What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wawa stores (1 Viewer)

All the Jersey people do agree that Tastee's in Edison is the best in the state right? Good.
Best what?
Subs/hoagies. But they're so good at those that they're probably the best at anything in the state.
I'm from Philly originally but work in New Brunswick, NJ. Jersey Subs on George St. - :moneybag: , really like that place for lunch. Never heard of Tastee's, will have to try it sometime.

All I'm seeing from this thread (Sheetz backers) is that a lot of people live in the sticks and ain't never had a gosh darn real hoagie before. Either that or road kill being the main cuisine of choice appeals to the Sheetz demographic.
You don't get real hoagies at Wawa either. Maybe I'm a hoagie snob, but I'm from South Philly where the hoagie standard starts with Primo's :excited: , anything less than that and I'm not ordering it. I enjoy Wawa, probably stop at one 4-5 days a week. It's fast, convenient and reasonably priced. (cheapest cigarettes and gas) Good soups and good place for a quick, fresh lunch. The sandwich I order is a toasted tuna salad with lettuce, tomato, provolone and hot peppers. :thumbup: Their bagel melts are pretty ####### good too.But their hoagies aren't anything to brag about... unless it's 3am and drunk time.eta: And yes every Wawa that I visit has a lottery machine. :shrug: And their coffee isn't all that great either, especially in the winter when it gets cold by the time you start your car. :thumbdown:
Damn, what coffee are they making at your wawa? I usually have to go double cup on it to keep the nuclear radiation from burning my hand off. Also, I wasn't outing that Wawa was as good as a deli sandwich but compared to sheetz, it might as well be from DiNics or Finks. Every time I've gone to Sheetz, I've left with the blandest concoction of bread and "stuff" Ive ever tasted.
Yea I think it's just the cardboard cups that don't insulate well. But I like to drink my coffee blazing hot and Wawa just doesnt stay hot enough, long enough. Halfway through a 20oz and i need it reheated. :sadbanana: Dunkin might be killing the environment with their cups, but it helps keep my coffee hot. :thumbup:

I've lived in Manhattan for 10 years, eaten at all kinds of fancy ### restaurants. And I love Wawa sandwiches. Deal with it :cool:
There must be a reason Wawa never franchised in NYC, and I've always wondered what it is. I'd have to guess ingredient freshness, but even then, it can't be too far from wherever the suppliers are for the SE PA, NJ, DE area. I feel like if I had the capital to do so, I'd be looking seriously into trying to franchise there until I found out why Wawa wouldn't let me.

The Wawa around here sells roadside Navajo Elk Jerky. Great stuff
Im sure its good, but something tells me that isnt elk and it sure as #### isnt elk meat jerkyrized by the Navajos. Navajos live in Arizona and New Mexico, are these some special desert elk or something?!

All the Jersey people do agree that Tastee's in Edison is the best in the state right? Good.
Best what?
Subs/hoagies. But they're so good at those that they're probably the best at anything in the state.
I'm from Philly originally but work in New Brunswick, NJ. Jersey Subs on George St. - :moneybag: , really like that place for lunch. Never heard of Tastee's, will have to try it sometime.
How long have you been working in NB? There was a big commotion around the city back in 2010 when Obama was in town and went to Tastee's for lunch. From NB take 27 across the Raritan towards Highland Park, and about 2-3 miles later you'll make a right on Plainfield Ave and it's right there. Highly recommend the #5 Super sub as well as the #9 tuna if you like that...it's amazing.

Best what?
How long have you been working in NB? There was a big commotion around the city back in 2010 when Obama was in town and went to Tastee's for lunch. From NB take 27 across the Raritan towards Highland Park, and about 2-3 miles later you'll make a right on Plainfield Ave and it's right there. Highly recommend the #5 Super sub as well as the #9 tuna if you like that...it's amazing.
Been working there since 2008 and living south in Central Jersey, but used to travel all the time so was there less than I was on the road. Been local in New Brunswick for about a year now with no travel. Thanks for the heads up, this is only a few minutes from work, will try it at some point and report back :thumbup:

Just tried a Publix hoagie for the first time tonight since Cappy wouldn't stop raving about them. Pretty good. The roll isn't anything special, but the actual hoagie is really good.

Just tried a Publix hoagie for the first time tonight since Cappy wouldn't stop raving about them. Pretty good. The roll isn't anything special, but the actual hoagie is really good.
Publix calls them subs because that's what they are. Also, their bread is awesome. Crusty outside, moist and chewy inside.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a gas station. Settle down people.
They have stores that do not sell gas.
So it's like a bodega for suburban people? But once you're in your car, why not just go someplace with good stuff?
No idea what a Bodega is. For most people, it's a road trip place. A place to stop off, get gas, hit the bathrooms, and get a good cheap meal to eat on the go (This applies to Sheetz as well.) For the non-gas stations, like those located in downtown philly, they're basically a high-end 7-11.

