What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Was it just me or was it SWEET seeing (1 Viewer)

Did you all stay up to see the trophy presentation after the game? There wasn't one? Oh yeah, that's right. Give me a holler when they're presenting a trophy to someone other than Kraft, Belichick and Brady. Because until they do, your team ain't ####.Yes, they looked flat last night, and Brady made some bad decisions. It happens. As a life-long Patriots fan, I love the fact that there actually are threads celebrating the Patriots 2nd loss in 26 attempts.24-2. We suck, it's over. :rolleyes: Bottom line: You wish your team was the Patriots.
Easy Francis. Take it as a compliment. You are the Yankees of the NFL right now.
I like the "easy francis". That's funny, and I mean that in a serious way. You made me laugh out loud.But seriously, I know that when you are the king of the hill, everyone is trying to take your spot. I know. I just hate the trash talk that goes on. Until someone knocks the Patriots out of the playoffs, the Steelers, Colts, Jets, Ravens and Charger fans have nothing to say. And I mean that in a respectful way. I applaud your teams seasons. But ultimately, it'll all mean nothing until someone else has their hands wrapped around the Lombardi.
:confused: :confused: Since when is saying "I'm glad the Pats lost" considered trash talking?

I remember last time Pats fans felt this confident about coming into Pittsburgh and leaving with a win also.
Was there a trophy on the line in that game?Make sure you stretch before you pat yourself on the back again. You could pull something. :D
Who cares? A win is a win. Are you supposed to not feel good about a win if somebody doesn't give you a trophy afterwards?

I remember last time Pats fans felt this confident about coming into Pittsburgh and leaving with a win also.

It's anyone's game no matter what, but if the Steelers are getting points again, I'll gladly take the ML again.
You remember where you were on January 27 2001? :football:
Yes, and I remember where I was on Halloween 2004. I also know where I was the day after....at Best Buy spending the money I won placing a "sucker bet" (Pats fans said so) on the Steelers ML.Thanks to that game, I'll be watching the rematch on my new HDTV. The picture is so vivid, you can actually see Brady bleeding under a pile of black and gold jerseys.
:rotflmao: Why didn't you just use the money from your canceled air fare to New Orleans buy the HDTV?

I can't wait... if Gods a football fan - there will be a Pats-Stellers II this year.

Let me preface my post by saying my favorite team plays in the NFC, so neither the Patriots or the Steelers have my true allegiances. That being said, I think both New England and Pittsburgh are easy teams to root for. Neither has an offensive loudmouth element on it's team. For the most part the players all conduct themselves with class on and off the field. Regarding the Patriots, what's not to like? That team is so unlike any that we've seen in the last 20 years. There are very few egos. The players realize that they win as a team. The Patriots have been able to succeed despite the appearance of not having as much talent as other teams. Seriously, would David Patten scare you if he was on any other team? The Pat's also have a propensity for overcoming injuries. Last season when they lost Colvin everybody thought it would cripple the D. New England instead played better! This season they've taken everyman Troy Brown and simply converted him into a cornerback. How can you not like that? I'm a Belichek fan and I've got a ton of respect for the way that team carries itself and how they go about playing the game. On any other team a guy like Brady might complain about the lack of credit he recieves in comparison to other present NFL QB's. but you won't hear that from him. The only thing I don't like in New England is the owner. Robert Kraft is a tool. He gets way too much credit for the teams success and rarely recognizes the job that Scott Pioli does. Also, somebody need to tell Kraft that the blue shirt with white collar look went out before he won his first SuperBowl.The Steelers are a great reflection of their fans. They like to roll up their sleeves and relish doing the dirty work to win the prize. I don't see how anybody can dislike Cowher. The guy is old school but I'm pretty sure a clown like Keyshawn isn't going to mouth off to Cowher on the sidelines! If he does, Keyshawn likely ends up on IR with a broken jaw. I'm not sure how anybody can say Bettis acts unprofessional. The guy has gracefully stepped aside every time the Steelers have brought in his replacement, yet here we are in 2004 with the Bus still as the centerpiece of the offense. It's somewhat of a miracle considering Bettis had his first down season in 1998 and looked to be a player in decline then, but here he is passing guys on the all-time rushing list every other month! Bettis mouthed off about wanting to be the team that knocks New England from the undefeated ranks ... so what? That's not a lack of professionalism, that's competitive spirit. I'm not going to hold it against him.The Steelers organization has a history of doing things the right way. The Rooney family is pure class. No way anbody can knock this team's front office.It's great to see a rivalry developing between these two football teams and their fans. I'd be happy seeing either of them representing the AFC in the big one.
:goodposting: Even if this does praise the Steelers....

]
Be humble when you're on top. Take a lesson from NE.
With all due respect, you're not exactly being "humble on top"I agree that NE is a slightly better team, but some of your posts border on flat out smack-talk
:thumbup: Yup.
Way to jump on someone else's slam.Did I hurt your feelings when I teased you? :boxing:
Nope - not upset.But you are def. not being "humble."
I was not talking about me or the Steeler fans on these boards being humble. What's the point of these boards if not to trash-talk? Ah, the power of anonimity!I was referring to the Steelers players, who I view as arrogant. I think they could take a lesson from the Pats.
Lets talk about humility.Not in My House....Not today....not in My House....not in our house....whooooooI can't believe the Genius and purveyor of humility let them make that commercial.Lets talk about Class.Was Richard Seymour Head butting Jerome Bettis in the back of the neck Class?.......or is that just part of his game? Was Teddy Brushci Punching Duce Stayley in the hamstring with the intent to injure class?.....or is that part of his game.Duce hasn't been healthy since......are you happy with the result.....was Duce some low life trash talking punk that deserved it?

Last edited by a moderator:
,Dec 22 2004, 10:24 AM]

I agree with everything the Pats fans are saying, and I think the game will be a barnburner between the two best teams in the NFL. Just a couple points of clarification :1) Kordell was never the golden boy that Roethlisberger is now. He made too many mistakes. Sure, folks were on the bandwagon when he was playing well, but I for one never saw him as the future of the franchise at the QB position. he was way too inaccurate. He could hit receivers that were wide open (which happened frequently because the Steelers ran the ball so well, and Kordell was a threat with his feet) - but as soon as they went into sure passing situations, he was awful and forced WAY too many throws. Pats fans who saw the '01 AFC title game know this to be true. :angry: 2) I really don't think there's any animosity between Steelers fans and Pats fans. I am pretty sure both sides respect the other tremendously. It's a simple matter of a lot of fans who think their respective team is the class of the NFL. I know from my standpoint there's no animosity - just some fun trash talk. I don't know Kid Fisto, but his posts have been in good humor; BostonFred and I have been through this before and each know where the other is coming from - it's all in good fun-, and [icon] is quite simply, my motherf--king boy ! :D
:thumbup: Agreed. I think there is a bad apple element on both sides of the fence.... and typically its the guys who are last on the bandwagon that run thier mouths the most. That said, until Indy can prove that they can actually win in the postseason, I think this comes down to one helluva football game between the Steelers and the Patriots. I REALLY hope we get that matchup in the AFC championship, because it would likely turn out to be the best game of the year.
Count me in as one who, as a football fan, would LOVE to see a Pats/Steelers AFC Championship. It was a lot of fun with a LOT of trash talking back in 2001, even if the outcome sucked :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread