What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 08 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Chaka

Footballguy
This is where we ask questions and offer help. And thank you to all of the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Mayfield vs Den or Matt Ryan @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

Let's kick off Week 8!

I always post results of my head-2-head choices for the previous week and keep a season long tally. I compare those results to the results if I used a coin toss instead.

I don't keep a tally when asked to choose between more than two players because I'm not sure how to score it and don't want to get into fractions to keep the tally.

Week 5:
I went 19-10-4 in my calls and it was a rough week for the coin toss with 12-17-4

On the season I am: 138-109-15 and the coin to1ss is 117-130-15

On to Week 8

I'll start but I need a little more info before anything becomes clear.

Super-flex PPR
QB 2 decision:
Goff v Miami
QB Saints v Las Vegas

RB 2 decision (starting Gus Edwards v TB):
DeAndre Swift v Miami
Jamaal Williams v Miami
James Robinson v New England
Khalil Herbert @ Dallas

Flex:
A RB from above or
Courtland Sutton @ Jacksonville

Standard scoring - since i'm already starting Cook, K.Walker and AJ Brown, just need to pick one from this group

C.Lamb vs Bears - Just feels like his ceiling is capped, even though target volume is there
G.Edwards @ Bucs - Short week, just back from injury
E.Benjamin @ Vikings - totally depends on Connor being out to even be a consideration obviously
C.Kirk vs Broncos - nah, probably not, seems to be losing upside by the week

Lean Gus but not sure

also at TE

Pitts vs Panthers - I mean come on, he doesn't even have 200 yards receiving through 6 games played. Ridiculous usage.

or pick up Tonyan, Gesicki or I.Smith

Thanks

Super-flex PPR
QB 2 decision:
Goff v Miami
QB Saints v Las Vegas

DeAndre Swift v Miami
Jamaal Williams v Miami
Khalil Herbert @ Dallas

Flex:
A RB from above or

I think you go with Goff here as the Saints situation seems highly volatile with a pretty bad floor. Also, Goff's at home which is usually helpful for him. Plus Miami is indoors and have track superstars that can shred the Lions for chunk gains. I don't think Miami's defense is all that great.

Swift is a must-start if he's healthy and practicing fully. If not then you roll with Jamaal until he does nothing.

I think you can go with Sutton is Russ actually plays. If not, I'm not sure J Rob will know enough to contribute to the Jets right away. Probably has an OK floor, but ceiling. Herbert is the opposite on the road against the Cowboys. However, I think Herbert is establishing a pretty decent floor but a bit more risk.

Worst case...I guess start Swift and J. Will but IDK

Standard scoring - since i'm already starting Cook, K.Walker and AJ Brown, just need to pick one from this group

C.Lamb vs Bears - Just feels like his ceiling is capped, even though target volume is there
E.Benjamin @ Vikings - totally depends on Connor being out to even be a consideration obviously

Lean Gus but not sure

also at TE

Pitts vs Panthers - I mean come on, he doesn't even have 200 yards receiving through 6 games played. Ridiculous usage.

Thanks

I would go with Eno in Standard if Conner is out. If Conner is in, I'd probably roll with CeeDee as the Cowboys are home favorites. Decent shot at a TD. Gus is about a toss-up with Ceedee too. Feels like similar floors but Ceedee has a higher ceiling?

Pitts is a must-bench if you have anyone else that is worth it. I think you could do Irv Smith at home.

Super-flex PPR
QB 2 decision:
Goff v Miami
QB Saints v Las Vegas

DeAndre Swift v Miami
Jamaal Williams v Miami
Khalil Herbert @ Dallas

Flex:
A RB from above or

Assumes healthy Swift or go Williams over Sutton if Swift doesn't play. That's how i'd go.

STANDARD

Need one WR2 -- (starting Kupp)
Sutton @ Jags
Cooks vs Tenn
London vs Carolina

Need one RB -
Swift vs Miami
Eno @Minny
Stevenson @NYJ
Pollard vs Chicago
Foreman @Atl

Need two flex from those not used above

Def : Buffalo vs Packers OR Jags vs Denver

Super-flex PPR
QB 2 decision:
Goff v Miami
QB Saints v Las Vegas

DeAndre Swift v Miami
Jamaal Williams v Miami
Khalil Herbert @ Dallas

Flex:
A RB from above or
I'd go Goff for the floor. Taysom Hill's presence will vulture some points from the QB and although NO scores alot, they also turn it over alot so if you get deductions for INT's, this could be a factor. Goff will probaly be passing in a likely playing from behind game script.

I'd like edwards then Robinson. Chicago RBs ripped apart NE yesterday, Edwards seems to be top dawg and Jackson only passed 16 times last week. Swift still hurt, right? Dallas D too tough. Third choice would be williams

I don't know much about Rypien but I'd flex Sutton.

Lean Gus but not sure

also at TE

Thanks
I like Gus. I dislike all the TE choices this year except Kelce and Andrews but Atlanta doesnt generate targets. Probably roll the dice with Tonyan

STANDARD

Sutton @ Jags
Cooks vs Tenn
London vs Carolina

Need one RB -
Swift vs Miami
Eno @Minny
Stevenson @NYJ
Pollard vs Chicago
Foreman @Atl

Probably Sutton. London hasn't done anything in awhile. I'm still mad at him because I started him over boyd this past week. I know people like Swift but not sure he'll play. I like Stevenson he catches enough to stay relevant

Lean Gus but not sure

also at TE

Thanks
I like Gus, then again I have to like Gus because I have to play him myself. What I can comfortably say is Justice Hill is the odd man out. In no single game was he anything other than last in opportunities from the RB position, ceding touches to Dobbins, Drake, Gus & even Mike Davis. So that likely means that we should expect Gus & Drake to be the 1/2 going forward (until Dobbins gets back at least). Drake did have 11 carries and one target last week but Gus had 16 & 1 so there is reason to be optimistic. However there is definitely some downside as well: 1) the Ravens really don't throw to their RBs averaging 2 targets per game to all RBs other than FB Ricard (he has 8 targets himself). That doesn't hurt as much in a standard league but it also doesn't help for increasing opportunities to have the ball in their hands. 2) And maybe this can be viewed as a mixed bag but, prior to the Cleveland game the Ravens had 15, 14, 13, 21, 12 & 17 carries in each game for all their RBs combined. Before Gus had 16 carries this week their lead back had carry totals of 11 (Drake @ NYJ), 6 (Drake v MIA), 7 (Dobbins @ NEP), 13 (Dobbins v BUF), 8 (Dobbins v CIN) 10 (Drake @ NYG). That is remarkably low usage. As a unit they average 18 carries per game. IDK where that ranks in comparison with the rest of the league but it sure feels low.

The bottom line with Gus is he definitely has a ton of upside, particularly in standard leagues where short yardage TDs save games. You just need to assume the risk of a low volume day (8-10 carries with maybe 1 target).

This brings us to CeeDee who is averaging 9.4 targets per game. He has four games with double digit targets, two more with eight and, of course the slightly troubling six targets last week with Dak back under center. So you have to question if Dak won't lock into CeeDee as much as Rush. The Cowboys are only averaging 30 passes per game so far this season and there really isn't any reason to change their winning formula but I still have to believe they will throw just a little more with Dak (just a feeling). And I also have to believe Dak, a career 66.5% passer, will be more efficient with his targets. So if you get CeeDee with ~8 targets from a better QB that feels like reason for optimism. And, he does have as much upside as almost anyone in the league.

I don't really consider Eno or Kirk here but only because you probably (maybe, possibly) have better options.

Very tough call but, I'm still a bit bearish on Gus so
CeeDee>Gus>the others

I will say it multiple times every week: TEs not named Andrews or Kelce are random number generators.

