What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wacky Gut Feeling... (1 Viewer)

Wacky Gut Feelings...- Willis McGahee honks will be greatly disappointed as he suffers the usual setbacks and tenativeness that come during the first season back from a total knee reconstruction.- DeShaun Foster honks will see that their boy is a tenative, tiptoeing running back who is best suited for 3rd down duties.- Kellen Winslow Jr. will dominate as a rookie.- Marc Bulger will disappoint as the Rams don't make the playoffs.- Duce Staley will outperform his draft position. Ditto Curtis Martin.- Edgerrin James will place in the Top 3 among RBs for touchdowns.- Tony Gonzales' stress fracture in his foot will require surgery, linger into the regular season and hamper his effectiveness if not downright shelve him. (Wonder if he did this playing basketball?)- Dallas will rue not even trying to upgrade it's quarterbacking situation over the off-season (Teste and Henson are not impacts for a playoff worthy team)- Eric Moulds will underperform his current draft status. That said, Buffalo will contend for the playoffs.- Jamal Lewis won't be impacted in any way by his trial, will never serve a day in jail, and will have another banner year in Baltimore.- Jim Haslett gets the short haircut in New Orleans as does Wanny in Miami.- Denny Green gets Coach of the Year.Cheers! ;) ;) :banned:

Not all that wacky...After some spot duty, Tatum Bell gets the nod by Week 4 and never looks back. 1,700 total yards and 12-14 TDs by season's end. ;) Pretty wacky...Rex Grossman blows up in the new Bear's system. He, Booker and Thomas Jones all sniff top ten production in their respective positions. :yes: Really 'freakin' wacky...Oh my, am I really saying this??? OK, here goes: The Quincy Carter, that's right, Quincy Carter-led Dallas Cowboys win the NFC Championship. :banned: ....Oooohhh, I have to sit down after that one, maybe even have a snack. ;)

I have a wacky gut feeling that somebody's wacky gut feeling will turn out being right, and that guy will toot his own horn all season. :HellToup:

1) Oakland's offense is more similar (not as good though) to their 2002 version, than their 2003 version, as K. Collins put up top 10 QB numbers.2) T. Rattay plays the full-season at SF and puts up top 12 QB numbers.3) B. Favre misses much of the season with an injury4) C. Dillon is a top 10 RB5) Brady is NOT a top 10 QB6) Detroit's offense starts to gel at mid-season, and Harrington, Rogers and Jones all out play their ADP to help many win Fantasy Championships7) McCown steadily improves, and will be a desirable QB at the end of the season; ending the season at #13. 8) Ahman Green and Jamal Lewis will play worse than their ADP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this thread! Great stuff.Anyway, my wacky prediction is that David Carr is a stud this year and the Houston Texans make the playoffs as a wild card.And no, I am not a Houston fan. Hell, never even been in Texas. I do own Andre Johnson, though.

I have a wacky gut feeling that somebody's wacky gut feeling will turn out being right, and that guy will toot his own horn all season. :HellToup:
Thank you. HONK.Just getting these in early since I already took some flak for saying good things about Ron Dayne.

Just to bump this thread.Kevin Dyson becomes a top 35 WR, stays healthy and gets close to 1000 yards receiving. Few TDs hurt his stock.

Only 4 of the 2002 playoff teams made it to the playoffs in 2003? Is that a correct stat? And I think the Super Bowl competitors both missed the playoffs. I was hospitalized for all of last December, so maybe it was all a drug-induced dream.I'm not bold enough to pick 8 teams to fall off and not make the playoffs, but I will pick 2 teams coming up, and two going down.Jags and Cards(!) make the playoffs.Chiefs and Panthers do not make the playoffs.Titans and Rams have a very good chance to not be as good as they usually are this year. I don't know if they get bad enough to fall out of the playoffs though.Seattle, Philly, and the Packers win their divisions. Not making a pick in the NFC South. One of the magazines had the Panthers at 9-7, and the others all at 8-8. Cards take one WC, and Vikings and Rams vie for the other wildcard. Maybe Vikings and Packers switch in the division/ wildcard positions here.Broncos, Ravens, Colts and Pats win their divisions. Jags take one WC. The other WC is a toss up. Phins? Titans?Popular surprise teams that I just don't believe in: Redskins, Lions, Bengals, Raiders. Have fun blowing my predictions up!

I have a feeling that one of the big six backs (Priest, Tomlinson, Green, Alexander, Portis, and McAllister) will suffer a fairly serious injury by week 10....maybe even the preseason. I have a feeling it'll be McAllister. Write it down.Also, Clinton Portis, if healthy, breaks a record this year. It may be rushing yards, total yards, or TD's. :unsure:

My gut feeling says that Jerry Porter will emerge the #1 WR in Oakland and get between 800-950 yards receivingArrggh...damn you Jayhawk :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
My gut feeling says that Joey Porter will emerge the #1 WR in Oakland and get between 800-950 yards receiving
My gut says Joey Porter will have an excellent year too.Probably a top 20 LB type year.Jerry Porter may also do well. ;)

Here's a longshot... Tony Gonzalez never makes it back 100% for the season, Johnnie Morton reaps the benefits and gets his last 1,000 yard season of his career. It could happen.

In order of plausibility:1) For the fourth year in a row, the Eagles lose in the NFC Championship game. (Sorry Woodrow.)2) My beloved Cincinnati Bengals take a baby step backwards this year as Carson Palmer has first year jitters. Finishes the season either 7-9 or 6-10. (Ravens win division again as the only NFC Central participant in the playoffs.)3) American Idol winner Fantasia Barrino sings the National Anthem at a Carolina Panthers playoff game (peppered with her trademark "yeah, yeah, yeahs!). FOX uses the opportunity to promote the new AI season, scheduled to start immediately after the Super Bowl.BTW, AI finalist John Stevens sings the National Anthem at a Buffalo Bills game in December. Unfortunately, the network breaks away for one of those Mike Ditka's "Get in the Game" commercials. :cry: ('course it doesn't help that the game is on CBS. :hot: )4) Speaking of American Idol, AI finalist Matt Rogers ends up in the FOX broadcast booth during a pre-season game in a semi-audition. He doesn't land a spot in the booth during the regular season, but he become a regular on FOX Sports Net Sunday Morning football show.5) Out of a job, Deion Sanders attempts another comeback...in baseball. He signs still another minor league contract with the Cincinnati Reds for the 2005 season.6) Despite Palmer's first season jitters, he still finishes the season as a better fantasy QB than Byron Leftwich.7) Eli Manning sees very limited play this year, and Ben Rothenwhateveryoucallhim (which is embarrassing, since I live 'bout 40 miles from where he went to college) carries a clipboard all year.8) New England will flirt with the perfect season this year, before losing on Week 11 to KC on MNF. They again lose the following week...to Baltimore.9) AFC championship...NE over Baltimore in the week 12 rematch NFC championship...Dallas :shock: over Philadelphia. Super Bowl....NE over Dallas...not even close.

I have a lot of interesting thoughts about the 2004 season. But the one biggest gut instinct I have is that the Jaguars are going to be a surprise team this year.Getting a full pre-season as the #1 Qb for Leftwhich should do a world of good for him and I think the Jax offense is gonna hum this year. I like the looks of how their defense is shaping up as well.I'm not saying they are going to be this year's Panther's, but then again, it wouldn't surprise me either.
Wholeheartedly agree. Leftwich is the man and there are very few defenses I'd rather have than Jacksonville.

Wacky ok here's wacky, People will be talking about how the Boller to Taylor combo is one of the best in the NFL as Boller's sophomore outing nets him 25 td's.

Everytime I hear about Tice endorsing Bennett this season, I get more and more confident it will be Onterrio.
I feel as you do, it will most likely be Onterrio Smith......no wait, I think it will definately be Michael Benntt.......on second thought it has to be Moe Williams........errr...is there another RB on the team? Say Larry or Curly? :rotflmao:

Cards win a playoff game in 2004A top 10 RB suffers early season-ending injuryTatum Bell or Kevin Jones ROY

8) Bengals take another step and enter the playoffs as a wildcard. (BAL wins the division... I'm going for "wacky" here, not "stupid"),
I second this!The Bengals will have their first winning season over the last 10 years!

Michael Bennett emerges as the #1 back in Minny and thus a #1 RB in FF and most importantly will make me regret trading him.That offensive line is awesome and everything Tice is saying seems to indicate that Bennett will be their featured guy.
...which is why I think Bennett will not emerge as the #1 back in Minn.Dude, did you learn nothing from last year. Tice is getting to be almost as bad as Skeletor. :rant:
-- Vikings RB Plans --Tue Jun 29, 2004 --from FFMastermind.comFFMastermind.com senior fantasy writer and Vikings Update correspondent John Holler reports current plan is to have RB Michael Bennett run the ball 15-18 times a game, with RB Onterrio Smith spelling him for approximately one drive per half and getting eight to 10 carries a game. RB Moe Williams will remain the third-down and short-yardage back and will likely get five to eight carries a game. Waiting in the wings is rookie RB Mewelde Moore, who has already signed and is expected to be used in spot duty as both a rusher and receiver. If the projections hold up, the Vikings plan to run 30 times or more per game. Whether that holds up is yet to be seen, but, while other teams are fearing the Vikings offense because of the ability to put up huge numbers offensively, don't be fooled. The Vikes will prefer to play smashmouth ball and drive the football down the opponent's throat in the running game -- then go deep to WR Randy Moss to burn them for a quick seven points.

15 times a gameX16 game seasonX 4.5 ypc (conservative estimate with that speed and that line)= 1,080. That would have been top-15 rush yardage last season.Colin

Brady gets injured during the sesaon and the Patsies don't make the playoffs.Phins make the playoffs but not because of Williams but because of Feeley.Freddie Mitchell becomes the number 2 WR in Philly and has a respectable year thanks to the defenses focusing more on TO and Westbrook and him finally learning the Philly system. Carolina doesn't make the playoffs and Davis is injured yet again.William Green finally becomes the guy for the Brownies but Suggs sees some action too. Maddox barely cracks the fantasy top 15 in QBs.Dayne steals some TDs from Tiki but not much in yards.Collins cracks the top 12 in FF QBs and Doug Gabriel is the guy you wish you heard of before your FF draft. Seattle wins the NFC conference.It is hard to differentiate the TEs this year more than any other. Roy Williams outperforms Charles Rogers.Booker flirts with top 15 WR status. Dom Davis gets hurt and Hollings replaces him without missing a beat.

I have a gut feeling that my favourite player (Torry Holt) is a big fantasy disappointment this season.I can't stop myself from drafting him though.

I didn't know whether to start another thread on this but here is my gut feeling...you guys tell me how wacky it is.Peyton Manning and the Colts take another step forward. I'm thinking their D may be strong enough to win the AFC championship and take the Superbowl. Manning has a Favre like season and goes near the end of the 1st Round in next years Fantasy drafts.Manning 4500 yards 39 TDsHarrison 14 TDsWayne 7 TDsClark 6 TDsJames 3 TDs RecI don't know how the rest of the team will pick up the final 9 TDs but there it is.

The Vikings dominate during playoffs but lose tragically in the superbowl.The Lions enjoy a playoff birth while Kevin Jones is rookie of the year and Charles Rogers misses more games then not.Rudi Johnson is a top 5 running back and the best offensive player on the Bengals, Chad Johnson struggles all year and complains more then Keyshawn.The Colts barely make the playoffs and lose early due to an injured Marvin Harrison.The Giants score more then anyother team in the NFL.

- Rams finish below .500.-Titans sweep the Colts, wins the division.-Marty Booker has 90+ catches to lead the Bears to 8 wins.-Morten Anderson leads fanatsy Kickers but has no attempts outside of 40 yards.-Josh McCown will finish as a top 10 QB, but will only win 4 games.-Ricky Williams has more rushing attempts than Kyle Boller has passing attempts.Super Bowl prediction: Chiefs 34, Seahawks 31

Breakout player >>>>>>> Ron DayneFirst RB to replace current starter >>>>>>> Chris PerryComeback Player >>>>>>> Keyshawn JohnsonPlayoff Team >>>>>>>> Detroit Lionsgood topic if everyone would stay on it. many of these don't look wacky enough.

6) Despite Palmer's first season jitters, he still finishes the season as a better fantasy QB than Byron Leftwich.
Even people taking stupid pills wouldn't be stupid enough to predict that one. :crazy: Lord Byron finishes in Top 10 this year...maybe as high as #7 which may be a tad high but not as high as you were picking Palmer to do better than Leftwich. :loco:

Thomas Jones will be a legitimate stud.Philip Rivers will have a better rookie year than Peyton Manning did.The Bengals and Colts will both have two 1,000-yard WRs (Warrick and Wayne).Quentin Griffin will keep the starting job all year in Denver.David Boston will be the Dolphins' leading receiver.Justin Fargas will rush for over 1,000 yards (5.0+ YPC).Najeh Davenport will have three 100+ yard games filling in for a dinged Ahman Green.

Denver's much vaunted running game takes a nose dive, and so does the team behind a typical Jake Plummer interception filled season.Conversely, I agree with those who's gut says TJ Duckett steps up into the limelight.~Bang

Thomas Jones will be a legitimate stud.Philip Rivers will have a better rookie year than Peyton Manning did.The Bengals and Colts will both have two 1,000-yard WRs (Warrick and Wayne).Quentin Griffin will keep the starting job all year in Denver.David Boston will be the Dolphins' leading receiver.Justin Fargas will rush for over 1,000 yards (5.0+ YPC).Najeh Davenport will have three 100+ yard games filling in for a dinged Ahman Green.
Very interesting. I would not count out a lot of what you said. THough I would have guessed Najeh had his season last year. Maybe I was off by a year ...

i dont know how wacky this is but,Richie Anderson will outscore Julius Jones in pt/rec leagues
:no: Not Wacky at all, actually I'd put this in the "likely" column.

Users who are viewing this thread