What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 13 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Start 1:

Cousins
Lawrence
Watson
M. Jones
Lawrence seems to be a clear choice to me. Good supporting cast, great matchup, playing very hot...seems to be the best balance of floor & upside.

I don't trust Deshaun after two years away from live action.

You never know what the Pats offense is going to do.

I like Cousins as a safe floor guy and he should be good for 250 & 2 TD but it is a very tough matchup.

Lawrence>Cousins>Mac/Deshaun

Start 1:

Cousins
Lawrence
Watson
M. Jones
Lawrence seems to be a clear choice to me. Good supporting cast, great matchup, playing very hot...seems to be the best balance of floor & upside.

I don't trust Deshaun after two years away from live action.

You never know what the Pats offense is going to do.

I like Cousins as a safe floor guy and he should be good for 250 & 2 TD but it is a very tough matchup.

Lawrence>Cousins>Mac/Deshaun
Thanks...We're in lock step.

A trade question in a PPR league...

I recently secured Geno as a plan B for J. Fields and an owner is still hot for him despite his status (and a bye next week). I'm fighting for a playoff spot myself, but I'm resigning myself to having either a seriously compromised Fields this week or a Fields who essentially isn't playing until week 15 (and for all I know I may be out of it by then). So it's win now baby.

Trade proposed:

* I give J. Fields and M. Pitman

* I get C. Kirk

This seems lopsided, but wait a minute.

I'm most likely not playing Fields (and have Geno @LAR). While giving up M. Pittman hurts, he faces @DAL this week and Diggs and next week has a bye. Meanwhile, I'll still have J. Chase, B. Aiyuk, JuJu, and now C. Kirk. C. Kirk faces DET this week and then faces the TN secondary next week. Kirk can help me the next two weeks and I could argue Kirk is a better play than Pittman this week.

Would love to wait on this to see if Fields gets healthier, but if he doesn't, his value will plummet.

Do it understanding schedules and circumstances?

Thanks

I recently secured Geno as a plan B for J. Fields and an owner is still hot for him despite his status (and a bye next week). I'm fighting for a playoff spot myself, but I'm resigning myself to having either a seriously compromised Fields this week or a Fields who essentially isn't playing until week 15 (and for all I know I may be out of it by then). So it's win now baby.

Trade proposed:

* I get C. Kirk

I'm most likely not playing Fields (and have Geno @LAR). While giving up M. Pittman hurts, he faces @DAL this week and Diggs and next week has a bye. Meanwhile, I'll still have J. Chase, B. Aiyuk, JuJu, and now C. Kirk. C. Kirk faces DET this week and then faces the TN secondary next week. Kirk can help me the next two weeks and I could argue Kirk is a better play than Pittman this week.

Would love to wait on this to see if Fields gets healthier, but if he doesn't, his value will plummet.

Thanks
Do you have QB options for week 15 & 17 when Geno faces the Niners & Jets or is this a ride-or-die situation?

Trade proposed:

* I get C. Kirk

Thanks

Trade proposed:

* I get C. Kirk

Thanks
Do you have QB options for week 15 & 17 when Geno faces the Niners & Jets or is this a ride-or-die situation?

No but I really can't be concerned with weeks 15 and beyond. I'm on the outside looking in on a playoff spot (despite high point totals...and of course leading league in points against). Need wins now.

It's a 4 pt per QB league. QBs have a way of being dropped in this league. And right now, a quick perusal of available QBs shows Tanny (LAC) and M. White (DET). THey'd do fine if I'm lucky enough to still be in the mix.

Superflex, 1 pt per 25 yds passing and 4 pts per TD pass.

Need to start 2:

Brady vs NO
D Jones vs WAS
Cousins vs NYJ
Despite his recent struggles against them, I'd go Brady against NO. Brady should have a fully healthy supporting cast for the 1st time this week.

Standard: Pick 2
N Harris @ ATL (Health an issue)
Hunt @ HOU
K Williams v SEA
DPJ @ HOU
Snell @ ATL (Only if Harris ruled out)
Z Knight @ MIN (only Carter ruled out)

QB
D Watson @ HOU
Geno @ LAR
Fields v GB

Thx
I'd go Watson at QB. Just think he's gonna be heavily featured this week.

I'd start Najee if he's playing, but I'm not expecting him to. Thinking Warren is the Steelers RB this week. So, I'll say, Peoples-Jones and Knight (assuming Carter is out) otherwise Kyren if Carter is playing.

Packers or Patriots?
C. Watson or G. Davis?
TIA
I'd go NE. Matchup is worse sure, but the defense is just so much better.

I like Watson more than Davis. Has a higher floor and ceiling in my opinion, in addition to a better matchup.

Standard scoring, can only start 2 RBs, no flex:

J Taylor @ Dal
R Stevenson vs Buf
K Walker @ Rams

Don't think I can bench Taylor. It's mainly a toss-up for me between the other two and I've had really bad luck with 50/50 decisions this year.

TIA
Stevenson>Taylor>Walker is how I see it.

Continued appreciation for the feedback and detailed responses...6-6 and playoffs very much w/in reach but need the W.

standard scoring/ppr and bonus @ 100 yds receiving or rushing (not combined)

RB x1 to pair w/ Taylor
J Wilson
G Edwards
(leaning Wilson)

WR x1 to pair w/ Keenan
J. Myers (Thurs night game + is he close to 100%?)
Diontae Johnson
T. Burks - (hardly even a consideration lol)

Flex x1
Any of the above players above not selected

Thanks Again.
Wilson and Gus for sure. I'd go Diontae at WR, in a great matchup.

Start 1:

Cousins
Lawrence
Watson
M. Jones
Watson

This past week I started everyone wrong so this week I come to you with one decision.

RB2
Pacheco vs Cin
BRobinson vs Giants
Very interesting dilemma.

Pachco has been remarkably good running and has received a consistent 18 carries per game over his last three games averaging 4.9 y/c. He also has 5 rushes from inside the 5 yard line too (1 TD). He seems like a strong option, and in that offense he is a strong option. The downside I see is:
1) the Rams game feels a bit like an outlier for usage, he had 7 more opportunities (22) than his previous high water mark (16), so I think tempering expectations to 15 carries is appropriate.​
2) KC is still a pass first team. In strong wins against Jax & the Rams the pass:run ratio was 35:27 & 42:30, in a close game v the Chargers it was 34:27. In those three games Pacheco's snap counts were 56%, 51% & 40%. With Mahomes & Reid there is always the chance of the run game getting mostly ignored.​
3) this is a reasonably difficult matchup and I wouldn't hold out hope of being able to predict game script. A shootout? Maybe, last two times they met it was 27-24 & 31-34. But predicting game script is an exercise in futility (Buf 24 KC 20). And if it is a shoot out, or a close game on any level, Pacheco's snap count will probably drop in favor of McKinnon like it did against the Chargers (40%).​
Robinson has been, kind of a pedestrian runner all season until he finally had a very nice game last week against a bad Atlanta rush defense. Maybe it was an outlier, maybe Robinson if finally back from the gunshot wound and is showing what the Commodores saw in TC. The good news is Robinson is facing, arguably a worse run defense this week. The Giants give up more yards & more yards per carry than the Falcons. The Giants are also in a bit of a free fall (losing 3 of 4) while the Commodores appear to be surging, winning 6 of 7 games. In addition the Commodores are a run first team since Heinicke took over with pass:run ratios of 33:38, 31:28 28:30, 29:49, 27:40, 23:37 over their last four games. They average 37 rush attempts per game over their last six (Heinicke starts) compared to 28 per game for the Chiefs during Pacheco's recent three game run. The Chiefs have had 37 rush attempts once this season (week 4) and one game with 30. I believe Robinson will get 18 carries regardless of game script. But there is plenty of risk:
1) Washington, with Heinicke, scores about 8.6 fewer points per game than the Chiefs.​
2) Robinson doesn't get a more of a snap share than Pacheco. Over Robinson's last six (since Heinicke) he averages 29 snaps per game, Pacheco over his las three (because that is where his utilization seems to have taken a jump) he averages 33 snaps (28 over his 5 games as a starter). What this means is they are likely to see a similar number of snaps. And probably a nearly identical amount of utilization.​
So, how do we make a decision here? I have just spent far, far too much of a workday playing with numbers hoping they would illuminate something, anything. What it comes down to is I think Pacheco has the higher ceiling, because he's on a better team, and the lower floor because in a close game or loss McKinnon seems to be the favored option.

If it was my roster I think I go with the surging Commodores against the flailing Giants but, it really is a coin toss.

Robinson>Pacheco

:shrug: wish I could be more helpful.
Thanks for this. I was leaning Robinson over Pacheco as well despite Pacheco being ranked higher than Robinson on every single ranking list I have seen. That being said, it looks like BOTH McKinnon AND Gibson missed practice today so maybe my decision will be made for me. Now I am going to throw you a curveball. If BOTH McKinnon AND Gibson miss this week's game, WDIS between them (probably still Robinson) or do I start them both and bench my current flex (Christian Watson). Its a half ppr league.

Im currently 6-6 and have to win my last 2 games to make the playoffs.

This past week I started everyone wrong so this week I come to you with one decision.

RB2
Pacheco vs Cin
BRobinson vs Giants
Very interesting dilemma.

Pachco has been remarkably good running and has received a consistent 18 carries per game over his last three games averaging 4.9 y/c. He also has 5 rushes from inside the 5 yard line too (1 TD). He seems like a strong option, and in that offense he is a strong option. The downside I see is:
1) the Rams game feels a bit like an outlier for usage, he had 7 more opportunities (22) than his previous high water mark (16), so I think tempering expectations to 15 carries is appropriate.​
2) KC is still a pass first team. In strong wins against Jax & the Rams the pass:run ratio was 35:27 & 42:30, in a close game v the Chargers it was 34:27. In those three games Pacheco's snap counts were 56%, 51% & 40%. With Mahomes & Reid there is always the chance of the run game getting mostly ignored.​
3) this is a reasonably difficult matchup and I wouldn't hold out hope of being able to predict game script. A shootout? Maybe, last two times they met it was 27-24 & 31-34. But predicting game script is an exercise in futility (Buf 24 KC 20). And if it is a shoot out, or a close game on any level, Pacheco's snap count will probably drop in favor of McKinnon like it did against the Chargers (40%).​
Robinson has been, kind of a pedestrian runner all season until he finally had a very nice game last week against a bad Atlanta rush defense. Maybe it was an outlier, maybe Robinson if finally back from the gunshot wound and is showing what the Commodores saw in TC. The good news is Robinson is facing, arguably a worse run defense this week. The Giants give up more yards & more yards per carry than the Falcons. The Giants are also in a bit of a free fall (losing 3 of 4) while the Commodores appear to be surging, winning 6 of 7 games. In addition the Commodores are a run first team since Heinicke took over with pass:run ratios of 33:38, 31:28 28:30, 29:49, 27:40, 23:37 over their last four games. They average 37 rush attempts per game over their last six (Heinicke starts) compared to 28 per game for the Chiefs during Pacheco's recent three game run. The Chiefs have had 37 rush attempts once this season (week 4) and one game with 30. I believe Robinson will get 18 carries regardless of game script. But there is plenty of risk:
1) Washington, with Heinicke, scores about 8.6 fewer points per game than the Chiefs.​
2) Robinson doesn't get a more of a snap share than Pacheco. Over Robinson's last six (since Heinicke) he averages 29 snaps per game, Pacheco over his las three (because that is where his utilization seems to have taken a jump) he averages 33 snaps (28 over his 5 games as a starter). What this means is they are likely to see a similar number of snaps. And probably a nearly identical amount of utilization.​
So, how do we make a decision here? I have just spent far, far too much of a workday playing with numbers hoping they would illuminate something, anything. What it comes down to is I think Pacheco has the higher ceiling, because he's on a better team, and the lower floor because in a close game or loss McKinnon seems to be the favored option.

If it was my roster I think I go with the surging Commodores against the flailing Giants but, it really is a coin toss.

Robinson>Pacheco

:shrug: wish I could be more helpful.
Thanks for this. I was leaning Robinson over Pacheco as well despite Pacheco being ranked higher than Robinson on every single ranking list I have seen. That being said, it looks like BOTH McKinnon AND Gibson missed practice today so maybe my decision will be made for me. Now I am going to throw you a curveball. If BOTH McKinnon AND Gibson miss this week's game, WDIS between them (probably still Robinson) or do I start them both and bench my current flex (Christian Watson). Its a half ppr league.

Im currently 6-6 and have to win my last 2 games to make the playoffs.
I might lean a little harder into Robinson in that case. McKissic is on IR and I am not sure who the next man up would be (Samuel maybe). Whoever it is Robinson is probably in line for more carries as Gibson was getting over 11 carries per game over the last 6. Robinson will probably see a reception or two bump but the real room for growth is Gibson's vacated carries. With Pacheco I think he will see a few more receptions but MGIII probably steps into a portion of the McKinnon roll. Pacheco was already getting the lion's share of the designed rushes so there may not be as much new work to go around.

Total speculation.

Robinson>Pacheco

2RB 3WR 1FX
.5 PPR

Wilson Jr vs SF
Stevenson vs BUF
Kamara @ TB
Jacobs vs LAC

Wilson @ MIN
Pickens @ ATL
Aiyuk vs MIA
Sutton @ BAL
DPJ @ HOU

1 TE
Moreau vs LAC
Everett vs LV

I’ll hang up and listen

Injuries and bye weeks have me picking a final flex starter from the group of underachievers below. Yardage and TDs are the same with PPR for all and 1.5 PPR for TE (Knox).

Akers, Cam LAR RB vs SEA Sun 4:05 p.m.
Coleman, Tevin FA RB (SF PS & could get the nod) vs MIA Sun 4:05 p.m.
Claypool, Chase CHI WR vs GBP Sun 1:00 p.m.
Knox, Dawson BUF TE @NEP Thu 8:15 p.m.

Currently have Knox in since at least I can watch the TNF game.

2RB 3WR 1FX
.5 PPR

Wilson Jr vs SF
Stevenson vs BUF
Kamara @ TB
Jacobs vs LAC

Wilson @ MIN
Pickens @ ATL
Aiyuk vs MIA
Sutton @ BAL
DPJ @ HOU

1 TE
Moreau vs LAC
Everett vs LV

I’ll hang up and listen
Stevenson, Jacobs, Aiyuk & G.Wilson seem like locks and with Keenan Allen back so does Moreau.

Since you have some PPR value Kamara & Sutton are probably your safest options. Both have been huge disappointments but Kamara still catches a ton of balls and has some ability to house a long one or get a goal line opportunity. I would be pretty locked into him in your flex spot. Wilson's matchup could not be more brutal, always a shot at a goal line plunge but difficult to see much more.

Sutton is a volume play hoping to floor around 5-60-0 but it's difficult to see much upside. But if Sutton attended Russ's birthday party there may be some hope.

If you're looking for more of an upside play then Pickens over Sutton is interesting, particularly if Najee is out. I still think the Steelers want to run 40x/game but against this defense, maybe Pickens finally stops teasing and puts it all together. It's probably the direction I would go as I gamble a bit, but it's still a spec play.

I like DPJ but I'm off him this week until we see Watson still knows how to play football.

Jacobs>Stevenson>Aiyuk>G.Wilson>Kamara>Pickens>Sutton>DPJ>J.Wilson

Moreau>Everett

Trade proposed:

* I get C. Kirk

Thanks

Trade proposed:

* I get C. Kirk

Thanks

No but I really can't be concerned with weeks 15 and beyond. I'm on the outside looking in on a playoff spot (despite high point totals...and of course leading league in points against). Need wins now.

It's a 4 pt per QB league. QBs have a way of being dropped in this league. And right now, a quick perusal of available QBs shows Tanny (LAC) and M. White (DET). THey'd do fine if I'm lucky enough to still be in the mix.
Then, since it seems like you're really playing week-to-week, yes. No risk it, no biscuit.

And I would target Mike White v Detroit.

Injuries and bye weeks have me picking a final flex starter from the group of underachievers below. Yardage and TDs are the same with PPR for all and 1.5 PPR for TE (Knox).

Really not much to work with here but, since Justin Fields was a full go in practice, I would consider Claypool. He's been in the offense for a month and is now the #1 WR with Mooney out at home against a fading Packers team.

But Knox is as good an option as any I guess. Ultimately you're trying to capture an infrequent good game for one of these guys and he's as good a guess as any.

I have no interest in Akers or Coleman. Sure,.it could happen I guess but it gives me stress just thinking about it. At least with the others you feel a little hope.

Claypool>Knox>Coleman>Akers

Here is interesting for good side

go with Josh Allen or Joe Burrow

2 of Barkley, Henry, Walker, Stevenson

• GREEN : BUF @ NEP -
    Windy up until the game, but not during it. There's a wind advisory that ends at 5pm, and winds will quickly drop by gametime. Sustained winds should be around 10mph, temp around the freezing mark.

Is Folk an automatic start with 10mph winds or pivot to Myers vs LAR?

2RB 3WR 1FX
.5 PPR

Wilson Jr vs SF
Stevenson vs BUF
Kamara @ TB
Jacobs vs LAC

Wilson @ MIN
Pickens @ ATL
Aiyuk vs MIA
Sutton @ BAL
DPJ @ HOU

1 TE
Moreau vs LAC
Everett vs LV

I’ll hang up and listen
Jacobs and Stevenson at RB

Wilson and Aiyuk for sure at WR, I'm leaning ever so slightly toward Pickens for the 3rd spot. Like the matchup a lot.

Everett at TE

I like Kamara ever so slightly over Wilson at flex. Just like the matchup a lot more, as TB isn't the TB of old.

I'd go Claypool. He's pretty much the last man standing at WR for Chicago and could see 7-10 targets, good chance Fields is back this week too.

Nice freakin' team!

I'm not sure I'd ever bench Josh Allen.

I'd go Henry and Stevenson, I guess. Not super excited about Henry, but I really don't like Barkley's matchup this week, and Walker (and Henry to be fair) is starting to become TD dependent.

Need 2 PPR

Rhamondre stevenson vs Buff
Barkley vs Wash
MCcaffery vs Mia
Etienne vs Det
Pollard vs IND

Thanks
I'd go Stevenson for sure. Right now, I'd lean Barkley in the 2nd spot, but I'm to CMC's if we get good health news.

Windy up until the game, but not during it. There's a wind advisory that ends at 5pm, and winds will quickly drop by gametime. Sustained winds should be around 10mph, temp around the freezing mark.

I'm not worried about the wind, but I prefer Myers anyway.

2RB 3WR 1FX
.5 PPR

Wilson Jr vs SF
Stevenson vs BUF
Kamara @ TB
Jacobs vs LAC

Wilson @ MIN
Pickens @ ATL
Aiyuk vs MIA
Sutton @ BAL
DPJ @ HOU

1 TE
Moreau vs LAC
Everett vs LV

I’ll hang up and listen
Jacobs and Stevenson at RB

Wilson and Aiyuk for sure at WR, I'm leaning ever so slightly toward Pickens for the 3rd spot. Like the matchup a lot.

Everett at TE

I like Kamara ever so slightly over Wilson at flex. Just like the matchup a lot more, as TB isn't the TB of old.

I'd go Claypool. He's pretty much the last man standing at WR for Chicago and could see 7-10 targets, good chance Fields is back this week too.

Nice freakin' team!

I'm not sure I'd ever bench Josh Allen.

I'd go Henry and Stevenson, I guess. Not super excited about Henry, but I really don't like Barkley's matchup this week, and Walker (and Henry to be fair) is starting to become TD dependent.

Need 2 PPR

Barkley vs Wash
MCcaffery vs Mia
Etienne vs Det
Pollard vs IND

Thanks
I'd go Stevenson for sure. Right now, I'd lean Barkley in the 2nd spot, but I'm to CMC's if we get good health news.

I'm not worried about the wind, but I prefer Myers anyway.

Full PPR. Start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex

RB - Nick Chubb at Texans
RB - Rhamondre Stevenson vs Bills (Thursday night)
RB - Tony Pollard vs Colts
RB - Rachaad White vs Saints (Fournette likely active this week)
RB - Gus Edwards vs Broncos
RB - Jaylen Warren at Falcons (would only consider if Najee is inactive. As of Thursday, Warren 2 straight FP and Harris 2 straight DNP)
WR - CeeDee Lamb vs Colts
WR - Chris Olave at Buccaneers (Monday night)
WR - George Pickens at Falcons
WR - Joshua Palmer at Raiders (as of Thursday, Mike Williams 2 straight DNP)
WR - Treylon Burks at Eagles

Biggest question for me is WR3 (Pickens or Palmer) and then Flex have lots of options

Either but I lean Burrow this week.

Burrow>Allen

Is this PPR? Makes a big difference re: Stevenson.

But I think Walker is a must start over any RB this week. I do like Stevenson a lot too, and Saquon is getting Evan Neal back this week. If it's not-ppr at all I probably go with Henry. It it's PPR probably Stevenson.

Walker>Henry*/Rhamondre*>Saquon

Need 2 PPR

Barkley vs Wash
MCcaffery vs Mia
Etienne vs Det
Pollard vs IND

Thanks
Rhamondre & McCaffrey

Barkley for McCaffrey if the practice reports look bad.

Rhamondre>McCaffrey>Barkley>Etienne>Pollard

Two good options.

10 mph winds don't concern me.

RB - Jaylen Warren at Falcons (would only consider if Najee is inactive. As of Thursday, Warren 2 straight FP and Harris 2 straight DNP)

Biggest question for me is WR3 (Pickens or Palmer) and then Flex have lots of options
RB: Chubb, Stevenson
WR: Lamb, Olave, Palmer
Flex: Pollard

Full PPR so, yes, start Rhamondre tonight. I will look at the rest later.

Half PPR, need two and need upside after disappointing scores from Allen/Rhamondre yesterday:

Kamara @ Bucs
Elliott vs Colts
Sanders vs Titans

Different league but also half PPR, need RB and flex, need floor this time being a moderate favourite:

J Wilson @ Niners
Monty vs Packers
Lockett @ Rams
G Wilson @ Vikings
Zeke vs Colts
Pacheco @ Bungles

1/2 ppr

1-geno @ ram or dak v colt
2-starting diggs, jefferson and jacobs... need 1 RB and 1 flex from:
saquan v commander
a jones v bears
ceedee v colt
tee v. KC
3-taysom @ TB, juwan @ tb, or conklin @ minn

Continued appreciation for the feedback and detailed responses...6-6 and playoffs very much w/in reach but need the W.

standard scoring/ppr and bonus @ 100 yds receiving or rushing (not combined)

RB x1 to pair w/ Taylor
J Wilson
G Edwards
(leaning Wilson)

WR x1 to pair w/ Keenan
J. Myers (Thurs night game + is he close to 100%?)
Diontae Johnson
T. Burks - (hardly even a consideration lol)

Flex x1
Any of the above players above not selected

Thanks Again.

agree on wilson. gus will be inconsistent as far as his fantasy production goes. they wont phase drake out completely.
hope you benched meyers, i would have said diontae because of the falcons matchup
i probably would have flexed meyers so you can use that to guide how good or bad my advice is... if you didnt start meyers then i would go burks at flex

Hello Chaka, thanks for doing this. Apologies if you already answered a similar WDIS, standard scoring, just need one:

Already start CMAC (assuming he plays), K.Walker and AJ Brown. Last flex, non-ppr:

G.Edwards vs Broncos - tough matchup but Foreman ran pretty well against them last week
C.Watson @ Bears - Haven't had the stones to plug him in but he's scoring well regardless of the QB under center
T.Lockett @ Rams - Solid 4 weeks straight but this game doesn't feel like a shootout at all
JSS vs Bengals - tough to trust, still seems to be easing back in

Leaning Watson->Edwards->Lockett

We already covered Rhamondre so you need 1 RB, 3 WR & 1 Flex

Even in full PPR I don't bench Chubb for almost anyone.

For the WRs I think Lamb is your lock, after that it becomes complicated.

For the Flex I can't bench Pollard for any of your other options.

It's looking like Mike Willliams may still be a week away so I absolutely start Palmer if that is the case.

For WR 3, IMO it's a tossup between Pickens & Olave because Burks just has a brutal matchup. Mind you I think Burks can make a lot happen with 6 targets but, so can Olave & Pickens. Between the two most of the matchup metrics favor Pickens by a good margin. By almost every usage metric Olave is the play so where do you land between the two?

I honestly don't know, maybe Burks is the right call TBH, my gut tells me Olave but it also tells me Pickens and it kind of tells me Burks too. I think I would go with the player from the team I think will score most, a terrible guess at best. My gut tells me that the Steelers have the easiest path to the most points so:
WR1 & 2:
CeeDee>Palmer*

WR3:
Pickens>Olave>Burks

*If Mike Williams plays I probably still roll with Palmer against that soft Raiders team. A diminished Mike Williams is a JAG/Decoy IMO.

Flex:
Pollard

Half PPR, need two and need upside after disappointing scores from Allen/Rhamondre yesterday:

Kamara @ Bucs
Elliott vs Colts
Sanders vs Titans
If it's absolute upside you need then I think I bench Zeke, right? Zeke has been pretty solid all year but even his 2 TD games have only turned into 15 & 16 magic football points (full PPR, 1 pt 15 yds rush/rec). The others have done better

Sanders has 150 yard, 2 TD upside. Kamara has sucked most of the year but he still seems more likely to house a long one than Zeke.

If you were looking for floor I would probably bench Kamara.

Upside:
Sanders>Kamara>Zeke

Floor:
Zeke>Sanders>Kamara

Different league but also half PPR, need RB and flex, need floor this time being a moderate favourite:

J Wilson @ Niners
Monty vs Packers
Lockett @ Rams
G Wilson @ Vikings
Zeke vs Colts
Pacheco @ Bungles
IMO Zeke & Lockett have just been too steady all year.

Wilson has literally the most brutal matchup a RB can face.
Monty is in the picture for me as he has the easiest path to the most usage.
Wilson has disappeared a lot. If you're willing to bank on Mike White then I would absolutely start him, but that's an upside play not a floor play.
Pacheco looks like he is pretty stable but I am not sure how to handicap this game and even if McKinnon misses time, I don't think Pacheco sees much of a usage uptick with MG3 now in the fold.

Zeke>Lockett>Montgomery>G.Wilson>Pacheo>J.Wilson

WR and flex help in PPR.
Pick one WR and one flex. Leaning towards Evans and Kirk.

Olave @ TB
Evans @ NO
Kirk @ Det

Montgomery @ GB

1/2 ppr

saquan v commander
a jones v bears
ceedee v colt
tee v. KC
Geno & Dak are pretty much interchangeable, aren't they? I think in both cases the biggest worry is they blow out their opponent and end up running the ball 40 times. Ultimately for me it comes down to the Rams having a worse defense pretty much across the board, particularly as they lost Aaron Donald. With Stafford out their ability to put up points is highly suspect so Seattle should have more drives, more plays and more scoring opportunities.

Geno>Dak

I probably go with A. Jones as my RB. It's close but over the last five weeks Jones is getting almost as many opportunities as Barkley and he is being far, far more productive with his opportunities. He has a significantly better matchup as well.

A.Jones>Saquon

You have great flex options. It's difficult to figure out which one will lead the group. My inclination is to go with Tee. He averaged 8+ targets and 71+ yards in 5 games with Ja'Maar Chase in the lineup, KC has given up the 3rd most pass TDs and they have scored so consistently that they have the 3rd fewest rush attempts against.

But, really there are no wrong answers here.

Tee>CeeDee>Saquon

TE? IDK, I guess it depends on what you are looking for from the position. Juwann has played the most consistently, gotten the most opportunities in the receiving game and has a TD (or more) in 4 of 6 games.

But if you really want to shoot for the stars, Taysom may be an interesting option because New Orleans may need to open up the playbook again if they want to continue to give the Bucs problems.

But really it's just a W.A.G.

Juwann>Hill>Conklin

Hello Chaka, thanks for doing this. Apologies if you already answered a similar WDIS, standard scoring, just need one:

Already start CMAC (assuming he plays), K.Walker and AJ Brown. Last flex, non-ppr:

G.Edwards vs Broncos - tough matchup but Foreman ran pretty well against them last week
C.Watson @ Bears - Haven't had the stones to plug him in but he's scoring well regardless of the QB under center
T.Lockett @ Rams - Solid 4 weeks straight but this game doesn't feel like a shootout at all
JSS vs Bengals - tough to trust, still seems to be easing back in

Leaning Watson->Edwards->Lockett
For me it comes down to Watson & Lockett. Don't try to predict game scripts. The Seahawks should win, handily even but how they get there is 100% unpredictable. What I know about that game is the without Aaron Donald the Rams mediocre defense is even worse and without Stafford, Kupp, Robinson etc. their ability to score is diminished. That translates to more drives, more plays and, hopefully, more scoring opportunities for the Seahawks. Lockett is a 5-8 target guy, not a double digit high volume producer. He will get at least 5 targets and he has proven he can do a lot with those. His last two games with 5 targets he has 8 receptions, 109 yards and 2 TDs. He's a great play.

That being said, I still think I like Watson a little more. He's the hottest hand in the league, it will stop, maybe this week but how can you not continue to ride that hot hand? Simple as that really.

Watson>Lockett>Gus

WR and flex help in PPR.
Pick one WR and one flex. Leaning towards Evans and Kirk.

Olave @ TB
Evans @ NO
Kirk @ Det

Montgomery @ GB
Agree with Kirk. On the fence with Evans. He's been terribly inefficient and New Orleans has given him a lot of trouble in the recent past.

Green Bay has one of the worst rush defenses in the league and the team looks close to packing it in for the winter. Since Herbert went down Montgomery is getting 15 carries (at 4.7 y/c) and 4 targets per game (6 receptions averaging 14+ y/r). He was 5.6 y/c & 11.3 y/r against a great Jets defense, on the road with Trevor Siemian at QB. It looks like Fields will be back and I think I ride the hot hand with Montgomery.

Kirk>Montgomery>Olave>Evans

Need some QB & WR Flex help this week: 1PPR, 6/TD. Lot of juicy matchups for me this week.

QB:
Hurts (vs 28th ranked QB fantasy PA TENN)
-or-
Lawrence (vs 32nd ranked QB fantasy PA @DET)

Flex:
DeVonta Smith (vs 31st ranked WR fantasy PA TENN) (Also gives me opportunity to double up on points if I go with Hurts at QB)
-or-
George Pickens (vs 30th ranked WR fantasy PA @ATL)

Thank you as always brotha!

1/2 ppr

saquan v commander
a jones v bears
ceedee v colt
tee v. KC
Weird - this first looked like a cooking recipe to me.

Anyway, Chaka has you covered - carry on.

Need some QB & WR Flex help this week: 1PPR, 6/TD. Lot of juicy matchups for me this week.

QB:
Hurts (vs 28th ranked QB fantasy PA TENN)
-or-
Lawrence (vs 32nd ranked QB fantasy PA @DET)

Flex:
DeVonta Smith (vs 31st ranked WR fantasy PA TENN) (Also gives me opportunity to double up on points if I go with Hurts at QB)
-or-
George Pickens (vs 30th ranked WR fantasy PA @ATL)

Thank you as always brotha!
IMO you're overthinking QB. Why bench the a top 3 QB for the #15 guy? Great matchup and Lawrence could absolutely outperform Hurts but it would still, again IMO, be the wrong decision.

Hurts>Lawrence

WR is a tougher call. Again, great matchups and solid players. Pickens seems like he's on the cusp but he hasn't actually done much yet. Even with Claypool gone he has been a 6 target guy. His floor seems okay and I believe he is absolutely capable of one of those monster games we have seen from guys like Watson or Olave but...he still feels like an unknown.

DeVonta has been kind of a disappointment, IMO. He has one big game and he seems to be an 8-9 target guy so the opportunities should be there but he hasn't quite been able to break many off. Ultimately it's a very low volume passing game (~28 att/game) because it doesn't need to be more than that.

It's really a dart throw so go with your gut. I'm leaning

Pickens>DeVonta

Full PPR Flex (1)
  • Kyren Williams v SEA
  • Bam Knight @ MIN
  • Jaylen Warren @ ATL
  • Elijah Moore @ MIN
Honestly, IMO we gotta wait until we have a status on Najee. If he's out, IMO Jaylen is the clear choice.

If Najee plays...ugh...Kyren I think, maybe, possibly? I mean his snap counts and utilization are impressive and I don't think we have that data point for any of the other options.

But, man, the data points for any of these guys is virtually non-existent.

No Najee:
Jaylen>>Kyren>flip a coin

Najee plays:
Kyren>flip a coin

But, honestly there is virtually nothing to go on here.

Last edited:
.5 PPR Pick 3

Najee Harris (looks like he's playing) vs ATL

Jeff Wilson vs SF

Damien Pierce vs CLE

Nico Collins (no Cooks) vs CLE

and

SEA vs LAR

PHI vs TEN

Last edited:
Defense question (or random point generator question).

* SEA D @LAR - Wolford starting, not Perkins. LAR's offensive woes well documented. SEA D looked horrendous last week with Jacobs running all over them. That said, the LAR team could be falling apart everywhere. Originally was thinking Wolford was an upgrade over Perkins, but maybe not. Wolford more likely to take sacks possibly.

OR

* CLE D @ HOU -- Watson back, revenge game, blah blah. B. Cooks out. CLE statistically with a terrible run D so maybe Pierce gets some run here. HOU similar to LAR as an offense to target with Ds.

Two mediocre Ds against bad offenses. Both highly ranked with SEA D getting the "expert" edge.

Which one?

Thanks

.5 PPR Pick 3

Najee Harris (looks like he's playing) vs ATL

Jeff Wilson vs SF

Damien Pierce vs CLE

Nico Collins (no Cooks) vs CLE
I'm pretty down on J. Wilson this week. Cross country game, both OTs doubtful against, by far the best run D in the league that hasn't allowed a point in 10 of their last 16 quarters.

If it was full PPR I would be more excited about Collins but he has been getting 9 targets/game over the last 3. Not sure there is a ton of room for a bump without Cooks but maybe he gets 11-12? Maybe not.

I still believe the intent is for the offense to run through Pierce but, man last week was brutal. Still, he got 6 targets and he's facing a bad run defense. Maybe the Browns rally around Watson, maybe they had already rallied around Brissett...

But do you really want to put so much capital in the Texans offense? I think probably not.

The Dolphins may still be able to move the ball and a goal line plunge isn't out of the realm of possibility...

With zero confidence:
Pierce>Wilson>Collins

Hola, dudes. Little help with my standard league flex starts?

Standard league, 6pt TD. Need 2 of these 4:

Pacheco @ CIN
Kirk @ DET
Wilson Jr @ SF
Patterson v PIT

Thanks for the thoughts.

SEA vs LAR

PHI vs TEN
Random number generators.

Typically I'm all about putting in your best players and Philly is your best player. But Tennessee has an efficient offense. Not flashy but they can do enough to cost most defensive bonuses. They don't turn the ball over (11 times all year) or give up a lot of sacks (2/game).

The Rams OTOH have given up 38 sacks (30th) and 17 turnovers (27th).

The Seahawks are 4th in takeaways (19) and have 28 sacks (middle of the pack).

Might be worth the roll of the dice on them.

Sea>Phi

Defense question (or random point generator question).

* SEA D @LAR - Wolford starting, not Perkins. LAR's offensive woes well documented. SEA D looked horrendous last week with Jacobs running all over them. That said, the LAR team could be falling apart everywhere. Originally was thinking Wolford was an upgrade over Perkins, but maybe not. Wolford more likely to take sacks possibly.

OR

* CLE D @ HOU -- Watson back, revenge game, blah blah. B. Cooks out. CLE statistically with a terrible run D so maybe Pierce gets some run here. HOU similar to LAR as an offense to target with Ds.

Two mediocre Ds against bad offenses. Both highly ranked with SEA D getting the "expert" edge.

Which one?

Thanks
Sea>Cle

Seattle is better and the Rams worse in the important metrics (turnovers & sacks).

Not close IMO.

Then again, random number generators.

Hola, dudes. Little help with my standard league flex starts?

Standard league, 6pt TD. Need 2 of these 4:

Pacheco @ CIN
Kirk @ DET
Wilson Jr @ SF
Patterson v PIT

Thanks for the thoughts.
Kirk 100% IMO. Not close really.

I'm pretty comfortable with Pacheco here too. Better matchup than Wilson, by leaps and bounds and more utilization than Patterson. Maybe if Patterson gets you points for return yardage and TDs but otherwise:

Kirk>>Pacheco>Patterson>Wilson

TE question in PPR league.

* G. Everett @LV -- Should be a shootout in Vegas. Two terrible Ds. LV statistically poor vs TEs (and everything basically). M. Williams out. Was disappointing last week against AZ D (statistically worst against TEs), but saved his day with a 2 pt conversion. Went 3-54-1 earlier in the year vs. Vegas on 4 targets.

or

* H. Hurst vs KC -- Been pretty solid. Should be a lot of points scored. KC statistically not very good against TEs, however, read a stat on FPros that KC is tough against "inline TEs" while terrible vs TEs who move out wide. Hurst is an inline TE. That being said, if Chase is back...especially if he's a decoy...it could open up the middle of the field.

Which?

Thanks

Am I an idiot for benching a top D in SF for TB? I know they're random number generators but I need the numbers to go my way this week!

Am I an idiot for benching a top D in SF for TB? I know they're random number generators but I need the numbers to go my way this week!
Well, New Orleans turns over the ball a lot more than Miami. The Saints have given it up 21 times (32nd) compared to 11 times for Miami (T-3rd). Neither Tampa Bay 11 (T-25th) or San Francisco 14 (T-14th) take away the ball particularly well. Both Miami (23) & the Saints (26) have similar sack rates and the Bucs have three more sacks (36) than the Niners (33). The Niners do have the best scoring defense at 15.7ppg but the Bucs aren't far behind with 18.5ppg. The Dolphins are scoring 25.6ppg to only 20.8ppg for the Saints.

The Dolphins hold onto the ball for 30m 18s per game to 28m 57s for the saints but over the last three games the Saints are down to 25m 47s and on the road they are at 26m 31s. The Dolphins are pretty rock steady at 30m 08s over their last three and 30m 22s on the road.

So, no you are not an idiot for considering the Bucs over the Saints.

Users who are viewing this thread