What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver strategy (1 Viewer)

$559 for Eddie Royal?!?! What the....
Anyone think this is still a crazy number for Royal given his performance over the past 2 weeks???

He is on the waiver wire as I sit here watching the Week 2 games...what kind of bids should I be thinking about if I wanted to snag Royal?

in 2 of my leagues Julius Thomas was not drafted, he went for 999 in one, and 800s in the other. I am not sure if the guy who bid 999 understands he can literally only pickup one more player for $1 the rest of the season.

I took Winslow down for like $240 in one league, in another league he went for $350+ish, and i even drafted him in the 20th in another as a flyer TE3. Edelman was drafted in every league I did, so can't comment there. Some leagues the Ravens Marlon went for 200-400, others he went for like 80.

Realistically, with 20 man rosters, you are only going to pickup 3 or 4 "difference makers" throughout the season. With the PPR, WRs who end up the season with like 60 catches for 800 yards can give you a few good starts in a pinch.

So going back to the teams who spent 900$+ on Julius Thomas, just hope you play them later in the season when bye weeks and injuries have piled up and you're playing a skeleton starting lineup.

EddieSpaghetti said:
Anyone think this is still a crazy number for Royal given his performance over the past 2 weeks???

He is on the waiver wire as I sit here watching the Week 2 games...what kind of bids should I be thinking about if I wanted to snag Royal?
Royal went for $26 to my opponent last week, but thankfully he is riding his bench.

So a WR with 5 TD in the first two games, someone out there with only 2 or 3 viable WRs is going to drop $500 to $700 on him easy. Now if you take down Eddie Royal for 50% to 70% of your budget, you're going to have enough money to get 1 or maybe 2 "contested" free agents the rest of the way (guys who go for $200+). There are still plenty of cheap guys that can be picked up that are dice rolls, especially on the Friday waiver.

If you miss out on Royal, you're hoping to grab some hot RB pickup for an injured guy (like James Starks? or whoever backs up the next big RB to get banged up)

Lastly make sure you understand the rules of the waiver wire, with the Primary bid and contigents. Sometimes "hot waiver pickup players" go for cheaper than they should.. for example last week the guy who bid Julius Thomas for $800 and Marlon for $200 might have had the high bid for both, but only one could be his "primary", so Marlon might have went for $100 to another owner who didnt bid on Thomas, or checked the magic box.

EddieSpaghetti said:

Royal went for $26 to my opponent last week, but thankfully he is riding his bench.

So a WR with 5 TD in the first two games, someone out there with only 2 or 3 viable WRs is going to drop $500 to $700 on him easy. Now if you take down Eddie Royal for 50% to 70% of your budget, you're going to have enough money to get 1 or maybe 2 "contested" free agents the rest of the way (guys who go for $200+). There are still plenty of cheap guys that can be picked up that are dice rolls, especially on the Friday waiver.

If you miss out on Royal, you're hoping to grab some hot RB pickup for an injured guy (like James Starks? or whoever backs up the next big RB to get banged up)

Lastly make sure you understand the rules of the waiver wire, with the Primary bid and contigents. Sometimes "hot waiver pickup players" go for cheaper than they should.. for example last week the guy who bid Julius Thomas for $800 and Marlon for $200 might have had the high bid for both, but only one could be his "primary", so Marlon might have went for $100 to another owner who didnt bid on Thomas, or checked the magic box.
All true. And i stil think $559 for Eddie Royal is insane. Its Eddie Royal people.

Although, maybe this is bizarro world this year in fantasy and im the insane one.

pretty true. but you are not going to pick up 3 or 4 difference makers. even a good pickup like hartline last year can bagel you.

Users who are viewing this thread