What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 02 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Chaka

Footballguy
This is where we ask questions and offer help. And thank you to all of the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Mayfield vs Den or Matt Ryan @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

Let's kick off Week 2!

I always post results of my head-2-head choices for the previous week and keep a season long tally. I compare those results to the results if I used a coin toss instead.

I don't keep a tally when asked to choose between more than two players because I'm not sure how to score it and don't want to get into fractions to keep the tally.

Week 1:
I went 28-18-3 in my calls and the coin toss went 23-21-3

I'll start:

12 Team, Super-flex, PPR

Lost Elijah Mitchell so looking for my Flex

Amon Ra v Washington
D.Henderson v Atl
N Hines @ Jax
James Robinson v Indy
Jordan Mason v Sea
Renfrow v Ari

I think it has to be Amon Ra v Washington but there are some other tasty options in there but I have no idea how to order them.

ARSB>D.Henderson>J.Robinson>N.Hines>Renfrow>Mason

Last edited:
I'll start:

12 Team, Super-flex, PPR

D.Henderson v Atl
N Hines @ Jax
Jordan Mason v Sea
James Robinson v Indy
Renfrow v Ari
Amon Ra v Washington

I think it has to be Amon Ra v Washington but there are some other tasty options in there but I have no idea how to order them.

I find it interesting that each week so far you post all your pick A or B stats but then start with a question that gives 5 or 6 options.

I'll start:

12 Team, Super-flex, PPR

D.Henderson v Atl
N Hines @ Jax
Jordan Mason v Sea
James Robinson v Indy
Renfrow v Ari
Amon Ra v Washington

I find it interesting that each week so far you post all your pick A or B stats but then start with a question that gives 5 or 6 options.
Not sure what to tell you. I have tried several different ways to allot points to multiple calls like this one. Do I assign arbitrary fractional values to each player in the progression? Do I simply give myself a win for every guy ASRB outperforms and a loss for every one that outperforms ASRB? Then give points for Henderson's W/L against everyone all the way down the line?

The distinctions feel arbitrary and lead me to believe I will create bias in the system.

Keeping score on straight H2H calls seems the most honest.

I am open to other models, if you have any suggestions.

14 Team .. No PPR

IF Higgins is unable to play who should I start .. PICK 1

Dionte Johnson vs NE
Hollywood Brown @ LV
Brandon Aiyuk vs Seattle

I guess I don’t see why it’s necessary to keep score at all.

We all make the best suggestions based on our reasoning at the time and buena suerte.

Seems simpler to just move on to the next week.

14 Team .. No PPR

IF Higgins is unable to play who should I start ..

Dionte Johnson vs NE
Hollywood Brown @ LV
Brandon Aiyuk vs Seattle
Higgins if he plays for sure

If he doesn’t, I’d go with Johnson & Brown. I’d like to see more than 2 targets before I start recommending Aiyuk.

I say this as an Aiyuk shareholder. :(

14 Team .. No PPR

IF Higgins is unable to play who should I start ..

Dionte Johnson vs NE
Hollywood Brown @ LV
Brandon Aiyuk vs Seattle
Higgins if he plays for sure

If he doesn’t, I’d go with Johnson & Brown. I’d like to see more than 2 targets before I start recommending Aiyuk.

I say this as an Aiyuk shareholder. :(
Sorry .. forgot to mention... Pick 1 of Johnson or Brown

I guess I don’t see why it’s necessary to keep score at all.

We all make the best suggestions based on our reasoning at the time and buena suerte.

Seems simpler to just move on to the next week.
Accountability. If I am worse than a coin flip, I think people in this thread might want to know that before deciding how to process my advice.

Not sure what to tell you. I have tried several different ways to allot points to multiple calls like this one. Do I assign arbitrary fractional values to each player in the progression? Do I simply give myself a win for every guy ASRB outperforms and a loss for every one that outperforms ASRB? Then give points for Henderson's W/L against everyone all the way down the line?

