What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Washington fans? Whats up? (1 Viewer)

I was in the area. The weather ridiculous. I counted at least a dozen cars in ditches, medians, woods, on fire, collisions on I-95.

I don't blame any of them for putting their lives and families first. Maybe some of you need priorities...

I was in the area. The weather ridiculous. I counted at least a dozen cars in ditches, medians, woods, on fire, collisions on I-95.

I don't blame any of them for putting their lives and families first. Maybe some of you need priorities...
Maybe some of you should not be scared of 1 inch of snow

The FedEx experience isnt bad at all. But most would agree that when your team is losing badly, that its not going to be a good time sitting in sleet and snow. Everyone likes to hate on the skins. If you aren't a fan, just move on

Team is 3-9 on the verge of firing the HC, star QB has been a waste this season, weather horrible, yeah I think I would rather spend time having fun elsewhere after they went down 31-0 early 2nd.

It's not indicative of the Washington fan base.

The FedEx experience isnt bad at all. But most would agree that when your team is losing badly, that its not going to be a good time sitting in sleet and snow. Everyone likes to hate on the skins. If you aren't a fan, just move on
Lived there 17 years and went to about 15 games. Unbelievably overpriced, horrendous traffic, and they seem to take any measure necessary to have you jump through hoops..

Good people, though. I feel bad for my friends who pull for them. Some cancelled their season tickets in the last few years.

Lived there 17 years and went to about 15 games. Unbelievably overpriced, horrendous traffic, and they seem to take any measure necessary to have you jump through hoops..

Good people, though. I feel bad for my friends who pull for them. Some cancelled their season tickets in the last few years.
i'll agree with a lot of those points; i guess being a homer, I'm just blind sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the weather was what did this? thats the story?
Down 31-0 in the early 2nd, I can promise you in Miami you wouldn't see anyone left in the 2nd half. Why are you laying into the Washington fan base?

We need 1 master "Odd things we found interesting" thread rather than bashing a fan base for not wanting to stick this out. When was this, start of the 2nd half? Maybe they weren't back from filling up on beer and booze.

Dolphin stadium doesn't look much different at the start of the 2nd half even when we are ahead, people have to pee, grab 2 beers, a shot of Irish Whiskey, down a hot dog and get back to the seat in under 15-20 minutes, it's almost impossible.

Sensitive, man? I wasn't really coming after them that hard was I?
Me? Not even a little bit. Just saying you obviously aren't familiar with freezing rain if you think anybody in their right mind who drove would be sitting in a football game as the area is starting to glaze over.

They got Shanahanagan'd! He took the fans out in the 3rd and replaced them a real sleeper... empty seats.

:next level:

Dolphin stadium doesn't look much different at the start of the 2nd half even when we are ahead, people have to pee, grab 2 beers, a shot of Irish Whiskey, down a hot dog and get back to the seat in under 15-20 minutes, it's almost impossible.
Very much the same situation at FedEx. Concession lines are absurd. Washingtonians do not drink lightly either.

You're dancing around it, the thread title is What's up? We gave you a bevy of reasons and I can detect that air of superiority you feel as a Saints fan in all of this. I've been to Saints games, great folks, but whether it rains or shines you got cover. You don't deal with the ungodly humidity in September, not sensitive. If you didn't want it shoved back then why fire up a thread with some snap shot and act surprised that Skins fans weren't hanging out?

Shanahan cleaned out his office, maybe the fans took that as a signal to leave.

I expect better from Saints fans especially who know what it's like to be persecuted from many different angles including mother nature and Roger Goodell, have some sympathy, the same sympathy many of us have bestowed on all of you all these years :)

This year, the Redskins have a % attendance of 87.4. The last time the Saints had a record resembling the Redskins record this year (1999 they went 3-13), their % attendance was 73.1% with not a single game over 84%. I bet there are a bunch of new Saints fans since Brees/Payton so many new fans of the Saints don't remember their fans not giving a flying #### about that team for years and years.

Getting to a stadium and then getting in to the stadium is such an ordeal that once I'm there I would never leave a game early, let alone at halftime. You likely paid $100+ for your ticket...I'd stay for every miserable minute to "get my money's worth".

Ministry of Pain said:
Breesisdaman said:
You're dancing around it, the thread title is What's up? We gave you a bevy of reasons and I can detect that air of superiority you feel as a Saints fan in all of this. I've been to Saints games, great folks, but whether it rains or shines you got cover. You don't deal with the ungodly humidity in September, not sensitive. If you didn't want it shoved back then why fire up a thread with some snap shot and act surprised that Skins fans weren't hanging out?

I expect better from Saints fans especially who know what it's like to be persecuted from many different angles including mother nature and Roger Goodell, have some sympathy, the same sympathy many of us have bestowed on all of you all these years :)
I think any air of superiority went out the door with my tongue in cheek bag on head comment. Saints fans know plenty about seasons like the Skins are having. We just supported the team and were famous losers. We didn't have freezing rain though. So knowing that now I really wouldn't have called out the Skins fan base for not supporting their team.

Not Sleeping said:
Getting to a stadium and then getting in to the stadium is such an ordeal that once I'm there I would never leave a game early, let alone at halftime. You likely paid $100+ for your ticket...I'd stay for every miserable minute to "get my money's worth".
Maybe season ticket holders, but not otherwise for this one. People were giving away tickets for free at my office beforehand because of the expected bad weather (and bad outcome).

Ministry of Pain said:
Breesisdaman said:

I think any air of superiority went out the door with my tongue in cheek bag on head comment. Saints fans know plenty about seasons like the Skins are having. We just supported the team and were famous losers. We didn't have freezing rain though. So knowing that now I really wouldn't have called out the Skins fan base for not supporting their team.
Sometimes, yeah.

Weather + Out of hand Game + fed up = that picture
+ as others have mentioned, the start of the 3rd quarter is the emptiest time for any stadium. While there wasn't a large crowd yesterday, that screen cap exaggerates the overall attendance.

I didn't bother even trying to give my tickets away. I have a crazy daughter who wanted to attend. I had to convince her to leave early. We left after Cousin's first drive. Nice thing, though, was that we didn't have to leave early to get to the game and very little traffic on the way home. Lots of kids at yesterday's game. I think some people used it as an opportunity to take kids to a cheap game with a preseason atmosphere and space to spread out.

I was actually surprised at how many people were at the game at kick off. I expected fewer. We set a low attendance record for Fed Ex, but still thought it would be less. Had the weather been decent, the crowd would have been much better. It was fun for a little while with the snow falling and a laid back crowd. Then it just got downright miserable.

I really hope the weather is good for the Dallas game because my daughter really wants to go again.

This is DC.

Everyone was busy looking for the "mystery leaker" who keeps distributing bad-feeling stories about the Redskins early on game days.

We figured this was the way to be most supportive of Mike Shanahan, beloved HC of the team.

I'm pretty sure that's a cardboard figure of Mike Shanahan on the sideline and that the real one went home weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread