What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vance McDonald's Fragile Freaking Foot (1 Viewer)

hunter1

Footballguy
Any of you Steelers people have an update on this?  Kinda weird there's no definitive report on this.  TIA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, guess I’m agitated tonight. No news, nothing reported on twitter. Only thing anyone knows is he was carted off the other day but they made it sound like it was a day to day thing and not an end of the season thing. 

Any of you Steelers people have an update on this?  Kinda weird there's no definitive report on this.  TIA.
Tomlin said it was minor 

eta- this needed a new thread? Could have just posted in the main thread.

Tomlin said it was minor 

eta- this needed a new thread? Could have just posted in the main thread.
Thanks.  And yes, any topic on which I post will be in a new thread because I am, after all... me.  You're totally lucky I am even responding to you, officer.  It's your lucky day.  Congrats!

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler expects Vance McDonald to have a "monster season" for the Steelers.

This is our first blurb on McDonald since the end of last season, and he's widely been viewed as one of the biggest offseason winners in the Pittsburgh offense. The Steelers have the fifth-most targets and third-most air yards available from 2018 following Antonio Brown and Jesse James' departures. McDonald already set new career bests with his 50-610-4 line on 72 targets in 2018, but he has a chance to build on that if he can become Big Ben's No. 2 option behind JuJu Smith-Schuster. McDonald is currently being drafted as the TE9 in fantasy.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Jul 24, 2019, 10:36 AM ET

Godsbrother said:
With Vance it is always a question of injuries.  IF he can stay healthy he is going to have a very good year but that is a big if.
I know, I know... "you can't predict injuries," but I am gun-shy on this guy because of the injury history, despite the potential.  He's not Tyler Eifert, but he sure seems to be injured a lot.

Godsbrother said:
With Vance it is always a question of injuries.  IF he can stay healthy he is going to have a very good year but that is a big if.
I get why people are calling a breakout for him. He does have rare TE big play potential and is on an offense with a lot of targets up for grabs but he is also a 29 year old TE  who has missed games every year of his career and missed 35 games in 6 seasons. His career high was 50/610/4. I am skeptical he can break out. 

When asked if Vance McDonald will see increased playing time in 2019, Steelers OC Randy Fichtner replied, "He won't. He's never going to play the full game. That's never going to happen."

McDonald was in on a career-high 564 snaps last season, which came out to 54.6% of the Steelers' total downs. That was McDonald's healthiest season to date, and he's never been able to stay healthy for a full 16-game schedule. We still are willing to bet McDonald's playing time increases, but it's not going to come close to an every-down rate. And McDonald doesn't necessarily need that in order to make another leap as a fantasy asset. As long as he's in on 60-70% of the plays, McDonald can build on his 50-610-4 line from 2018. Xavier Grimble is expected to fill the old Jesse James role as the inline blocker.

SOURCE: DK Pittsburgh Sports

Aug 21, 2019, 4:04 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread