What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Pickups - Heading into Week 10 (1 Viewer)

Didn't see a thread created for week 10. If there's already one, i'm happy to delete this one.

Anyway with 4 teams on BYE (BAL, CIN, NE, NYJ) & some notable injuries as of late there's some potential for "decent" waiver adds this week.

QB's:
Fields - if he's out there, GET HIM!
D. Jones - could be a decent bye week fill in v. HOU
D. Watson - now might be the time to stash if you have the room (if he wasn't added already)

RB's:
Jeff Wilson - similar to Fields, if he's out there, get him!
Allgeier - even with CPatt back he tallied almost 100yds
J. Warren - RB stash as I have little faith in Naji
Eli Mitchell - FBG seem to like him as a cuff to CMC, but I'm not 100% sold

WR's:
kind of bobbing for apples here. If someone dropped Pickens due to the bye/ slow week prior to, he'd be a priority add
Josh Palmer - who else is Herbert gonna throw to??
DPJ - could have a decent floor in PPR, but not sure I trust any CLE pass catcher not named Cooper until Watson is at the helm
KC WR's - Hardman/ Toney/ etc... either could net you 20pts or a donut.

TE's:
Dulcich if still out there
Kmet - 3TD's in 2 weeks.... you could do worse

DST streamers:
DAL (if dropped for the bye)
TEN v. DEN
NYG v. HOU
ARI @ LAR

I'm sure there's more and others to cut, but this is all I got at the moment.

Cheers all!

OBJ sweepstakes Week if you think he’s worth a spot (surgery was 8 months ago)

Raheem Blackshear

Cole Kmet / Juwan Johnson if you need a TE streamer

Titans are not widely held

Last edited:
Not firing much this week, attempting to chuck Eno back for Wilson in one league and Pickens in another, more to keep away in the latter case

If you've got space, might be time to grab OBJ.
I’d love to but MFL doesn’t have him listed as a free agent
That is most likely due to an individual league setting, as he is available (and mostly rostered) in the majority of my leagues on MFL.

I am guessing that in your settings, the option to display NFL Free Agents on Fantasy Free Agent Lists is set to "No". You can check this under the Reports - Rules - League Settings page, under the Other League Settings header.

That is most likely due to an individual league setting, as he is available (and mostly rostered) in the majority of my leagues on MFL.

I am guessing that in your settings, the option to display NFL Free Agents on Fantasy Free Agent Lists is set to "No". You can check this under the Reports - Rules - League Settings page, under the Other League Settings header.
It says “Yes” and other free agents are listed.

I did a search on the site and found him. Weird, when I searched the full list of FAs he wasn’t listed.

ROS Question for PPR - Courtland Sutton or George Pickens? Both are currently on the WW.
I had to drop them for last week's Bye apocalypse.

For those with Lamar or Burrow on bye and did not plan ahead, who are you targeting this week as a 1 week spot start?

Brady vs Sea (in Munich)
D Jones vs Hou
Jimmy G vs LAC

Jones and Jimmy are probably a toss up and the safer picks, Brady the wild card. Haven't the Europe games all been pretty high scoring so far this season? Despite the momentum after beating the Rams and the change in scenery playing in Munich it is still hard to trust the Bucs to score.

PJ Walker vs Atl (wk 8 was great but TNF)
Brissett vs Mia (should be playing catch up against a soft Mia D)

Looking to pick up 2-3 players in week 10. Two open bench spots dropping Likely at TE (have Freiermuth) and TB D (have DAL back for ROS).

Priority pick ups
J Wilson (if successful he could start in a Flex spot this week) Gonna take a decent FAB bid.
Pickens (next best WR)
Jones (with Tua on a bye week 11) Jones gets HOU in week 10 and DET in week 11

Dulcich (just because he's hot lol)

Have Gibson < J Wilson
Have G Wilson = Pickens

I really don't want to drop A Gibson or G Wilson to attain the above. Would you drop a Gibson or a G Wilson first. G Wilson on a bye and no one will be looking to add him right away. I'm pretty solid at both RB and WR. G Wilson is very talented and the JETS on the rise. Zach can only improve, right. I could wait another week to grab a QB bye week 11 fill in for Tua, but Jones, Goff likely gone if I don't go after someone now.
If unsuccessful bid then it's a moot point.

For those with Lamar or Burrow on bye and did not plan ahead, who are you targeting this week as a 1 week spot start?

Brady vs Sea (in Munich)
D Jones vs Hou
Jimmy G vs LAC

Jones and Jimmy are probably a toss up and the safer picks, Brady the wild card. Haven't the Europe games all been pretty high scoring so far this season? Despite the momentum after beating the Rams and the change in scenery playing in Munich it is still hard to trust the Bucs to score.

Small lean to Jimmy G or Brissett. I try to avoid the European games. Seattle’s D has played pretty well lately, and Brady isn’t throwing much over 10 yards with any accuracy.

Brady vs Sea (in Munich)
D Jones vs Hou
Jimmy G vs LAC

Why is Brady a wild card? He's been terrible for 9 of 10 games. I take the risk with Jones because of how well he can run.

I have $1 Blind Bid left for free agency pickup this week. Minimum bid is $1. Targeting both Watson and OBJ because I think I can catch the rest of the league with their pants down on both of these guys, except maybe one guy...I'd like more depth, especially at QB. But OBJ is just too good to pass up as well.

Who would you pickup of the two...QBs are Cousins and Stafford, WRs are Higgins, DJ Moore, Diggs, Evans, DHop.

Whichever guy I hopefully get, I may still be able to get the other guy the next AM during FCFS Waivers for free...

Last edited:
I have $1 Blind Bid left for free agency pickup this week. Minimum bid is $1. Targeting both Watson and OBJ because I think I can catch the rest of the league with their pants down on both of these guys, except maybe one guy...I'd like more depth, especially at QB. But OBJ is just too good to pass up as well.

Who would you pickup of the two...QBs are Cousins and Stafford, WRs are Higgins, DJ Moore, Diggs, Evans, DHop.

Whichever guy I hopefully get, I may still be able to get the other guy the next AM during FCFS Waivers for free...
Watson. OBJ is washed.

Got exactly what I wanted this week.

Jeff Wilson in one league.
Jeff Wilson and C Pickens in another league.

Building more solid bench with Flex appeal, bye week plays, and even more upside.

Strong consideration to play Jeff Wilson over D'Andre Swift in the Flex.

Starting Jeff Wilson in the Flex and considering Pickens or C Samuel for a WR #2 play this week.

Last edited:
Got exactly what I wanted this week.

Jeff Wilson in one league.
Jeff Wilson and C Pickens in another league.

Building more solid bench with Flex appeal, bye week plays, and even more upside.

Strong consideration to play Jeff Wilson over D'Andre Swift in the Flex.

Starting Jeff Wilson in the Flex and considering Pickens or C Samuel for a WR #2 play this week.
When Swift is healthy again, he will be a RB1. He could be healthy this week. Of course, he may not ever be healthy and may not stay healthy for long.

Wilson vs Mostert seems like a 50/50 time share and I could start either of them confidently. That O is humming.

Probably should have looked up stats before i posted. Bad bad weeks from elliot and butker last week on my mind.

I had Elliott last week, was furious he missed that FGA as well.

Butker has been a great IRL K but (to my middle aged memory) just middle of the pack FF wise. FF Kickers need a) lots of FGAs, so you want an offense that breaks down as they near the red zone, and b) lots of 40-50+ attempts. Good offenses and competent coaches tend to not opt for long FGs.

Koo + Arthur Smith are a good combo. Young has a great leg, and his coach is a Debbie Downer who only thinks about all the bad things that might happen. We need more dumb (in game, for all I know he’s whip smart) HCs who think they can win in today’s league 3 points at a time.

Koo + Arthur Smith are a good combo. Young has a great leg, and his coach is a Debbie Downer who only thinks about all the bad things that might happen. We need more dumb (in game, for all I know he’s whip smart) HCs who think they can win in today’s league 3 points at a time.
Not much is talked about this. Analytics has changed the FGs a lot IMO. It seems like teams are going on 4th down more, before they would take the sure points. Not only do you have to cap the Kickers, you have to cap whether a coach is conservative and settle.

Not much is talked about this. Analytics has changed the FGs a lot IMO. It seems like teams are going on 4th down more, before they would take the sure points. Not only do you have to cap the Kickers, you have to cap whether a coach is conservative and settle.
Good point. A good barometer would probably be how nice a coach's lawn is - the nicer it is, the more likely he would want people off it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread