What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vick Ballard - out for season with knee injury (1 Viewer)

Wondering the same myself? Brown or the rookie Williams worth picking up?

NM - Williams was waived at the end of camp

Last edited by a moderator:
Donald Brown looked better than Ballard last year. If not for Ballard's diving TD to win a game and Brown's injuries, he'd probably still be ahead of Ballard.

With Ballard down, I'd say there's a better than 50% chance Brown ends up the lead dog at some point this season. Bradshaw won't last.

Donald Brown looked better than Ballard last year. If not for Ballard's diving TD to win a game and Brown's injuries, he'd probably still be ahead of Ballard.

With Ballard down, I'd say there's a better than 50% chance Brown ends up the lead dog at some point this season. Bradshaw won't last.
I like Bradshaw quite a bit now, but I agree that Brown should be added by RB-desperate/Bradshaw/deep league owners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there something that the Colts have against Donald Brown? He has looked pretty decent whenever he gets PT and Bradshaw was not impressive whatsoever in the opportunities he got. As I recall the Colts wanted a pretty even timeshare with Ballard/Bradshaw, will this remain teh case with Brown?

I don't think it's good to wish/hope for injury, but I have to admit, when I opened this thread, I was thinking, "finally an injury that helps my team." With Bell still out, Vereen out, and Hillman as my only other RB2 option, having Bradshaw get more carries/touches (even against the Dolphins) is a better option.

Wait, I thought Ahmad Bradshaw was the injury-prone one! Are you...are you telling me...that the majority of football injuries are random and unpredictable? My god.

Brown:Kerwynn seems a lot like Noshow:Hillman to me. Just, you know, a little worse. Think Brown becomes a decent desperation play late in the year once Bradshaw is hurt. Although we'll see if they sign someone.

You guys are crazy. Yeah, Bradshaw has "bad" feet. But maybe this is the year it gets put behind him. Please don't forget that the guy played through this in New York. He suited up and went out to battle every game with good production. I'm a bit worried I guess but I have faith that Bradshaw can be the Flex/RB2 i drafted him as.

is Ballard droppable in dynasty?

seems like no one was ever very high on his skillset and his value was based primarily on his opportunity.

Brown:Kerwynn seems a lot like Noshow:Hillman to me. Just, you know, a little worse. Think Brown becomes a decent desperation play late in the year once Bradshaw is hurt. Although we'll see if they sign someone.
Williams has the speed that Moreno has lost. Catches good and actually can run inside if needed, which suits him because he's not the quickest burst guy in the world. What will hold him back is pass protection (but then again, isn't that what holds all young RBs back to some degree?). Comparatively though, he's probably no worse at pass protection that Gio.

Who knows but opportunity is half the equation and you figure he might get called up.

Then why did

Williams has the speed that Moreno has lost. Catches good and actually can run inside if needed, which suits him because he's not the quickest burst guy in the world. What will hold him back is pass protection (but then again, isn't that what holds all young RBs back to some degree?). Comparatively though, he's probably no worse at pass protection that Gio.

Who knows but opportunity is half the equation and you figure he might get called up.
Then why did he get demoted to the practice squad?

Then why did

I wouldn't call it a demotion. He just needs some seasoning and at the time Brown had the edge in experience. Since Bradshaw was a wild card, I'm guessing the Colts wanted 2 experienced backs to count on. Now that's all changed. What I know is Williams is the only back on the team I feel is a game breaker.

Wait, I thought Ahmad Bradshaw was the injury-prone one! Are you...are you telling me...that the majority of football injuries are random and unpredictable? My god.
I'm not sure I need to check with Andre Brown and Danny Amendola first.

Then why did

I wouldn't call it a demotion. He just needs some seasoning and at the time Brown had the edge in experience. Since Bradshaw was a wild card, I'm guessing the Colts wanted 2 experienced backs to count on. Now that's all changed. What I know is Williams is the only back on the team I feel is a game breaker.
Agree.

Then why did

He WAS demoted. Other teams could have rostered him. If he was that important to the Colts, KW would not have been cut.

Then why did

He WAS demoted. Other teams could have rostered him. If he was that important to the Colts, KW would not have been cut.
Dude, he was a 7th rd pick IIRC. Not many teams are sniping 7th rounders these days.

Users who are viewing this thread