What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (8 Viewers)

oh jesus, Luna missed by inches on a open net from about 20 yards out after an epic mistake from the Ecuadorian keeper, who cleared it off the face of his defender. It was not an easy shot though, he had to hit with outside of foot from a wide position, it ended up curling just wide.

oh, some juicy news :popcorn: :popcorn:

=============
JuveFC

@juvefcdotcom

Exclusive! Breaking News Italian sources have confirmed Weston McKennie WILL return to Juventus this summer. It’s over between him and Leeds

Wes will discuss his future with the Juve management after returning from NT duty in the summer. His agent has received interest from Brighton, Newcastle, West Ham & Aston Villa. He’s expected to return to the PL but a change in Juve’s coach could open the door for Wes to stay

Weston was fully open to signing a long term deal with Leeds, but due to the lack of instability within the club and communication of his role on the pitch, this is part of the reason why he’ll return to Juve. It appeared that promises were broken early on in his loan.

oh jesus, Luna missed by inches on a open net from about 20 yards out after an epic mistake from the Ecuadorian keeper, who cleared it off the face of his defender. It was not an easy shot though, he had to hit with outside of foot from a wide position, it ended up curling just wide.
here was the chance

He must really hate his left foot.
actually in this very specific case, he made the correct choice IMO. It would have taken slightly longer to get to his left foot which was further from the ball and may have given the keeper that extra time to block it.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Really dominated the 2nd half but things didn't start happening til Yapi came on. I thought moving Luna out wide made him a lot more dangerous. I also thought Edelman was fantastic when he came on (I probably would have left Vargas on as well but I think he was just gassed).

Overall we weren't great, but Ecuador was easily our toughest test in group so hopefully we can grow into the tournament from here.

here was the chance

That's a pretty bad miss.

Here was the goal
Great take off the ball on his 1st, and nicely struck. Did it have the slightest of deflections going in?

Totally spaced on this. Glad to hear they played well and sounds like dictated things.

So how nuts is it to wonder whether we should flip Weah and Dest?

Weah has got a ton of time at FB this season (including another 90 today) and Dest has all the makings of a decent winger...

Big Sam fighting to stave off relegation by turning Wes into Rory Delap pretty much ticks all my soccer thread boxes. Just need to include a sexy Giroud shot and I’d have Bingo.

Honestly Wes' throws just in this game are going to get him looks from clubs. It's a weapon that a guy like Moyes and a club like West Ham would terrorize people with. Or it might bring Martin O'Neil back to club management.

What's weird is this is a skill Wes has shown for club and country in the past and yet it took Big Sam coming in to get relegation-threatened Leeds to actually use it.

Valencia beat Real Madrid to really help their ability to stay up. They also jumped to 13th in the table.

Musah barely played though, coming on in injury time.

The second to last nail was hammered in today to the Leeds coffin. Leicester ground out a point today and moved ahead of Leeds.

Leeds now needs to jump over two teams on the last day to survive.

The second to last nail was hammered in today to the Leeds coffin. Leicester ground out a point today and moved ahead of Leeds.

I think they needed to win and for Everton to lose no matter what happened today.

ETA: nm. that goal difference.

I think they needed to win and for Everton to lose no matter what happened today.

ETA: nm. that goal difference.

right, the GD means that Leeds have to leap frog LC as well. They not only need a win but help in two other games.

Does the Leeds thing really even matter anymore? Marsch is gone, Weston is gone, Adams will likely move. That leaves mostly just Aaronson, right? Or would Adams stay if they stay up?

I tuned in late to the US Fiji WC game. 0-0 in the 32d minute. From what I can gather it is all the US but they have been terrible finishing (yup...while typing this they just missed a another golden chance)

This has the feel of just one needs to go in and the flood gates may open but you hate to see them letting an inferior team hang around..

0-0 at half, team looks frustrated.....

This is not an issue of trying to figure out how to break down a bus, they are doing that with ease. They just need to get the ball in the net (shot after shot after shot are just missing).

Finally a break through. Odd play where every one seemed to stop in the box thinking the US drew a PK and then when the call did not come, Luna finally buried it from about 14 yards out.

1-0

Last edited:
11 minutes of extra time. Cowell hit the cross bar and then hit the post on two separate chances with in a minute.

No joke, this should be a 9-0 win.

Users who are viewing this thread