What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1, 09/08/22 Thursday Night Football: Let's Get This Party Started! Buffalo at LA Rams (+2.5) (52) (1 Viewer)

Who ya got in tonight's game?

Obviously I have several shares of Gabriel Davis, but only 2 of 3 matter.

I'm facing Stafford, ARob, Bass, & Aaron Donald in my home league (the one I pay attention to during games)

:towelwave::pickle::clap:
Going with Buffalo - I have no idea who I am playing in any leagues but I will be starting Gabe Davis and Tyler Bass in 1 of my leagues.

Super Bowl champs at home, getting no love. I get it that the Bills are the media darling coming into the season but... it's the SB champs! Stafford's elbow is reportedly fine. Champs getting nearly a FG at home? I think the Rams win this in a higher-scoring affair.

I have so many teams that I probably have at least a few players going tonight. Definitely Allen in at least one, Kupp in at least a couple.

Heard something cool from JJ Z or the PFF guy who talks too fast:

Rams got killed by the slot last year, their nickel sucks. Isaiah McKenzie might steal the show tonight.

One thing I love about the NFL is how everyone is so cranked up for news in Sept that week 1 storylines/narratives can last all year.

Kupp vs opponent with nobody tonight in one league, so like 99% certain I'll be winning after tonight 😎

Gabe Davis vs opponent with Rams defense in one league, like my chances there

Sitting Akers in one league so no rooting interest there.

Wait........... stop the presses.
You mean you actually drafted GABRIEL DAVIS???? I never would have known.

-----------Signed, Gabriel Davis thread subscriber. :lol:
Actually only drafted him once.

Got my 1st share as a toss-in in early '21 for my now rebuilding team, recently traded for him at a surprisingly reasonable price, then drafted him at the end of the 6th.

That said, GO GABE GO! :drive:

LEAGUE A - No action.

LEAGUE B - Starting STEFON DIGGS...............FACING MATT STAFFORD, AND BILLS DEFENSE

LEAGUE C - Starting JOSH ALLEN................. FACING ALLEN ROBINSON

Lets go mother****ers~! :football:

The only player I have going tonight is McKenzie and he's on my bench. My opponent has the Bills PK starting and Singletary on the bench (I doubt my opponent will insert Singletary last minute, as he has Taylor & Chubb).

Heard something cool from JJ Z or the PFF guy who talks too fast:

Rams got killed by the slot last year, their nickel sucks. Isaiah McKenzie might steal the show tonight.

One thing I love about the NFL is how everyone is so cranked up for news in Sept that week 1 storylines/narratives can last all year.

Didn’t hear but I read it, albeit in a different context:

James Cook played 26.2% of his collegiate snaps in the slot or out wide. With a tight spread and an offense that ranked second in neutral passing rate and sixth in red zone passing rate, Cook should see a substantial workload. I bring up Cook’s slot usage from college because the Bills could deploy him in this manner against a defense that allowed the seventh-most slot receiving yards and tenth-most slot receptions last year. The Rams ranked 24th in DVOA against receiving backs last season.

Now to get the Isiah McKenzie hypetrain rolling:

Isaiah McKenzie: Every report this offseason has mentioned Isaiah McKenzie as the Buffalo starting slot wide receiver, so currently, that’s how I’m approaching it. Arguably McKenzie has a fantastic matchup this week and is a player I’ll be ranking aggressively. McKenzie has been electric when he’s been given time to shine. Over the last two seasons, he has logged only two games with at least 70% of the offensive snaps. In those contests, he has averaged 10.5 targets, 8.5 receptions, 95 receiving yards, and three total touchdowns. He logged a stout 25.9% target per route run rate with individual 1.71 and 2.91 yards per route game totals.

McKenzie should blow the doors off Week 1 expectations against the Rams. As previously discussed, the Rams struggled last year against the slot, and it doesn’t look any brighter this season. Troy Hill is back in town, taking over the slot duties. Hill was a turnstile in the slot last year, allowing a 77.2% catch rate and 130.1 passer rating. McKenzie is an upside flex that could put up top 24 receiver numbers this week.

Bills were 5th in pace last year, Rams 16th. These are two very good defenses and it’s tough getting rushing TDs in the RZ. Not expecting a high octane outcome. Well rounded, disciplined franchises who should be in the conversation for the SB. Turnovers will likely decide it.

Love the Bills chances to be champions this year. We haven’t had a repeat Champion like, what, 18 years? Don’t think this is the year.

I'm facing Stafford, ARob, Bass, & Aaron Donald in my home league (the one I pay attention to during games)
I take the same approach. Would make me insane to try to track all 8 leagues.

I take the same approach. Would make me insane to try to track all 8 leagues.
This year I broke my “no more than 2 leagues” rule. Joined a 16 team dynasty IDP, and did the 3-pack of NFC teams.

I’ll pay attention to all the lineups, but yeah - only the home league for in-gam scoring.as you suggest, it would make me insane to try to track it all.

Think we should just turn this into the game thread.

@Hot Sauce Guy
Maybe you can list the teams and spreads

:thumbup:

As I wrote in the other one

-Give the NFL credit, hard to beat tonight's match up for a Thursday Night Kickoff.
-With family and friends hunkering down for kickoff

Son and I did a mini draft for tonight's game to add some juice.

MoP
QB-Stafford
RB-Dev Sing
WR-Kupp
WR-G.Davis
Rams
Matt Gay

MoP Jr
QB-J.Allen
RB-C.Akers
WR-S.Diggs
WR-A.Robinson
Bills
Tyler Bass

-Dad's getting beat tonight

Good Luck to Everyone!

Big investment in both the Rams and Bills passing games, so hoping for a shoot out.

Don't have any copies of Akers but really curious to see how he looks tonight. Also curious to see how the Bills running game distributes the touches

OK, fellas, here's the question:

No Van Jefferson tonight, and likely for quite a bit. Who picks up the slack in his absence, especially tonight?

As a typical footballguy, I'm in a boatload of Leagues, with a boatload of Teams, but on one that's very special and important to me, my WR group is in a pickle. 12-Team League with a 22 Rd Draft, no PK or D/ST and drafted in July. One can imagine how barren the WW is.

Which Rams WR picks up the slack in Van Jefferson's absence?

A: Ben Skowronek
B: Tutu Atwell
C: Lance McCutcheon
D: Brandon Powell

Looking forward to what should be a fun game.

As I said in the Bills thread, I’m hoping that the Rams losing Von Miller and the Bills adding Von Miller are the difference. The Rams defense was definitely better with him than before they traded for him so hopefully that loss for LA and gain by Buffalo is enough to give the Bills the edge.

Users who are viewing this thread