What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wacky Gut Feeling... (1 Viewer)

FFCardsFan

Footballguy
Everybody has atleast one, whose the player/team taht you think will do good that it seems like noone else in the world likes?I may get alot of crap for this, but for some reason i see the NY Football Giants having a fairly solid year. And in NO way am i a Giants fan as you can tell by name, actualy I hate the Giants but I just see Tiki Barber having a very solid year and leading the Giants to a decent year, not great but decent. Maybe like a 9-7 year...Just my gut speaking...

For me it's not a gut feeling. I get the feeling in my left teste, and then a name just pops into my head. Kinda weird I know, but it said 'Kurt Warner' the year Trent Green went down with his injury. Another year, my left teste was telling me 'Mike Anderson, pick Mike Anderson...' before any of us had a clue the guy would go off for 1500 yards.This year is the weirdest. I'm really excited too, because there's a lot more going on down there than just a feeling in my left teste. I've been feeling this for days. It's growing, spreading, and I'm feeling it more strongly than ever. It's almost like the whole area is on fire this year, and it's got me scratching like crazy. I just KNOW this player is gonna be GREAT! Ok, ok, I know you are dying to know who this guy is, and I'm puzzled too. I gotta figure this out, because I've looked on all the rosters and don't see the name anywhere. I'm thinking this guy must be a real darkhorse who won't even show up until training camp. The name that keeps popping into my head is 'Tinactin.'Anybody hear of him? Let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a lot of interesting thoughts about the 2004 season. But the one biggest gut instinct I have is that the Jaguars are going to be a surprise team this year.Getting a full pre-season as the #1 Qb for Leftwhich should do a world of good for him and I think the Jax offense is gonna hum this year. I like the looks of how their defense is shaping up as well.I'm not saying they are going to be this year's Panther's, but then again, it wouldn't surprise me either.

I seem to have a burning man-love going for Trent Green - so much so that I have to keep cutting the numbers I come up with for him - 4,400 yds & 40+ TDs.

Michael Bennett emerges as the #1 back in Minny and thus a #1 RB in FF and most importantly will make me regret trading him.That offensive line is awesome and everything Tice is saying seems to indicate that Bennett will be their featured guy.

Michael Bennett emerges as the #1 back in Minny and thus a #1 RB in FF and most importantly will make me regret trading him.That offensive line is awesome and everything Tice is saying seems to indicate that Bennett will be their featured guy.
...which is why I think Bennett will not emerge as the #1 back in Minn.Dude, did you learn nothing from last year. Tice is getting to be almost as bad as Skeletor. :rant:

That the Dallas Cowboys take another step forward and win the division over the much talked about and overrated Philadelphia Eagles.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Michael Bennett emerges as the #1 back in Minny  and thus a #1 RB in FF and most importantly will make me regret trading him.That offensive line is awesome and everything Tice is saying seems to indicate that Bennett will be their featured guy.
...which is why I think Bennett will not emerge as the #1 back in Minn.Dude, did you learn nothing from last year. Tice is getting to be almost as bad as Skeletor. :rant:
This would be an excellent Poll question. I actually think Tice is worse than Skeletor.

That Eric Moulds will follow his historic pattern and have a big year...thereby making Drew Bledsoe draftable in the late rounds.
:thumbup: Buffalo will be good on both sides of the ball. They will win their division! :eek:

biggest gut instinct I have is that the Jaguars are going to be a surprise team this year.
I've been saying that since Feb. I predict a wild-card team.As I said elsewhere, I have a weird hunch that Owens will not be a big malcontent distraction for the Eagles.And it might not be "wacky" or much of a stretch, but I have very little doubt that it's either Philly or Vikes representing the NFC in the SB this year.

Lions make the playoffs. Browns have the #1 pick next year. Midway through the season, Kellen Winslow declares that he is a #### ing innkeeper.

Everybody has atleast one, whose the player/team taht you think will do good that it seems like noone else in the world likes?I may get alot of crap for this, but for some reason i see the NY Football Giants having a fairly solid year. And in NO way am i a Giants fan as you can tell by name, actualy I hate the Giants but I just see Tiki Barber having a very solid year and leading the Giants to a decent year, not great but decent. Maybe like a 9-7 year...Just my gut speaking...
I don't think the Giants are going to do very well.I predict Ron Dayne will become a decent (not great) rb and take carries away from Barber.

The Stud's Gut Feelings:(1) **** Vermeil goes 4 consecutive weeks without weeping on camera.(2) Madden has a heart attack during a Monday Night Game(3) The Lions go win 7-8 games(4) The Vikings win the NFC North(5) Colin D. does one too many 2005 NFL mock drafts and has a mental break down and winds up in a long-term psych facility, spending his days in the art room painting goat figurines.

:thumbup: Everytime I hear about Tice endorsing Bennett this season, I get more and more confident it will be Onterrio.

I don't think the Giants are going to do very well.I predict Ron Dayne will become a decent (not great) rb and take carries away from Barber.
Please put the bong down, you've had enough.

The Browns will make the playoffs, like 2002. Their defense will be top 5 in the AFC for points allowed like in 2002.Their offensive line will be much improved because of fewer injuries, which will allow the Browns to rush for 2,000 yards as a team.

IDP4ME's Top 10 Most Wacky (yet suprisingly accurate) NFL 2004 predictions:10) Seattle wins the Superbowl,9) Arizona goes 8-8 as Shipp gets 1100 yards and Fitz pulls in 60+ catches as a rook,8) Bengals take another step and enter the playoffs as a wildcard. (BAL wins the division... I'm going for "wacky" here, not "stupid"),7) Fred Taylor remains healthy all year AGAIN,6) Rashaun Woods is a colossal bust,5) Kellan Winslow is in camp ON TIME,4) Warner keeps the job in NY all year,3) Vick avoids injury and finally becomes the QB everyone says he should be,2) The Vikings implode AGAIN,And finally, as the most wacky unbelievable (yet surprisingly accurate) hunch I have:1) Miami wins 3+ games in December to make the playoffs just in time to save Wanny's job!

2) The Vikings implode AGAIN,
Hardly wacky. As a Viking fan I can attest that every year (for the past 25 years) the Vikings have imploded at some point during the season...I would be shucked if they did not implode.

Donte Stallworth stay healthy all year and becomes a top 15 WR. Tommy Maddox keeps starting job and is a top 10 QB.Fitz only plays as an avg WR (like 25-35 range) his rookie year but Boldin still is the Pro-Bowl WR in AZ and the one to get on your fantasy team if you had to choose between the 2 of them.Tiki Barber fumbles at least 5 times this year (OK that's a given and a joke I realize).Dave Wanstadt finally gets canned!Refs blow another call costing Cleveland a victory at home. Plastic bottles thrown on field.Kordell starts against the Steelers and gets knocked out of the game w/ concussion.

im a huge cowboys fan, but i see just the opposite happening iwannabeacowboy...this squad played way over their heads last year and rode the parcells hype to a wildcard birth. this year reality (aka Quincy Carter) not to mention the schedule will catch up with them to the tune of 7-9.

Joey H - top 10 QB
Nurse,Get the Jazzman some Haldol Stat!!!!! Chase it with some old fashion Thorazine!
I dunno, last year at this time if someone said the same thing about Kitna, you'd prolly have the same response, and he finished 10th in my league scoring. And if I told you he'd do that without Corey Dillon most of the year, you'd prolly have me locked up immediately. That's the beauty (and pain) of the NFL these days, it can be very unpredictable!At any rate, I'm all over the Jaguars bandwagon, and Dallas is the overrated squad in the NFC East and won't make the playoffs. :thumbup:

Suggs gets injured before the season starts and is out for the year. Green tears it up and is a 2nd round pick next year. :thumbup:

Tiki Barber has a real good year and is just about the only thing that goes right for the Giants. Warner commits many turnovers, Manning shows he is not ready, Dayne is a flop again, and the defense gets steamrollered.Clinton Portis scores 20 TD's. The Redskins rush defense gets steamrollered.Donte Stallworth hurts his hamstrings and barely plays.Tyrone Calico drops a lot of passes. Darrell Jackson and Koren Robinson don't.Rudi Johnson quietly becomes a very good RB.Dominic Rhodes had more shoulder problems.Kordell Stewart fills in for Kyle Boller at some point, and does awful. Brad Johnson is Tampa's QB all year, has a good year, and gets blamed for Tampa finishing at or below .500.

Probably not that big of a stretch... but the Colts in the Superbowl this year... Edge has BIG year...

He asked for wacky, I am making a wacky prediction. <Inhaling one more before putting the bong done>

He asked for wacky, I am making a wacky prediction. <Inhaling one more before putting the bong done>
There's wacky and then there's certified lunatic...I think we know which category pro-Ron Dayne falls into. :P

I think the a solid team this year will be the Vikes. they willl have the best O of the league and a solid developing D...look out :D

Jags go to the playoffs.Justin Gage becomes a solid WR2.Clinton Portis makes a run at the single-season record.Hey, one of them might end up being right...

Koren Robinson -- top 5 WR.DDavis -- worth his early 2nd round draft pickJamal Lewis -- closer to 12th best RB than 1st.Marcus Robinson -- Flourishes opposite Moss (900 8 tds)CMart -- last year in the tank, cracks 1200 with Chad at the helm.Mark Brunell - throws no more than 16 TDs.

More likely than whacky:Musa Smith has a stellar season as the Ravens RB 1, and any and all references to Jamal Lewis 'taking it to the house', will have the word (big) inserted in the appropriate place, and will surround what he is, and isn't, allowed to bring with him to his cell in the Federal Pen...If this issue was between him and the local or state authorities, it might be different, but GDB screwing with the Feds. This is a MUCH more serious situation than anyone wants to believe right now, IMHO. I think he's doing time, and even if he doesn't, that this'll go far enough that the League gets involved in some way, and it costs him some early season playing time at the very least.Slightly whacky, but at least plausible:A team nowhere near the west coast announces they are moving to LA. Shortly thereafter, the NFL Owners are going to come to their senses and rename the divisions after 'Legends of the Game' and scrap this silly regional nonsense for once and for all...Truly whacky, and accompanied by a herd of swine sprouting wings and taking flight:Daniel Snyder takes a complete backseat to the Joe Gibbs Program, stays out of the limelight and keeps his nose, and opinion, out of where it doesn't belong: the locker room and the game of football. Instead, he focuses on something he's actually reputed to know something about: Public Relations. He stops extorting the longtime faithful by offering reasonably priced concessions and parking, develops a working traffic pattern for entrance and exit, and opens all areas of the stadium for every fan to share. National television takes note of how he walks through the stands mingling with the common folk, seeking insight on how to make the fan experience at Redskins Stadium so great that long time season ticket holders, who'd given up hope that the glory days might ever exist again, actually begin attending the games, instead of selling their tickets to greatseats.com, because it's less aggravating than actually attending a game. The sports bars around the Capital Beltway empty as legions of screaming warriors descend on Landover, clamoring to gain access to a coveted seat. We actually regain the homefield advantage when the Eagles and Cowboys come into town, and their fans that DO show up learn their place, and the brutal consequences associated with acting in a manner inappropriate of a visitor we extend the priviledge of observing their team's bloody carnage on the field of battle. :D :rant: :angry:

Lions barely miss the playoffsKansas City's Defense is much improved Rex Grossman = bustEli Manning = does pretty well, but the NY media eats him alive after throwing 5 INTs in one gameDrew Henson starts 4-6 games for the Cowboys and puts up better stats than Eli ManningChiefs beat Indy in the AFC championship gameIndy actually punts against KCMN / Seattle NFC Championship gameChiefs beat Seahawks in the Super BowlTyrone Calico gets half as many TDs as catches (ok, not really, but you get the point)Brett Favre misses a game, week 4 (just because that's C-pep's bye)TJ Duckett puts up about 1200 yards and 16 TDs

Users who are viewing this thread