What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Was it just me or was it SWEET seeing (1 Viewer)

I mean didn't Tommy Boy learn anything from the week before throwing a ball to NO ONE while he's being sacked?Let's hope he keeps that up......Edited to say it was to someone but was a stupid throw..

Last edited by a moderator:
:yawn: Hats off to the fins but the Patriots have already clinched a playoff berthSomeone remind me the last time the Patriots lost a playoff game under Belichick again :confused:

I had a discussion with a coworker earlier today, what was Brady doing throwing the ball with under a minute to go with the lead? Do we blame Brady, Bellichick or the OC? Who called that play?

,Dec 21 2004, 01:08 PM] :yawn: Hats off to the fins but the Patriots have already clinched a playoff berthSomeone remind me the last time the Patriots lost a playoff game under Belichick again :confused:
Don't try and write that off as the Pats having nothing to play for. With the Steelers facing Baltimore and going to Buffalo in 17, homefield was very much within their grasp.

I had a discussion with a coworker earlier today, what was Brady doing throwing the ball with under a minute to go with the lead? Do we blame Brady, Bellichick or the OC? Who called that play?
Weiss must have been on the phone with a potential Notre Dame recruit when that one was called.

,Dec 21 2004, 01:08 PM] :yawn: Hats off to the fins but the Patriots have already clinched a playoff berthSomeone remind me the last time the Patriots lost a playoff game under Belichick again :confused:
Don't try and write that off as the Pats having nothing to play for. With the Steelers facing Baltimore and going to Buffalo in 17, homefield was very much within their grasp.
not trying to write it off as that. Dumb play by brady and again, hats off to Miami for capitalizing on it. HOWEVER, let's not forget the fact that it really doesn't change anything other that the field the games will be played on. Yes, it's a factor..... but Belichick's playoff schemes are a bigger factor. I think ol Ben is going to be in for a big surprise in the bitter cold of December while staring into the mouth of a defense that B'chick will have cooked up just for him :)

That's right....playoff birth won and home field advantage also? ;)

,Dec 21 2004, 01:16 PM] I think ol Ben is going to be in for a big surprise in the bitter cold of December while staring into the mouth of a defense that B'chick will have cooked up just for him :)
Not this year.....just enjoy your World Series win.....

,Dec 21 2004, 01:16 PM] I think ol Ben is going to be in for a big surprise in the bitter cold of December while staring into the mouth of a defense that B'chick will have cooked up just for him :)
:rotflmao: I understand the Pittsburgh fans confidence in Ben, with all that postseason experience he has in high-pressure situations and all....

,Dec 21 2004, 02:23 PM]

:rotflmao: I understand the Pittsburgh fans confidence in Ben, with all that postseason experience he has in high-pressure situations and all....
He has more experience (games started) than Brady did when he won his first superbowl.

Did you all stay up to see the trophy presentation after the game? There wasn't one? Oh yeah, that's right. Give me a holler when they're presenting a trophy to someone other than Kraft, Belichick and Brady. Because until they do, your team ain't ####.Yes, they looked flat last night, and Brady made some bad decisions. It happens. As a life-long Patriots fan, I love the fact that there actually are threads celebrating the Patriots 2nd loss in 26 attempts.24-2. We suck, it's over. :rolleyes: Bottom line: You wish your team was the Patriots.

He has more experience (games started) than Brady did when he won his first superbowl.
Brady didn't have to face Belichick either....

Did you all stay up to see the trophy presentation after the game? There wasn't one? Oh yeah, that's right. Give me a holler when they're presenting a trophy to someone other than Kraft, Belichick and Brady. Because until they do, your team ain't ####.Yes, they looked flat last night, and Brady made some bad decisions. It happens. As a life-long Patriots fan, I love the fact that there actually are threads celebrating the Patriots 2nd loss in 26 attempts.24-2. We suck, it's over. :rolleyes: Bottom line: You wish your team was the Patriots.
Easy Francis. Take it as a compliment. You are the Yankees of the NFL right now.

Did anyone see the shots of the Patriots on the sidelines right before the 4th down TD to Thompson??? Seeing them kneeling down, praying for a win, looking like they just lost their best friend was a little much. They looked like if they lost their season was over.One guy was squatting down, eyes closed, repeating something over and over, like he was saying "Please, just let us win this game"....blah blah blah.PAH-LEASE. It was nice to see them look dejected. Like they need to win every game. I understand that as an NFL team, you WANT to win every game possible, but for crying out loud, its not the end of the world. Suck it up and move on. I for one am ready to see the dynasty-in-the-making come to an end. I dont care WHO the AFC champ is, as long as its not the Patriots. I hope they dwell on this loss and get steamrolled next week, even though I know it wont happen. It would be nice to see them drop 2 in a row, though. Its getting sickening seeing them win all the time.

Easy Francis. Take it as a compliment. You are the Yankees of the NFL right now.
I like the "easy francis". That's funny, and I mean that in a serious way. You made me laugh out loud.But seriously, I know that when you are the king of the hill, everyone is trying to take your spot. I know. I just hate the trash talk that goes on. Until someone knocks the Patriots out of the playoffs, the Steelers, Colts, Jets, Ravens and Charger fans have nothing to say. And I mean that in a respectful way. I applaud your teams seasons. But ultimately, it'll all mean nothing until someone else has their hands wrapped around the Lombardi.

Excellent response but I'm guessing you meant to say "Lighten Up Francis" :D

I for one was very disappointed by New England. I'm not a Pats fan but it is the 2nd week in a row I've watched them blow a cover in the 4th quarter. :rant:

,Dec 21 2004, 02:38 PM]

Brady didn't have to face Belichick either....
Won't matter if the Pats can't stop Bettis/Duce/Haynes. But yes, I feel very confident that Roethlisberger can make enough plays any week to win a game, and he's sure as hell got the weapons to work with. Lots of QBs can look good and be efficient with the support of a running game as dominant as the Steelers' is.

,Dec 21 2004, 12:16 PM] HOWEVER, let's not forget the fact that it really doesn't change anything other that the field the games will be played on.
I'll go ahead and predict right now that that play cost the Pats the Super Bowl.The Steelers will lose one, and no more than one, game this year, the pats will meet the Steelers in Pitt., and will lose the game.The Pats won't lose again this year, and will have lost home field throughout the playoffs on that play, thus costing them a trip to the Bowl

,Dec 21 2004, 12:16 PM] HOWEVER, let's not forget the fact that it really doesn't change anything other that the field the games will be played on.
I'll go ahead and predict right now that that play cost the Pats the Super Bowl.The Steelers will lose one, and no more than one, game this year, the pats will meet the Steelers in Pitt., and will lose the game.The Pats won't lose again this year, and will have lost home field throughout the playoffs on that play, thus costing them a trip to the Bowl
Fair assumption and not entirely impossible.... but the playoffs in the NFL are a different animal.... as are the Patriots (and Belichick's schemes). I think that the Pats win 6 out of 10 in Pittsburgh.

,Dec 21 2004, 03:01 PM]

Fair assumption and not entirely impossible.... but the playoffs in the NFL are a different animal.... as are the Patriots (and Belichick's schemes). I think that the Pats win 6 out of 10 in Pittsburgh.
Pitt-NE in Pitt? I'll take the Pats as well

,Dec 21 2004, 12:08 PM] Someone remind me the last time the Patriots lost a playoff game under Belichick again :confused:
Right after you remind me the last time the Pats won a playoff game under Belicheck on the road.

P.S. - in answer to the original post, YES - as a Dolphan, it was very sweet to see. Nothing will make the season a "success" but beating the Pats in December felt very good.

I for one am ready to see the dynasty-in-the-making come to an end. I dont care WHO the AFC champ is, as long as its not the Patriots. I hope they dwell on this loss and get steamrolled next week, even though I know it wont happen. It would be nice to see them drop 2 in a row, though. Its getting sickening seeing them win all the time.
What is it about the team you don't like? Is it the team? The fans? Both? I felt the same way about the Cowboys, but never about the 49ers. To me, the Pats seem more like I used to see the 49ers - the "good guys" team that I wanted to beat the Cowboys. Maybe, at least early on, Pats fans were like the Cowboys fans of old? I hope not, but maybe that's the perception? Or maybe there's just a mentality that nobody wants to see a dynasty in football (or any sport) unless it's their own team?

Let's hope your prognosticating skills when it comes to the Pats fortunes are as accurate as your preseason Barlow predictions! :P Sorry, you left that one way up there to groove outta the park.And as far as the last time the Patriots won a playoff game on the road under Belichick, hmmm... let's see, I'll have to dig deep for this one, it's coming to me, one sec...That's right, it was Pittsburgh, in the 2001 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP!

Did anyone see the shots of the Patriots on the sidelines right before the 4th down TD to Thompson??? Seeing them kneeling down, praying for a win, looking like they just lost their best friend was a little much. They looked like if they lost their season was over.One guy was squatting down, eyes closed, repeating something over and over, like he was saying "Please, just let us win this game"....blah blah blah.PAH-LEASE. It was nice to see them look dejected. Like they need to win every game. I understand that as an NFL team, you WANT to win every game possible, but for crying out loud, its not the end of the world. Suck it up and move on. I for one am ready to see the dynasty-in-the-making come to an end. I dont care WHO the AFC champ is, as long as its not the Patriots. I hope they dwell on this loss and get steamrolled next week, even though I know it wont happen. It would be nice to see them drop 2 in a row, though. Its getting sickening seeing them win all the time.
You sound like a bitter old man....what the #### is wrong with wanting to win. Does it matter if its the first or the 21? Are the coaches suppose to go out and give everyone the week off? Better yet...why not just forfeit and give Miami the win automatically.I'm amazed on the amount of bitter people looking for someone to hate, with no REAL reason. In an age when so many athletes have no concept about doing whats best for the team.....a team like the Pats should be celebrated. They have proved that FA isnt bad for football and that dynasties can still occur. I'm a Patriot fan, but I'm also a football fan. The Pats are good for football and sports. They never have anything bad to say about anyone and handle themselves with class and professionalism.......so I can probably understand why you hate them so much?

:stillers:Again, I am still hoping the oddsmakers make NE the favorite in Pittsburgh should they meet again in January. Money line, baby, money line.Steelers = CLYDE

,Dec 21 2004, 02:55 PM]

Its getting sickening seeing them win all the time.
Why? :confused:
Because he is not a Pats fan. Obviously his team has been spanked by the Pats and he gets his jollies in one Pats loss. Well enjoy it pal, because it only comes up every 12-14 games. As for the Pitt fans planning their Superbowl parties, when your team wins something, then you can lay claim to the mojo. Your team hasn't done anything yet. Hell, you're not even the best team in PA right now. I'm going to laugh my butt off watching Indy, or SD take you guys down.Lets go Peyton! Lets go!

:stillers:Again, I am still hoping the oddsmakers make NE the favorite in Pittsburgh should they meet again in January. Money line, baby, money line.Steelers = CLYDE
I remember last time the Steelers felt this confident about going to the Superbowl.

Notice a lot of hatred in here for Tom Brady, and not a lot of props for the Dolphins. Kinda reminds me of the 2004 Presidential Election.

I remember last time the Steelers felt this confident about going to the Superbowl.
You'd think the Steelers and their fans would have learned their lesson about bad karma. :rolleyes: Like I said earlier, your record on December 21st means nada if someone else has their hands on the Lombardi in February.

I remember last time Pats fans felt this confident about coming into Pittsburgh and leaving with a win also.It's anyone's game no matter what, but if the Steelers are getting points again, I'll gladly take the ML again.

As a Steeler fan I certainly don't think it's in the bag if the Pats and Steelers were to meet in the div final but their chances of winning the game probably increased by 50% due to the home field edge. I give them almost no chance if the Pats have homefield advantage and the game is in Foxboro, so that loss was huge as a Steeler fan.

I remember last time Pats fans felt this confident about coming into Pittsburgh and leaving with a win also.It's anyone's game no matter what, but if the Steelers are getting points again, I'll gladly take the ML again.
You remember where you were on January 27 2001? :football:

Users who are viewing this thread