What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vivian Maier - One of the great street photographers of the 20th cent (1 Viewer)

I have two of the coffee table books with her work, but haven't cracked them open yet. Amazing stuff. Interesting backstory.

Going to a gallery show next weekend.

Stumbled on this interesting article: The Curious Case of Vivian Maier's Copyright

Cliff notes: She died with no will and no known relatives. And for the guys who "own" her pictures (the prints & negatives discovered in storage lockers), owning them does not carry the copyright to reproduce & sell them. Illinois might claim that the copyright belongs to the state.

:thumbup:

Thanks. Really enjoyed going through her portfolio. Lady had quite an eye
I read one of the coffee table books recently. One page showed a contact sheet... the original 12 negatives from a roll she had shot sometime in the 60s.

It hurt, it was so good. All 12 images, perfect. None of the same subject, just 12 pictures taken during a walk over the course of a day, shoot it once, then move on. All 12 from just the "right" angle showing off her great eye. Perfectly composed and exposed.

I can barely get one good B&W shot in a month. Hers were damn near perfect with amazing consistency. Just one roll and every frame a keeper. She had crazy good skills.

Users who are viewing this thread