What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 Waiver Wire Defense (1 Viewer)

NYG has been tearing it up in my league (ffpc) lately where PA don't count against you (not like it would have mattered).

bye

That's what they've done and I've been riding them ever since they came out of the bye. NFC East games are super unpredictable so I'm not sure how I feel about this but they just haven't given me a reason to sit them. I feel like a lot of this is also predicated on the health of JPP.

They acquired Beason as well to help solidify the LB corps. That being said, Dallas would concern me a little... but NO just handled them completely, so... go figure.

Not sure why people think this is a tough week. This is probably the most options Ive seen in weeks.

BAL, IND, HOU, NO, CLE, & STL are all legit options and most are available on WW.
Yes, there are a lot of decent options...and I'm afraid any one I choose is gonna flop.

But anyways, I picked up Baltimore in one league. At some point, the good/bad/good/bad Jets pattern has to stop. Maybe it's more of a Jets sucking on the road thing, at least I hope so.

Ravens aren't available in another league where I need a D though. I currently have Arizona. They were a bit disappointing vs. the Jags last week, but they are a much better home team. Then again, Indy isn't anyone's idea of a great match-up. I'm looking at the Browns on the waiver wire. Can't put too much stock in the Steelers from last week at home going against a Detroit team that doesn't get sacks and has a terrible secondary. I'm also giving Green Bay a look.

I've been riding Bengals/Giants playing matchups the last few weeks, but this week I'm torn. Love the Giants current scoring streak, but have been considering dumping them for the Titans to roll vs Oak. The 1 point out of them last week vs Indy scares me somewhat though

league 1: Rams v Chicago, no Cutler & Rams coming off a bye at home. Really like this one. Choosing the Rams over the Browns at home against the Steerlers as my backup D that I also like a lot. I find myself waffling. I like both of these defenses a lot this week.

league 2: Houston at home vs Jacksonville. JAX is no longer a sure shot play against defense, but I still think it's a high floor if not high ceiling play. No safety net defense here so it's Houston or bust.

league 3: New Orleans at ATL. Atlanta is a mess across the board. I'm benching Matt Ryan and Tony G in this league expecting a Thursday Night slaughter. Starting over backup Arizona defense who have a nice matchup against Indy. I like New Orleans higher floor and higher ceiling here.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think we're all wasting a lot of mental energy. This just feels like one of those weeks where most of the available options will score between 5-10 points, and we're just throwing darts on which will be at which end of that spectrum. Just go with your gut and assume it probably won't end up deciding your match-up.

I'm in a deep league and had to pick DET this week. I figure they're at home and Glennon/Rainey/Leonard have to be due for some stinker moments. They look awful defensively though; only 16 sacks all year? Is there any hope? I'd be happy with 5 pts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in a deep league and had to pick DET this week. I figure they're at home and Glennon/Rainey/Leonard have to be due for some stinker moments. They look awful defensively though; only 16 sacks all year? Is there any hope? I'd be happy with 5 pts.
I'm keen on Detroit as well but have yet to pull the trigger. I have no other reason than the feeling that they are due for a big game at home here. Coming off that loss to play at home against a team like Tampa seems ripe for a spanking here. And you could very well wheel them back on Thanksgiving, at home vs JR Tolkien. (I have Denver so that's a 2 for 1 deal for me - Den @ KC)

The only reason I haven't done it already is because someone dropped STL. (who I couldn't start the next week at SF)

My gut vs the numbers, hmmm...

I have picked up 3 defenses for the stretch run. Deep rosters in a dynasty league

Week 12 New Orleans vs. Atlanta OR Houston vs. Jax

Week 13 Cleveland vs. Jax

Week 14 Houston @ Jax OR Saints vs. Panthers

Week 15 Saints @ St. Louis

Is this a decent plan with waiver wire defenses going forward?

I picked up Tenn. Im going to bench Den and might drop both next week if the right D is available. About 4 teams in my league are streaming Ds.

Yeah, Saints looked rough early on, but that D figured it out and gave me a nice game in my scoring system as well (had dumped HOU after last week's debacle for want of playmakers other than Watt). Preparing to roll with Buff from here through week 16.

I grabbed the Rams and am now debating between them and the Giants this week. Not going to start a thread in the AC forum but any thoughts would be appreciated. Leaning towards rams now.

I grabbed the Rams and am now debating between them and the Giants this week. Not going to start a thread in the AC forum but any thoughts would be appreciated. Leaning towards rams now.
Really like the Rams ROS, and while this week's match-up isn't great, if you're choosing between a bunch of mediocre match-ups you might as well just lock them up now and not risk someone else grabbing them for the playoffs.

Really like the Rams ROS, and while this week's match-up isn't great, if you're choosing between a bunch of mediocre match-ups you might as well just lock them up now and not risk someone else grabbing them for the playoffs.
Yea, I like them for ROS and NE as well for that. I grabbed them as a defensive move as well to keep them off other teams. The guy I am playing would have grabbed them over the steelers for sure if i didn't I always like home teams over away teams for a D/ST if I have a choice and it isn't a complete no brainer.

Man, I'm usually the guy who says that if you're agonizing over a streaming D, your decision probably won't matter. Whichever D you pick will get you 5-10 points, but you won't be able to predict which end of the range they'll be at, and it probably won't decide your match-up anyway.

Still, this week has me going back and forth. Have used ARI the past two weeks, and they've been fine, but I got scared off by the Indy match-up and picked up Dallas. Then I got scared off by all the injuries and picked up Cleveland. Now I'm suddenly circling back to ARI. Yes, the match-up isn't great, but they're a very talented D playing at home. Did you realize that Football Outsiders has them as the No. 1 DVOA, ahead of Carolina, Seattle and Cinci? True, good real-life D does not mean good fantasy D (they're No. 6 in my league), but it sure doesn't hurt.

At this point, the strongest argument in Cleveland's favor is that I can be assured of getting them for next week's match-up vs Jax.

houston was respectable...may hold them for the other jax matchup. going to have to find someone different for next week though. no way I play HOU vs NE

#### you Cleveland....zero?!?!
Should have warned you that would happen since I started them!!!!

Since I dropped the Panthers on their bye week and thinking of their playoffs against Saints I have been a mess at streaming.

Past 4 weeks my teams have scored:

#### you Cleveland....zero?!?!
I'd have taken a 0, they got me -1. Horrible performance. I'm even a little nervous playing them against Jacksonville next week. I should've never dropped the Panthers D or even the Cardinals after I used them last week.

Users who are viewing this thread