What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

We have pope (1 Viewer)

Time to shut it down.  Someone needs to come out and basically say sorry folks, but Christianity is coming to an end. Thanks for your support over the years.  God is still up there looking over everyone and if you want to start a new religion feel free, but we're done here.  
I wouldn't go that far but I think had the Pope excommunicated every cardinal, bishop and other high ranking clergy in the church that took part in the scandal AND allow priests to marry AND allow women to serve as priests it might be viewed as trying to fix the problem.   Instead he just gives it lip service.

I wouldn't go that far but I think had the Pope excommunicated every cardinal, bishop and other high ranking clergy in the church that took part in the scandal AND allow priests to marry AND allow women to serve as priests it might be viewed as trying to fix the problem.   Instead he just gives it lip service.
He would have to excommunicate himself!!!

There is a reason Paul said do not forbid people to marry.

The extra-Biblical stances of the Catholic Church are at the core of this problem.  They lost their way theologically centuries ago.  Luther tried to get them to fix it and they refused to relent.  Power hungry and greedy, they are the Sudducees/Pharisees of today and the very false prophets Paul warned us about.

More damage is done to humanity by one false teacher than 10,000 atheists.
From: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47134033?fbclid=IwAR3cUyAOKbUiYuTHIlYkFUUqp1_jA9B9bDyCCp9UNZXOIRjk4WkHqHXmne4

Pope admits clerical abuse of nuns including sexual slavery

Organized crime group. Bust 'em up.

“When a sister becomes pregnant, the priest insists that she have an abortion,’’ the report added. ‘‘The sister is usually dismissed from her congregation while the priest is often only moved to another parish — or sent for studies.”

African bishops briefed at the time decried the reporting of abuse as “disloyal.”

---

In 2013, the Rev. Anthony Musaala, a priest in Kampala, Uganda, was suspended and forced to apologize for raising concerns about his fellow priests engaging in sexual relationships with women, including nuns.

There is a reason Paul said do not forbid people to marry.

The extra-Biblical stances of the Catholic Church are at the core of this problem.  They lost their way theologically centuries ago.  Luther tried to get them to fix it and they refused to relent.  Power hungry and greedy, they are the Sudducees/Pharisees of today and the very false prophets Paul warned us about.

More damage is done to humanity by one false teacher than 10,000 atheists.
How does 10,000, or any number of people, not believing in an imaginary friend in the sky do damage to humanity exactly?  

Summit on clergy sex abuse... https://www.npr.org/2019/02/24/697498640/pope-calls-for-all-out-battle-on-clergy-sex-abuse-with-few-specifics  Pope calls for "all out battle".  Necessary step in the right direction or lip service?  I suspect the latter.  
I'm going with "other".

I don't think he's being insincere but I also don't think he gets it.

Time for a pope willing to crack some skulls and shake up the current power structure at the diocesan level.  An American pope perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread