What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vick Ballard - out for season with knee injury (1 Viewer)

Then why did

Brown:Kerwynn seems a lot like Noshow:Hillman to me. Just, you know, a little worse. Think Brown becomes a decent desperation play late in the year once Bradshaw is hurt. Although we'll see if they sign someone.
Williams has the speed that Moreno has lost. Catches good and actually can run inside if needed, which suits him because he's not the quickest burst guy in the world. What will hold him back is pass protection (but then again, isn't that what holds all young RBs back to some degree?). Comparatively though, he's probably no worse at pass protection that Gio.

Who knows but opportunity is half the equation and you figure he might get called up.
Then why did he get demoted to the practice squad?
I wouldn't call it a demotion. He just needs some seasoning and at the time Brown had the edge in experience. Since Bradshaw was a wild card, I'm guessing the Colts wanted 2 experienced backs to count on. Now that's all changed. What I know is Williams is the only back on the team I feel is a game breaker.
He WAS demoted. Other teams could have rostered him. If he was that important to the Colts, KW would not have been cut.
That's not necessarily true. Teams have to make tough roster limit decisions all the time. The fact they wanted him back to be on the PS speaks louder than the fact he didn't make the 53 man roster. Guys like Arian Foster have come from a PS. We don't always know all the answers prior to them playing their 1st NFL game.

Then why did

Brown:Kerwynn seems a lot like Noshow:Hillman to me. Just, you know, a little worse. Think Brown becomes a decent desperation play late in the year once Bradshaw is hurt. Although we'll see if they sign someone.
Williams has the speed that Moreno has lost. Catches good and actually can run inside if needed, which suits him because he's not the quickest burst guy in the world. What will hold him back is pass protection (but then again, isn't that what holds all young RBs back to some degree?). Comparatively though, he's probably no worse at pass protection that Gio.

Who knows but opportunity is half the equation and you figure he might get called up.
Then why did he get demoted to the practice squad?
I wouldn't call it a demotion. He just needs some seasoning and at the time Brown had the edge in experience. Since Bradshaw was a wild card, I'm guessing the Colts wanted 2 experienced backs to count on. Now that's all changed. What I know is Williams is the only back on the team I feel is a game breaker.
He WAS demoted. Other teams could have rostered him. If he was that important to the Colts, KW would not have been cut.
Dude, he was a 7th rd pick IIRC. Not many teams are sniping 7th rounders these days.
Exactly.

I thought Bradshaw ran with a hitch last weekend.

Thought Ballard looked decidedly better personally in Week 1. Big loss for them. Still not sure Bradshaw is healthy. I certainly didn't think he looked it Week 1.

You guys are crazy. Yeah, Bradshaw has "bad" feet. But maybe this is the year it gets put behind him. Please don't forget that the guy played through this in New York. He suited up and went out to battle every game with good production. I'm a bit worried I guess but I have faith that Bradshaw can be the Flex/RB2 i drafted him as.
Bradshaws feet are held together with duct tape and screws ... it has been getting progressively worse it's not something that is ever going to be behind him.

Why would the Giants have let him go and why do you think it took so long for another team to pick him up. He wasn't able to pass most teams physicals.

I thought Bradshaw ran with a hitch last weekend.

Thought Ballard looked decidedly better personally in Week 1. Big loss for them. Still not sure Bradshaw is healthy. I certainly didn't think he looked it Week 1.
You know, that's a good point to bring up. He really did not look to be ready for any meaningful time this week coming.

I dropped Ballard and grabbed Donald Brown. I don't have much better for a flex/RB3 option. I also think Brown will step up as long as he doesnt get injured I could see him doing well if the matchup is good.

It's good news for dynasty owners, because Indy is going to draft a RB early next year and he's gonna be in a great situation.

Isn't Kerwynn Williams on the practice squad? Promotion in order?
Colts promoted RB/KR Kerwynn Williams from their practice squad.
He'll be No. 3 on the tailback depth chart, behind Ahmad Bradshaw and Donald Brown with Vick Ballard sent to injured reserve. Though undersized at 5-foot-8, 195, Williams has terrific long speed and receiving ability. He lacks re-draft value, but is worth a roster spot in deep Dynasty leagues.

I don't own Ballard in any leagues, but man, my heart goes out to the kid. He was a middling talent in an NFL situation about as good as he could have ever hoped for. He had a clear chance to play himself into a decent contract after his rookie deal expires - a chance that a whole lot of 5th-rounders never get.

By the time he comes back to camp in 2014, he could find himself a 3rd-stringer on his own team, and that window might be closed for good.

Here's to a full recovery for him at least.

yoadrian said:
yoadrian said:
Isn't Kerwynn Williams on the practice squad? Promotion in order?
Colts promoted RB/KR Kerwynn Williams from their practice squad.
He'll be No. 3 on the tailback depth chart, behind Ahmad Bradshaw and Donald Brown with Vick Ballard sent to injured reserve. Though undersized at 5-foot-8, 195, Williams has terrific long speed and receiving ability. He lacks re-draft value, but is worth a roster spot in deep Dynasty leagues.
Well, that didn't take long. Wonder if its an indication that they like him vs. going out and kicking tires on other guys first?

Think he's droppable in dynasty, unfortunately. As good as ACL repairs are these days, they're not foolproof. Ballard was always an effort and consistency guy, not a special talent. There's not much room for his talent to wane is my point.

Given that Indy addressed defense and O-line this year, next year they're probably looking for playmakers at RB. I shopped him in my 16 team dynasty and got an offer of a 4th rounder, AND we don't have to use a roster spot on injured guys - have one IR spot (which mine is currently filled). I think 3 owners even made a pick in the 4th round last year... it's worthless, meaning Ballard is pretty worthless.

Call me crazy, I see Turbin landing here before the trade deadline.
Hmm..Now there is some creative thinking that just might have some legs to it.
Possibly, but Seattle is in "win now" mode, they cut ties with Lynch next season and will have two capable, and CHEAP RBs in his place...Turbin was a 4th rounder and makes 500k...they'd want to at least get a third rounder or above for him, and I am not sure Indy would buy that.

Hmmmmm. I wonder who Irsay likes and will target. If it's a solid guy he would be a great pickup. No way Bradshaw lasts the whole year. Brown and Williams are clear backup material.

monk said:
fbelange said:
You guys are crazy. Yeah, Bradshaw has "bad" feet. But maybe this is the year it gets put behind him. Please don't forget that the guy played through this in New York. He suited up and went out to battle every game with good production. I'm a bit worried I guess but I have faith that Bradshaw can be the Flex/RB2 i drafted him as.
Bradshaws feet are held together with duct tape and screws ... it has been getting progressively worse it's not something that is ever going to be behind him.

Why would the Giants have let him go and why do you think it took so long for another team to pick him up. He wasn't able to pass most teams physicals.
Source?

fbelange said:
When your feet are held together with bubble gum and band-aides, it's hard to "put behind you".

I am a Bradshaw owner.

That being said, very sad for Ballard. Here's hoping for a speedy and full recovery!

Bob Barker said:
As a Bradshaw owner in multiple league this is the info ive been praying for. Thank you Lord
As a Bradshaw owner, you're the last person that should be wishing injury onto others.

Seattle is in "win now" mode, they cut ties with Lynch next season and will have two capable, and CHEAP RBs in his place...
They do? Lynch is set to make up to $5.5M in 2014. You think they will release him? I don't see that at all.

Call me crazy, I see Turbin landing here before the trade deadline.
It's worth talking about... Ingram? Daniel Thomas? Reece? Moreno?

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay1h
We're all hurting for Vick BaL..Bradshaw,Brown and others must step up...Grig's gonna work hard to wheel n deal B4 trade deadline,let's roll
Doubt they would trade him in division and they really don't have a replacement but....

MJD is in the last year of his contract and is a high mileage back for a team in full rebuild.

Why would the Giants have let him go
Because they were going to have to pay him nearly $4 million?
Wrong. He could have signed with them (and he wanted to) for much less. They passed for a reason.
It's possible Jed but they may have just felt they had enough young talent in Wilson and Brown and wanted to spend money elsewhere, coupled with his bad feet. Miami let an veteran RB go with not a ton in the backfield and he looks pretty good in Detroit, it's possible sometimes these teams just make mistakes. Wes Welker to Denver rather than staying in NE when the money was real similar, even though it's another position.

Personally I just think Indy moves the ball by air. However, Bradshaw's situation is a little better now than it was a week ago.

Vick Ballard - RB - Colts
Vick Ballard (ACL) said he's passed a physical and been medically cleared.
Ballard tore his ACL during a practice ahead of Week 2 last season, so he's had significantly more rehab time than someone like Rob Gronkowski. Ballard expects to be on the field from Day 1 of training camp, at least on a limited basis. He'll fight with Ahmad Bradshaw for complementary reps at first, but could be called upon for a bigger role if Trent Richardson can't improve on his 2013 train wreck.

Source: Mike Wells on Twitter
Jul 23 - 9:21 AM

Definitely a guy to watch this year. Richardson has alot to prove and Bradshaw is injury prone. Might not be bad to scoop him up late in drafts.

Users who are viewing this thread