What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Washington Redskins @ Dallas Cowboys (1 Viewer)

Cowboys getting that special treatment with the refs tonight. I guess the coach in the white area is ok but the block into the ball turnover was unreal. Looks like the Skins are getting spiked until they change their name.

That really shouldn't be a rule. Or should only be enforced in really egregious circumstances. Hate to see something on the sidelines like that affect the actual game.

That really shouldn't be a rule. Or should only be enforced in really egregious circumstances. Hate to see something on the sidelines like that affect the actual game.
Unless you are literally carrying the player on the receiving team and depositing his body onto the ball, I simply can't see how this is a penalty. It's absurd.

Like, having an offical run you over because you are where you're not supposed to be?

Sorry...the punt was a bad call. This one is weak perhaps, but hardly game changing, and not even wrong.

Like, having an offical run you over because you are where you're not supposed to be?

Sorry...the punt was a bad call. This one is weak perhaps, but hardly game changing, and not even wrong.
No, Like the coach actively blocking the ref on purpose. Or refusing to stay back after a warning.

How did it significantly affect the game? They started on the 18 after the TD.

Good grief.

Good grief.
Not best to judge things purely on results. A 15 yard penalty is as bad as they get other than pass interference.

its such a simple rule...dont stand on the white line...i wish the rules i teach my son were so simple...stay the f off the white line...it's so easy....

I don't care about the coach on the sidelines. He violated the rule and the side judge bumped into him while trying to follow the play right in front of him. The penalty is fair game and understandable.

That non-turnover on the punt, however, is a potential game changer. That was Redskins' possession deep in Dallas territory that didn't happen.

its such a simple rule...dont stand on the white line...i wish the rules i teach my son were so simple...stay the f off the white line...it's so easy....
i;ve actually heard college and pro team have "get back" guys...the only job is to tell these morons to get back...its amazing you would need that...STAY THE F BACK.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Good grief.
Not best to judge things purely on results. A 15 yard penalty is as bad as they get other than pass interference.
You are missing the point.

i;ve actually heard college and pro team have "get back" guys...the only job is to tell these morons to get back...its azazing you would need that...STAY THE F BACK.....
that's true we had a coach who did that the whole game in hs

On the "blocked into punt"...

Article 4: There is no distinction between a player touching a ball or being touched by it, but a player is not considered to have touched the ball if he is blocked into it by an opponent, provided he is in a passive position and not blocking. A player who is engaged with and blocking his opponent when he contacts the ball is deemed to have touched the ball.
From that, I'd say it should have been Washington ball. He was not passive, he was actively blocking his opponent IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread