What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Pickups - Heading into Week 13 (1 Viewer)

Faust

MVP
QB Jordan Love
QB Mike White

RB Zonovan Knight (dependant upon the injury news for Michael Carter)
RB Darrell Henderson (dependant upon the injury news for Travis Etienne)
RB JaMycal Hasty (dependant upon the injury news for Travis Etienne)

WR Richie James
WR Van Jefferson
WR Ben Skowronek

These WR pickups are desperation moves for deeper leagues but injuries for the Giants and the Rams have changed the depth charts making these guys starters in less than desirable offensive systems

TE Trey McBride

If Mike Williams is out for extended time again, DeAndre Carter has quietly put together 50+ yard games in 3 of his last 4 with 2 TDs. 29% ownership so for those that are desperate, you could do worse.

RB Jordan Mason?

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said Elijah Mitchell (knee) is expected to miss 6-8 weeks.​

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said Christian McCaffrey is day to day with "knee irritation."​

McCaffrey dealt with the knee issue last week, though it never forced him to leave the game. He totaled 15 touches while splitting work with Elijah Mitchell, who is now out for the remainder of the regular season with a knee injury. McCaffrey appears on track to play in Week 13, but his workload could be kept in check. If he does wind up splitting work, it will be worth Jordan Mason. The UDFA from Georgia Tech has yet to make an impact as a rookie, but he is in line for the No. 2 role now. Mason should be rostered in all fantasy formats.

I need a WR with upside over Sutton or DPJ -- REALLY lucky I won this week, but still not in the playoffs --

Right now it looks like either D. Carter or Zay Jones as best available options.

Price is the guy to grab over Mason IMO. In week 2 when Mitchell was out, Price out-touched mason 14-0. I'll be grabbing both, and have major doubts about CMC staying healthy (day to day with the knee irritation--def not good). One of them could be a league winner in weeks 15-17. In terms of priority (assuming warren is already rostered in most leagues):

Knight (was mixing in before Carter's high ankle sprain)
Price
Mason

Price is the guy to grab over Mason IMO. In week 2 when Mitchell was out, Price out-touched mason 14-0. I'll be grabbing both, and have major doubts about CMC staying healthy (day to day with the knee irritation--def not good). One of them could be a league winner in weeks 15-17. In terms of priority (assuming warren is already rostered in most leagues):

Price
Mason

If Warren is out, gotta think Snell is #2 after Knight. Maybe #1 with a matchup against ATL.

Right now it looks like either D. Carter or Zay Jones as best available options.
Agree on Zay. Kirk is the #1 guy for Trevor, but not by a ton.

YTD stats:

Kirk: 56-725-7, 91 targets
Jones: 58-561-1, 79 targets

So Jones actually has a few more catches on just 12 fewer targets. Pretty big gap in yards and TDs, but I expect Trevor will be airing it out quite a bit to support both.

Price
Mason

If Warren is out, gotta think Snell is #2 after Knight. Maybe #1 with a matchup against ATL.
I'd rather stash the SF guys and we know what Snell is, but if warren is out this week, he's definitely the #2 guy to grab

I need a WR with upside over Sutton or DPJ -- REALLY lucky I won this week, but still not in the playoffs --

As long as Jeudy is out, Sutton should continue to receive targets but Zay certainly has a much higher ceiling. DPJ May have more targets and upside with Watson as QB. That is a question. Tough to know what Watson will do in that O.

Agree on Zay. Kirk is the #1 guy for Trevor, but not by a ton.

YTD stats:

Kirk: 56-725-7, 91 targets
Jones: 58-561-1, 79 targets

So Jones actually has a few more catches on just 12 fewer targets. Pretty big gap in yards and TDs, but I expect Trevor will be airing it out quite a bit to support both.
Zay's playoff schedule is not great, but next 2 opponents are 28th & 31st vs. WRs.

Elijah Moore is available in my league. Only 2 catches but both long ones, one for a TD. Maybe the new QB actually sees him on the field.

Price
Mason
I gotta ask, who is price? I'm typing the name in and no one from SF is popping up.

Price
Mason
I gotta ask, who is price? I'm typing the name in and no one from SF is popping up.

Tyrion Davis-Price

Price
Mason

Tyrion Davis-Price
Weird it didn't come up on Sleeper when I typed in price. Typed in Davis and there he is.

@Hot Sauce Guy
@Wingnut

Is Price or Mason the pickup this week?
I'd go Price.

Mason will be a breather back, as CMC seems relatively ok.

