What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Veterans coming off bad seasons (1 Viewer)

what do we think about Kendrys Morales?
Major logjam taking place in Anaheim. Love Kendrys but not sure how much playing time he's going to get if he doesn't hit the ground running.
Really don't see bums like Abreu or Trumbo taking ABs away from Kendrys. Guy's gonna be on every one of my rosters
400-4350 ABs.
pretty safe bet
how do we feel now that it looks like Abreau is going to be traded?

Not going to end up top 10 overall, but it looks like Kelly Johnson will be hitting in the #2 spot in front of Bautista this season, could sneak back into the top 10 for second basemen.

Major logjam taking place in Anaheim. Love Kendrys but not sure how much playing time he's going to get if he doesn't hit the ground running.
Really don't see bums like Abreu or Trumbo taking ABs away from Kendrys. Guy's gonna be on every one of my rosters
400-4350 ABs.
pretty safe bet
looks like that deal fell through

400-4350 ABs.
pretty safe bet
looks like that deal fell through
where there's smoke, there's fire... the halos either feel that abreau sucks or morales is ready, or both... any way you slice it, i see plenty of abs for morales this season if hes healthy.

Huge on Morales this season. :thumbup: Don't know if they'll handle him with kid gloves, but assuming not, he'll be in the heart of that Angels lineup pretty much 90% of the year. Guy played 2 years of MVP-level ball before the home plate incident. I think he's only taken a few live AB's in spring, but he mashed them. With that kind of upside, and that discounted a price, I don't need a huge sample size to pull the trigger.

Reaching for him around the 12th/13th every draft, just to be super-sure I don't miss out. Give me MVP upside over Melky Cabrera every time.
Guy went in the 4th round in our keeper league.........WAY EARLY(at least a couple rounds too early)
I guess he's going even higher than I feared in some leagues, then.I see on a couple of the big online sites he's going in the 200 overall range in drafts. I guess I'm glad I got in before his price became too rich.

I'll happily stake my chances on him over every other 1b playing outside of the top 8 or so. After...what, Hosmer? Do I really want Michael Morse over Morales? I don't think so. Rather let it slide, grab a couple of those nicely-valued mid-round SP's this year, and take my chances.

:thumbup:
:thumbup: Im thinking of going cheap at 1B/CI and targeting 3 of Morales/Dunn/Swisher/Butler/Moreland instead of one of the studs and spending my money elsewhere.
1B/CI was really a bizarre position at our draft yesterday. i was targeting 3 of Morse/Swisher/Dunn/Butler/Morales/Pena, in that order. was guessing morse would be about 25 down to maybe 5 for morales/pena. the prices ended up like this (i got the bolded)...21-Dunn

21-Butler

19-Swisher

15-Morales

15-Pena

15-Morse

fyi - i ended up taking EE for a buck for my last CI position

Users who are viewing this thread