What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 10 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Chaka

Footballguy
This is where we ask questions and offer help. And thank you to all of the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

NEW NOTE 11/02/21: I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. Posting your questions prior to 1 hour before kickoff makes that a smoother process.  TIA

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Mayfield vs Den or Matt Ryan @ Mia

3) Of course important league considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).

ETA: 4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

pick one of these RB3s playing at home for my Flex this week

• Carter v BUF
  • Javonte v PHI
  • Pollard v ATL
  • McKissic v TB
note: I’m a ginormous favorite so looking for best floor more than upside  

1) I'm still waiting on Rodgers situation at QB --  lets say he doesn't go and I just dropped Love; which of these would you pick up and play?:

• Bridgewater vs Philly
  • Heinicke vs TB
  • M. Jones vs Cle
  • Mayfield at NE
  • Garoppolo  vs LAR
  • Lawrence at Indy
  • Brissett vs Bal
2) Which defense to start?:  Baltimore at Miami; Tennessee vs NO; Green Bay vs Seattle

I've had ZERO luck picking defenses this year. --last three weeks combined scoring = 5 points 😬

Note --I'm playing league #1 this week and I'm close to being out of playoffs unless I make a run here...

Last edited by a moderator:
1) I'm still waiting on Rodgers situation at QB --  lets say he doesn't go and I just dropped Love; which of these would you pick up and play?:

• Bridgewater vs Philly
  • Heinicke vs TB
  • M. Jones vs Cle
  • Mayfield at NE
  • Garoppolo  vs LAR
  • Lawrence at Indy
  • Brissett vs Bal
2) Which defense to start?:  Baltimore at Miami; Tennessee vs NO; Green Bay vs Seattle

I've had ZERO luck picking defenses this year. --last three weeks combined scoring = 5 points 😬

Note --I'm playing league #1 this week and I'm close to being out of playoffs unless I make a run here...
I've had some real bad luck this year, but on that QB list Bridgewater vs Philly looks the most promising. Philly's DBs have been carved up by everyone they've faced outside of Detroit. 

On defense, it's touchy. GB if no Wilson. If Wilson goes, then I'd lean Tennessee. Also, if Seattle is available then they might be worth a go if Rodgers sits. I typically don't like Thursday night defenses, so that's why I don't favor Miami here. Lamar does throw picks however, so there is some potential there. 

• Bridgewater vs Philly
  • Heinicke vs TB
  • M. Jones vs Cle
  • Mayfield at NE
  • Garoppolo  vs LAR
  • Lawrence at Indy
  • Brissett vs Bal

I like Heinicke...some garbage time against a pass d that isn't that good

Okay so in keeping with posting my results from the previous week, and season long, and comparing those results with the success of a coin flip here is where the coin and I landed last week:

I was 17-8 with 0 ties in head to head calls

The coin went 15-10 with 0 ties in head to head calls.

On the season I am 121-104-13 and the coin is 115-110-13

Now, back to business.

BobbyLayne said:

• Carter v BUF
  • Javonte v PHI
  • Pollard v ATL
  • McKissic v TB
Is this PPR? That's important in this one.

It comes down to Javonte & Carter for me.  If it's a PPR then I think you are obligated to roll with Carter because the Jets are clearly willing throw it to him, particularly Mike White who is apparently in line for the start, and we think they will need to throw frequently. 

If it's not PPR I would probably roll out Javonte because he will get a similar number of touches as Carter and I think he is by far the more dynamic runner and has the better matchup on the ground.

JIslander said:

• Bridgewater vs Philly
  • Heinicke vs TB
  • M. Jones vs Cle
  • Mayfield at NE
  • Garoppolo  vs LAR
  • Lawrence at Indy
  • Brissett vs Bal

Man, I would love to go into a deep dive on those QBs but I guarantee I will land on "Throw a dart".  I think Bridgewater is the best option as he has the running game to support him and has four very solid receivers not including his RBs. But who knows.

For defense how can you not like Baltimore against Miami?  If you are averse to Thursday night games then I give a very slight edge to Tennessee over Green Bay.

Bye weeks suck....which QB

Burrow is on bye, had Winston to back him up (also have Watson eating my salary).  It's a salary/contract/Dynasty league

Grabbed Seiman off waivers last week, currently bidding on Mike White. But PJ Walker, Jacoby Brissett and Geno Smith are all sitting there too. No one is gonna trade me a QB for my bye week.

So where do I go to fill the QB slot this week

Trevor Seiman Vs TEN

Mike White Vs BUF

PJ Walker Vs ARZ

Jacoby Brissett Vs BAL

Geno Smith Vs GB

Scoring 

Passing Attempt (0.2)        

Reception (1)                          

Completion (0.5)                                                                   

Receiving, (.10)

Passing Yard (.10)                                                                 

Receiving Touchdown (6)

Passing Touchdown (6)                                                          

Return Yards, PR/KR, (.05)

Interception (-3)                                                                   

Return Touchdown PR/KR (6)

Rushing Attempt (0.2)                                                           

2 Point Conversion (2)

Rushing Yard (.10)                                                                

Fumbles Lost (-3)                   

Rushing Touchdown (6)

Man, I would love to go into a deep dive on those QBs but I guarantee I will land on "Throw a dart".  I think Bridgewater is the best option as he has the running game to support him and has four very solid receivers not including his RBs. But who knows.

For defense how can you not like Baltimore against Miami?  If you are averse to Thursday night games then I give a very slight edge to Tennessee over Green Bay.
Yeah, lean Bmore as I'm a fan; but boy have they given up the yards this season!  and low sacks and turnovers -- but really seems this should be the pick,  just not on so much on paper 🙃

Bye weeks suck....which QB

Burrow is on bye, had Winston to back him up (also have Watson eating my salary).  It's a salary/contract/Dynasty league

Grabbed Seiman off waivers last week, currently bidding on Mike White. But PJ Walker, Jacoby Brissett and Geno Smith are all sitting there too. No one is gonna trade me a QB for my bye week.

So where do I go to fill the QB slot this week

Trevor Seiman Vs TEN

Mike White Vs BUF

PJ Walker Vs ARZ

Jacoby Brissett Vs BAL

Geno Smith Vs GB
I think you rule out Geno & PJ right away. I firmly believe Wilson is going to be in the lineup and even if he isn't Geno hasn't done enough to warrant playing him on the road against that defense.

PJ is just too much of an unknown.

Brisset has a good yardage matchup on paper but I'm not very interested in rolling him out. He's got limited upside and after such a poor performance against such a weak opponent...no thanks.

Between Siemian and White...flip a coin. Payton could coach a bucket of rocks to 220 & 2, as he proves last week so Siemian is probably a safe floor option.

White has shown a ton of moxie but his resume is razor thin. He's on the road against a tough defense. The presumption is the Jets will be playing from behind leading to more passes and I agree with that. Of course I thought exactly the same thing last week. I simply can't suggest Whites upside or downside.

Siemian is the safe choice and probably the smart one. White may have more upside.

D question for NEXT week.

* PIT @LAC -- Don't love this matchup. Starting PIT this week vs DET, but thinking I need alternatives next week.

* BALT @CHI -- CHI used to be a good matchup, but Fields may be coming around. Not sure BALT is all that (although probably will look good this week).

* SF @JAX -- SF has looked terrible. You'd think the matchup is good here, but could see JAX a little spunky at home. Can be run on for sure and Robinson should be healthy.

* LV vs CINCI -- Burrow seems to be good for a couple picks per week, but they also have some firepower.

Which do you roll with NEXT week?

Thanks

BobbyLayne said:

• Carter v BUF
  • Javonte v PHI
  • Pollard v ATL
  • McKissic v TB

McKissic.  Will be in catch up mode all day, and Gibson is hurting.  His floor is 12 ppr points.  Probably closer to 20 

* PIT @LAC -- Don't love this matchup. Starting PIT this week vs DET, but thinking I need alternatives next week.

* BALT @CHI -- CHI used to be a good matchup, but Fields may be coming around. Not sure BALT is all that (although probably will look good this week).

* SF @JAX -- SF has looked terrible. You'd think the matchup is good here, but could see JAX a little spunky at home. Can be run on for sure and Robinson should be healthy.

* LV vs CINCI -- Burrow seems to be good for a couple picks per week, but they also have some firepower.

Thanks

If you have a different waiver move that you could use, I'd stick with Pitt.  Watt causes havoc all on his own, and not sure the other options are worth burning a waiver move to get them.

Not considering waiver cost, I'd say SF, PIT, BAL in that order.  No way I'm playing against Cincy with that poop Vegas D.

RB for PPR (Need 2)

• Gibson (still injured? coming off a bye vs TB)
  • Ingram (Kamara out or GTD??)
  • Peterson (some say Foreman looked better - IDK didn't see the game)
  • Rhomadre Stevenson (if he clears concussion and Harris does not?)
  • Chris Carson (worth consideration if active? and coming off of IR/neck injury at same time as Wilson)

Dernest Johnson - may be able to snag him on waivers.  Only value is based on Chubb/Covid...worthy of a start over the others if avail? 

I think I am leaning toward Ingram and Stevenson if both Kamara and Harris are out.  Good thing both are 1PM games.  The only player not at 1PM is Carson.  

Thank You

If you have a different waiver move that you could use, I'd stick with Pitt.  Watt causes havoc all on his own, and not sure the other options are worth burning a waiver move to get them.

Not considering waiver cost, I'd say SF, PIT, BAL in that order.  No way I'm playing against Cincy with that poop Vegas D.

No cost for waivers. Right now SF and LV sitting there in free agency.

SF (@JAX)...that team has got to be desperate come next week. Either that, or they've lost to the LAR (which they will) and they throw in the towel and T. Lance is starting.

Miami D was actually just dropped. They face @NYJ next week. M. White, who looks pretty good, is starting this week, but who knows, maybe Z. Wilson is back throwing ints.

BobbyLayne said:

• Carter v BUF
  • Javonte v PHI
  • Pollard v ATL
  • McKissic v TB

McKissic.  Will be in catch up mode all day, and Gibson is hurting.  His floor is 12 ppr points.  Probably closer to 20 

I love McKissic, but he’s a lot like owning my other favorite satellite RB, Nyheim Hines. You know they’ll go off X games per year, and have dreadful, low volume duds X games per year. Tough figuring out when those will come.

JDM has put up 4 studs (16.9-20.3) and 4 duds (0.8, 5.7, 1.7, 9.6)

Games with 47 total points or less: 2 studs, 2 duds

Games with 55 or more: 2 studs, 2 duds

Games decided by one score: 3 studs, 1 dud

Games decided by more than 11 points (all losses): 1 stud, 3 duds

Looking through the other end of the telescope:

4 dud games:

- close, low scoring loss

- high scoring blowout loss

- high scoring loss by 11

- low scoring loss by14

4 stud games:

- high scoring win by 1

- high scoring win by 4

- low scoring blowout loss

- low scoring close loss

:shrug:

The predictability is game script dependent - but it’s not quite as simple as “they’ll be behind” or “that one will be a shootout.” He had good and bad G with Fitz, he was good or bad with Taylor. He’s been good or bad with Gibson healthy or when Gibson was hurt. No discernible pattern.

Guess that’s the fun part of the hobby eh.

Standard league     -- Playing the top team and I'm 2-7 🤕

Need one;

• Van Jefferson at SF
  • Hunter Renfrow vs KC
or go get TY Hilton vs Jax of waivers 

Thanks
Defenses are random number generators. All you can do is swing and hope. Jacksonville is the best matchup on paper so I think you should roll with SF but I have no strong opinions on any of them.

RB for PPR (Need 2)

• Gibson (still injured? coming off a bye vs TB)
  • Ingram (Kamara out or GTD??)
  • Peterson (some say Foreman looked better - IDK didn't see the game)
  • Rhomadre Stevenson (if he clears concussion and Harris does not?)
  • Chris Carson (worth consideration if active? and coming off of IR/neck injury at same time as Wilson)

Dernest Johnson - may be able to snag him on waivers.  Only value is based on Chubb/Covid...worthy of a start over the others if avail? 

I think I am leaning toward Ingram and Stevenson if both Kamara and Harris are out.  Good thing both are 1PM games.  The only player not at 1PM is Carson.  

Thank You
That's a whole lot of not sure what to expect. A lot of it depends on what we see when the injury designations roll out later today.

Since everything is based upon speculation on playing status that we likely won't know until Sunday I can only make suggestions based on the assumption that all your guys are healthy.

IF Kamara is out I can see starting Ingram. It makes enough sense to roll the dice.

IF he plays Carson should be in line for a decent amount of touches. Even though he has a brutal matchup IMO he should be considered.

IF Gibson finally loses the questionable designation you have to view him as Washington's best chance to make a game of it v TB.

IF Harris is out Rhomadre has a great opportunity in a very tough matchup.

Foreman did look better but ADP doubled him up on touches and got the goal line touches.

Assuming all the chips fall your way

Ingram>Gibson>Carson/Rhomadre>ADP

No cost for waivers. Right now SF and LV sitting there in free agency.

SF (@JAX)...that team has got to be desperate come next week. Either that, or they've lost to the LAR (which they will) and they throw in the towel and T. Lance is starting.

Miami D was actually just dropped. They face @NYJ next week. M. White, who looks pretty good, is starting this week, but who knows, maybe Z. Wilson is back throwing ints.
Mike White looked good for five quarters.

The problem with starting the Miami D is that it's the Miami D. They're not very good.

When I scout streaming defenses, of course I look at the matchup but then I look at chaos plays created, sacks, fumbles & interceptions. Then I look at points allowed before considering yardage metrics. I don't consider defensive TDs as they are borne of chaos plays and require so much luck.

Chaos plays>points allowed>yardage allowed

From my view that makes Las Vegas, Pittsburgh & maybe San Francisco are your options.

Pittsburgh faces a Chargers team that can be shut down and they're home. But that Chargers team can also be among the most explosive in the game.

Raiders are in a similar situation. I won't speculate on them further until I see how they respond this week after a tough loss that they easily should have won. A loss that is on Carr, not the defense.

San Francisco is a clear step behind in chaos, points & yardage but they also clearly have the best matchup. I just wish it wasn't a cross country morning game on the road.

Looking at it this way I amend my SF recommendation from above to

Pitt>LV>SF

Mike White looked good for five quarters.

The problem with starting the Miami D is that it's the Miami D. They're not very good.

When I scout streaming defenses, of course I look at the matchup but then I look at chaos plays created, sacks, fumbles & interceptions. Then I look at points allowed before considering yardage metrics. I don't consider defensive TDs as they are borne of chaos plays and require so much luck.

Chaos plays>points allowed>yardage allowed

From my view that makes Las Vegas, Pittsburgh & maybe San Francisco are your options.

Pittsburgh faces a Chargers team that can be shut down and they're home. But that Chargers team can also be among the most explosive in the game.

Raiders are in a similar situation. I won't speculate on them further until I see how they respond this week after a tough loss that they easily should have won. A loss that is on Carr, not the defense.

San Francisco is a clear step behind in chaos, points & yardage but they also clearly have the best matchup. I just wish it wasn't a cross country morning game on the road.

Looking at it this way I amend my SF recommendation from above to

Pitt>LV>SF

LV actually works well in a PITT and LV tandem.

This week: PIT vs DET

Next week: LV vs CINCI

Following week: PIT @CINCI

And then: LV vs WASH

Hmmmm.

.5 PPR

Myles Gaskin vs Baltimore 

AJ Dillon vs Seattle
It is unfortunate you have to make the decision today as Dillon will probably get more touches if Rodgers misses the game.

Even so I think you clearly have to go with Gaskin. He has 40 more opportunities than Dillon on the season and he missed time in week 4.

Baltimore is not a ferocious defense and they give up yardage in bunches. The Ravens should put a lot of pressure on Miami to be to keep up which is good because Gaskin is their receiving back.

Gaskin is actually one of the few full time backs on the league ATM. That fact is hidden by the fact that Miami is not a good team.

Gaskin>>Dillon 

Standard league     -- Playing the top team and I'm 2-7 🤕

Need one;

• Van Jefferson at SF
  • Hunter Renfrow vs KC
or go get TY Hilton vs Jax of waivers 
You can't start Jefferson until he gets a nickname as cool as 3rd & Renfrow.

Renfrow>Jefferson>Hilton

LV actually works well in a PITT and LV tandem.

This week: PIT vs DET

Next week: LV vs CINCI

Following week: PIT @CINCI

And then: LV vs WASH

Hmmmm.
Why does Cinci equate to a positive defensive matchup in your opinion?

That's a heckuvan offense.

Why does Cinci equate to a positive defensive matchup in your opinion?

That's a heckuvan offense.
Burrow is a pick machine.

It's surprising but if you look at FBGs points allowed to D function Cinci is right up there. Intuitively it doesn't make sense, I agree.

Is this PPR? That's important in this one.

It comes down to Javonte & Carter for me.  If it's a PPR then I think you are obligated to roll with Carter because the Jets are clearly willing throw it to him, particularly Mike White who is apparently in line for the start, and we think they will need to throw frequently. 

If it's not PPR I would probably roll out Javonte because he will get a similar number of touches as Carter and I think he is by far the more dynamic runner and has the better matchup on the ground.
it’s full PPR

last week I lost by 2.41 w/ Carter (2 targets, 1 reception with Josh Johnson) - Javonte at RB2 or Pollard over Sutton & I win

probably going Carter again or JDM, though I do love the way Williams is running (good box score last week but great film all year tbh)

file this under NCAYFT…

3 losses by a combined 10.34 points, lead the league in scoring - but PA is dead last, 100+ more than the next highest team

3-6, 7th Place

.5 PPR.  

Assuming Chubb, Felton and Zach Moss are out, choose two of these three:   

D'Ernest Johnson (@NE),   Devin Singletary (@NYJ),  Darrel Williams (@ LV)

it’s full PPR

last week I lost by 2.41 w/ Carter (2 targets, 1 reception with Josh Johnson) - Javonte at RB2 or Pollard over Sutton & I win

probably going Carter again or JDM, though I do love the way Williams is running (good box score last week but great film all year tbh)

file this under NCAYFT…

3 losses by a combined 10.34 points, lead the league in scoring - but PA is dead last, 100+ more than the next highest team

3-6, 7th Place
I love Javonte but you can't go chasing last weeks stats with him unless you think they are going to absolutely crush Philly the way they did Dallas. It's possible but it seems unlikely. Javonte would be a dominant lead back but Melvin is also having an excellent season and Denver has no reason to change the work balance between the two of them.  Melvin honestly seems like he may have taken a slightly larger share of the work from Javonte as the season has progressed.

Carter is on a much worse team but his role does seem to be expanding and in the games White has started or played significant portions of he has gotten a lot of targets.

Need to add a Flex/RB3 from WW (Non-PPR, 6pt TD)...

Bell vs MIA

Stevenson vs CLE

If not a RB, I can slide Hockenson in as Flex instead.  Trying to find some pts with Chubb on COVID list.

Need to add a Flex/RB3 from WW (Non-PPR, 6pt TD)...

Bell vs MIA

Stevenson vs CLE

If not a RB, I can slide Hockenson in as Flex instead.  Trying to find some pts with Chubb on COVID list.
Sorry man, I missed this. I probably would have said Stevenson.

If Kamara sits...

Mark Ingram or Michael Carter .5 PPR
Tough call. I mean Ingram got 14 opportunities even with Kamara. Although his production per touch was pretty meh. And without Winston and Kamara New Orleans doesn't look much different than Houston.

Still Payton is one of the best coaches in the game. If anyone can scheme a decent day out of Ingram it's him.

We all expect the Bills to crush the Jets, and maybe that's valid but definitely less so after they got debacled in Jacksonville.

We only have a shred of data to judge White but one notable data point is 24 targets for Carter in about eight quarters of action.

I think this one is close enough to flip a coin, but if it was my lineup I think, despite a slightly less favorable matchup, I would favor the upside of Carter. I just think he is more capable of ripping off a big play than Ingram.

Carter>Ingram

.5 PPR.  

Never taking Singletary here.....so it's Johnson vs Williams.  You can run on Vegas, so I would probably lean Williams, but it's close.

Decimal scoring...PPR

League A: Need ONE of the following:

A.Peterson vs NO

R.Gage @ Dall

J.Landry @ NE

D.Peoples-Jones @ NE

R-Seals-Jones vs TB

League B: If C.Godwin is out need TWO of the following:

A.Peterson vs NO

B.Aiyuk vs LAR

J.Landry @ NE

T.Conklin @ LAC

R.Gage @ Dall

Never taking Singletary here.....so it's Johnson vs Williams.  You can run on Vegas, so I would probably lean Williams, but it's close.
I get to take two of the three so I could go with both Johnson and Williams.

May I ask your reasoning for not considering Singletary vs the Jets if Moss is out?   Seems like a great matchup; do you think he won't get enough carries or don't think he is very good?

.5 PPR.  

I think you have too many unknowns ATM to make a decision.

Chubb may play, CEH is trending up and Zack Moss is still in the concussion protocol.

Your decisions depend entirely on how these situations break.

Let's look at from a perspective that Chubb, CEH & Moss are OUT.

In that situation you have three solid options. I think D'Ernest & Williams are probably the right call even though they are both on the road vs tough opponents. They both have the clearest paths to the most touches. The downside for D'Ernest is that he hasn't been much of a factor in the passing game.

Singletary appears to be the most explosive runner judging by his 5 ypc and even though he is below average on the passing game he got eight targets last week and has two other games with five targets this season.

IF all three are leading their backfields his week I think Williams is your best play.

But I am going back & forth between Singletary & D'Ernest because of Singletary's matchup & potential receptions vs D'Ernest's easier path to more touches.

Williams>>D'Ernest>Singletary

I get to take two of the three so I could go with both Johnson and Williams.

May I ask your reasoning for not considering Singletary vs the Jets if Moss is out?   Seems like a great matchup; do you think he won't get enough carries or don't think he is very good?
Sure.

Agree that the matchup is good......I think the biggest problem is that....if Moss is out, then the BUF goalline back is likely Allen.  So while I think Singletary will get a decent amount of carries.....his ceiling is pretty low due to the low TD probability (and the fact that Allen will get his rushing yards as well).   Johnson and Williams are much better bets to score TDs.

That said, I will admit that I have never been a big Singletary fan.

Yeah, lean Bmore as I'm a fan; but boy have they given up the yards this season!  and low sacks and turnovers -- but really seems this should be the pick,  just not on so much on paper 🙃
Well...looks like we're off to a great start this week  :X

Here's to hoping you ignored me and opted for Tennessee.

In one league Im starting Ingram over Javonte at RB2.

However in another league Im starting Javonte over Sanders at flex. Tyler Johnson is another possibility here (0.5 ppr) if Godwin misses.

.5 PPR

Myles Gaskin vs Baltimore 

AJ Dillon vs Seattle
Man I'm bummed this isn't working out so far. Season low in targets and four drives inside the five resulting in three FGs and a Tua vulture.

I still think it was the right call but that must have been frustrating to watch.

Decimal scoring...PPR

League A: Need ONE of the following:

A.Peterson vs NO

R.Gage @ Dall

J.Landry @ NE

D.Peoples-Jones @ NE

R-Seals-Jones vs TB
League A: You have a whole lot of options each with wide variance.

I didn't see enough from AARDP (THAT'S GOLD!!!) to warrant starting, particularly as you have PPR scoring. Tennessee is full blown committee IMO.

RSJ is wildly inconsistent and too TD dependent. The matchup is great and the game script should (SHOULD) be great but you can't count on that. Also the Bucs D has done very well against passing games over the last four weeks. To be fair, if you need moon shot RSJ & Peoples are your options.

Peoples can blow the roof off at any moment but he gets maybe 3-5 targets per game. I also trust Belichik to scheme the hell out of the Browns to prevent that from happening (probably still a bit of a revenge game for him all these years later btw). But Peoples is definitely your guy, along with RSJ, if you need a moon shot.

It amazes me that Landry hasn't been able to get his season on track in 2021. I think this game lines up very well for him because beating a BB defense requires great reads and precise route running to find the soft spots. I could see 8-10 targets for Landry but I am not sure what that amounts to because of how this season has played out for him.

I think Gage is probably your call based on the principle of last man standing. He is the defacto #1 WR, he had Cordarrelle & Pitts to prevent defenses from over scheming to stop him. Trevon Diggs makes a lot of big plays but he also gets burned, a lot. The game script should (SHOULD) favor passing and, while he may not blow the doors off anyone he has enough of a resume to think that he will not be a complete dud.

Gage>Landry>People's/RSJ>ADP

Decimal scoring...PPR

League B: If C.Godwin is out need TWO of the following:

A.Peterson vs NO

B.Aiyuk vs LAR

J.Landry @ NE

T.Conklin @ LAC

R.Gage @ Dall
You know how I rank Gage>Landry>>>ADP

Aiyuk is interesting. Anyone who had high hopes or has been paying close attention sees that he has slowly (like molasses in winter) maybe, possibly turned a corner over the last two weeks. Is he finally the guy we all thought he may be coming into the season? If so he could be a league winner. Deebo has been the man but Aiyuk appears to have carved out some market share. I have no confidence in recommending him but I think he's the kind of player I personally would rather be a little early on than a little late.

The Chargers may have the #3 pass defense in my league but they have been burned by TEs. To be fair three of those guys are Kelce, Waller & Andrews but Logan Thomas had a nice game and David Njoku positively torched them. So Conklin probably has a better than usual shot at a TD and of this turns into the offensive showcase many of us expect he should be closer to his high end in targets (maybe 7-8). Yeah I could see Conklin in your lineup.

It's very difficult to rank these four options. I think it ultimately comes down to your gut calls.

I'm going to remove Landry only because that team is so Jekyll & Hyde.

I think maybe your safe/smart plays are Gage & Conklin but I might personally roll with Aiyuk & Conklin.

Tough call for me.

In one league Im starting Ingram over Javonte at RB2.

However in another league Im starting Javonte over Sanders at flex. Tyler Johnson is another possibility here (0.5 ppr) if Godwin misses.
Emmanuel Sanders? I can see that but don't underestimate the Jets (or overestimate the Bills). 

With Gronk &, I think, Brown already out Johnson already is a potential flex play. If Godwin misses the game too I could absolutely see starting him.

I love Javonte, been sitting on him all season, but don't go chasing last week's points. Demolitions of NFL teams like last week v Dallas are very rare. Philly isn't a great team but as we have been clearly reminded over the last five days the margin between great and terrible is razor thin.

Assuming a 'typical' game script you can expect Javonte to get about 13 touches for 60-80 total yards, maybe three receptions.

Gordon is playing fat too well, and is clearly the more trusted back in Denver to expect the work balance to change between him & Javonte.

I can absolutely see Javonte>Sanders and you should go with that if your gut/analysis is telling you to.

But I'd Godwin is out I like Tyler Johnson. It's more volatile and this could easily turn into a Fournette game (I personally expect that) but Brady is still going to throw it a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread