What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vince Young, where's he going? (1 Viewer)

Where is Vince Young going?

• #3 overall- Tennessee Titans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #4 overall- New York Jets

• #7 overall- Oakland Raiders

• #10 overall- Arizona Cardinals

• #13 overall- Baltimore Ravens

• #15 overall- Denver Broncos

• #17 overall- Minnesota Vikings

• None of the above (specify in your post)

• Total voters

aposulli

Footballguy
I thought I saw this poll done before, but I couldn't find it, sorry.

Anyway, this poll obviously doesnt factor in the possibility of a team trading up for VY. I think the Broncos and Vikings could.

I'm thinking a trade-up by the Raiders for VY with the NYJ. The Jets will then select Cutler at 1.07.

1.03 -- Jets take Mario Williams

1.04 -- Titans take Cutler

1.07 -- Oakland takes Lenart

1.09 -- Detriot takes Vince Young

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though all the tea leaves are pointing differently, and most Houston fans have come to grips with Bush, because a non-football guy (Owner Bob McNair) is making the call on that first pick, my belief is that Young is not totally out of the running in Houston. My guess 60/40 Bush assuming they keep the pick.

If the Saints stay at 2, I think Young ends up a Raider. If the Saints move out of 2, Young will likely be a Titan (because whoever moved up to 2 probably took Leinart).

Even though all the tea leaves are pointing differently, and most Houston fans have come to grips with Bush, because a non-football guy (Owner Bob McNair) is making the call on that first pick, my belief is that Young is not totally out of the running in Houston. My guess 60/40 Bush assuming they keep the pick.
Doesn't the Carr contract situation take them out of the hunt for a QB or do they have an out?

Even though all the tea leaves are pointing differently, and most Houston fans have come to grips with Bush,  because a non-football guy (Owner Bob McNair) is making the call on that first pick,  my belief is that Young is not totally out of the running in Houston. My guess 60/40 Bush assuming they keep the pick.
Doesn't the Carr contract situation take them out of the hunt for a QB or do they have an out?
For a team acquiring Carr his contract situation is pretty good. The Texans would have to take the signing bonus hit, but would not probably move Carr for a year or two anyway. Honestly, not the move that I personally would make, but I think the interest doing something that is not Bush is more real than it appears on the surface.

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. - Texas quarterback Vince Young satisfied the Tennessee Titans during a private workout last week in Austin. A day after he completed 50-of-55 passes in Texas’ Pro Day, Young threw 47 passes to Titans receivers Courtney Roby, Bobby Wade and Sloan Thomas, who were flown in for the one-hour session.

“I don’t feel like [Young] has any limitations,” said Titans coach Jeff Fisher, who is attending the NFL owners’ meetings this week. “He communicated well. He’s engaging, has a great personality. He’s enthusiastic.

“There are times in the evaluation process when you can be misled. This was not the case. It’s important to him to be successful. He wants to learn, wants to know as much as he can and doesn’t have difficulty admitting if he doesn’t understand a concept, and he has a sincere desire to be the best.”

The Titans are expected to draft a quarterback with the third overall choice, and Southern California’s Matt Leinart, who has his Pro Day on Sunday, Vanderbilt’s Jay Cutler and Young all are high on their draft board.

Fisher said that Young’s low score on his first attempt at the Wonderlic - a 12-minute, 50-question test administered at the NFL Scouting Combine last month - doesn’t scare the Titans.

“I didn’t pay much attention to it,” Fisher said. “...Just watch the guy play quarterback. He won a national championship.”

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football...el=dfw_football

If the Saints stay at 2, I think Young ends up a Raider. If the Saints move out of 2, Young will likely be a Titan (because whoever moved up to 2 probably took Leinart).
I'm a Raider homer and everything I can get my hands on regarding the team from insiders on the radio and in the press is that Al Davis does not want to draft a player that will not have an immediate impact on the team in the first year. Sure, all this could be a smoke screen, but Al wants and needs to win now. He's not going to have the patience to wait for a couple of years for a rookie quarterback to develop. The Raiders have not historically used high picks on quarterbacks, and they are apparently very pleased with what they are seeing with Walter. Assuming Hawk and Mario Williams are off the board, I can only see them going Ngata, Huff, or Vernon Davis unless they trade down.Then again, Young would put butts in the seats and it would be nice for a change for a Raider game to not be blacked out in Sacramento even though it's more than 100 miles from the stadium.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barring a trade I think it'll either be Tennesee or Oakland. There's speculation that the Titans prefer him over Leinhart. Only speculation though.

Texans still acting like they are interested in trading down and grabbing him. A number of teams drafting after Oakland could try to trade ahead of the 7 pick.

I dont think he'll drop past 7. He totally fits the Al Davis mold of drafting either the best athlete or the biggest "winner".

, I can only see them going Ngata, Huff, or Vernon Davis unless they trade down.

Then again, Young would put butts in the seats and it would be nice for a change for a Raider game to not be blacked out in Sacramento even though it's more than 100 miles from the stadium.
The other name I would throw in there would be Winston Justice. Really the offense's biggest need is at right tackle. Both Gallery and Sims are considered best on the left side of the line and Sims can play guard. Justice could command a top ten pick with experts saying he could play either tackle position. I'd love to see them with two young studly tackles. Sure, Vernon Davis and Vince Young fit the Raider mold with their speed. Gallery proves that they like big guys too.

, I can only see them going Ngata, Huff, or Vernon Davis unless they trade down.

Then again, Young would put butts in the seats and it would be nice for a change for a Raider game to not be blacked out in Sacramento even though it's more than 100 miles from the stadium.
The other name I would throw in there would be Winston Justice. Really the offense's biggest need is at right tackle. Both Gallery and Sims are considered best on the left side of the line and Sims can play guard. Justice could command a top ten pick with experts saying he could play either tackle position. I'd love to see them with two young studly tackles. Sure, Vernon Davis and Vince Young fit the Raider mold with their speed. Gallery proves that they like big guys too.
Gallery and Jake Grove are very young and could benefit from more experience, playing in their natural positions (Gallery got moved around a ton his rookie year), and better coaching (Art Shell's influence could be profound for Oakland's offensive line). I don't want to see them spend a top 7 pick on an offensive lineman not named D'Brickashaw. They can always acquire a decent free agent offensive lineman if need be, but this unit needs one more season to gel and then see what you have. That first rounder really needs to used on the best defensive player on the board when their pick comes up. Vernon would be a decent consolation prize if they're not happy with the defensive player available to them at that spot. But, I will be pretty upset about any quarterback that the Raiders take at that spot UNLESS Leinart magically falls that far.

I'm thinking a trade-up by the Raiders for VY with the NYJ. The Jets will then select Cutler at 1.07.
1.03 -- Jets take Leinart1.04 -- Titans take Cutler

1.07 -- Oakland takes Vince
WMD, I believe you are correct with a trade at #2 with Leinart going there, but I have a feeling...a STRONG gut that if VY is there at 3, the Titans take him. Here is how I see the organization (IMHO):Chow likes Leinart

Fisher likes Cutler, but favors Young

Reese likes Leinart, then Young

Adams loves all three, but, sadly, ranks them according to who he can get the best deal from (in this case, he can really work over the inexperienced Vince Young agents)

Users who are viewing this thread