What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 10 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Super-Flex PPR:
I have Justin Jefferson, Philadelphia Defense and kicker Jason Meyers locked starting.

Need 1QB, 2RB, 1WR & 2Flex

Normally in a SF you go automatically go with two QBs however...:

Andy Dalton @ Pitt
Jared Goff @ Chi

D'Andre Swift @ CHI
Jamaal Williams @ CHI
Khalil Herbert v DET

ARSB @ CHI
Courtland Sutton @ TEN
Darnell Mooney v DET

I'm honestly considering a full Risky Business strategy, living by the mantra "Sometimes, you gotta say 'What the ####!" and rolling out all five from the Bears v Lions matchup.

Who knows? I might get accepted to Yale.
Since I played the over in Chicago big,l and have a lot of the seem players you do in it, I’m all in also.

Bye week lottery:

Brissett @ Mia
Goff @ Chi
Dalton @ Pitt
Pickett vs NO

I've got Brissett in the lineup right now but don't have any other positions with a bye, injury, or WDIS concern so it is time for some unnecessary last minute over thinking.

Any thoughts?
I like Brissett the most. The Miami D has been fantasy gold for qbs. You also get a warm weather qb - I’m not a fan of dome qbs playing outside in Nov-Dec.

D question:

* TN D vs DEN -- Originally thought this was a great matchup (and experts are universally ranking top 6 this wee), but there are a lot of injuries on the D side of the ball. Simmons, Dupree, Hooker. D had been on fire with sacks and ints the last few weeks too.

* KC vs JAX -- Not a great D, but if KC gets up they could force turnovers. That said, JAX is statistically pretty decent when it comes to points against on D.

* LAR D vs AZ -- Two struggling offenses meet and K. Murray is questionable with a hammy. Even if active he could be limited running the ball which can't be good for that offense. McVay has Kingsberry's number too. Could see this being a slugfest.

* LV vs Indy -- The classic bad defense vs. bad offense option. LV is not a good D, but Ehlinger is awful. Chance M. Ryan enters game as Indy declared him as backup.

Which?

Thanks
Defenses...ugh.

Generally when making these decisions (similar defenses no real distinguishing factors) I simply look at which defense has the most sacks + turnovers. That would be Tennessee in this situation 23. + 12 (35) However, without Simmons, Dupree and Hooker I think that dynamic changes and KC becomes the best choice 22 + 8 (30). The Rams are at 16 + 8 (24) and the Raiders are 9 + 5 (14).

Then I look at which offense gives up the most sacks + turnovers and see if that helps. In this case the Jags 12 + 13 (25), Broncos 24 + 9 (33), Cardinals 25 + 9 (34), Colts 35 + 17 (52).

Then I write the names of all the defenses on separate sheets of paper, lay them on the floor and use the Chumbawamba Method. Drink a shot of whiskey, a shot of vodka, a 16 oz lager and a 16 oz hard cider. When you puke see which paper most of it ends up on and choose that defense.

Honestly I can make an argument for any of these teams so it's a total gut call. If the Titans were healthy it would be an easy decision, IMO, but they're hurt bad with those losses. Can you count on next man up working? IDK.

I want to say go up against the Colts but, man the Raiders defense has been terrible at making big plays. Do they rally this week?

The Rams probably make the most sense but what if Stafford sits? Will the defense be on the field all day because of an inept Rams offense? If the Stafford sits, is the Arizona defense available to you (16 + 12 = 28 and the Rams are at 28 + 13 = 41)? That may be the best option.

I probably flip-flop a dozen times trying to figure this out.

ATM I think:
LVR>LAR>KC>TEN

Ask me again in 10 minutes, and we'll see how that changes.

I just can't do LV. Feel like that will blow up in my face. With Taylor back and maybe new coach energy...who knows?

Grabbed LAR. If Shefty indicates Murray is out probably going that way. If not...ugh.
Is ARI available? if Stafford is out, I think they are a solid play

D question:

* TN D vs DEN -- Originally thought this was a great matchup (and experts are universally ranking top 6 this wee), but there are a lot of injuries on the D side of the ball. Simmons, Dupree, Hooker. D had been on fire with sacks and ints the last few weeks too.

* KC vs JAX -- Not a great D, but if KC gets up they could force turnovers. That said, JAX is statistically pretty decent when it comes to points against on D.

* LAR D vs AZ -- Two struggling offenses meet and K. Murray is questionable with a hammy. Even if active he could be limited running the ball which can't be good for that offense. McVay has Kingsberry's number too. Could see this being a slugfest.

* LV vs Indy -- The classic bad defense vs. bad offense option. LV is not a good D, but Ehlinger is awful. Chance M. Ryan enters game as Indy declared him as backup.

Which?

Thanks
Defenses...ugh.

Generally when making these decisions (similar defenses no real distinguishing factors) I simply look at which defense has the most sacks + turnovers. That would be Tennessee in this situation 23. + 12 (35) However, without Simmons, Dupree and Hooker I think that dynamic changes and KC becomes the best choice 22 + 8 (30). The Rams are at 16 + 8 (24) and the Raiders are 9 + 5 (14).

Then I look at which offense gives up the most sacks + turnovers and see if that helps. In this case the Jags 12 + 13 (25), Broncos 24 + 9 (33), Cardinals 25 + 9 (34), Colts 35 + 17 (52).

Then I write the names of all the defenses on separate sheets of paper, lay them on the floor and use the Chumbawamba Method. Drink a shot of whiskey, a shot of vodka, a 16 oz lager and a 16 oz hard cider. When you puke see which paper most of it ends up on and choose that defense.

Honestly I can make an argument for any of these teams so it's a total gut call. If the Titans were healthy it would be an easy decision, IMO, but they're hurt bad with those losses. Can you count on next man up working? IDK.

I want to say go up against the Colts but, man the Raiders defense has been terrible at making big plays. Do they rally this week?

The Rams probably make the most sense but what if Stafford sits? Will the defense be on the field all day because of an inept Rams offense? If the Stafford sits, is the Arizona defense available to you (16 + 12 = 28 and the Rams are at 28 + 13 = 41)? That may be the best option.

ATM I think:
LVR>LAR>KC>TEN

I just can't do LV. Feel like that will blow up in my face. With Taylor back and maybe new coach energy...who knows?

Grabbed LAR. If Shefty indicates Murray is out probably going that way. If not...ugh.
Is ARI available? if Stafford is out, I think they are a solid play
Nope.

K Murray replacement 4 pt tds unless over 40 yard td which are 6, 1 per 25 pass:

Rodgers vs Dallas
Carr vs Ind
Lawrence @ KC
Goff @ Chi
Stafford if he plays vs AZ
Dalton @ Pitt

K Murray replacement 4 pt tds unless over 40 yard td which are 6, 1 per 25 pass:

Rodgers vs Dallas
Carr vs Ind
Lawrence @ KC
Goff @ Chi
Dalton @ Pitt
I'd go with Carr as insurance, but I'd start Murray over any of those guys if he's playing.

PPR need one:

Mooney v DET
Herbert v DET
Sutton @ TEN

Still struggling with this

ATM:
Mooney>Sutton>Herbert

Detroit is definitely letting more people score on them then the local burlesque parlor, so I definitely understand the dilemma. Detroit has given up 9, 31, and 24 points in the last three weeks compared to Tennessee who gave up 20, 10, and 10. Granted the Titans really didn't play a good offense until Mahomes. So immediately, I am liking going against the Detroit defense first. Looking at the opposing team WR1, Detroit has allowed 4/87/1 to Lazard, 12/188 to Hill, and 4/70 to Lamb. From a RB perspective, they have given up 99 yards to Rodgers/Jones/Dillon, 78 yards to Mostert/Edmunds, and 150 yards to Zeke/Pollard. So what do I make of all of this? Well, you can play anything and they are going to get some points.... I do give an edge to the WR though.