Agree, and I'll be surprised if Mason gets more than a handful of touches. Cmc and TDP will get most of the work, IMO, unless Cmc is limited because of the knee.
I think a much more likely scenario will be Deebo Samuel getting 10 to 15 carries if CMC is limited.

Last edited:
@Hot Sauce Guy
@Wingnut

Is Price or Mason the pickup this week?
I'd go Price.

Mason will be a breather back, as CMC seems relatively ok.

Agree, and I'll be surprised if Mason gets more than a handful of touches. Cmc and TDP will get most of the work, IMO, unless Cmc is limited because of the knee.
I think I’m much more likely scenario will be Deebo Samuel getting 10 to 15 carries if CMC is limited.
he's nursing an injury himself. I highly doubt it

Elijah Moore is available in my league. Only 2 catches but both long ones, one for a TD. Maybe the new QB actually sees him on the field.
Definitely has more promise with White and worth a speculative pickup if you have room, but keep it's unclear whether he's truly worked his way out the doghouse. Usage isn't quite there yet - his snap count on Sunday (35%) was still low - much lower than Corey Davis (68%). With the commitment to the run game, Davis will be on the field a lot given that he's an excellent downfield blocker.

So is Tevin Coleman in play?

The Athletic's Matt Barrows believes Tevin Coleman could play a big role in the 49ers backfield with Elijah Mitchell out.​

"Never underestimate Shanahan’s fondness for veteran Tevin Coleman" is the direct quote. Coleman had a 8/23/1 rushing line and a 3/44/1 receiving line in Week 5 against the Panthers and could be elevated off the practice squad. Jordan Mason took backup snaps on Sunday in part because Coleman wasn't elevated and Tyrion Davis-Price was a healthy scratch. It's possible that the 49ers only bring up one of those players for Week 13 -- it's also possible both have a role if Christian McCaffrey's knee discomfort is more than it seems. Coleman is worth a waiver wire claim in deeper leagues.

I don't like the SF situation at all to be honest until we see what Shanny does.

Thoughts on Michael Gallup?

Seems healthier now and looked pretty good on Thanksgiving Day. The downside is that Dak doesn't need to throw the ball a lot with the effective run game and defense, plus Lamb assuredly will remain the alpha in the passing game. But the Cowboys do have a lot of money tied up in Gallup and we know that Jerry likes to make sure the ball often goes where the money is (read: Zeke).

Thoughts on Melvin Gordon being added to KC's practice squad? worth a stash or nothing to see?

He was dropped in multiple leagues I'm in once he got cut by DEN.

As long as Jeudy is out, Sutton should continue to receive targets but Zay certainly has a much higher ceiling. DPJ May have more targets and upside with Watson as QB. That is a question. Tough to know what Watson will do in that O.
Sutton (and Russel) have been my biggest disapointment this year. Injuries dont count.

I would certainly rather have van jefferson than any LAR wide receivers but if I was really really desperate I would take a shot at tutu atwell over Skorwonek, Atwell has the ability to change the game with 1 play whereas I dont think Skorwonek does... Againn I am talking super super deep.

So is Tevin Coleman in play?

The Athletic's Matt Barrows believes Tevin Coleman could play a big role in the 49ers backfield with Elijah Mitchell out.​

"Never underestimate Shanahan’s fondness for veteran Tevin Coleman" is the direct quote. Coleman had a 8/23/1 rushing line and a 3/44/1 receiving line in Week 5 against the Panthers and could be elevated off the practice squad. Jordan Mason took backup snaps on Sunday in part because Coleman wasn't elevated and Tyrion Davis-Price was a healthy scratch. It's possible that the 49ers only bring up one of those players for Week 13 -- it's also possible both have a role if Christian McCaffrey's knee discomfort is more than it seems. Coleman is worth a waiver wire claim in deeper leagues.

I don't like the SF situation at all to be honest until we see what Shanny does.
I forgot about him

🤦‍♂️

I will be taking part in a ritualized séance tonight. It is very particular and includes a Mike Anderson voodoo doll and Olandis Gary hair follicles.

I hope to emerge from it enlightened with the proper priority settings for SF waiver RBs.
Be sure to post results

if you are platooning/streaming team Defenses, Tennessee and Minnesota seem to be lining up nicely the rest of the season.

i know sometimes at this point of the season, teams will add a second defense looking forward to the playoffs.

I will be taking part in a ritualized séance tonight. It is very particular and includes a Mike Anderson voodoo doll and Olandis Gary hair follicles.

I hope to emerge from it enlightened with the proper priority settings for SF waiver RBs.
I came back for the results...

Users who are viewing this thread