What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Pickups - Heading into Week 15 (1 Viewer)

Chris Moore from HOU if Cooks/Nico are out again.

Desmond Ritter is starting, and must be a better passer than Mariota.

If you're still alive, presumably your starting who you got but if you squeaked in and are looking for a miracle:

Chris Moore - Bad team, lots of volume 5% owned on sleeper

Marquise Goodwin - DK and Lockett usually dominate the targets but played from behind Sunday and he got 5-95. Again 5% owned and TNF against the Niners.

Josh Reynolds - Lions have been cooking w St Brown and Chark. At least 4 targets in 3 of last 4 games. 11% owned.

All are not reliable and definitely considered desperation plays but there is upside for points in all of them.

Scrambling at RB with Ken Walker iffy and Pierce out for a week or more. Should have grabbed Dobbins when I had the chance but my roster is a total mess.
Dobbins> Ogunbowale> Hubbard> Burkhead

Scrambling at RB with Ken Walker iffy and Pierce out for a week or more. Should have grabbed Dobbins when I had the chance but my roster is a total mess.
Dobbins> Ogunbowale> Hubbard> Burkhead
Similar situation with Walker. Only other RB on my roster is JCook, who crapped the bed last week. Question I'm pondering is whether anyone on the WW is a better start than him. Best options available are:
  • Akers
  • Burkhead/Ogunbawale
  • Mack (last man standing in Denver backfield)
  • One of the Pats options (including Damian Harris)
  • Allgeier
Kind of leaning toward sticking with Cook; I'm an underdog and I think I'd rather invest in the upside, which none of those other guys have

Other question is WDID: Burks or Pickens? I'm pretty set at WR with Diggs, Watson and GWilson, but if there's an injury I need to keep at least one in reserve. Burks has higher upside but who knows how long he'll be out?

Pick a rams wr you like? My upside dart throw is TuTu Atwell.....partly because I am a Louisville homerand part because Mayfield seemed to really like him....oh and he can break a long one unlike alot of other dart throws.

Thoughts on Jameson Williams weeks 16-17?
In redraft you could do worse. In dynasty it isn't a question because he is already rostered.
I stashed Jameson a couple weeks ago hoping to maybe start him at the flex week 16 or 17.... week 1 back 1 target...was hoping for more week 2 back... While he scored this week it was on a broken play...... need to see more than 2 touches before I would think about starting him.

In redraft you could do worse. In dynasty it isn't a question because he is already rostered.
I stashed Jameson a couple weeks ago hoping to maybe start him at the flex week 16 or 17.... week 1 back 1 target...was hoping for more week 2 back... While he scored this week it was on a broken play...... need to see more than 2 touches before I would think about starting him.

this is not the week, we'll have to see how things play out - he's really nothing but a what the heck flex hoping he hits a 9 route

wrt the TD, my first reaction was busted coverage

but listening to Jamo, Goff, et al, after it was exactly the coverage they were looking for - they knew the deep safety wouldn't go with him

outcome looks bad but it was the defensive scheme - Vikings have 8 guys within 6 yards of the line of scrimmage, #3 (RCB) stays in zone, the S in the middle is a sitting duck - but they're rushing 5 and don't expect Goff to have time to setup

it was a lousy / broken scheme but it's something Detroit scouted and knew they could exploit

love how LG Jonah Jackson pulls out like he's going to lead Jamaal but after the play fake he's got outside contain responsibility - that's the kind of next level stuff OC Ben Johnson cooks up all the time

seems like some good defensive matchups out there
  • Cardinals @ DEN - either side seems like a good play, both will be playing backup QBs
  • Saints v ATL - New Orleans offense is very limited/dysfunctional but their defense has been solid; hasn't translated to a good FF week yet but they are fundamentally a good defensive team, and facing a rookie QB
  • Browns v BAL - are you sensing a theme here? Huntley in the protocol, not sure if it'll be Anthony Brown or Brett Hundley
those three are all 25% owned or less and I think have a pretty good floor for the first round of the playoffs

Big Swing.

Playoffs is when you should swing big.
Yeah, I'm still pissed I dropped C. Watson after drafting him -- Guy who picked up Watson drafted Williams and dropped him last week ---so.....:boxing:

:lmao:

I’m gonna have a hard time making pickups this week & beyond bc I blew 100% of my remaining FAAB on Christian after the Cowboys game

Might tinker with my DST or K but the team is what it is at this point - we have about 225 players rostered or in IR spots so not much meat on the bone anyways

Jamo was my 18th rounder and currently my WR6 - might bust him out if I advance

Jets have three talented CBs, Sauce is a shutdown but dang Reed (RCB) and Carter (slot) are pretty good as well

feels like a game that will be won by controlling the LOS and I expect a lot of 12/13 personnel from Detroit

this is not the week, we'll have to see how things play out - he's really nothing but a what the heck flex hoping he hits a 9 route

wrt the TD, my first reaction was busted coverage

but listening to Jamo, Goff, et al, after it was exactly the coverage they were looking for - they knew the deep safety wouldn't go with him

outcome looks bad but it was the defensive scheme - Vikings have 8 guys within 6 yards of the line of scrimmage, #3 (RCB) stays in zone, the S in the middle is a sitting duck - but they're rushing 5 and don't expect Goff to have time to setup

it was a lousy / broken scheme but it's something Detroit scouted and knew they could exploit

love how LG Jonah Jackson pulls out like he's going to lead Jamaal but after the play fake he's got outside contain responsibility - that's the kind of next level stuff OC Ben Johnson cooks up all the time
Interesting spoiler. Goes to show you football is much more complex than I can ever hope to comprehend.

