What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wasting a lottery pick (1 Viewer)

Well what do ya know. Another year, another three All NBA teams named, and not a white college player to be found, but you go right ahead and waste a lottery pick on Markannen and Collins. There's a reason some teams stay bad.
You should post in the NBA thread in the Free for all if you want discussion.

It's not wrong just because you don't like it. There are two teams in the league, Cleveland and Utah that have a white college player among their top three players. Every other team their top three players are black or foreign. Ignore the facts if you want.
Would Steven Adams be one of the top 3 players on Oklahoma? I think so but may be missing someone.

he is foreign, though of course he did play in college.  

also Olynyk the Clinic, obviously.
I did not realize he was foreign, my bad.

I do agree that Olynyk should be considered a "hit" even though he's not exactly a star player - a solid rotation player is not something to just dismiss even in the lottery.

I did not realize he was foreign, my bad.

I do agree that Olynyk should be considered a "hit" even though he's not exactly a star player - a solid rotation player is not something to just dismiss even in the lottery.
If they aren't stars they don't count according to petekrum, but he is also the one saying in the Shark Pool that CMAC won't be a good running back because he is white.

msudaisy26 said:
If they aren't stars they don't count according to petekrum, but he is also the one saying in the Shark Pool that CMAC won't be a good running back because he is white.
Guess what, you don't win in the NBA without stars, and as I've already shown, if you draft a white college player you aren't getting a star. At best you're getting a role player. In the lottery taking anything but a black or foreign player is a step backward.

msudaisy26 said:
How are the Hornets doing with their Zellers and Kaminskys and Plumlees and such? They are as far away from being contenders as the Nets because they've drafted and traded for a bunch of role players.

Guess what, you don't win in the NBA without stars, and as I've already shown, if you draft a white college player you aren't getting a star. At best you're getting a role player. In the lottery taking anything but a black or foreign player is a step backward.
You can win in the league without stars, the Pistons have done it and you can't win in the league without role players either. Your research sucked and was weak.

How are the Hornets doing with their Zellers and Kaminskys and Plumlees and such? They are as far away from being contenders as the Nets because they've drafted and traded for a bunch of role players.
How were they doing with Kemba, Jefferson and MKG?

You can win in the league without stars, the Pistons have done it and you can't win in the league without role players either. Your research sucked and was weak.
So in the history of the NBA you found ONE year where the champ didn't have a HOF player on their roster, congratulations. How about the other 60 or so years. The NBA is a STAR driven league, if you don't understand that this argument is kind of pointless. You can get role players anywhere, why use a lottery pick to get them? Why not take a shot at getting a player who can actually make you a contender.

So in the history of the NBA you found ONE year where the champ didn't have a HOF player on their roster, congratulations. How about the other 60 or so years. The NBA is a STAR driven league, if you don't understand that this argument is kind of pointless. You can get role players anywhere, why use a lottery pick to get them? Why not take a shot at getting a player who can actually make you a contender.
Go back and look at the Chris Paul draft. Bogut was taken 1st overall and you label him a bust, but if you look at careers of the guys taken in the draft he should have been drafted in the lottery. Explain to everyone how that is a wasted lottery pick. You can't sometimes you are picking in a weak draft or the 10th best player in the draft is going to be a role player. Your research sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
How were they doing with Kemba, Jefferson and MKG?
Borderline playoff team, because other than Kemba none of those guys are difference makers. You seem to think I'm saying all black players are stars when I'm not. There are plenty of black and foreign players who bust, but if you want to contend you better keep selecting them in the lottery. Watch the Hornets take that kid Collins from Gonzaga and see how far that gets them instead of taking a black kid and maybe finding the next Clay Thompson, Dramond Green, Isiah Thomas, or Kawhi Leonard all who went late lottery to the second round.

Go back and look at the Chris Paul draft. Bogut was taken 1st overall and you label him a bust, but if you look at careers of the guys taken in the draft he should have been drafted in the lottery. Explain to everyone how that is a wasted lottery pick. You can't sometimes you are picking in a weak draft or the 10th best player in the draft is going to be a role player. Your research sucks.
First, I never said every white player is a bust, just that they aren't difference makers. All Bogut has ever been is an ok player. You want an ok player with the number one pick he's your guy. What you don't understand is I'm talking about going by percentages to try and get a difference making player, and by percentages there have been two difference making white college players drafted in the lottery in the last twenty years, and the best of those, Kevin Love is still only the third best player on his own team. Look at the all NBA teams, look at the all defensive teams, look at the all star teams, what do they have in common? There was a time as recently as the 80's and early 90's where there were tons of great white college players,...Bird, Mchale, Ainge, Sikma, Chambers, Laimbeer, Tripucka, Gugliotta, Stockton, Nash, Majerle, Hornacek, Vandeweigh, Mullin, and many more. Perennial all NBA and all star members. Where are those white college stars in today's game?

Mr. Krum, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Long Ball Larry said:
Mr. Krum, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Hey, that's fine. Just list me the white college players over the last 20 years that are really important players in the league. The list is right there on page one sweetheart. I'm sure you think it's a coincidence there hasn't been a white cornerback in the NFL in over 20 years. Keep your head in the sand.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Rotoworld these three players looked bad in summer league play,... Markannen, Zach Collins, Kennard. Hmmmmm,...

Users who are viewing this thread