What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vilma is a beast (1 Viewer)

Badm

Footballguy
They guy is a stud. I am so glad I drafted him high this year. Him , Urlacher, Pierce, Kassell and now Lofa, my LB core is just destroying my opponents. I gotta say I was a little worried about the sophmore jinx with him. They guy is just a tackling machine.

Damn straight.I drafted Urlacher and Vilma and got Mike Brown and Terrance Keil off the waiver wire. My defense is dominating.

:goodposting: I took him in the first round of our draft last year in my dynasty league, 10 overall. My D is doing awesome. I have Jason Taylor (initial draft) and Vanden Bosch (sp, fa) at DEs, John Henderson at DT, Ronde Barber (init draft), DeAngelo Hall (04 draft), and Ike Taylor (fa) at CB (start 2), Terrence Kiel and Kerry Rhodes (fa) at S, and at LB (start 4) I have Vilma, Ray Lewis (init draft), Antonio Pierce (04 fa), Gary Brackett (fa), Tatupu (drafted 9th round), and Kailee Wong (drafted 4th round this year). Lots of fun so far this year. :thumbup:

I got Vilma after Ray Lewis and Donnie Edwards were drafted. I wanted Lewis, but he was drafted first. I'm glad I didn't take him the round earlier (I almost did). Vilma is a machine.

I got Vilma too, in both leagues. In my dynasty league I was able to snag him after 3 other LB'ers were taken. I ended up with Vilma, Pierce and Farrior. I took Daryl Smith, Crowder and Lemar Marshall as late picks. My LB corps is kicking sack. :boxing:

Water is wet.;)I have Vilma in two leagues having just acquired him for a late 1st in one. In the other, a 20 team league, I'm winning mostly on D, with Vilma, Lofa, Ulbrich, Mark Brown (WW), and Lehman/Davis. DL and DBs are strong, but Vilma is carrying the team to wins in many weeks so far. He'll just get better, and IMHO is the #1 IDP in dynasty leagues now. :D

To think there was someone on this board that asked about dropping him.
That was me. :bag: And believe me, I've been kicking myself in the ### everyday since. This is my first year in a FFBL and at the time Vilma had had two fairly average games and there were a bunch of players all looking pretty good. I even created a poll on here asking if people would rather have Vilma or Pierce. Ultimately, Vilma won out 8-5 but at the time I made my decision Pierce was leading 4-3. I'm not trying to make excuses, I still have a great defense w/ Zach Thomas, Mike Brown, Antonio Pierce and Terrence McGee (I get points for return yds) and have won several games on the strength of my defense. BUT, not a day goes by that I don't look at Vilma's stats and think, "Man, am I a moron!". :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
That was me. :bag: And believe me, I've been kicking myself in the ### everyday since. This is my first year in a FFBL and at the time Vilma had had two fairly average games and there were a bunch of players all looking pretty good. I even created a poll on here asking if people would rather have Vilma or Pierce. Ultimately, Vilma won out 8-5 but at the time I made my decision Pierce was leading 4-3. I'm not trying to make excuses, I still have a great defense w/ Zach Thomas, Mike Brown, Antonio Pierce and Terrence McGee (I get points for return yds) and have won several games on the strength of my defense. BUT, not a day goes by that I don't look at Vilma's stats and think, "Man, am I a moron!". :wall:
First year in FF and you jumped into an IDP league? Yikes.

Well, thankfully we only start 3 IDP positions. And also, thankfully, there are great sites like this one where I get lots of infomation. I am actually really enjoying that aspect of the game. In fact my defense is winning games for me. And even though I made a bonehead move in getting rid of Vilma, I still have a very solid defense (Z Thomas, M Brown & T McGee). We have relatively small rosters (16/ start 11) and we get point for return yds so the WW is always full of good players and some seemingly mediocre players can become starters (Sproles & Swinton).

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, thankfully we only start 3 IDP positions. And also, thankfully, there are great sites like this one where I get lots of infomation. I am actually really enjoying that aspect of the game. In fact my defense is winning games for me. And even though I made a bonehead move in getting rid of Vilma, I still have a very solid defense (Z Thomas, M Brown & T McGee). We have relatively small rosters (16/ start 11) and we get point for return yds so the WW is always full of good players and some seemingly mediocre players can become starters (Sproles & Swinton).
Sounds like one of my yahoo leagues. Good for beginners, but I usually simply take whatever IDP looks best from waivers for the week. There's only a few IDP's I'll keep on their bye week. Return CBs are HUGE in this format.

Sounds like one of my yahoo leagues. Good for beginners, but I usually simply take whatever IDP looks best from waivers for the week. There's only a few IDP's I'll keep on their bye week. Return CBs are HUGE in this format.
And return FS. You're right, it's a Yahoo league. Terence McGee (who I have) lead all defensive players in points last year and is in third right now behind Edwards and Vilma ( :wall: ) who are both LB's. And I disagree, this format favors tacklers and playmakers. I wouldn't dare put Z Thomas or M Brown (or McGee) out on the WW or they would be gone in a heartbeat (that's how I lost Vilma ( :wall: )).

The order LB's were taken in my 10 team league:

Ray Lewis 4.5 (taken by a Raven fan)

Donnie Edwards 6.9

Keith Bulluck 7.3

Jonathan Vilma 7.8 (<----me :) )

Then.....

Brian Urlacher 8.4

Keith Brooking 8.10

Derrick Brooks 9.1

London Fletcher 9.9

Mike Peterson 9.10

Zach Thomas 10.8 (<----me :) )

Sweeeeeeet pair of LB's in a league where we start two every week!

Users who are viewing this thread