So let's look at the CHI offense. Chicago has scored 33, 29, and 32 points over the last three weeks. High scoring. Gotta like that. Herbert had a great game about 2 weeks ago, but when you look at the last three weeks. He was outsnapped by Montgomery 2 out of 3. So I would figure he is in a 50/50 or 40/60 timeshare with Montgomery getting more. Either of them could score a TD. Meanwhile Mooney has led in yards each week, and led in receptions 2 of the last 3 weeks. Recognizing that DET is giving it up to WR 1s, I would lean Mooney > Herbert.

Now looking at Denver, their offense has sputtered. Denver has scored 16, 9, and 21 over the last 3 weeks with Sutton limited to 1 or 2 receptions a game and a ton of yards and scores going to Dulcich and Jeudy. Could this be the week for Sutton? Sure... but could also be another poor performance with a low scoring Den offense.

So if I am starting one, it looks like this: MOONEY >> Herbert/Sutton

1/2 pt PPR. Need 3 of the 5, but the three could be 1 RB and 2 WR or 3 WR.

* Jonathan Taylor @ LV
* Michael Pittman @ LV
* Jamaal Williams @ CHI (Concerns about how much Swift will touch the ball)
* Joshua Palmer @ SF (opponent starting Herbert)
* Peoples-Jones @ MIA (shootout?)

Leaning towards Taylor, Pittman, Palmer. Thanks for your thoughts!
Taylor, Williams, and Palmer
I can only start 1 RB unfortunately... where would you go between DPJ and Pittman?

1/2 pt PPR. Need 3 of the 5, but the three could be 1 RB and 2 WR or 3 WR.

* Jonathan Taylor @ LV
* Michael Pittman @ LV
* Jamaal Williams @ CHI (Concerns about how much Swift will touch the ball)
* Joshua Palmer @ SF (opponent starting Herbert)
* Peoples-Jones @ MIA (shootout?)

Leaning towards Taylor, Pittman, Palmer. Thanks for your thoughts!
Taylor, Williams, and Palmer
I can only start 1 RB unfortunately... where would you go between DPJ and Pittman?
Pittman. But don't feel great about it

Cousins V. BUF or Wilson V. TEN

Buffalo seems like a huge hurdle and Cousins plays like crap on the road. TEN D sounds like they have lots of missing starting pieces, and Russell seems to be righting the ship the last couple weeks.

6 pt tds with bonus 2 pts if they are over 40 yds long and .5 PPR - Need 1 flex from:

Sanders vs Was
A St Brown @ Chi
Fournette vs SEA

Sounds like Swift is set to see the field more this week. In PPR am I crazy to play Swift over Jamaal Williams in a league that awards double points for 50 yard + touchdowns?

Buffalo seems like a huge hurdle and Cousins plays like crap on the road. TEN D sounds like they have lots of missing starting pieces, and Russell seems to be righting the ship the last couple weeks.
I'd still go Cousins. He's been playing far better, and the Bills are missing just as many starters as the Titans are on defense.

Full PPR. Need a Flex

George Pickens home vs Saints
Joshua Palmer at 49ers
Palmer by a wide margin, especially in PPR. 17 catches the last 2 games for Palmer.

6 pt tds with bonus 2 pts if they are over 40 yds long and .5 PPR - Need 1 flex from:

Sanders vs Was
A St Brown @ Chi
Fournette vs SEA
I want no part of Fournette if I can help it.

Sanders v St. Brown is a tough call. Your team is pretty loaded if this is the battle for flex. I'll begrudgingly say St. Brown, just because I think they need him to do more than the Eagles need Sanders to do. In St. Brown's 1st game without Hockenson, he had a 41% target share, they just didn't pass much because they lead the entire game. I'm not expecting the Lions to spend much time leading at most points this season.

Sounds like Swift is set to see the field more this week. In PPR am I crazy to play Swift over Jamaal Williams in a league that awards double points for 50 yard + touchdowns?
Not at all. If (and it's a big if) Swift actually gets 15 touches, his upside is crazy good in this matchup. I can see him breaking a big play for a TD. Lions OL should dominate.

