What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wawa stores (1 Viewer)

Wawas all day over Sheetz...

HOWEVER...

I can completely understand the love for Sheetz. The fact that you can electronically order french fries and popcorn chicken on a sandwich there should not be discounted. If I had the ability to do that in college, it would have been nirvana.

Also, I really do wish Wawa had Sheetz's fire roasted tomato sauce.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped at sheetz a few months back. Always blows my mind they don't have spicy brown mustard as a condiment. I do like their pretzel sub bread

Wawas all day over Sheetz...

HOWEVER...

I can completely understand the love for Sheetz. The fact that you can electronically order french fries and popcorn chicken on a sandwich there should not be discounted. If I had the ability to do that in college, it would have been nirvana.

Also, I really do wish Wawa had Sheetz's fire roasted tomato sauce.
My 1st semester of college, I went to Frostburg State out in Western MD. Sheetz was part of the points we could put on our meal cards. It was amazing.

Love the app. Discount for buying like I always do? Sign me up
Question on this, and :bag: in advance.

Do you have to load a Wawa gift card (which I understand you link to the app on your phone) and use the funds on the gift card to get rewards points/participate in promotions? I asked a cashier and we just went in circles last weekend.

I'd :wub: this if I could just buy a gift card once, link it, and use my CC for all Wawa transactions and swipe the linked gift card for the rewards points. If you have to continuously load the linked gift card to get rewards, I'm out.
as far as I understand it you got to reload a new gift card every time
:(

Thanks for the response, though.
One gift card and you can absolutely link it so it auto reloads by credit card for a preset amount. I automatically reload for $50 when it hits $10 left. Bad news is you do not get rewards for gas purchases, just store purchases.
cool thx. that's not how it was explained to me
In the app you can auto-reload as follows:Manage cards>Click the one card you loaded into the app>Reload > Manage Auto Reload and then it lets you say at what dollar level to reload an how much to reload with. I will say that it does take a day to reload when you go low, so if you do what I do and both myself and my wife use same log in details to get rewards faster, you can overwhelm it when the balance is low if you both go around the same time, but you will see the low balance and can force reload it using the saved card too.
Downloaded the app. Do you have to sign in every time you use the app/phone to pay?
I have it remembering the user name and I have to password in maybe once every 10 times it seems. I just start hitting into the app as I am heading for the register so I will be ready when the cashier is ready. Love how fast it goes when I am timed right.

They didn’t start selling gas until the late 90s when they started building the “Super Wawas”.

I live near store #1 that was built 1964 and about 2 years ago they planned on closing that store so they could open a “Super Wawa” a few blocks away and people lost their minds. They finally reconsidered and closed the next closet store and opened up the Super Wawa next to that location. If John Bender still lives in the area then that’s probably the one that he goes to.
Store #1 closes this Friday when the new store at 420 and MacDade opens. Now I have to go an extra 3 blocks.  :rant:

Damn. 

That was my home base every morning for many years. 
Yeah I've read they're really leaning and pushing hard on owners of non "Super Wawa" stores who are grandfathered to not have gas pumps to get with the program. That's probably the reason any time you see a Wawa closing that didn't have gas previously, and one open up right nearby that has gas pumps.

Yeah I've read they're really leaning and pushing hard on owners of non "Super Wawa" stores who are grandfathered to not have gas pumps to get with the program. That's probably the reason any time you see a Wawa closing that didn't have gas previously, and one open up right nearby that has gas pumps.
"Owners"? The stores are all owned by Wawa. Though you are correct that they are trying to close all the old smaller stores. 

If they ever close the one around the corner from me, i won't be going out of my way for the new one that opened up.  Way too far.

"Owners"? The stores are all owned by Wawa. Though you are correct that they are trying to close all the old smaller stores. 
:bag: thought they were franchised for some reason. But yeah, I've seen the non-gas ones close and a gas Wawa open up right near it in a few places around me.

There's still a couple non gas ones on my commute. I don't think they'll change them because there simply is no where to put a gas one and they do business. They carved a nook in a shopping center for one and it is always mobbed. The gas one is about 5 mins away and that is always mobbed. I don't think they could handle the overload at the gas one if they shut the little one down. 

The last few times I've been back home (central NJ), I've been to a couple different Wawas and each time the sandwich prep has been subpar. Why stuff all the veggies in the fold of the sandwich so half bites are meat/cheese and the other half are full veggie? 

I'm hoping it's a short term fluke. 

Right when I head down he shore. I know what I'll be eating all next week.
My shore weekend Saturday morning go-to is a Classic SEC with jalapenos, S&P and pepper jack cheese. I treat myself to the Applewood smoked bacon add-on for another $1 and change and it works out to $6 and change for a gigantic, delicious breakfast sandwich that is effectively breakfast and lunch.

There's still a couple non gas ones on my commute. I don't think they'll change them because there simply is no where to put a gas one and they do business. They carved a nook in a shopping center for one and it is always mobbed. The gas one is about 5 mins away and that is always mobbed. I don't think they could handle the overload at the gas one if they shut the little one down. 
Hit and miss. There were two non gas ones in my town. One is still going strong and I'd be surprised if they closed it since there's not a quick sandwich shop nearby and it's walking distance to a high school. The other one has already been shut down, but it's on a busy road with a lot of other options. A new convenience store opened up there and the lot is virtually empty every time I've been by.

Last edited by a moderator:
 There's s till a couple non gas ones on my commute. I don't think they'll change them because there simply is no where to put a gas one and they do business. They carved a nook in a shopping center for one and it is always mobbed. The gas one is about 5 mins away and that is always mobbed. I don't think they could handle the overload at the gas one if they shut the little one down. 
Yeah.  They actually just refurbished a non gas one near me.

its a gold mine

There's s till a couple non gas ones on my commute. I don't think they'll change them because there simply is no where to put a gas one and they do business. They carved a nook in a shopping center for one and it is always mobbed. The gas one is about 5 mins away and that is always mobbed. I don't think they could handle the overload at the gas one if they shut the little one down. 
Yeah.  They actually just refurbished a non gas one near me.

its a gold mine

Double meat gets you a lot closer to a more serious philly hoagie.  Don't get me wrong, I like a wawa hoagie much better than every other chain (except primos) but they just don't compare to any number of philly area sandwich shops.

They're supposed to open a bunch in this area in the next couple of year.

Good news is I'm heading to St. Pete area for vacation next week and there are multiples in that area.

Double meat gets you a lot closer to a more serious philly hoagie.  Don't get me wrong, I like a wawa hoagie much better than every other chain (except primos) but they just don't compare to any number of philly area sandwich shops.
And I don't think they're trying to take on that market. They do their thing which is cheap, decent sandwiches fast. They'll never be as good as a real Philly hoagie. And I think they're ok with that.

Hit and miss. There were two non gas ones in my town. One is still going strong and I'd be surprised if they closed it since there's not a quick sandwich shop nearby and it's walking distance to a high school. The other one has already been shut down, but it's on a busy road with a lot of other options. A new convenience store opened up there and the lot is virtually empty every time I've been by.
The one on route 9?

Sadly yes, near Gordons Corner. 
Oh man.  I couldn't tell you how many times I had $10 to my name as a teenager... $8 would go towards buying as much cheap beer as humanly possible at Marlboro Liquors on 79 and the other $2 would go to that Wawa at Gordon's Corner for 2 hotdogs with unlimited toppings.  I had mastered getting about a pound of chili on 2 hot dogs so it would be enough food to last from about 3 PM through the end of the night, leaving me enough cash to buy about 18 cheap brews.  Sweating, farting, chili stains on my shirt.... hellooooooooooooooo ladies !

Marlboro Liquors didn't card people? Maybe you just looked like an older dude. 
Hell no. I looked like a teenager until I was about 27. That place absolutely did not give a ####. My brother bought his first 12 pack in there at 15 years old. Now he looked a little older than he was but no way either of us looked 21. There was a place right by the Monmouth Mall that would sell to anyone too, we called it Rover's, but I honestly don't know if that was the real name of the place or not. Grieco's Beer & Keg Headquarters on 35 right before Point Pleasant was the place to go for a keg if you were underage. 

Well, in my neighborhood we bought nudie mags before we were of proper age. One time I bought Cheri and Gallery and Hustler when 16. The clerk in Krauszer's asked if I was 18. I said yes. 

I ordered a Wawa gas card hoping to save 5 cents a gallon.  They sent me the card in the mail, and unlike any other credit card I have ever received nowhere did it say "call this number to activate".  There was a number behind the card that said "call to add additional cards at no extra cost".  Ok, that must be it so I call.  While waiting I decided to try and do it online, which they actually directed me back to the phone number.  After 20 minutes on the phone the customer service rep was unable to answer the simple question of whether I needed to get the card activated.  She had me hold several times, and I ended up just having her cancel the account.  Of course she was difficult to understand and couldn't transfer me to a supervisor.  I tried to call this morning to verify the account was closed and even hit the number to say card was stolen. It said to call back during regular business hours.  So if your card is stolen you need to wait until Monday to even report it.  Also, there isn't even a chip in the card.  Pretty bad experience all around.  Not worth 5 cents a gallon.  /Rant

I ordered a Wawa gas card hoping to save 5 cents a gallon.  They sent me the card in the mail, and unlike any other credit card I have ever received nowhere did it say "call this number to activate".  There was a number behind the card that said "call to add additional cards at no extra cost".  Ok, that must be it so I call.  While waiting I decided to try and do it online, which they actually directed me back to the phone number.  After 20 minutes on the phone the customer service rep was unable to answer the simple question of whether I needed to get the card activated.  She had me hold several times, and I ended up just having her cancel the account.  Of course she was difficult to understand and couldn't transfer me to a supervisor.  I tried to call this morning to verify the account was closed and even hit the number to say card was stolen. It said to call back during regular business hours.  So if your card is stolen you need to wait until Monday to even report it.  Also, there isn't even a chip in the card.  Pretty bad experience all around.  Not worth 5 cents a gallon.  /Rant
Wasn't it the credit/gas card accounts that had the data breach? 

How have I missed this. I lived on Sheetz in college in early 2000s and it’s much better now. But would drive by a Sheetz to get to a Wawa.
Cajun turkey and 🥨

Went to a Buc-ees in Texas the other day and let me tell you, it picks wawas right up and throws it in the dumpster. Amazing place. 

Went to a Buc-ees in Texas the other day and let me tell you, it picks wawas right up and throws it in the dumpster. Amazing place. 
Bucees is on a different level.  It's kind of like saying a high end steak house is WAY better than Burger King.  Of course it is.  But there's also only like 15 or so of them, right?  

I love their beef jerky section.

Heard a ranking of convenience stores the other day in the U.S.: Number 2, Wawa. Number 1, Buc-cees.

The key to Buc-cees is they are usually on major highways and they have great bathrooms. Lot of toilets, extremely clean, and the stalls are literally individual where you have floor to ceilings walls surrounding you and a full door to the stall. Very private. Everyone stops to use the bathrooms and Buc-cees cleans up in selling lots of different food and merchandise. 

Heard a ranking of convenience stores the other day in the U.S.: Number 2, Wawa. Number 1, Buc-cees.

The key to Buc-cees is they are usually on major highways and they have great bathrooms. Lot of toilets, extremely clean, and the stalls are literally individual where you have floor to ceilings walls surrounding you and a full door to the stall. Very private. Everyone stops to use the bathrooms and Buc-cees cleans up in selling lots of different food and merchandise. 
The other key is they are the size of a WalMart.  And they have about 100 gas/diesel pumps.  My first Buc-cees visit was actually a little overwhelming.  

Users who are viewing this thread