What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Was I right to veto this trade (1 Viewer)

VA703

Footballguy
I know, another veto thread. the assistant coach has a bunch of rickies so I want to hear from the sharks.

this is a work-money league. ppr 10 team

the two teams involved:

TEAM A 1-9 (shouldn't be making any trades its too late to save his season)

TEAM B 6-4 is competing for the 4th playoff spot against 3 other 6-4 teams.

TEAM B is giving Tolbert and Dobson for Forte and Demaryius Thomas. I laughed in his face when he came at me with this and I thought he was kidding but I guess he was super serious. after vetoing it he is calling me a cheater for blocking trades because I want to solidify my 1st place spot :cool:

here I am at work today and he wont talk to me :lol: :violin:

I won't get into the definitions of collusion,cheating, giving up, etc. I also won't get into how you run your league. And I won't say what I would have done.

I'll just point out two things

1) your trade deadline is too late, an earlier deadline works to prevent things like this. Even you say, 1-9 shouldn't be making any trades. Well, he can, because the trade deadline is super late

2) most commissioners would have vetoed that trade

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, another veto thread. the assistant coach has a bunch of rickies so I want to hear from the sharks.

this is a work-money league. ppr 10 team

the two teams involved:

TEAM A 1-9 (shouldn't be making any trades its too late to save his season)

TEAM B 6-4 is competing for the 4th playoff spot against 3 other 6-4 teams.

TEAM B is giving Tolbert and Dobson for Forte and Demaryius Thomas. I laughed in his face when he came at me with this and I thought he was kidding but I guess he was super serious. after vetoing it he is calling me a cheater for blocking trades because I want to solidify my 1st place spot :cool:

here I am at work today and he wont talk to me :lol: :violin:
But how can you PROVE that there was collusion involved?

Come on, Team A paid his money so he has every right to throw a tantrum over his poor season and eff all the rest of the teams in the league (except Team B, of course).

I've got a million just like these...

I do like the fact that you laughed in his face. Nice touch. Veto it very, very quickly and kick Team A out of the league for next year. Unless, of course, he's your boss.

Team A knows he has no chance and he just doesn't care, that's his reasoning. he started terrel pryor this week, hes given up

What was Team A's reasoning? If he couldn't make a compelling case for why that trade should be allowed, you can't let that go through.

I generally argue against vetoing trades, and always make the point that it's not your job as commissioner to evaluate the fairness of a deal, but this one is so far removed from reality that it's an easy veto for me.

It's a work league, so (a) you probably have some owners who aren't super serious about fantasy football, and (b) you still have to work with these folks, so make sure you do it diplomatically. But that trade can't stand.

What was Team A's reasoning? If he couldn't make a compelling case for why that trade should be allowed, you can't let that go through.

I generally argue against vetoing trades, and always make the point that it's not your job as commissioner to evaluate the fairness of a deal, but this one is so far removed from reality that it's an easy veto for me.

It's a work league, so (a) you probably have some owners who aren't super serious about fantasy football, and (b) you still have to work with these folks, so make sure you do it diplomatically. But that trade can't stand.
agreed

im just surprised this guys trying to pull this stunt in a work league.. imagine if he got the trade and won how can you feel good about cheating

If he's your subordinate, you should fire him.

If he's your superior, you should quit because he isn't ethical*

* - Unless you're lawyers, then just carry on, but expect a lawsuit...

There is no planet upon which this comes close to equitable, opinions aside. Two turds for two championship winners between a team completely out of it and one right in the thick of the playoff run.

I'd veto this as a commissioner without pause. I feel like giving owner A the chance to back up the logic is a mere formality, there's no chance this is even close to debatably balanced.

It's either collusion or the 1-9 team is being a baby about being 1-9 and is trying to ruin everyone else's fun by sabatoging the league. Back in the day we have a semi-regular board game night with some friends. One of the guys was very immature, a 20-something still living with his mom, and every time it didn't go his way he'd get bored and start doing stupid crap just to mess it up for everybody else.

Either way I think you're justified in vetoing the trade.

Make them explain their rationale. If they cannot boot them immediately, dissolve their teams and have a mid season draft to redistribute the players.

Trades similar to this could maybe fly in an auction/keeper league if the $ was right and "1-9" was getting value keepers for next year.

That being said? Not THIS trade.

Instead of moving the trade deadline, I would instead had the caveat that any team that is eliminated from the playoffs cannot trade.

Instead of moving the trade deadline, I would instead had the caveat that any team that is eliminated from the playoffs cannot trade.
agree.. if your out of the race you cannot trade, its not a keeper or dynasty league so its pointless that late

agreed

im just surprised this guys trying to pull this stunt in a work league.. imagine if he got the trade and won how can you feel good about cheating
cash is always nice

i'd kick both these knuckleheads out of the league for next year.

would rather have 10 guys who wanna play then 2 jabornis who are sketchy

jesus how bad is the rest of his team that he has Forte and D. Thomas that he is 1-9? seems like he could have lucked his way to 2 or 3 more wins...

jesus how bad is the rest of his team that he has Forte and D. Thomas that he is 1-9? seems like he could have lucked his way to 2 or 3 more wins...
good post...

i guess he went forte, then d thomas

and rest of the draft went like so:

round 3:stick of gum

round 4: jake plummer

round 5: barry sanders

round 6: natrone means

Fear The Turtle said:
pizzatyme said:
If you have to ask yourself if it was the right call, then you should NOT have vetoed it.
I don't think he truly ever questioned himself about it. Tip off: he laughed in the dude's face.
Tipoff: Then change the thread title. Otherwise it makes you appear stupid.

Fear The Turtle said:
pizzatyme said:
If you have to ask yourself if it was the right call, then you should NOT have vetoed it.
I don't think he truly ever questioned himself about it. Tip off: he laughed in the dude's face.
Tipoff: Then change the thread title. Otherwise it makes you appear stupid.
you sound like the whiney grump guy I work with. Donald is that you?

Should I veto this trade, one team gave another team his best players in exchange for crap?

WTF is the point of posting this in the Shark Pool?! To say you laughed in his face?

It is a waste of space. Go back to work, Donald needs fries NOW!

Should I veto this trade, one team gave another team his best players in exchange for crap?

WTF is the point of posting this in the Shark Pool?! To say you laughed in his face?

It is a waste of space. Go back to work, Donald needs fries NOW!
waste of space that you continue to post in?

WHY YOU MAD BRO?

go have some pizza and enjoy the forum

Users who are viewing this thread