Murray replacement?
  • Tannehill vs DEN
  • Dalton @ PIT

other options

• Mills @ NYG
  • Heincke @ PHI
  • Ehlinger @ LV
  • McCoy @ LAR

Murray replacement?
  • Tannehill vs DEN
  • Dalton @ PIT

other options

• Mills @ NYG
  • Heincke @ PHI
  • Ehlinger @ LV
  • McCoy @ LAR
I would roll with the Red Rifle. Fitzpatrick out helps as well as getting Landry back. Heincke would be my 2nd choice. Just seems to gut out a couple TD drives and with Dotson back, gives him another decent option behind Terry and Samuel.

Best of a bad lot IMO

Palmer or G. Davis if Allen starts?

floor vs ceiling

If you’re a favorite I’d go with Palmer. He’s not doing much with his opportunities but he should see volume. As I heard someone say this week, it’s not like you watch him and say “wow they’ve got to find ways to get the ball in this guys hands.” Perfectly serviceable WR3 with both starters out.

Gabe is the ultimate boom/bust. If you’re a dog in your matchup he could conceivably get you 25+. But his floor is less than 5.

This should be good for a laugh or two for someone. With Murray probably sitting do I go with
McCoy
or
Brissett
My only options.
TIA for any help.

Palmer or G. Davis if Allen starts?

floor vs ceiling

If you’re a favorite I’d go with Palmer. He’s not doing much with his opportunities but he should see volume. As I heard someone say this week, it’s not like you watch him and say “wow they’ve got to find ways to get the ball in this guys hands.” Perfectly serviceable WR3 with both starters out.

Gabe is the ultimate boom/bust. If you’re a dog in your matchup he could conceivably get you 25+. But his floor is less than 5.
My thoughts exactly. I'm behind after the Pitts show Thursday but Davis' blowup game vs. the Steelers seems soooooooo far away.

Bye week lottery:

Brissett @ Mia
Goff @ Chi
Dalton @ Pitt
Pickett vs NO

I've got Brissett in the lineup right now but don't have any other positions with a bye, injury, or WDIS concern so it is time for some unnecessary last minute over thinking.

Any thoughts?
I could probably make an argument for Goff in what looks to be a game involving two terrible scoring defenses.

My concern with Brissett is always the same. What if Chubb has a monster? I am certain Miami's game plan isn't to win on Brissett's arm. So what happens if Chubb is gashing the Dolphins for 6 yards a pop? Maybe Brissett only needs to throw 30 times in that scenario? Buncha play action that gets the Browns to the RedZone then BAM Chubb (or Hunt, or Jerome Ford who they activated yesterday).

I have no problem with Brissett, but I would probably risk it with Goff.

Goff>Brissett>Dalton>Pickett

Sanders vs Was
A St Brown @ Chi
Fournette vs SEA
I can't recommend Fournette ATM

I will get to the whys later because it's so close to kickoff.

Sanders>ARSB>Fournette

ETA:
I think ARSB v Sanders is very close here but Sanders has a TD in 5 of 8 games, he's getting 15+ touches consistently and I consider this a plus matchup.

I love ARSB and he is still probably going to see 9+ targets but the entire Lions offense has been off kilter since the Patriots game. They have bursts of energy but are not the same offense they were in weeks 1-4. I think that could change at any minute but it's harder to bank on when you have such a consistent option in Sanders.

Last edited:
D question:

Which?

Thanks
Defenses...ugh.

ATM I think:
LVR>LAR>KC>TEN

Do not blame you for that in the least. Total speculation.

Good morning dudes, little help?

.5ppr need one of the following:

Wan’dale Robinson v HOU
Brandin Cooks @ NYG

Or I could get wild and start Kadarius Toney ( Vs JAX after bye) or a 2nd TE (Everett @ SF).

Leaning Wan’dale, slightly over Cooks. It’s so close I almost prefer to say eFF it and gamble on a Toney TD.

Rodgers vs Dallas
Carr vs Ind
Lawrence @ KC
Goff @ Chi
Dalton @ Pitt
I think Carr is a good option against an Indy team that appears to be even more in turmoil than the Raiders. He's probably going to get you about 230 yds & 2 TDs. There is a chance that Jacobs does all the scoring but Carr has been pretty steady in his output.

Goff is another decent option in a game featuring two bad scoring defenses and the Bears can apparently put up points on bad defenses.

Maybe Lawrence against KC mostly because he has an outside chance at a rushing TD and I guess the game script could dictate a lot of passing. But I hate predicting game scripts. My concern is since the Phili game he has thrown no more than 1 TD pass in 5 games, and two games with zero TD passes. Like I said, he has run for a couple in that span but I find that difficult to bank on.

Don't like Stafford or Rodgers at this point. I mean, other than name recognition why should these two be considered?

Dalton is a Jekyll & Hyde kinda guy but he is probably more likely to throw one TD than he is to throw three.

Carr>Goff>Lawrence>Stafford>Rodgers>Dalton

Cousins may not be great on the road but he has at least one TD each game and two TD passes in two of four games on the road. Buffalo is definitely a bigger challenge though.

Wilson has played poorly everywhere this season, not just on the road. It's very difficult to trust him or that team. Now Tennessee is beset by injury on their defense and the loss of Simmons, Dupree & Hooker are individually very big but as a group you have to think the defense, which was already not good against the pass could be even worse. Though I never underestimate a team's ability to rally around something like that. Still Denver is coming off a bye and, maybe, possibly they figured some things out? I don't have much confidence in that but I get the premise.

I would not at all blame you for rolling with Wilson, and if you think it's the right move then absolutely do it, but:
Cousins>Wilson

What order would you put my desperation superflex QBs this week?

Sam Ehlinger
Colt McCoy
Case Keenum

I know some are coin flip if they start but take that into consideration as to likely to start and, if they do, are they a better option than the other?

Full PPR. Need a Flex

George Pickens home vs Saints
Joshua Palmer at 49ers
Good options. These two have come up a lot this week.

I like Palmer for more guaranteed volume. With Allen & Williams out he is almost a mortal lock to see 9+ targets. In a full PPR that has so much value.

I love Pickens too, I think we all believe he is the superior talent and could house a long one. He also gets to work as the full #2 WR without Claypool around to vulture targets. The Saints may be a slightly better matchup, but maybe not.

Palmer>Pickens

ETA: @themeistersinger to show you how close I think this matchup is, here is what I said yesterday in a Standard League format
I like both Palmer and Pickens this week.

Palmer has the tougher matchup but we should be confident in 9+ targets with both Allen and Williams out. If it was PPR league this would be an easier decision but if Palmer gets 9+ targets he should net you 80+ yards even if he doesn't find the endzone.

I wish we got a week to see Pickens in action without Claypool but we don't have that luxury. Still, clearly Pickens has an opportunity here and I think we all believe he can be special (at least the hype is there). Both he and Palmer catch about 68% of their passes (Pickens is 67.7% with Pickett at QB) but Pickens has an ADOT of 13.8 compared to 6.7 for Palmer. Both SF & NO give up about 199 pass yards/game but NO gives up 7 more ppg and only has 2 INTs on the season and 22 sacks compared to 6 & 26 for the Niners. Also Pickens is at home while Palmer is on the road.

I think I roll:
Pickens>Palmer

I wouldn't bank on predicting 50 yard TDs and, FTR, Jamaal has the only 50+ yard TD for the Lions this season.

I love the idea of a healthy Swift, and I am starting him this week myself but alongside Jamaal. Push comes to shove Jamaal has eight TDs this season and is the clear goal line guy. He should see 15+ touches even if Swift manages to stay healthy for 15+ of his own. Williams is definitely the safer floor guy and it's difficult to say he doesn't have a similar ceiling.

I think my true hesitation is it would be nice to see Swift actually get 15 touches at least once in a row before banking on the possibility.

But it's a plus matchup and Swift is fun as heck to watch when he's playing. If you buy into the talk this week about him being unhappy with his usage that could tilt the question in his favor.

