What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Warm Chocolate Chip Cookie vs. Warm Brownie (1 Viewer)

Which is superior to eat while shortly out of the oven, still warm, and fresh?

• Chocolate Chip Cookie

Votes: 91 79.8%
  • Brownie

Votes: 23 20.2%

• Total voters

Al O'Pecia

Footballguy
My wife and I really got into it last night over this all important, life changing topic.  It may lead to a divorce.  Which way do you lean on the poll question?

Last edited by a moderator:
Brownie. However, if I had eat one of each and could only eat one warm, then I'd eat the choc chip cookie when it's warm to maximize the overall satisfaction. I'm not a fan of chocolate chip cookies unless they are right out of the oven. After too much time, it's just nothing special. A brownie is still good much later.

Neither.  Love crunchy (burnt) Cookies.  Will put soft cookies in the freezer if too soft.  I am odd.

Went brownie cause they are usually better than CCC.  Agree that warm CCC is way better than cold CCC whereas warm brownie is a little better than cold. 

As long as there are no raisins involved to ruin things, I'm good with either. 

Went brownie cause they are usually better than CCC.  Agree that warm CCC is way better than cold CCC whereas warm brownie is a little better than cold. 

As long as there are no raisins involved to ruin things, I'm good with either. 
I like raisins, but raisins need to understand their territory.  They're delicious in oatmeal & raisin cookies, but they don't belong anywhere near chocolate chip cookies, brownies, or stuffing.  Please, people, stop ruining perfectly good Thanksgiving stuffing with raisins.

Voted Cookie.

I prefer the consistency of a warm CCC over a warm brownie.  The straight-outta-the-oven brownie is too gooey/slimy.  For brownies, I prefer a cooled, chewier brownie.  I like the corners and edges.

However, I will say that a cooled (or room temp) brownie that has been microwaved and topped with vanilla ice cream is very enjoyable.

I went CCC here because I went on the item alone and nothing is better then fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.  However if you took the brownie, added vanilla ice cream and  hot fudge my vote could change.  Both need a big ### glass of milk.

Went with cookie, but wouldn't turn either one down.

Also, I much prefer an under-cooked cookie where the middle is super-soft.

Hell, I've been known to eating raw cookie dough.  I know it's dangerous, but I like to live on the edge.

Cast iron skillet chocolate chip cookie a la mode is the obvious holy union of these two juggernauts.

Both very enjoyable, assuming no walnuts. I voted cookie, with the aroma that fills the house as cookies bake giving it the edge.

Voted brownie but because you said warm is the only thing the makes it close.  A standard room temperature brownie destroys a standard room temp cookie.  The fact you needed to add the word warm to pump up the cookie tells you everything you need to know about these desserts.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, chocolate chip cookies are best when either warm or frozen while brownies are best at room temp, so I voted cookie.

I do agree with others here, though, that if there's a scoop of vanilla ice cream involved to go on top, that changes my answer to warm brownie.

I went warm chocolate chip cookies myself.  Just love their taste and smell right out of the oven. With that said--if you are a person that is into both brownies and cookies--you should try slutty brownies.  One of my co-workers baked a batch and brought them into work--and they are truly magical. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=slutty+brownies&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjT1LGc3qDeAhVDMHwKHbeNCwYQ_AUIESgB&biw=1024&bih=672

Voted Cookie.

I prefer the consistency of a warm CCC over a warm brownie.  The straight-outta-the-oven brownie is too gooey/slimy.  For brownies, I prefer a cooled, chewier brownie.  I like the corners and edges.

However, I will say that a cooled (or room temp) brownie that has been microwaved and topped with vanilla ice cream is very enjoyable.
This.

My rankings (if still allowed here)

Warm/fresh CCC

Cold chewy brownie

Warm brownie

Cold cookie

I'm not going to lie, I am completely shocked at the results of this poll.  I would have bet a good chunk of change that it would have been more lopsided the opposite way.

Voted Cookie.

Quoted for truth

Kanil said:
I'm not going to lie, I am completely shocked at the results of this poll.  I would have bet a good chunk of change that it would have been more lopsided the opposite way.
I'm right there with you.  

At first when my wife said that a warm chocolate chip cookie is better than a warm brownie I was like, "Whachu talkin' about, Willis?"

Then when I posted the poll I thought that brownie would win but it would be real close.  I was certainly not expecting this kind of pro-cookie, ###-whooping.

My wife's point was the same point made here by a few commenters -- a brownie is better after it has cooled and is at room temperature, but the chocolate chip cookie is best enjoyed warm out of the oven.

I conceded defeat to her.

I only read half the posts here but my position seems to be pretty common: warm cookie beats warm brownie. But after they've  cooled, brownie beats cookie.

I only read half the posts here but my position seems to be pretty common: warm cookie beats warm brownie. But after they've  cooled, brownie beats cookie.
Agreed though I'd still take a warm brownie over a warm cookie I can see how some would choose a cookie. 

Users who are viewing this thread