What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

VY first wonderlic test (1 Viewer)

DonnyT33

Footballguy
Since this all seems to have started at PFT and most realize its all now very true here is the latest from PFT on the VY testing...seems the first test as scored again with the right answers and Vince got one more correct for a SEVEN now..oh my

VINCE TACKLES WONDERLIC ISSUE

Nearly a week after notching, as we've heard, a seven and a 16 in two tries at the Wonderlic test, ESPN reports that Texas quarterback Vince Young describes the reports as "disrespectful."

"It hurts a little bit," Young said of the reports, "and I think it's very disrespectful. But it's cool, it's cool. I know what I can do, and I'm going to continue doing what I'm doing.

"A rumor is a rumor to me, it's just like high school, they say you kissed some girl, but you really didn't, so that's how I feel about it."

But in this case, Vince kissed the girl. The question is whether is was a peck on the cheek or whether they played lip lacrosse.

Young took the test. Twice. The scores are what they are.

It was leaked to NFL personnel at the combine that he got a six. Then it was reported (by his own agent) that he took the test again the next day and got a 16. We've heard most recently that the first test was re-scored, and that he actually got a seven.

The more troubling issue, to us, are reports that his agent, Major Adams, did nothing to prepare Young for the Wonderlic.

"People are going to try to bring him down between the Rose Bowl and the draft day," Adams said on Friday, according to ESPN. "They will try to take shots at him, and he hasn't done anything wrong, so we just take it with a grain of salt."

But if Adams hadn't taken with a grain of salt the Wonderlic itself, Vince might not be having to try to explain away the reports of his low scores.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scoring his test correctly improved his score by almost 17%.

No wonder he felt he was disrespected.

P.S. It was interesting that he never said was his score was, in the news story.

Waitaminute... re-scoring his original test took it from a 6 to a 7. With 50 questions, wouldn't this only be an improvement of 2%?

Waitaminute... re-scoring his original test took it from a 6 to a 7. With 50 questions, wouldn't this only be an improvement of 2%?
Thank you.I was doing some quick math in my head and something didn't sound right with that 17%

6 out of 50 = 12%

7 out of 50 = 14%

Retaking the test improved his score 18%, but give a guy a couple days to prep after having seen these questions and I would certainly hope he can improve. I bet I could improve 9 points if I got to retake the LSAT after 3 days having seen the questions once already and knowing which ones I missed.

Of course I still think he can play football. Knowing how to read a book isn't the same as knowing how to read a defense.

Thank you.I was doing some quick math in my head and something didn't sound right with that 17%

6 out of 50 = 12%

7 out of 50 = 14%

Retaking the test improved his score 18%, but give a guy a couple days to prep after having seen these questions and I would certainly hope he can improve. I bet I could improve 9 points if I got to retake the LSAT after 3 days having seen the questions once already and knowing which ones I missed.

Of course I still think he can play football. Knowing how to read a book isn't the same as knowing how to read a defense.
Now we can see why V.Young had problems with this test. :rolleyes: What's the 9 month of the year?

Because maybe math is not your strong point.

Further info/opinion from PFT.

POSTED 11:43 a.m. EST; UPDATED 12:21 p.m. EST, March 5, 2006VINCE'S TEST SCORE YANKEDA league source tells us that the full report of the Wonderlic scores generated at the scouting combine contains one glaring omission. There's no number listed for Texas quarterback Vince Young.We've also been told by multiple sources that Young did not score a 16 when he took the test on Sunday. This development creates a major problem for agent Major Adams, who told The Houston Chronicle that Young got 16 of 50 questions correct in his second try at the intelligence exam. One league insider is under the impression that Young got a six the first time around, and only a seven on his second try. We have yet to confirm this specific fact. From our perspective, we don't care what Young scored on the test. Despite the fun we've had with the information this week, Vince seems like a smart, relatively articulate guy, and his performance and abilities on the field are obvious.
If the NFL reports nothing at all to the teams regarding Young's test score or scores, I'm not sure how the teams could trust their reporting of other scores.

at this point i'm waiting for vince young to retake it in TO's driveway

Users who are viewing this thread