What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

We have pope (1 Viewer)

I hope its Pittsburgh Steeler Leonard Pope. Cause then we could call him Pope Lenny. Actually, that was pretty stupid.

I'm not Catholic, but all schtick aside, I enjoy the tradition of picking a new pope.
Yeah, but the previous Pope not being dead really take a lot of the juice out of it. It's one thing when they're replacing a dead guy with someone else who's going to hold the office until he's a dead guy.Now it's just kind of like another job interview.

I'm not Catholic, but all schtick aside, I enjoy the tradition of picking a new pope.
Yeah, but the previous Pope not being dead really take a lot of the juice out of it. It's one thing when they're replacing a dead guy with someone else who's going to hold the office until he's a dead guy.Now it's just kind of like another job interview.
I actually think it is more important since the previous pope is still alive. That doesn't happen very often.

33:1 Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio (Argentina)

Wow, good money could have been made, love these clowns on Fox news saying he was one of the ones they thought was going to be Pope

Well, I was thinking, at least it won't be another Nazi, but since he's from Argentina, who knows? That's where they all fled after WWII.

huge shockerIt’s Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Major reach. He would have been there in the 3rd.
:lmao: Kills two birds with one stone.Appeases people who wanted to break the European grip on the papacy and the people who wanted to appeal the large Hispanic Catholic population by picking a South American.Somewhat appeases old school people who prefer an Italian pope by picking a guy of Italian ancestry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I was thinking, at least it won't be another Nazi, but since he's from Argentina, who knows? That's where they all fled after WWII.
Early yearsBirth, education and priesthood

Born: Dec. 17, 1936, in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Education: Studied at Theological Faculty of San Miguel. Received licentiate in philosophy.

Ordained for the Jesuits on Dec. 13, 1969.

Languages: Besides his native Spanish, Bergoglio also speaks Italian and German.

Users who are viewing this thread