What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Way too early Auction draft. How did I do? (1 Viewer)

brn0906

Footballguy
12 team ppr with kick and punt return yards. Start Qb, rb x2, wr x2, te, op. $225 budget.

Qbs: Alex Smith $12, Tyrod Taylor $7, Ryan Tannehill $2 

RBs: Le'Veon Bell $75, Todd Gurley II $80, Carlos Hyde $5

WRs: Marvin Jones Jr. $7, JuJu Smith-Schuster $5 (keeper), Michael Crabtree $14, Devin Funchess $2, Tyler Lockett $3, Robby Anderson $2

TEs: Greg Olsen $9, Eric Ebron $1

Went with a different strategy than usual. Felt like the wr pool was strong especially with punt/kick return yards so I went really heavy early on Bell and Gurley. Not a great QB2 situation and I could use another rb. But I think I got some really good bargains at WR.

Let me know your thoughts! Thanks everybody!

12 team ppr with kick and punt return yards. Start Qb, rb x2, wr x2, te, op. $225 budget.

WRs: Marvin Jones Jr. $7, JuJu Smith-Schuster $5 (keeper), Michael Crabtree $14, Devin Funchess $2, Tyler Lockett $3, Robby Anderson $2

Went with a different strategy than usual. Felt like the wr pool was strong especially with punt/kick return yards so I went really heavy early on Bell and Gurley. Not a great QB2 situation and I could use another rb. But I think I got some really good bargains at WR.

Is the OP a superflex?

I think you spent too much for both Bell and Gurley.  You are really weak at QB2.  While you have some depth at WR, but except for JuJu, you have a bunch of WR3s which will give you a headache as to who starts which week.  You really need JuJu to break out, but his upside is capped due to Brown being such a stud.

I like a studs strategy, but I think you went a little overboard.  You're going to be weak at both QB spots and both WR spots, while being average at TE.  Not sure if the advantage Bell and Gurley gives you will overcome 4 weak spots in a superflex.  It could work, so be very proactive on the WW.

Good luck.

I'm, somehow, not that worried about wr tbh. In this format Juju was a top 15 wr and Lockett (who had a really poor year as a wr) was top 25. Juju may come down to earth a bit but I think Lockett takes a good step forward with Richardson leaving and Baldwin missing the whole preseason. They should also be down a good bit this year.

QB2 is my biggest worry. Tyrod should be fine early...but if/when they turn to Mayfield I'm in trouble there. My biggest regret of the draft was not spending up a bit more on a QB2.

I'm fine with Olsen at TE...figure he'll be 5th or 6th if he stays healthy. If Luck stays healthy I could see Ebron surprising people.

I too thought I spent too much on Bell/Gurley but I was determined to stick to my plan. Felt a lot better later on. Here are some of the other notable rbs (Zeke, hunt, and Kamara were keepers): Saquon $75, David Johnson $70, Cook $64, fournette $61, Freeman $56, Howard $47, McCaffrey $44, McKinnon $42, Guice $34. I mean, I kind of helped create that by setting the market for rbs so high, but better than having everyone bid up all the wrs.

I'd rate it a C-. Your QB's are clearly an issue as well as being extremely thin at RB. Yes you have two studs but you would have been better off with 1 stud RB and a number of RB2's or RB3's. You also overspent on Crabtree in comparison to the other guys you got. I would have rather had both McKinnon and Guice rather than one of your studs. One minor injury and you are done.

I like it, you just need to find a waiver wire back for the bye weeks and you will be fine. I love your receivers. I am not sure where people are getting all these wr3 types. Last year both Anderson and Marvin Jones were top 20 in ppr for ppg. Obviously QB is going to be a problem, but you might be able to make a move if a guy like Funchess or Crabtree start hot. You did kill the receivers though for the prices. 3 guys that were all top 25 last year for 14 dollars.

Beerbuff-

Not worried about Alex Smith. Wont be #3 qb like last year but I think hell be a qb1. Qb2 is definitely an issue I'll have to work on.

Rb depth is an issue but I think it's something I can remedy through waivers or trades. Would much rather have a known stud in bell/Gurley over unknowns like guice (and to an extent McKinnon on a new team, tho I do think he'll be a good rb this season).

Got crabtree earlier in the draft when people still had money to spend. Later on guys got cheaper due to less money overall and guys not needing wrs anymore.

MSU-

Yea I think after week 1 or 2 I'll be able to move a receiver or 2 for a back and qb.

6 wrs all top 33 in this league last year for $33. With the return yards guys like juju and Lockett are even better. Lockett only had like 50 catches 500ish yards and 2 TDs and was a top 25 wr in this format. Even a modest bump in wr production with Baldwin hurt and richardson gone and he'll be a high to mid wr2 imo.

Users who are viewing this thread