Anyone of them could outperform the others.

So, maybe bank on the upside of playing against Detroit and go with Gesicki. I don't like Tonyan in Buffalo and I can understand being tired of Pitts but he's still by far the most physically talented of your options so don't just discount him. Irv also has a nice matchup but Gesicki has been just slightly better.

Total WA-zero confidence-G:
Gesicki>Irv>Pitts>Tonyan

STANDARD

Sutton @ Jags
Cooks vs Tenn
London vs Carolina

Need one RB -
Swift vs Miami
Eno @Minny
Stevenson @NYJ
Pollard vs Chicago
Foreman @Atl

The receivers are a tough guess. It's difficult to have faith in any of them. I think as a simple matter if Russell Wilson plays you probably roll with Sutton, just because in games with Russ he is getting a fairly consistent 8+ targets per game. Your other options simply cannot say that. If Wilson doesn't play I think London is probably the call because he seems to have the, very, marginally, slightest edge in the possibility to find the end zone.

Sutton*>London>Cooks

I can't bench Stevenson ATM. You have a lot of very good options but Swift is oft injured and really cannot be trusted (completely, I mean you can't ignore his splash plays entirely), Eno may have to deal with Conner (if Conner is out I definitely like him more), Pollard is in a complete timeshare and isn't getting goal line looks which are so critical in standard and Foreman...well I like Foreman but it's tough to go all in on him ATM. Can that offense really be so much better without McCaffrey or are they just riding an "Us against the world" high and the reality of the talent gap sets in soon? IDK

Stevenson>Foreman>Swift>Eno>Pollard

For the flexes I don't even consider any of the WRs:

Foreman>Swift>Eno>Pollard

Buffalo>Denver>Jax>GB

Super-flex PPR
QB 2 decision:
Goff v Miami
QB Saints v Las Vegas

DeAndre Swift v Miami
Jamaal Williams v Miami
Khalil Herbert @ Dallas

Flex:
A RB from above or
I'd go Goff for the floor. Taysom Hill's presence will vulture some points from the QB and although NO scores alot, they also turn it over alot so if you get deductions for INT's, this could be a factor. Goff will probaly be passing in a likely playing from behind game script.

I'd like edwards then Robinson. Chicago RBs ripped apart NE yesterday, Edwards seems to be top dawg and Jackson only passed 16 times last week. Swift still hurt, right? Dallas D too tough. Third choice would be williams

You're the second person to say Goff because of the floor. Goff put up 2 points against New England and 0 against Dallas with 3 INTS, 3 lost fumbles and 0 TDs. His floor could only get worse if he started digging.

1QB PPR:

Tua vs DET
or
Lamar vs TBB
Love both your options and really have no idea how to handicap them because you cannot ignore the magic Lamar can bring at any given moment but, after his scorching start with 12 total TDs in the first three games he has 3 total TDs over his last 4 games. Very Jeckyll & Hyde. But even over that rough stretch he is putting up 66 rush yards per game, but only 162 pass yards per game.

Tua was fine last week but obviously we would like to see more. Against that highly suspect Detroit defense, with Tyreek & Waddle...it's difficult not to be incredibly optimistic for his chances this week.

Yeah, real tough call here. Pretty much a coin flip for me so definitely go with your gut.

Bottom line is I am more concerned about Lamar's four game slump than I am about Tua's concussion recovery, so:
Tua>Lamar

A rare good problem, pick 2 RBs from these 3 please...
ETN vs Den
KW3 vs NYG
D Pierce vs Ten
Wow...can't go wrong. Well, the outcome could be negative but the decision would still have been correct.

I bench Pierce simply because I think they have the worst overall offense of the three and they are facing a tougher opponent overall. Obviously the Giants are playing amazing but so are the Seahawks, you can't count either team out at this point. Denver has a great defense sure, but they're terrible as a team and Etienne just got the biggest vote of confidence possible.

