What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 11 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

just_want_2_win

Footballguy
Maybe I'm blind but I can't find a Week 11 WW edition.

Rishard Matthews

Dennis Johnson

Bobby Rainey

Brian Leonard

Mark Ingram

Jarett Boykin

Santonio Holmes

Tavon Austin

Ryan Fitzpatrick

John Carlson

Nate Burleson possible wk 12 return)

In case they somehow aren't snatched up:

Andre Brown

Vereen

Harvin

Manningham

Crabtree

Keep an eye on:

Dennis Pitta (mid-to-late Nov. possible return)

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't see a thread either.

PPR: I'll add Andre Roberts. I'm skeptical Floyd plays this week. Nice matchup vs. Jags.

Silent g? Browns coach talked about getting him more carries at the same time Willis McGahee looks horrendous.

Maybe I'm blind but I can't find a Week 11 WW edition.

Rishard Matthews

Dennis Johnson

Bobby Rainey

Brian Leonard

Mark Ingram

Jarett Boykin

Santonio Holmes
That's a nice collection of guys I'd pray I'd never have to start.
Couple weeks ago there was enough talent on the WW in most leagues to field a whole team of decent starters.

Best I can do:

Rish. Matthews

Ingram

Rainey

Housler

Henery (even with the missed FG)

Succop if dropped

This could be a good time to start loading DSTs.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Brian Leonard/Bobby rainey should get an opportunity now
Yeah but who do you take?
Leonard looks like the bellcow and Rainey the COP.
I'd personally go the other way here. Rainey's never had a shot... LEonard has been a complementary back his entire career and clearly wears down with additional usage. I think he was more trusted in this game, but that doesn't mean he's the preferred option going forward.

Rainey's never had a chance to get consistent work until last night, and he responded. Looked like he had more burst and pop than Leonard to me. I'd rather have the unknown guy that's got a chance to be something interesting than the known mediocrity of Brian Leonard.

leonard looked pretty slow. didnt they just sign rainey?
They claimed him off waivers on 10/21 - and at 5' 8" 212 lbs, that's not exactly COP size. As a size comp (and size comp only) - Gore is 5' 9" 217. Fairly similar height/weight.

Insein said:
tone1oc said:
For those of us in 2QB leagues I think Tolzien & Fitzpatrick are worth a look.
Every qb is worth a look in 2qb. Ill be targeting both this week after Seneca collapsed in the first.
Which is why I added them to the thread ;)

Who do you like better ROS?

Insein said:
tone1oc said:
Every qb is worth a look in 2qb. Ill be targeting both this week after Seneca collapsed in the first.
Which is why I added them to the thread ;)

Who do you like better ROS?
For RoS, Fitzpatrick all the way. Rodgers is likely to be back in a week or two, and TN has a soft schedule, especially through the FFB playoffs.

I'm struggling to decide between Big Ben & Carson Palmer to replace Rodgers (and Cutler and Locker, for that matter, since apparently my roster curses QBs). I'm leaning Palmer because his 2-week schedule seems better than the Steelers, but I'm not close to confident.

They claimed him off waivers on 10/21 - and at 5' 8" 212 lbs, that's not exactly COP size. As a size comp (and size comp only) - Gore is 5' 9" 217. Fairly similar height/weight.
Rainey looked alot smaller than that to me

Insein said:
tone1oc said:
Which is why I added them to the thread ;) Who do you like better ROS?
I think Tolzien might be able to do some things with those weapons but if Locker is out, Fitz has shown he can put up big numbers.

Take into account that Leonard went to Rutgers and what happened on Mnf, I just see him getting the grunt work with rainey the 3rd down stuff. Who knows what schiano is thinking though.

Anyone consider Dennis Johnson over Rainey/Leonard. Tate might not last which makes Johnson and this could be gold for the FF playoffs.

What do you think of Kellen Winslow? Coming off suspension, could be worthwhile in deep leagues with TE flex.

Marcedes Lewis - Cardinals are worst in the league in defending the TE + no Blackmon + he's rounding back into shape

What do you think of Kellen Winslow? Coming off suspension, could be worthwhile in deep leagues with TE flex.
I wouldn't bother even rostering unless 20+ team league.. I don't see them pushing him ahead of Cumberland (who should return this week). I'm surprised Winslow is still with the team.

Not to mention Santonio looks likely to return.

Jets really need to ditch poison like Santonio and Winslow from Geno in the offseason. :2cents:

QB's

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Jason Campbell

Alex Smith

Joe Flacco

Geno Smith

E.J. Manual

RB's

Mark Ingram - increased touches moving forward

Bobby Rainey - Mike James Injury

Brian Leonard - Mike James Injury

Dennis Johnson - an injury away from starting job in Houston

WR's

Rishard Matthews - 38 points last week, and benefits from Brandon Gibson injury.

Tavon Austin - on bye this so most likely available after putting up over 37 points last week.

Rueben Randal - may have been dropped, and easy schedule moving forward.

Greg Jennings - getting dropped in some leagues.

TE's

John Carlson

Brandon Pettigrew

Owen Daniels - targeting week 14 return

Delanie Walker - if your desperate

Defense

Houston D

Kicker

Nick Novak

The only things that scared me away from Rishard Matthews is that his performance smells a lot like an Ogeltree-type outlier, as opposed to a "now and moving forward" performance. Gibson left in week 8 - Matthews puts up the big performance in week 10...against Tampa Bay (passing yardage-wise, they're okay, but they are bottom 10 in sacks, opposing QB ratings, passing TDs allowed, etc.). That said, Matthews is "replacing" Gibson. Okay, so what? If you play in PPR, that's alright I guess (Gibson's number I mean) - but in 6 games Gibson had 3 where he had under 50 yards receiving and hasn't cracked 80 yards receiving yet this season.

I guess it depends what you are looking for. If you are looking for a decent WR3/flex possession WR that will get you a half dozen catches, and 50-75 yards, sure. Hopefully, you are not thinking his week 10 performance against Tampa is going to be his average...or anywhere near it. Week 10 was, imho, his high water mark. He's likely not more talented than Gibson and I think will perform about the same as Gibson did over the first several weeks. If that's what you need, by all means add him. But if you're hoping to catch lightning in a bottle at WR, I think you may have to keep looking.

The only things that scared me away from Rishard Matthews is that his performance smells a lot like an Ogeltree-type outlier, as opposed to a "now and moving forward" performance. Gibson left in week 8 - Matthews puts up the big performance in week 10...against Tampa Bay (passing yardage-wise, they're okay, but they are bottom 10 in sacks, opposing QB ratings, passing TDs allowed, etc.). That said, Matthews is "replacing" Gibson. Okay, so what? If you play in PPR, that's alright I guess (Gibson's number I mean) - but in 6 games Gibson had 3 where he had under 50 yards receiving and hasn't cracked 80 yards receiving yet this season.

I guess it depends what you are looking for. If you are looking for a decent WR3/flex possession WR that will get you a half dozen catches, and 50-75 yards, sure. Hopefully, you are not thinking his week 10 performance against Tampa is going to be his average...or anywhere near it. Week 10 was, imho, his high water mark. He's likely not more talented than Gibson and I think will perform about the same as Gibson did over the first several weeks. If that's what you need, by all means add him. But if you're hoping to catch lightning in a bottle at WR, I think you may have to keep looking.
I certainly don't think he's going to approach his week 10 performance going forward. And I play in PPR leagues, where a guy like Mathews has some value. I picked him mainly on the strength of his 14 targets. I don't plan to start him here in week 11, but it's worth a stash and see if he gets back to double digit targets. If not, he's an anomoly Jason Avant type that gets thrown back to the wire. But if he hits, you got a cheap WR3/flex potential guy going forward. No real risk as my WR6, who could be more. If not quickly cut losses and move on to the next waiver du jour.

I'd personally go the other way here. Rainey's never had a shot... LEonard has been a complementary back his entire career and clearly wears down with additional usage. I think he was more trusted in this game, but that doesn't mean he's the preferred option going forward.

Rainey's never had a chance to get consistent work until last night, and he responded. Looked like he had more burst and pop than Leonard to me. I'd rather have the unknown guy that's got a chance to be something interesting than the known mediocrity of Brian Leonard.
FBG's top 200 gives a lot of love to Leonard, but reading Waldman's take in his latest Gut Check made me go out and get Rainey. In the end, it's very possible that neither is going to lead fantasy teams to a championship. But I'm convinced that Leonard's ceiling isn't worth investing into, but Rainey could be the late season home run. Given a choice to burn one roster spot, I always go for the higher upside.

Users who are viewing this thread