What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vandy probably attempted his last kick as a Colt (1 Viewer)

Kosar

Footballguy
It is just a hunch, but I'm feeling like they wanted to get rid of this guy for a while now but just didn't have a good enough reason.That wasn't just a miss, that was a BAD miss. And what's with the earring???Anyway, I really have no proof or rhyme or reason, but it just seems like it's over in Indy for Vandy.Discuss. :popcorn:

He needs a geographical cure. If he's worth his salt, this experience will humble him a little bit. Well, that and the beating he probably took in the lockerroom. ;)

I thought it was funny they kept showing Vandy waving his psuedo-towel and then he chokes when he had a chance to tie the game. What a putz.

It is just a hunch, but I'm feeling like they wanted to get rid of this guy for a while now but just didn't have a good enough reason.

That wasn't just a miss, that was a BAD miss.

And what's with the earring???

Anyway, I really have no proof or rhyme or reason, but it just seems like it's over in Indy for Vandy.

Discuss.

:popcorn:
AKA Scott Norwood?I do not think the Colts get rid of Vandy, that game was lost long before he stepped onto the field that last time.

It is just a hunch, but I'm feeling like they wanted to get rid of this guy for a while now but just didn't have a good enough reason.

Anyway, I really have no proof or rhyme or reason, but it just seems like it's over in Indy for Vandy.

Discuss.

AKA Scott Norwood?I do not think the Colts get rid of Vandy, that game was lost long before he stepped onto the field that last time.
I think the "idiot kicker" circus from a couple years ago plays into this. Thus, the prediction. It is not because of the missed kick alone.

I thought the writing was on the wall before the season that he wouldn't be back next year. His act was already wearing thin in the locker room (including the whole Manning feud before the Pro Bowl two years ago) and the Colts drafted Rayner so he can take over the field goal duties. Also, the Colts are going to have to free up as much cap room as they can to sign Edge and Wayne. I think he was gone even if he made the kick and the Colts won the Super Bowl.

Discuss.

No, the game was lost minutes after he stepped onto it.You can't argue that the Colts had a legitimate chance to tie there.

And that was the easiest step in the long chain of events needed to tie it up.

He'll be hated I'm sure, would weigh on him each time he goes out to kick.

Maybe time for a change of venue for the idiot kicker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Discuss.

:goodposting: at least Norwood actually played in a SuperBowl!!!! lol..

I wanted to chime in stating it was the worst miss I've ever seen on a field goal attempt. That was just terrifically far off.

He needs a geographical cure. If he's worth his salt, this experience will humble him a little bit. Well, that and the beating he probably took in the lockerroom. ;)
The one who should receive the beating is Nick Harper. He cut in and let Ben tackle him, instead of beating him to the corner. He was the last guy he needed to beat.

Joe Nedney..........Bill Polian is on line 1.
Joe Shredknee?Isn't this guy always getting put on IR, save for the 2005 campaign...?

While I think it sucks for Colts fans the way things went down yesterday....I kind of laughed a bit at Vanderjerk. Couldn't have happended to a nicer drunk. :P

I wanted to chime in stating it was the worst miss I've ever seen on a field goal attempt. That was just terrifically far off.
Not as bad the the one Kris Brown "missed" against the Titans. It was only a 31-yard fg, but he "hooked" it about 30 yards to the left. To be fair to Brown, it had the distance.

I'm sure he would be more than welcome in Washington as well after Hall's just as bad fluff on Saturday ;)

I can only dream of having a kicker as good as Vandy wearing blue and silver. We would take him in a New York second in Dallas :thumbup:

Based on the missed kick alone, it wouldn't make sense to waive him. However, given his past history [including calling out Manning and Dungy], and the fact he's a kicker [very few are accepted as 'one of the guys' in the locker room], I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Colts make other plans. They won't simply give up Vandy for the sake of it, but if they can acquire a solid alternative, he'll be the PK in another city in 2006.

I think the premise is right, since there were already rumblings before this season about him being a cap casualty. Part of the question that comes in is whether or not they bring him to camp and have somebody compete with him or just do a pure gamble and cut him loose. There's no doubt that Vandy would be at the very top of any list of kickers brought in once somebody else (invariably) loses his job.Maybe he could go to the Bears, since if the breeze was blowing off Lake Michigan on that kick, it might've gone straight ;o)The history definitely is a factor though the Colts won't say so. It's funny, when Manning did his 'call out' I half-expected him to being calling out Vanderjagt and not his o-line ;) -QG

I'm making excuses for Vanderjacht, but I do believe the snap and hold were both pretty bad. If the Colts let him go, some dome team will pick him up in the first week of free agency.

His act was already wearing thin in the locker room (including the whole Manning feud before the Pro Bowl two years ago) and the Colts drafted Rayner so he can take over the field goal duties.
I have Rayner in a league where my only other kicker, Jeff Reed, is going to be gone as a free agent. I'd love to see Rayner take over for Indy :thumbup:

He was gone in the offseason whether he made the kick or not,Indy has decided they want a kicker that can actually kickoff instead of spout off

I can see why an underachieving playoff team would want to get rid of the most accurate kicker in NFL history. :unsure:

I can see why an underachieving playoff team would want to get rid of the most accurate kicker in NFL history.

:unsure:
True, it does seem strange that they would get rid of him after one kick, but some of the cap issues mentioned earlier may make it more realistic.The other thing that wasn't mentioned is that it will likely be tough sledding for Vanderjagt next year with regard to the fan base. As a Jet fan, right or wrong, I remember how much the fan base never wanted to see Doug Brien's mug again after the 2004 playoff debacle.

Granted, Brien is no Vanderjagt, but the situation regarding a lasting memory is not too dissimilar. For that reason alone, team brass may see a change of scenery as a good idea.

If I remember correctly, Vandy made 1.8MM in 2005. That is WAY TOO MUCH money to be paying a kicker. No matter how accurate he might be.

No, one bad kick doesn't cost him his job. He was 23/25 in regular season play.
What about His miss vs. Miami in the playoffs?He is the biggest choke.

Did you say that about Norwood? He only missed one kick?

If I remember correctly, Vandy made 1.8MM in 2005. That is WAY TOO MUCH money to be paying a kicker. No matter how accurate he might be.
Accurate,He kicks in doors.Vandy said after He missed the kick,'If it was in doors it would have been good from 40 yards'.

The reporter said it was in doors. Vandy said the kick would still have been good

from 40 yards. :lmao:

Accurate,He kicks in doors.Vandy said after He missed the kick,'If it was in doors it would have been good from 40 yards'.

The reporter said it was in doors. Vandy said the kick would still have been good

:lmao: That was just a horrible kick. It was so far right that it would have missed from 20 yards.

:lmao: That was just a horrible kick. It was so far right that it would have missed from 20 yards.
He didn't know the ball had to go thru the uprights. I guess. :lmao:

No, one bad kick doesn't cost him his job.  He was 23/25 in regular season play.
Really?! What was the name of that Jets kicker from last year? AND WHAT TEAM DOES HE PLAY FOR NOW? :D ...ok, maybe it was 2 bad kicks.

He missed when it counted. He doesn't even kick off for them anymore. With all the other guys who need to be signed, I think he'll have to find a new home. And he'll probably do OK too.Although Bill Parcells would probably make him cry. :P

I wanted to chime in stating it was the worst miss I've ever seen on a field goal attempt.  That was just terrifically far off.
Not as bad the the one Kris Brown "missed" against the Titans. It was only a 31-yard fg, but he "hooked" it about 30 yards to the left. To be fair to Brown, it had the distance.
Some of us were thinking that Brown missed on purpose to guarantee the Texans the 1st draft pick.Vandy didn't just miss that kick, looks to me like he purposely shanked it :tinfoilhat:

Users who are viewing this thread