The distinctions feel arbitrary and lead me to believe I will create bias in the system.

I totally understand why you only track two choice calls. I just found it interesting that your first post has always been a multi player situation. Just an observation......not a denouncement.

For the multi calls like yours, maybe the best way is to break it into A & B calls like a bracket.

• Henderson vs Hines
  • Mason vs Robinson
  • Renfrow vs ARSB

Then down to

• Henderson vs Robinson
  • ARSB vs winner of Henderson/Robinson
Final of

• Henderson vs ARSB..........ASRSB winner

That way you get 5 different H2H choices and I think it gets you to the "right" answer (at least as good as you can). Just an idea.

Accountability. If I am worse than a coin flip, I think people in this thread might want to know that before deciding how to process my advice.
This topic wasn’t intended to anoint anyone as a guru though. It was intended as a place for everyone to help everyone (and reduce the large number of WSIS topics on the mange).

Happy you took the initiative, but you’re putting too much pressure on yourself.

The very notion of holding anyone accountable for generously, freely offered advice would seem to go against the spirit of the topic.

14 Team .. No PPR

IF Higgins is unable to play who should I start .. PICK 1

Dionte Johnson vs NE
Hollywood Brown @ LV
Brandon Aiyuk vs Seattle
I was high on Aiyuk coming into this season, and still am but I am definitely pumping the breaks a little bit. The weather was a big part of the ugliness in Chicago last week but it doesn't really account for only 2 targets while Deebo got 8 and Jauan Jennings got 6. Conditions will be better and Seattle lost Jamaal Adams but I would still take a wait and see on Aiyuk.

Marquise Brown has the nicer matchup on paper and the better passing QB. I didn't see this game but it is a little concerning that he couldn't produce more in a game where Arizona trailed from the start. The Raiders defense is still an unknown and they did a great job holding the Chargers to 24 total points and 0 in the fourth quarter. It will be interesting to see how both teams respond to tough week one losses. My money is on Brown to have a nice game, but I also think Ertz is going to be a factor if he remains healthy.

Mediocre QB, almost zero running game, bad offensive line. Ugh. But Dionte came out and was the clear #1WR with 12 targets, unfortunately they were 12 passes on short routes hoping Dionte could break one off, but you need a QB who can hit you in stride to make that happen and Trubisky did not. I don't know how to feel about this matchup but I am very down on New England this season and even without TJ Watt I think Pittsburgh could simply overwhelm New England similar to how the Dolphins did. Yeah, it is tough to call the Steelers ATM.

Since I'm betting with your money, I lean towards the better QB in the more interesting matchup.

Marquise>Dionte>>Aiyuk

I totally understand why you only track two choice calls. I just found it interesting that your first post has always been a multi player situation. Just an observation......not a denouncement.

For the multi calls like yours, maybe the best way is to break it into A & B calls like a bracket.

• Henderson vs Hines
  • Mason vs Robinson
  • Renfrow vs ARSB

Then down to

• Henderson vs Robinson
  • ARSB vs winner of Henderson/Robinson
Final of

• Henderson vs ARSB..........ASRSB winner

That way you get 5 different H2H choices and I think it gets you to the "right" answer (at least as good as you can). Just an idea.
Interesting but would you track all five and tally the W/L at the end of the day or just the final ASRB v Henderson. I'm fine with that, and my ranked choice essentially boils down to ARSB>Henderson but tracking all five is going to lead to a couple hundred matchups for me to track at the end of the week. I love you guys but I don't think I have the capacity for that.

I will do a better job parsing my options before posting in here as, realistically this week Renfrow and Mason are players I would recommend for everyone else to wait a week on, so I should have done that myself. I'll edit my post.

This topic wasn’t intended to anoint anyone as a guru though. It was intended as a place for everyone to help everyone (and reduce the large number of WSIS topics on the mange).

Happy you took the initiative, but you’re putting too much pressure on yourself.

The very notion of holding anyone accountable for generously, freely offered advice would seem to go against the spirit of the topic.
Thanks man but I enjoy tracking my results so please don't worry on that. Besides, I can't tell you the number of times I would like to see some real life or fantasy proexperundit go back to their calls and own them, be it the NFL draft, playoff predictions in the preseason or magic football advice.

As Captain Picard said in the iconic TNG episode Tapestry (season 6 episode 15): "We must hold ourselves to a higher standard" :nerd:

Thanks man but I enjoy tracking my results so please don't worry on that. Besides, I can't tell you the number of times I would like to see some real life or fantasy proexperundit go back to their calls and own them, be it the NFL draft, playoff predictions in the preseason or magic football advice.

As Captain Picard said in the iconic TNG episode Tapestry (season 6 episode 15): "We must hold ourselves to a higher standard" :nerd:
As long as you’re ok with it, have fun.

I just don’t think it would be fair for anyone to judge anyone’s picks in here.

I give the best advice i have at the time and hope for the best. If I make a bad call, or a good call, refunds are available at 100% of the amount paid for said advice (to paraphrase).
;)

Interesting but would you track all five and tally the W/L at the end of the day or just the final ASRB v Henderson. I'm fine with that, and my ranked choice essentially boils down to ARSB>Henderson but tracking all five is going to lead to a couple hundred matchups for me to track at the end of the week. I love you guys but I don't think I have the capacity for that.
It's all about the work you want to give yourself....hahahaha More data is always better but I understand the apprehension. In essence, by default, you are doing all the "bracket" choices in your head to come up with the final two players anyway. That is what happens every week as you fill out your lineup. It just depends how many "decisions" you want to track.

I agree it was intended for group advice but having a scorecard is beneficial. I have thought about doing that for myself as well as I would like to know how well I do. I just haven't had the drive to follow through. I give Chaka a bunch of credit for tracking like that. It allows for you to change your process if you aren't getting the results you want. If you don't track you will never know how well you are doing and if your process works.

I agree it was intended for group advice but having a scorecard is beneficial. I have thought about doing that for myself as well as I would like to know how well I do. I just haven't had the drive to follow through. I give Chaka a bunch of credit for tracking like that. It allows for you to change your process if you aren't getting the results you want. If you don't track you will never know how well you are doing and if your process works.
When I don't track my data, I am always super awesome!

Where is your trust level with Lamb? Particularly with respect to the Dak injury? I was pretty deflated by 2 catches (though lots of targets) is he trustworthy with a new QB? I guess I don't want to bench my second rounder yet but struggling with what to do with him. With that said, need 2 from the following 4, non-ppr:

Lamb vs Bengals - Ugh, no idea what to expect
or
J.Williams vs Houston - expected a 65/45ish split but kinda spooked by MG getting nearly twice as many carries but too early to get too spooked right?
or
A.Gibson @ Detroit - had a similar game to Williams, lots of catches and good matchup, Lions are tragic against the run
or
R.Penny @ Niners - ran decently well first game but this looks a brutal matchup

Thank you

Oh for sure - not knocking the dude at all. It just seemed like he was putting a lot of pressure on himself with that.

But hey, if he’s good with it, all good. I just see it as a place for everyone to advise everyone and wouldn’t want anyone to get ripped on if they have a bad record of giving free advice.

I also hope it doesn’t discourage others from offering WSIS advice thinking either they’re going to be judged for it, or that it’s “chaka’s house of advice” when reality is, the more the merrier.

No slight on @Chaka whatsoever.

Where is your trust level with Lamb? Particularly with respect to the Dak injury? I was pretty deflated by 2 catches (though lots of targets) is he trustworthy with a new QB? I guess I don't want to bench my second rounder yet but struggling with what to do with him. With that said, need 2 from the following 4, non-ppr:

or
J.Williams vs Houston - expected a 65/45ish split but kinda spooked by MG getting nearly twice as many carries but too early to get too spooked right?
or
A.Gibson @ Detroit - had a similar game to Williams, lots of catches and good matchup, Lions are tragic against the run
or

Thank you
Having seen Cooper Rush play, I have zero confidence in Lamb.

I considered Lamb overrated as a late 1st/early 2nd with Dak behind center.

That said, there’s an outside possibility that Rush uses Lamb as a security blanket and forces the ball to him an unrealistic number of targets. I’d bet more that distinction goes to Schultz though.

And again, it’s Cooper Rush, so I wouldn’t expect good results either way.

or
or
or

Thank you
Wow. You have an embarrassment of good options to cover for Lamb if you are sour on him. I am down on Lamb too. There is no shame in not performing against TB but, that was much worse than any of us expected. Cincinnati is an interesting matchup because they can clearly put up points, if they can stop shooting themselves in the foot. Against the Dallas defense that is no guarantee. Cooper Rush may lock in on Lamb. Last year in his only start he locked in on Amari 13 times but Lamb still got 8 targets and Schultz got 7 so he will distribute the ball a little bit. I would hate to be wrong about fading Lamb because of Rush but you definitely have other good options so I am fading Lamb because of Rush and the slow start last week.

I start Javonte v Houston all day every day over any of these guys. 65% split was never in the cards and his ADP reflected that, it's going to be 55% all year barring injury. But that translated into 19 opportunities last night. That workload will continue but the distribution will likely change. 12 targets should be his high water mark for the season. Javonte is a 3 down + goal line (as is Melvin) and will continue to see very good volume and continue to have scoring opportunities.

I like Penny a lot but I see Seattle as a low volume offense. It was hard to tell but they managed something like 49 plays last night and only got that many because of a bunch of stupid penalties. I think Penny can manage to break something off from anywhere but it's a tough road matchup so I wouldn't necessarily expect another 15 opportunities this week.

Gibson did everything on Sunday. He's the clear featured back and on the field in virtually all situations plus the Detroit defense looks vulnerable to the...well, everything.

To me Javonte and Gibson are the clear choices.

Last edited:
Both Leagues PPR
RBs (need 2)
Etiene or Robinson vs Indy
Edmonds @ Bal
Wilson Vs Sea
Pollard Vs Cinci

League 2
RB (Pick 1)
Wilson Vs Sea
Pollard Vs Cinci
Also have Dobbins Vs Mia but he is coming back from an injury

Both Leagues PPR
RBs (need 2)
Edmonds @ Bal
Wilson Vs Sea
Pollard Vs Cinci

I like the idea of starting both ETN & Robinson.

If that doesn’t make you feel comfortable, I’d probably go with Wilson/Robinson

League 2
RB (Pick 1)
Wilson Vs Sea
Pollard Vs Cinci
Also have Dobbins Vs Mia but he is coming back from an injury
I agree I’d wait one more week on Dobbins.
Wilson is the easy call.

Because of how I drafted (opting for the later tiers of WRs)...Im likely going to have the same questions all year pulling 2 WRs from this group (standard lineups standard non-ppr scoring)

DJ Moore @NYG
Gabe Davis vs TN
Marquise Brown @LV
Brandin Cooks @Den
recently added Julio Jones @NO (chose between Julio and Samuel to pick up...go back and forth on which one Id rather have).

pulling 2 WRs from this group

DJ Moore @NYG
Gabe Davis vs TN
Marquise Brown @LV
Brandin Cooks @Den
recently added Julio Jones @NO (chose between Julio and Samuel to pick up...go back and forth on which one Id rather have).
Because it’s non-PPR, I’d say Gabe Davis is a lock for his nose for the end zone.

I’d start Moore just because he has the highest upside and likely safest floor. Hard to trust Baker to find him though, and Cooks is probably a coin flip here.

That’s who I’d start (and I am starting both across different leagues, along with Cooks)

Both Leagues PPR
RBs (need 2)
Edmonds @ Bal
Wilson Vs Sea
Pollard Vs Cinci

I like the idea of starting both ETN & Robinson.

If that doesn’t make you feel comfortable, I’d probably go with Wilson/Robinson
I would disagree with starting ETN and Robinson together. Just not sure it's potent enough of an offense to start both.

I would actually go with Edmonds and Robinson. Wilson seems to be the guy this week, but with Shanahan indicating he's going to ride the hot hand, that could turn out to be on of the other guys.

DJ Moore @NYG
Gabe Davis vs TN
Marquise Brown @LV
Brandin Cooks @Den
Because it’s non-PPR, I’d say Gabe Davis is a lock for his nose for the end zone.

I’d start Moore just because he has the highest upside and likely safest floor. Hard to trust Baker to find him though, and Cooks is probably a coin flip here.

That’s who I’d start (and I am starting both across different leagues, along with Cooks)

Yeah..that is where the lean is at the moment. Had I not lost a QB and had to make a move...my next move was going to be to try and acquire a more consistent WR vs these same coin flips each week.

DJ Moore @NYG
Gabe Davis vs TN
Marquise Brown @LV
Brandin Cooks @Den

Yeah..that is where the lean is at the moment. Had I not lost a QB and had to make a move...my next move was going to be to try and acquire a more consistent WR vs these same coin flips each week.
I could see packaging a couple for a QB.

but with Shanahan indicating he's going to ride the hot hand, that could turn out to be on of the other guys.
IMO that’s just Shanny being Shanny.

Wilson knows the offense better than any of the scrubs left available. I doubt they’re very involved, but I do understand the Shanahan paranoia. Dude has everyone second guessing everything, which is exactly what he loves.

Wilson should get a heavy workload in this game.

need 2 from the following 4, non-ppr:

or
or
or

Javonte & the Commanders RB

Because of how I drafted (opting for the later tiers of WRs)...Im likely going to have the same questions all year pulling 2 WRs from this group (standard lineups standard non-ppr scoring)

DJ Moore @NYG
Gabe Davis vs TN
Marquise Brown @LV
Brandin Cooks @Den
Non PPR so I would definitely go Davis but I might go with Brown over Moore (Close call). It is easy to make a case for all 4 of these WRs.

DJ Moore @NYG
Gabe Davis vs TN
Marquise Brown @LV
Brandin Cooks @Den
I am in the same boat with different WRs.......

Out of these 4, Davis is definitely in in non PPR. Most likely to score a TD. I would probably go with Hollywood......more likely to get the big play and ARI-LV should be a high scoring affair.

DJ Moore @NYG
Gabe Davis vs TN
Marquise Brown @LV
Brandin Cooks @Den

I could see packaging a couple for a QB.
Already moved for a QB (traded James Robinson for Brady)

2 WRs from this group (standard lineups standard non-ppr scoring)

DJ Moore @NYG
Gabe Davis vs TN
Marquise Brown @LV
Brandin Cooks @Den

Gabe Davis s/b an autostart

Second one is tougher

Brown>Cooks>Moore>Julio - but they should all be Top 24 so it's pretty close

DJ Moore @NYG
Gabe Davis vs TN
Marquise Brown @LV
Brandin Cooks @Den
Non PPR so I would definitely go Davis but I might go with Brown over Moore (Close call). It is easy to make a case for all 4 of these WRs.
Agree - no bad choices.

Pick 2 WR from this group for my WR3 and flex.

Renfrow vs AZ, C Samuel at DET, London at LAR, Bateman vs MIA

Samuel for sure - love the matchup (hate the matchup from a Lions fan perspective)

Bateman>London>Aiyuk but it's close - all seem like low end WR3 this week to me

[sorry wrong reply here - but I have Renfrow in WR3 territory this week so all good]

Last edited:
Pick 2 WR from this group for my WR3 and flex.

Renfrow vs AZ, C Samuel at DET, London at LAR, Bateman vs MIA
Renfrow + Bateman

I don’t fully trust Samuel as a reliable weekly asset yet, and I have a feeling the Rams secondary is going to come out motivated after they got burnt in the opener. Especially Ramsey, who I expect to cover London.

Users who are viewing this thread