Walker III>Etienne>Pierce

Trevor Lawrence vs Denver or Aaron Rodgers @Buffalo?
I think we wait at least until we get some confirmation on Lazard's status. But even if he plays I am hesitant to start anyone at Buffalo. Rodgers may be good for 250 & 2, and it is tough to say Lawrence is good for more but he does have three rushing TDs, an aspect that is no longer a part of Rodgers's game.

I won't speculate on game scripts so "garbage time" isn't really a factor for me.

Lawrence definitely has the lower floor IMO but I think his ceiling is probably a little higher than Rodgers ATM, at least with rushing and the Jaguars are actually the higher scoring team.

I understand why this is a tough call but for me, at least until we get clarification on Lazard:
Lawrence>Rodgers

ETN vs Den
KW3 vs NYG
D Pierce vs Ten
Wow...can't go wrong. Well, the outcome could be negative but the decision would still have been correct.

I bench Pierce simply because I think they have the worst overall offense of the three and they are facing a tougher opponent overall. Obviously the Giants are playing amazing but so are the Seahawks, you can't count either team out at this point. Denver has a great defense sure, but they're terrible as a team and Etienne just got the biggest vote of confidence possible.

Thanks for the input... what I failed to mention is that my avatar is also my starting QB. Double dipping in the Jags O, though in trending in the right direction, is perhaps a bit reaching (?)

Super-flex PPR
QB 2 decision:
Goff v Miami
QB Saints v Las Vegas

DeAndre Swift v Miami
Jamaal Williams v Miami
Khalil Herbert @ Dallas

Flex:
A RB from above or

You're the second person to say Goff because of the floor. Goff put up 2 points against New England and 0 against Dallas with 3 INTS, 3 lost fumbles and 0 TDs. His floor could only get worse if he started digging.
Surely you are not expecting me to do actual research? I'm more of a feel kind of guy. I see that Goff was bad the last 2 games but he was good the first 4. You should play the Goff of the first 4 games, not the Goff of the last 2.

I think we wait at least until we get some confirmation on Lazard's status. But even if he plays I am hesitant to start anyone at Buffalo. Rodgers may be good for 250 & 2, and it is tough to say Lawrence is good for more but he does have three rushing TDs, an aspect that is no longer a part of Rodgers's game.

I won't speculate on game scripts so "garbage time" isn't really a factor for me.

Lawrence definitely has the lower floor IMO but I think his ceiling is probably a little higher than Rodgers ATM, at least with rushing and the Jaguars are actually the higher scoring team.

I understand why this is a tough call but for me, at least until we get clarification on Lazard:
Lawrence>Rodgers
that's where i was leaning. just wanted to make sure i wasn't crazy.

thanks!

ETN vs Den
KW3 vs NYG
D Pierce vs Ten

Thanks for the input... what I failed to mention is that my avatar is also my starting QB. Double dipping in the Jags O, though in trending in the right direction, is perhaps a bit reaching (?)
Like I said you really don't have a bad option. The margins here are razor thin. Pierce is playing very well and it's not like Tennessee is a dynamo defense. If you like him, you should absolutely start him.

That being said I don't really consider stacking players to be an issue. I save most of my diversification for the stock market.

Pick 3. PPR

Gus Edwards @ TBB
Najee Harris @ PHI
Amari Cooper vs CIN
Terry Mclaurin @ IND
Courtland Sutton @ JAC (London)

full PPR (lost Hollywood and Mike Williams)
  • Robbie Anderson @ Vikings
  • KJ Hamler @ Jags (Wembley Stadium)
  • KJ Osborn v Cardinals
  • Kalif Raymond v Dolphins
  • Ben Skowronek v 49ers
  • Tre'quan Smith v Raiders
  • Tyquan Thorton @ Jets
:tfp:

Super-flex PPR
QB 2 decision:
Goff v Miami
QB Saints v Las Vegas

DeAndre Swift v Miami
Jamaal Williams v Miami
Khalil Herbert @ Dallas

Flex:
A RB from above or

Swift and James Robinson

Ppr
I start 2 rb, 2 wr, flex
Right now I have chase at wr and Walker at rb.
Help me pick the rest

Pick 1 wr from:
Waddle @ det
Aj brown vs pitt

Pick 1 rb from:
Jones @ buf
Stevenson vs nyj
Sanders vs pitt

Pick a flex from:
Waddle @ det
Stevenson vs nyj
Sanders vs pitt
Jones @ buf
Aj brown Vs pitt

Right now have:
Chase, aj brown
Walker, sanders
Waddle

Stick with Schultz vs Bears OR get Dulcich (@Jags / London) OR Knox vs Packers

Should note that I have Allen and my opponent has Kittle on a bye and he needs to pick up a TE.

Ppr
I start 2 rb, 2 wr, flex
Help me pick the rest

Pick 1 wr from:
Waddle @ det
Aj brown vs pitt

Pick 1 rb from:
Jones @ buf
Stevenson vs nyj
Sanders vs pitt

Pick a flex from:
Waddle @ det
Stevenson vs nyj
Sanders vs pitt
Jones @ buf
Aj brown Vs pitt

Right now have:
Chase, aj brown
Walker, sanders
Waddle

WR: AJB > Waddle (both are great options)
RB: Rhamondre > A Jones > Sanders (again close and I don't think you can go wrong here)
Flex: AJB > Rhamondre > Waddle > Jones > Sanders

Should note that I have Allen and my opponent has Kittle on a bye and he needs to pick up a TE.

Dulcich is probably the 3rd option if the offense was at all functional (it's not.) That said, love the way they are utilizing him. Playing a lot of snaps, ran 33 routes last week and he's lined up in the slot 41 times the last two weeks. I'm a believer.

Schultz hauled in all 5 targets last week but tough matchup for TEs.

Trevor is doing a nice job of not turning it over and occasionally picks up his TD

Rodgers hasn't finished better than QB14 all year. I don't think this is the week. But gotta love his WK9 matchup.

Pick 3. PPR

Gus Edwards @ TBB
Najee Harris @ PHI
Amari Cooper vs CIN
Terry Mclaurin @ IND
Courtland Sutton @ JAC (London)
No to Sutton outright, you have better options. ETA: After writing out my thoughts below I realize I may have been reactionary on this. This is why I like this thread, it helps me challenge my perceptions.

I like Amari a little more this week with Njoku out. He is always capable of a 4-6 target game but he's been a double digit guy more regularly. The weird thing is he doesn't seem to be a middle ground guy. It's either 12 targets or 4 targets, the real bad part is he seldom catches a high percentage of his targets (57.6% on the season). Still, with the Bengals coming on offensively and possibly losing their best pass rusher in Hendrickson (anyone have an update on him?) he has to be a strong candidate for a solid week. Obviously the problem always exists that any Cleveland game could be Chubb, Chubb, Chubb, Hunt, Chubb etc. all day. You also have to worry about Jacoby Brissett being relatively low volume with average accuracy and the fact that he averages less than a TD per game. But Amari has been on the receiving end of 4 of Brisett's 6 TD passes.

I think we all semi-believe that Taylor Heinicke is a marginal QB, at best, in the NFL. But I also think a lot of us also believe he has a bit of swagger to him and maybe could unlock Terry a bit. The numbers last week don't necessarily support that. With Wentz he has 2 games with the same or more targets, same for receptions, 3 with more yards, 4 with more y/r, 3 with a better catch % & 5 with a better yards/target. Point being is last week was more of the same, which is decent but not great. I like him more than Sutton but not Amari.

