What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (5 Viewers)

Big Bad MLS

@BigBadMLS

#BreakingNews - Sources tell me several German clubs including Gladbach are closely watching@ATLUTD’s George Bello. ATL did select Andrew Gutman in the Re-Entry draft. The 18 year old Homegrown would be yet another big transfer out of #MLS. ATL want him to stay one more year

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
This is so ####ed up I am unsure what to say.

One of the heavy USMNT tweeters (some one who has been quoted in this thread multiple times) did something so vile today, I am at a loss for words.  He copied a picture of some guy who was in the hospital with brain cancer and then claimed it was himself to garner more attention.  I have no idea how he was found out to be a fraud but he looks to have removed all his online accounts.

This idiot even got Dest and Weston to tweet their well wishes for him.  

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad

One of the heavy USMNT tweeters (some one who has been quoted in this thread) multiple times did something so vile today.  He copied a picture of some guy who was in the hospital with brain cancer and then claimed it was himself to garner more attention.  I have no idea how he was found out to be a fraud but he looks to have removed all his online accounts.

Oh jesus, the guy who was actually sick saw the picture and reported it to US Soccer.  How screwed up does one have to be to this?  The guy had a huge following too..

• Sad
I feel really bad for all the guys that have worked their asses off to give us plebes information, be it news or videos or what have you.  They are all going to be in danger of losing access to their sources because of this idiot :(

NewlyRetired said:

One of the heavy USMNT tweeters (some one who has been quoted in this thread multiple times) did something so vile today, I am at a loss for words.  He copied a picture of some guy who was in the hospital with brain cancer and then claimed it was himself to garner more attention.  I have no idea how he was found out to be a fraud but he looks to have removed all his online accounts.

That's really REALLY ####ed up considering what happened to Daryl Grove this year.

NewlyRetired said:

What account?  

Werder Bremen sporting director Frank Baumann on selling Josh Sargent this transfer window “It’s not a topic for us right now because we would like to keep our young talents long term. I can very well envision that Josh even stays past this season at the club.”

Roger Gonzalez

@RGonzalezCBS

Fiorentina and Bryan Reynolds are close to reaching an agreement on personal terms, sources tell CBS Sports. Talks ongoing and progressing well. They would still need to come to an agreement with FC Dallas.  Fiorentina has placed an offer described as sizeable and comparable to that of AS Roma. No decision made yet, but Italy seems most likely at the moment.

Roger Gonzalez

@RGonzalezCBS

Fiorentina and Bryan Reynolds are close to reaching an agreement on personal terms, sources tell CBS Sports. Talks ongoing and progressing well. They would still need to come to an agreement with FC Dallas.  Fiorentina has placed an offer described as sizeable and comparable to that of AS Roma. No decision made yet, but Italy seems most likely at the moment.
I've been trying to understand Italy's non-EU rules, and lets just say there's a reason most of our kids go to Germany.

Rough game for Juve today.  Gave up a 3rd minute goal and the Cuadrado got a red card in the 18th minute.

Weston went 73 minutes before being subbed while losing 1-0.  A couple of minutes later they were losing 3-0.

I thought this play was not only fantastic by Steffen but in no way could be a red card that the Arsenal fans were screaming for. 

After watching the slow mo replay, it was as clean as could be, especially given the high speed of Steffen and and the attacking player.  The injury was unfortunate but far from intentional imo

https://streamable.com/zl3qfe

I heard there was a howler in the Man City Arsenal game and was afraid it was Steffen but it was the Arsenal keeper.

This was the goal on Steffen.  Un-savable imo and maybe a touch of bad luck in his long punch not finding a teammate....

https://streamja.com/R3r21

I heard there was a howler in the Man City Arsenal game and was afraid it was Steffen but it was the Arsenal keeper.

This was the goal on Steffen.  Un-savable imo and maybe a touch of bad luck in his long punch not finding a teammate....

https://streamja.com/R3r21
I guess it’s good that City keep starting him against the minnows in these cup games. 

I don't know if I am more surprised at Dest or Weston becoming fully integrated so quickly in the first team

=======

OneGoal

@OneGoalUS

Sergiño Dest (20) had a huge game for Barcelona today in a 3-0 win vs. Valladolid. Dest led the team in key passes (5x), provided the assist for the second goal & completed 97% (!) of his passes. Another full 90, Dest has already played more than 1000 minutes since his transfer

I think this stat is self biased in that Fulham is probably under attack more than most teams in the league.  That being said, from the minute Robinson got his chance, I don't think he has come off the field so he must be doing quite well.

============

OneGoal

@OneGoalUS

Antonee Robinson (23) leads all EPL left backs in clearances and blocked crosses per game played this season

I think this stat is self biased in that Fulham is probably under attack more than most teams in the league.  That being said, from the minute Robinson got his chance, I don't think he has come off the field so he must be doing quite well.

============

OneGoal

@OneGoalUS

Antonee Robinson (23) leads all EPL left backs in clearances and blocked crosses per game played this season
I remember his early appearances for the USMNT when it felt like he was usually the focal point of opposing attacks and always seemed under seige.  Good to see how far he's come in just 2 years.

Weah goes 75 minutes, leaves a 2-2 game.  He slowed down quite a bit in the second half.  I assume, as he has played so few minutes this year, that he just ran out of gas.

Very solid first half though.

New York Red Bulls midfielder targeted by Juventus

by Harry Mail1 d ago

New York Red Bulls midfielder Caden Clark is on the radar of Juventus

New York Red Bulls youngster Caden Clark has caught the eye of Juventus. The European giants are keeping tabs on his progress, according to a report by Italian news outlet Tuttosport. He has burst onto the scene in MLS in the past 2020 season and looks set for a very bright future in the game.

Juventus are set to focus more on their player recruitment in America having enjoyed success with signing Weston McKennie. The United States international started out at FC Dallas before venturing over the Atlantic Ocean to sign for German Bundesliga outfit Schalke 04. He now plays for Juve and they are in the hunt for similar American talent.

Clark, who is 17 years old, is next up on their transfer wishlist and the Red Bulls will be praying they can keep him at the club for longer. He was on the books at Minnesota Thunder and Barca Residency Academy before joining their ranks in February. It has been some rise for him from the Bulls’ B team into their senior side over the past 10 or so months.

Saw this stat on twitter.

For the entire calendar year of 2020, Schalke's second leading scorer is Weston.

Think about that for a second, a guy who mostly played defense and defensive midfielder and has not been with the team since the summer, is their second leading scorer.  That poor team.

Users who are viewing this thread