Are Wawa hoagies the best in Philly? No. But they are a solid sandwich with good bread, easy ordering and fast service. Now Primo's, that is a different story. They make excellent hoagies and are franchising quickly.

Best what?
Been working there since 2008 and living south in Central Jersey, but used to travel all the time so was there less than I was on the road. Been local in New Brunswick for about a year now with no travel. Thanks for the heads up, this is only a few minutes from work, will try it at some point and report back :thumbup:
Yea, I am 10 min away and had only 1st heard of them when Obama came by.Will have to give em a try.

Are Wawa hoagies the best in Philly? No. But they are a solid sandwich with good bread, easy ordering and fast service. Now Primo's, that is a different story. They make excellent hoagies and are franchising quickly.
Primo is good stuff. Tons of variety and good/great ingredients. Only complaint is they use sesame seed rolls and I hate sesame seeds.

Best what?
Yea, I am 10 min away and had only 1st heard of them when Obama came by.Will have to give em a try.
You lucky bastards. They're a staple at our Rutgers football tailgates...one guy picks up a dozen or so subs to go along with all the grilled/prepared food. It'll probably be September before I get one again.

Primo is good stuff. Tons of variety and good/great ingredients. Only complaint is they use sesame seed rolls and I hate sesame seeds.
Man...... I love that Primo roll. It makes the sandwich. :thumbup:

I'm a fan of both Sheetz and Wawa, but I am surprised people would pick Sheetz over Wawa when it comes to food. I've had quite a few of the menu items at Sheetz because there are a million of them around where I live. I've only eaten at Wawa maybe once or twice in the past many many years. But that one time I went to Wawa I thought the quality of the food was on a much higher level compared to Sheetz.

I ordered a pretty basic italian sub on a cibatta roll and some chicken corn chowder and it was better then anything I ordered at Sheetz. In fact, I would say that Rutters actually gives Sheetz a run for their money with food. I got a hot pastrami sandwich from Rutters recently that was decent. Plus, the one thing I like about Rutters is the 'Coffee Shots'. It's like a caffene boost shot you put in your coffee and it comes in a container just like creamers come in, but it's black with a gold tin cover. And it's free. Put one of those in a cup of 'Highly Caffenated' and it's a pretty good convience store coffee.

They didn’t start selling gas until the late 90s when they started building the “Super Wawas”.I live near store #1 that was built 1964 and about 2 years ago they planned on closing that store so they could open a “Super Wawa” a few blocks away and people lost their minds. They finally reconsidered and closed the next closet store and opened up the Super Wawa next to that location. If John Bender still lives in the area then that’s probably the one that he goes to.

They didn’t start selling gas until the late 90s when they started building the “Super Wawas”.I live near store #1 that was built 1964 and about 2 years ago they planned on closing that store so they could open a “Super Wawa” a few blocks away and people lost their minds. They finally reconsidered and closed the next closet store and opened up the Super Wawa next to that location. If John Bender still lives in the area then that’s probably the one that he goes to.
Selling gas at wawa is a relatively recent development. Growing up in Philly, you have to hand it to them. They have built quite a business.

Another Delco resident, 'sup Sludge! Yo man off topic but where can I get a real ####ng pizza out here?? I go back to South Philly because its so terrible out here. Anything resembling a good pie in these parts?

Another Delco resident, 'sup Sludge! Yo man off topic but where can I get a real ####ng pizza out here?? I go back to South Philly because its so terrible out here. Anything resembling a good pie in these parts?
Where you at?

There's a Super Wawa on the way down to my parents house in the Outer Banks. They have like 500 gas pumps. It's quite super. I had been hearing about how awesome Wawa is, so I got the coffee and I got a sub. Both were average. But I was happy they had gasoline because I needed that.

Where you at?
Prospect Park. Was an Emilio's regular until they pissed me off so I'm looking again, they were the best I've had out here.

Where you at?
Prospect Park. Was an Emilio's regular until they pissed me off so I'm looking again, they were the best I've had out here.
Double Decker in Ridley Park is the best.Emilio's sucks

Very disappointed with the pizza options in Delco (after living in Rhode Island). Other than pepperoni, every shop uses that frozen pre-cooked meat for toppings (sausage crumbles, "meatball", or ground beef topping is the same as you get at dominoes :X

Where you at?
Cool thanks Bender ill check them out. Well starting out on Coco's, Emilio's was like eating in Italy! :lol:

Where you at?
Cool thanks Bender ill check them out. Well starting out on Coco's, Emilio's was like eating in Italy! :lol:
Definitely do. There's a new-ish Thai place in your hood too that I like (just before the chick-fil-a on the left). Good place for a quiet dinner and good thai food. GL!