Najee Harris has to be the least interesting RB in the NFL to watch. He gets hit 2 yards before contact and falls forward for 1.3 yards. Rinse and repeat. He breaks a tackle every 14 attempts. His long run of the season on 100 carries is 16 yards. He's boring AF. I'd love to make an argument about volume and some consistency, and there is a kernel of truth to it; he has at least 3 receptions in 4 games (2 in 2 others), he has a TD in 3 of 7 games and the like. But he's only exceeded 80 total yards twice. His other games are 26, 61, 74, 36 & 49. If you combine the stats week over week he's put up 9, 10, 12, 4, 5, 11 & 8 fantasy points in my full PPR league (probably a little better in yours as we do 1 point for every 15 yards rush+rec, not 10 like most leagues). That's good enough for a low end RB2 (22nd in my league). He's a classic "can't bench him but hate to play him" guy. And what's his real upside at this point? Could he get 3 short yardage TDs in one game? Sure, but it feels like he's almost as likely to get 3 TDs RoS. In context to your question, McLaurin has been better a lot more consistently so far. Although, on paper, Najee apparently has a better matchup. And now, I'm wondering if maybe I like him less than Sutton who has been consistently better prior to the last two games (and still averages more points on the season)

That brings to Gus. For starters he's probably a non factor in the passing game. Ravens don't throw to backs often and Gus seems low in that pecking order. However, dude looks good every time he touches the ball. He only averaged 4.1 YPC on 16 carries last week but he averages 5.2 on 414 carries prior. It seems like the Ravens score a lot of rushing TDs, but they don't, they have 6 which is good for a six way tie for 15th in the league. So what do we think about this guy going against a reeling Bucs defense who have given up 189, 151, 77 & 173 rushing yards, over their last four games? I have no f###$$$ clue. He's your x-factor, I think he's a high upside guy with maybe a 45 total yards, 0 TD floor. I also think he's your most fun guy to root for. If Russell Wilson were healthy I would have Sutton over him, but he's not (and they're in London, which I don't like). Najee is probably a safer play as well but, again boring AF.

Yeah, tough call after Amari & Terry.

Amari>McLaurin>+Gus>*Sutton>Najee

*If Russell Wilson plays give Sutton a bump.

+Because Gus has upside and is more fun to root for.

full PPR (lost Hollywood and Mike Williams)
  • Robbie Anderson @ Vikings
  • KJ Hamler @ Jags (Wembley Stadium)
  • KJ Osborn v Cardinals
  • Kalif Raymond v Dolphins
  • Ben Skowronek v 49ers
  • Tre'quan Smith v Raiders
  • Tyquan Thorton @ Jets
:tfp:
Uhhhhhh... Okay, let me grab my Ouija Board and some chicken bones and my Tarot deck and send a telepathic emergency contact request to my Shaman.

Obviously there isn't a great way to logic through this.

Tyquann has incredible speed so maybe he can house a long one.

If Thomas & Landry remain out I have less trouble starting Tre'Quan. So monitor that.

On the premise that Detroit is better at home and Miami D<<<<<Dallas & NEP. Raymond seems interesting, particularly with Chark on IR. But he's still likely #4 in the pecking order (if not 5th behind the RBs). You have a better feel for the Lions than anyone, so go with your gut.

I can see an argument for Osborne as he gets a little volume and has a little TD potential and it's a solid matchup.

I guess Hamler could house one but stay away from that offense for the most part.

Skworlmnoq? (that's not a nickname, his name is factually impossible to spell). Where's the upside?

Anderson? No idea, in this offense.

I guess, with zero confidence and only answering because it's my thread and I feel obligated.

Tyquann>*Tre'Quan>Osborne>Raymond>Anderson>Hamler>Skworlmnoq

ETA: I need a drink after that one.

Last edited:
Ppr
I start 2 rb, 2 wr, flex
Help me pick the rest

Pick 1 wr from:
Waddle @ det
Aj brown vs pitt

Pick 1 rb from:
Jones @ buf
Stevenson vs nyj
Sanders vs pitt

Pick a flex from:
Waddle @ det
Stevenson vs nyj
Sanders vs pitt
Jones @ buf
Aj brown Vs pitt

Right now have:
Chase, aj brown
Walker, sanders
Waddle
First off (how are you? ;) ) congratulations on drafting such a solid team. The only downside is that week-to-week you won't hit all the right calls, that's tough enough when you don't have a deep roster.

I absolutely agree about AJ Brown.

I understand the Sanders call too. There was a FBG article floating around a few years back that really made a compelling case for starting RB/WR combos. The AJ/Sanders combo is a very good one. High utilization in a high powered offense. The Steelers are always a tough out, even when they seem like a patsy, just ask the Bucs & Dolphins. They'll make you play ugly and beat you with experience. Still, it's too good of an offense to let silly things like potential game scripts concern you.

Your flex is a little tougher call but maybe not really.

Waddle makes absolute sense. I wish his target share was consistently higher but he has double digit upside and he's consistently getting open for big shots. Against this Detroit Lions defense it's nigh impossible to recommend anyone over him.

Definitely not Jones. Sure, he may catch another two TDs but I think Buffalo is simply too good and I'm not buying into the garbage time argument. But mostly because Waddle is a fine alternative.

Rhamondre OTOH is starting to look a little unbenchable. However Damien Harris's, alleged, return plus the fact that Detroit gives up almost 14 more points per game than the Jets and the fact that very suddenly last Monday the Patriots started to look offensively disfunctional (again) is argument enough against.

Agree with your calls.

PPR? Standard? Not to be a #### but it's week 8 and I remind people constantly, we should have left the mistakes on the field at this point. In this case particularly, Dulcich may have a slight edge in PPR, particularly if Rypien is playing.

I honestly have no idea but I kinda like Knox here. Dulcich on a bad offense travelling seven time zones, seems like reason enough for a pass. And Schultz has disappointed, relatively all year so why not take a gamble on the guy on the second highest scoring team in the league?

Knox>Dulcich>Schultz

Superflex league. 4 pt per TD pass an 1pt per 25 yd passing. Pick 2 of these 3 QBs

Brady vs BAL
Cousins vs AZ
D Jones vs SEA
I know it's crazy but don't we have to bench Brady until further notice? Definitely for Jones considering how he's turning into a dual threat (I presume running QBs come at a premium). Cousins is a little closer but the way I see it is Brady has had 4 1/2 to 5 dud games (weeks 1, 2, 3, 6 & 7) and Cousins has only had 2 dud weeks (2 & 4). The opposing defenses are very similar in scoring and passing yardage (although Baltimore has improved markedly over the last four games) but Baltimore has 20 sacks and 8 INTs while Arizona only has 11 sacks and 5 INTs (three last week).

It's scary to bench Brady because this team, on paper, seems to have a ton of offensive talent and Brady obviously is well, Brady. But I think it's at least time to consider it.

Jones>Cousins>Brady

QB question. 4 pts per passing TD.

* D. Prescott vs CHI -- A little rusty in first game back. At home, but found interesting data around how CHI is a D with the lowest amount of passing volume targeting WRs. More of a run funnel. That said, the D could give Dak some opportunities/short fields. Note: Also starting T. Pollard.

or

* D. Carr @NO -- LV offense is kinda rolling right now. If Lattimore is out, NO could be missing its top 3 CBs. NOs has been torched lately. In the dome so no weather. McDaniels probably wouldn't mind keeping Jacobs rolling but this matchup is hard to resist. I'd have to grab Carr in waivers tonight.

Which?

Thanks

* D. Prescott vs CHI -- A little rusty in first game back. At home, but found interesting data around how CHI is a D with the lowest amount of passing volume targeting WRs. More of a run funnel. That said, the D could give Dak some opportunities/short fields. Note: Also starting T. Pollard.

or

* D. Carr @NO -- LV offense is kinda rolling right now. If Lattimore is out, NO could be missing its top 3 CBs. NOs has been torched lately. In the dome so no weather. McDaniels probably wouldn't mind keeping Jacobs rolling but this matchup is hard to resist. I'd have to grab Carr in waivers tonight.

Which?

Thanks

Carr

Ppr
I start 2 rb, 2 wr, flex
Help me pick the rest

Pick 1 wr from:
Waddle @ det
Aj brown vs pitt

Pick 1 rb from:
Jones @ buf
Stevenson vs nyj
Sanders vs pitt

Pick a flex from:
Waddle @ det
Stevenson vs nyj
Sanders vs pitt
Jones @ buf
Aj brown Vs pitt

Right now have:
Chase, aj brown
Walker, sanders
Waddle
First off (how are you? ;) ) congratulations on drafting such a solid team. The only downside is that week-to-week you won't hit all the right calls, that's tough enough when you don't have a deep roster.

I absolutely agree about AJ Brown.

I understand the Sanders call too. There was a FBG article floating around a few years back that really made a compelling case for starting RB/WR combos. The AJ/Sanders combo is a very good one. High utilization in a high powered offense. The Steelers are always a tough out, even when they seem like a patsy, just ask the Bucs & Dolphins. They'll make you play ugly and beat you with experience. Still, it's too good of an offense to let silly things like potential game scripts concern you.

Your flex is a little tougher call but maybe not really.

Waddle makes absolute sense. I wish his target share was consistently higher but he has double digit upside and he's consistently getting open for big shots. Against this Detroit Lions defense it's nigh impossible to recommend anyone over him.

Definitely not Jones. Sure, he may catch another two TDs but I think Buffalo is simply too good and I'm not buying into the garbage time argument. But mostly because Waddle is a fine alternative.

Rhamondre OTOH is starting to look a little unbenchable. However Damien Harris's, alleged, return plus the fact that Detroit gives up almost 14 more points per game than the Jets and the fact that very suddenly last Monday the Patriots started to look offensively disfunctional (again) is argument enough against.

Agree with your calls.

Thanks for replying and running this thread.
Yeah I started 1-3 with this squad but have now won 3 in a row. Also scored most points in the league. It's looking good but it's a long season

PPR? Standard? Not to be a #### but it's week 8 and I remind people constantly, we should have left the mistakes on the field at this point. In this case particularly, Dulcich may have a slight edge in PPR, particularly if Rypien is playing.

I honestly have no idea but I kinda like Knox here. Dulcich on a bad offense travelling seven time zones, seems like reason enough for a pass. And Schultz has disappointed, relatively all year so why not take a gamble on the guy on the second highest scoring team in the league?

Knox>Dulcich>Schultz
Apologies --first time I forgot --Standard

or

Which?

Thanks
They both seem like pretty steady 250 & 1.5 kinda guys.

I'm a big fan of Carr and maybe, just maybe the offense is starting to find it's footing. There is plenty of skill position talent for sure and the offensive line hasn't been the disaster everyone feared. After giving up five sacks in week one they have given up seven over the last five games. He seems to be a reliable producer RoS, but I question his upside with Jacobs running so well. With a weak defense there could definitely be some shootouts, maybe this week but I really don't like to predict game scripts, but that's tough to count on.

Most of the same can be said about Dak however there are a few differences that are very tough to predict considering his limited work this season. He seems to have more consistent upside than Carr week-to-week but, the Cowboys have one of the top defenses in the league and they're calling their offensive playbook accordingly. That may change up with Dak in over Cooper but maybe not. Maybe the plan is ball control and mad defense. Dak only threw 25 passes last week against the Lions terrible defense and the Cowboys didn't deviate a bit from that even while the game was still close, which it was well into the 4th quarter. The Bears offense looks better than it had, and maybe they're coming together too but, even though I don't like predicting game scripts, it's a game of risk management and I like this Dallas defense a lot.

Carr>Dak

Users who are viewing this thread