Richie James has quietly put up 3 flex worthy games out of his last 4. He is in concussion protocol so may not even play but is someone to keep an eye on.

wkopprecydsavgtdtgtppr pts
11Det34816.013000013.8
12@Dal5418.216000015.1
13Wsh3206.70300005.0
14Phi7618.719000019.1

Richie James has quietly put up 3 flex worthy games out of his last 4. He is in concussion protocol so may not even play but is someone to keep an eye on.

wkopprecydsavgtdtgtppr pts
11Det34816.013000013.8
12@Dal5418.216000015.1
13Wsh3206.70300005.0
14Phi7618.719000019.1
I’d almost agree but my gut tells me I’d rather pick up Isaiah Hodgins over James if I was taking a Giant not named Slayton.

Picked up Hubbard for Homer, Okonkow for Conklin.
Picked up Z Knight for Mostert, T Burks for a late Hilton add and drop lol.

Surprised Z Knight lasted so long. I admit I thought M Carter would make it a 3-4 RBBC for the JETS. Knight looks to start as my RB #2 and certainly Flex this week against my Lions.

Another surprise watch is J Driskel HOU - QB. TE. Perhaps better than T Hill hmm TE and get QB work. Just elevated from practice squad.

I did just enough to get a bye this week so are there any good stashes for week 16/17?
With RBs going down left and right, I might consider looking for any decent handcuffs out there that could vault into a big workload if the starter got injured. Even lesser known guys like Keaontay Ingram, Josh Kelley, etc.

Driskol Hou - apparently in Yahoo leagues he is TE eligible
Was able to grab him off waivers to keep him away from rest of playoff teams in our Yahoo league. Have Kelce but if Driskel starts at QB I may have to start him.
Isn’t it kind of weird that Yahoo does that. Is it that they are so outdated they can’t keep up? It always seems like the rest of the fantasy world is up to date and Yahoo sticks with the position the guy played on his pee wee football team.

Rashid Shaheed - WR - Saints

Usage leaped up to 74% in their week 13 gamainst TB....36 snaps, topped only by Olave with 41 snaps. Lead the team with 75 receiving yards, and has +50 in their last two games. Gets the Falcons and Browns in the next two weeks. Explosive, with high upside/low floor. Bonus if your league awards return yardage.

Here's one I wonder about. When NO is eliminated from playoffs - do they keep playing Dalton (prob not)? Do they go back to Winston (why)? Or does Hill become a league winner playing QB and eligible for TE?

I think they should start Hill at that point. Which means priority bench stash.

Was able to grab him off waivers to keep him away from rest of playoff teams in our Yahoo league. Have Kelce but if Driskel starts at QB I may have to start him.
Isn’t it kind of weird that Yahoo does that. Is it that they are so outdated they can’t keep up? It always seems like the rest of the fantasy world is up to date and Yahoo sticks with the position the guy played on his pee wee football team.

He's TE eligible at ESPN also.

He’s listed as a QB on my espn league.

He’s listed as a QB on my espn league.

Huh, ok, he was listed as QB/TE on Monday. They must have changed it.

Here's one I wonder about. When NO is eliminated from playoffs - do they keep playing Dalton (prob not)? Do they go back to Winston (why)? Or does Hill become a league winner playing QB and eligible for TE?

He's my starting TE for this reason.

It would be the smart play, so it won't happen. This lost season is the perfect time to find out once and for all if Hill can be an actual QB in this league. I'd love to see it happen, but nothing that Allen has done to this point tells me he'll do it. I think there's a better chance he starts at FS than at QB the way this season has gone.

Rashid Shaheed - WR - Saints

Usage leaped up to 74% in their week 13 gamainst TB....36 snaps, topped only by Olave with 41 snaps. Lead the team with 75 receiving yards, and has +50 in their last two games. Gets the Falcons and Browns in the next two weeks. Explosive, with high upside/low floor. Bonus if your league awards return yardage.
He's also a great rah-rah type, one of the few Saints players not sleepwalking through the season. It's going to be tough for the Saints to sit him for a hump like Tre'Quan.

Back in Week 6 he ran a jet sweep 44 yards for a TD on his first touch of his career.

Next week he caught a 53 yard post between two defenders for his second TD on his second touch.

He reached 21.13 mph on that catch (Olave had a 21.17 mph play.)

Naturally, Pete Carmichael managed to get him the ball 7 times in the next 5 games.

If you saw the Bucs game Week 13, he had 170 all purpose yards. Every time he touched the ball I was thinking “this guy is the fastest player out there and 2nd place isn’t close.”

I’m sure his skill set is not very refined, there’s probably legitimate reasons he only starting getting significant WR 3 weeks ago. But man he is dynamic.

Why would they start Hill? I think they have determined that he’s not their long term answer either.

Great out-of-box thinking and certainly worth the lotto ticket if it happens.

Great out-of-box thinking and certainly worth the lotto ticket if it happens.

Aw, I see you are falling for the ole rational coaching model fallacy.

Dennis Allen - who I am sure is a fine DC and will continue to be employed in the NFL for a long time - said a few weeks back that he won't start Jameson this year. I don't know what the logic is of painting yourself into that corner, but remember, this is a HC who thinks punting on 4th and short for "field position" is solid in game management.

As for Pete Carmichael (the OC we should be scapegoating for this disaster) has been using Ingram like he's Kamara and AK41 like he's Mark Ingram. I'm resigned to the fact that with a washed up 32 year no longer at his disposal, that idiot will probably give David Johnson a significant role this week. Two weeks ago with the season on the line, crucial 3rd and 2, he dialed up a Marquez Callaway slant.

Is somebody holding his family hostage? There has to be a logical reason he's been shaving points all year.

Users who are viewing this thread