If you're not risk averse then:
Swift>Williams

Also have Saints defense but Arizona sitting on my wire.
You have to decide this one maybe before we know Stafford's status. The most recent update on FBGs is

LAR - QB Matthew Stafford A Long Shot To Play
November 13, 2022, 07:32 ET

Ian Rapoport reported, "QB Matthew Stafford, dealing with a concussion, is believed to be a long-shot to play, per me and @TomPelissero. Not ruled out yet, but not a great chance. That would mean John Wolford would get the start."

It's a 4:25 PM ET kickoff so if you have Stafford, make sure you have a pivot plan.

I definitely like the Cardinals defense more if Stafford is out and, IMO, it is strongly trending that way.

Remember that my opinion on defenses is that the overwhelming majority of them are 100% random number generators.

ARI>NO

ETA:
I just saw that Kyler Murray is trending out, which could certainly negatively impact the ARI defense but I still risk it because of Stafford's status and they have been a bigger play defense.

Last edited:
Rams D or Cards D assuming both QBs are out?
Cards definitely give up more points, rush yards & passing yards but they are the bigger play defense. 16 sacks, 6 INT, 6 FR to 16, 5 & 3 for the Rams. They have five TDs spread across four different games. Whoever coaches their turnover drills is doing a bang up job.

Now with both QBs trending out it's a much tougher call. Bottom line is you should flip a coin because there is no real way to distinguish them, in my mind I think I put my money on Aaron Donald but really, it's very close.

LAR>ARI

Murray replacement?
  • Tannehill vs DEN
  • Dalton @ PIT

other options

• Mills @ NYG
  • Heincke @ PHI
  • Ehlinger @ LV
  • McCoy @ LAR
Ugh, Probably Dalton as I think New Orleans just passes a lot more than Tennessee. Tannehill has under 200 yards passing in 4 of 6 games (under 150 in 3) and two games without a TD pass.

Mind you Dalton isn't much better, 2 games under 200 yards, but just a little more consistent with at least one TD in every game.

Dalton>Tannehill

This should be good for a laugh or two for someone. With Murray probably sitting do I go with
McCoy
or
Brissett
My only options.
TIA for any help.
Brissett easily IMO. The Miami defense has been very kind to opposing QBs.

Brissett>>McCoy

0.5 PPR

Connor @ Rams or

Wilson Jr vs Browns

Connor should win snap count but can he produce against that Rams defense?
I am a self professed Conner denier.

That being said with McCoy starting he could see more opportunities so I completely understand rolling him out. He could see 15+ touches, if the offense doesn't stall entirely. I think McCoy is a capable enough backup so Conner may be a smart play. I just think he's so mediocre.

I would 100% recommend Wilson but I hesitate to do so based on one game. He saw more snaps than Mostert last week (28-27) and had more opportunities (12-11). That's a good amount of work for a guy you just brought in. Is it possible Wilson will be the leader in this backfield going forward, or will we see more of a back & forth between him & Mostert? No idea. It's a very good offense and they should put up a lot of points and have a good amount of plays inside the opponent's 10 yard line too. But we don't have much data to go on to make an informed opinion.

So, with my "who farted?" face, I begrudgingly say:
Conner>Wilson

Good morning dudes, little help?

.5ppr need one of the following:

Wan’dale Robinson v HOU
Brandin Cooks @ NYG

Or I could get wild and start Kadarius Toney ( Vs JAX after bye) or a 2nd TE (Everett @ SF).

Leaning Wan’dale, slightly over Cooks. It’s so close I almost prefer to say eFF it and gamble on a Toney TD.
I am not sure I can distinguish between Wan'Dale & Cooks enough to make an informed decision. What I do believe is Cooks is not happy about how he has been portrayed and wouldn't bet against him putting up a good game.

Toney is a "Why Not? It'll be fun to watch" dart throw. I can see rostering him but not starting him, but I get why someone would consider it. Who knows? It may pay off.

However I think, given your options I like Everett most. He's probably going to see another 8+ targets with Willliams & Allen out and the Chargers essentially use him as a big WR anyway. He's not really an in-line TE. He seems like a safe floor guy playing for the best QB of your options and has some TD potential. I don't see that with the others so much.

Everett>Cooks>Wan'Dale>Toney

Users who are viewing this thread