What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Pickups - Heading into Week 16 (1 Viewer)

Faust

MVP
QB Brock Purdy if he is still available and the waiver wire is thin at QB
QB Jordan Love - purely as a speculative stash because the Packers are 7 point favourites tonight and should win this game; however, if Baker Mayfield can somehow manage to conjure up some Christmas magic to pull off the upset win - it could result in a look at Jordan Love to close out a lost season.

RB Zack Moss
RB Deon Jackson
RB Chuba Hubbard
RB Tyler Allgeier
RB Jordan Mason
RB Jaylen Warren
RB Royce Freeman (desperation pickup only)

WR Chris Moore
WR Rashid Shaheed

Anyone else?

Marlon Mack.

I picked him up last week then dropped him before the week started. Clearly change of pace back to Lat Murray but has had back to back double digit games. If the WW is bare, he'll probably still be there.

Gardner Minshew could be an option with the breaking news on Jalen Hurts:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Jalen Hurts (shoulder) "is uncertain to play" on Saturday against the Cowboys.

On the plus side is the deep talent of offensive weapons at Minshew’s disposal - balanced against the negative counterpoint of facing the Cowboys defense.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Jalen Hurts (shoulder) "is uncertain to play" on Saturday against the Cowboys.

On the plus side is the deep talent of offensive weapons at Minshew’s disposal - balanced against the negative counterpoint of facing the Cowboys defense.
Starting Minshew with confidence

My options are

watson
fields
goff

and i'm mulling this too

My options are

watson
fields
goff

and i'm mulling this too
You have Fields you play Fields

My options are

watson
fields
goff

and i'm mulling this too
Why?

My options are

watson
fields
goff

and i'm mulling this too
Why?
Watson lining up as a snow game right now and he stinks

Possible snow game, Bills D, 10 degree weather in Chicago and he has no WR

Goff... hes on my mind but feel like thats a lower total game

Minshew is going to be throwing

My options are

watson
fields
goff

and i'm mulling this too
Why?

No snow in CHI forecast, its just gonna be COLD. Fields gets his points from running and said hes looking forward to breaking the QB rushing yards record. Plus Dallas is worse against the run than pass. Fields is a top 5 no brainer QB this week. Stop overthinking this.

My options are

watson
fields
goff

and i'm mulling this too
Why?

People often put way too much stock in potential weather events. People were benching Jaylen Waddle for Chris Moore last week because of weather concerns.

Generally speaking the only weather to be concerned about is wind and then only when it gets around 20mph with stronger gusts.

This week I tentatively agree about Watson because the weather is calling for 26mph winds (plus fog and wind chill of -9 F)

Fields is facing 18mph winds (cloudy and -11 F wind chill), it is definitely worth monitoring but, as it stands now those conditions, IMO, are not worth benching one of the top fantasy QBs. No one will bench Allen in those conditions so why bench Fields whose game is not built on high volume passing? You could argue that Fields gets a bump if they have to pass less.

The problem with Goff isn't weather, it's being on the road. He's not nearly as productive on the road as he is at home. However with the way the Lions are playing as a whole he is still a strong fall back option if you decide at the last minute to bench Fields.

Minshew, first of all may not be starting and even if he is he is facing a very tough defense. Even after a terrible loss last week to the Jags they are still #3 in pass yardage, #2 in sacks, #1 in takeaways & #7 in scoring. He has excellent supporting talent but, IMO, he's a push with Goff at best.

The Chargers seem to have a terrible rush defense. Moss is so tempting here but it also feels like a trap.

Since week 10 the Chargers have given up (PPR) 15 to McCaffrey, 17 to Conner, 18 to Jacobs & 20 to Henry but they essentially stymied the Chiefs & Dolphins too. I think the Indy running game with Moss & Jackson seems to comp to those latter two games more than the four good games.

I
Brett Rypien
I was leaning towards this, but saw that Wilson is cleared and will start Sunday:

That's so ****ed. Best the offense has looked all year and they go back to Russ when they're 4-10?!
Think they have $124m reasons to get him out there. Rypien has no future as a starter in Denver.

Think they have $124m reasons to get him out there. Rypien has no future as a starter in Denver.
Ya probably not, but why not let Russ get healthy and reset. Maybe can get a trade partner for Brett if he has the offense playing like that again.

Ya probably not, but why not let Russ get healthy and reset. Maybe can get a trade partner for Brett if he has the offense playing like that again.
I get why that could make sense but if you get Rypien playing well when you have a $124m QB on the books for 3 more years, it's not going to end well. If Russ is close to healthy, he's playing. If anything to try to get the bad taste of the season gone.

It has been awhile since I made a playoff run with a late season waiver wire "league winner". I usually spend all my FAAB early or miss the playoffs.

My Watch List has the following guys:

Dawson Knox (15 targets, 10 rec, 140 yds, 2 tds, 35 pts last 2 weeks)
Marlon Mack (16 pts ppr last week, out touched 25:9 by Lat Murray, does anyone really trust Denver)
Moss/Jackson (good luck guessing who will win the split each week)
KJ Osborn (14.8 pts ppr wk 14, 33 pts last week, still behind JJ, Thielen & tMullet?)
Chig Okonkwo (3 wks 10+ ppr pts, Titans are trash and I already have Henry)
Marquise Goodwin (put up 20+ pts twice already, should see a boost in targets with Lockett out)

Would any of these guys fit the profile of "league winner" getting hot at the right time or are they all dart throw hopes and prayers to replace an injury?

Knox and Goodwin are the two that catch my eye the most. I haven't really followed the Bills though so not sure if his recent scoring was situational or a trend. I also have K9 so never really considered a Seahawks pass catcher.

Currently I have bids in for Gano (fill in for Folk), and a slew of DST, Jax, Det, Cle (Dal & KC are already on roster but looking shaky this week). As you can see I have prioritized DST/K match ups over adding a waiver wire darling. I don't really need any of the guys listed above or even think I would start any of them this week, but if one of them is a no brainer that I am just overlooking due to tunnel vision I can adjust.

* I only have $3 FAAB left, going against $0, $30, and $60

Just noticed Mecole Hardman is available. Been on IR since week 9, Andy Reid said he could play this weekend. He put up 4 solid weeks and 28 & 20 pts before heading to IR.

I am thinking I should try to grab at least one of Knox, Johnson, Goodwin, or Shaheed.

Any crystal balls on who will lead us to the promised land?
Of that list only Goodwin has a reliable role, and precedent for confidence in him. And a 5-star FF matchup against a weak Chiefs secondary in what should be a shootout.

Juwan, Shaheed. Knox all maddeningly inconsistent.

Also not for nuthin, Goodwin in nice weather.

Wasn't as active as I thought. Managed to get Goodwin, Moss and Deon. Securing a 3rd RB group was needed. I only had Henry and Chubb/Hunt. If they got hurt this week, I'd be screwed on the champ game if I somehow made it through.

Chris Moore vs Titan weak pass defense, especially if both Collins and Cooks are out.
I thought he disappointed last week. Didn’t watch the game but had 9 targets.
He'll definitely get volume but the quality of his targets, with those QBs and the lack of help opposite, is highly suspect.
I found out the hard way. I played his yards over 47.5 big last week and was on 42 early, only to end there.

My options are

watson
fields
goff

and i'm mulling this too
Why?

No snow in CHI forecast, its just gonna be COLD. Fields gets his points from running and said hes looking forward to breaking the QB rushing yards record. Plus Dallas is worse against the run than pass. Fields is a top 5 no brainer QB this week. Stop overthinking this.
Dallas plays Philly

My options are

watson
fields
goff

and i'm mulling this too
Why?

Dallas plays Philly
Yeah and? Did you read the earlier posts?

My options are

watson
fields
goff

and i'm mulling this too

My ww picks this week were K Turpin, G Igwebuike, R Freeman and P Strong really deep league with very slim pickens

Please take this with a massive grain of salt as it is "unofficial." I do not know what that means or how it affects the usage of the players, but here is an article. Deon Jackson is listed first. Again, what that means is up in the air.

Please take this with a massive grain of salt as it is "unofficial." I do not know what that means or how it affects the usage of the players, but here is an article. Deon Jackson is listed first. Again, what that means is up in the air.

I also noticed Matt Ryan was listed ahead of Nick Foles. Yep, a grain of salt. And the Chargers backfield of Jackson and Moss doesn't really matter who gets the official start. Moss may get a few more carries, who knows, right? Neither are considered solid plays this week. Moss could cash in or be middle of the road. D Jackson could easily get a TD and 50 yards. I picked up Moss and he's still my RB #5 and will sit this week. I'm just gonna watch the game and root for Dicker the kicker in one league over Bass this week. Not in any particular order cuz the whole landscapes shifts and it is tough to pick. At least I have options (Chubb, Swift, Mostert, Knight, Moss). Moss replaced Pierce.

Users who are viewing this thread