Surprised there has not been much talk about the WaWa teas and such. My wife, being the DelCo girl that she is, swears that WaWa Iced Tea is the absolute best iced tea in the entire world. I, personally, find all of those premixed teas to be pretty similar and have no real preference to one over the other.

P.S. I live in what seems to be Turkey Hill country... which fill the void where there was once no Sheetz or Wawa. Sheetz have begun to make some traction in the area over the last few years. Other than the french friez (they add a z to everything, right?), there is not that much of a difference between the two.

Where you at?
I love Emilio's. Its the same pizza I grew up onin Southwest Philly. Double Decker is ok but nothing great. I like Venice pizza in Ridley Park and Italian Delight on MacDade. If you are looking for "Greek style" I suggest New London on 420 in Prospect Park.

Surprised there has not been much talk about the WaWa teas and such. My wife, being the DelCo girl that she is, swears that WaWa Iced Tea is the absolute best iced tea in the entire world. I, personally, find all of those premixed teas to be pretty similar and have no real preference to one over the other.P.S. I live in what seems to be Turkey Hill country... which fill the void where there was once no Sheetz or Wawa. Sheetz have begun to make some traction in the area over the last few years. Other than the french friez (they add a z to everything, right?), there is not that much of a difference between the two.
I think the WaWa Iced Teas are subpar at best, but they are cheap and ice cold. The 50/50 Iced Tea/Lemonade mix was pretty good although I'm not really an Iced Tea guy.

@Sludge

Come on now. Emilio's? I don't get it I guess.

Venice pizza is much better for sure and the service is really good (and you can get it by the slice). But don't ever order one of the pasta dishes from there :X Gross overcooked crap. But for my money - Double Decker is the best around.

If I'm really looking for a good pizza, I'll just go to Springfield and grab a Bertucci's margherita pizza :bag: I love it.

And yeah - I go to the Super Wawa they just built. It's like an convenience store amusement park and walkable from my spot. The best hangover cure is a sausage egg and cheese on a bagel and one of those "iced coffees" from the machine next to the milk shake machine. Probably my last supper request right there.

Thanks Sludge will check them all out. :thumbup: Yea just noticed New London the other night and had them on my taste test list. After trying a few different places I settled on Emilio's, pretty good IMO too. But three pickup trips in a row, they didnt start making my pizza until I got there, done with them. :rant:

Surprised there has not been much talk about the WaWa teas and such. My wife, being the DelCo girl that she is, swears that WaWa Iced Tea is the absolute best iced tea in the entire world. I, personally, find all of those premixed teas to be pretty similar and have no real preference to one over the other.P.S. I live in what seems to be Turkey Hill country... which fill the void where there was once no Sheetz or Wawa. Sheetz have begun to make some traction in the area over the last few years. Other than the french friez (they add a z to everything, right?), there is not that much of a difference between the two.
I think the WaWa Iced Teas are subpar at best, but they are cheap and ice cold. The 50/50 Iced Tea/Lemonade mix was pretty good although I'm not really an Iced Tea guy.
I grew up on Rosenberger's, and as such, I always thought that they were the absolute best... I recently ran across a Rosenberger's iced tea in a local CVS and was much less than impressed. Now, on the rare occasion that I do consume those types of drinks, I prefer whichever one is on sale at the time of purchase ;)

@SludgeCome on now. Emilio's? I don't get it I guess. Venice pizza is much better for sure and the service is really good (and you can get it by the slice). But don't ever order one of the pasta dishes from there :X Gross overcooked crap. But for my money - Double Decker is the best around.If I'm really looking for a good pizza, I'll just go to Springfield and grab a Bertucci's margherita pizza :bag: I love it.And yeah - I go to the Super Wawa they just built. It's like an convenience store amusement park and walkable from my spot. The best hangover cure is a sausage egg and cheese on a bagel and one of those "iced coffees" from the machine next to the milk shake machine. Probably my last supper request right there.
:lmao: No man you want a good hangover Wawa cure??? Order a toasted bagel with bacon, tomato and cream cheese. No ####### joke it's like crack. Try it and get back to me. :thumbup:

John - Did you get the round or the square? I always get the square.

Billy - Emilio's is originally from Southwest Philly and a lot of those residents (myself included) moved out to Delco so its always busy. I always add extra time before I go pick up my order. Also, about New London you have to get the small not the large.

Another place I forgot to add is Imperial pizza in Secane. the bottom of the crist is loaded with "sand" if you like that type of pie.

If either of you guys are looking for a good breakfast sandwich I would recommend La Spada's on Macdade. Their Scrapple, egg and cheese on a hoagie roll is awesome.

Get an inside out pizza from Double Decker.

I'm a big fan of their diet green tea. You can get a small bottle (maybe 12 oz) for like $0.89, or a monster jug for about $1.49.

Users who are viewing this thread