What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 13 DFS (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
Interesting night.

$1 in, $1 out with 20 entires in the 5 cent pouch.

Ran those 4 lineups in a college ticket contest with big overlay.

16 x $4 = $64 spent.

8 x $9 tickets = $72

88 people tied for a ticket.  I assume they'll chop the value of the winning positions.  If so, 42 x $9 / 88 = $4.30 per.  I would net $17.20 here.  If they just go with the tickets, then I'll net $36 in tickets.

Ended up with 8 tickets.  Fortunately that contest only 82% filled so 27% get paid.  Will need 3 min cashes to come out ahead.  Odds are slightly against me coming out profitable.  When you factor in my lack of skill v. the pros, I was probably better off sitting this one out despite several advantages breaking my way.

Here's how I will burn money this week:

- about a third of my lineups are bottom dwelling at the quarterback position (a Big Ben swan song versus Baltimore and Jimmy G / Kittle renaissance).

- biggest exposure at running back is Gibson with McKissic out and Sanders with Boston Scott sick.  I'll probably shave that Sanders exposure in the morning.

- More exposure to Renfrow and DJax than to Foster Moreau.  Heavy on Gronk, Ertz, Kittle and Uzomah.

- Way too much exposure to Mooney and Renfrow for my own good, but I don't like the alternatives.

Ended up with 8 tickets.  Fortunately that contest only 82% filled so 27% get paid.  Will need 3 min cashes to come out ahead.  Odds are slightly against me coming out profitable.  When you factor in my lack of skill v. the pros, I was probably better off sitting this one out despite several advantages breaking my way.

Well got the 3 min cashes.  Missed a 4th by 7 yards.

Maybe I'll finally learn my lesson to never trust Wake or Georgia.  Oh....MACation ain't a real thing.

I'm going with similar lineups on DK and FD... swing for the fences kind of week I guess.

2 Milly Maker entries on each site: 

QB/WR: T. Brady + WR stack and L. Jackson + WR stack (one each on DK and FD) 

RBs: A. Gibson, J. Conner, E Mitchell across all 4 lineups -- 3RBs on DK seems like a decent way to get a unique lineup 

TE: J. Cook (dart throw)

---

Also on FD have 100 entries in the $0.05 contest with 60% Brady and 40% L. Jackson (plus a WR/TE stack for each lineup).  The rest of these lineups are filled based on the expected roster percentage and the FBG optimizer.

Finally, I also have one $0.05 (FD) and $0.10 (DK) entry with G. Minshew ( :lol: ).  And a few entries with D. Carr.

---

So it will either be a great week if these core  plays hit or another mediocre or losing week -- might as well swing for the fences as I mentioned earlier.

I'm going with similar lineups on DK and FD... swing for the fences kind of week I guess.

2 Milly Maker entries on each site: 

QB/WR: T. Brady + WR stack and L. Jackson + WR stack (one each on DK and FD) 

RBs: A. Gibson, J. Conner, E Mitchell across all 4 lineups -- 3RBs on DK seems like a decent way to get a unique lineup 

TE: J. Cook (dart throw)

---

Also on FD have 100 entries in the $0.05 contest with 60% Brady and 40% L. Jackson (plus a WR/TE stack for each lineup).  The rest of these lineups are filled based on the expected roster percentage and the FBG optimizer.

Finally, I also have one $0.05 (FD) and $0.10 (DK) entry with G. Minshew ( :lol: ).  And a few entries with D. Carr.

---

So it will either be a great week if these core  plays hit or another mediocre or losing week -- might as well swing for the fences as I mentioned earlier.

So you are using the FBG tool and forcing it to use Brady/Jax?  If so, why do you feel your method is better than just letting the tool do more of it's thing?

Is Devin Knotts doing college this year?  If so (since it's after the fact), can you PM me his projections for the Saturday main slate?

So you are using the FBG tool and forcing it to use Brady/Jax?  If so, why do you feel your method is better than just letting the tool do more of it's thing?

Is Devin Knotts doing college this year?  If so (since it's after the fact), can you PM me his projections for the Saturday main slate?

I don't think FBG is doing college football projections this year.

Yes - I'm using the FBG lineup builder, forcing Brady/Jackson + a WR/TE, and then letting the tool fill in the rest of the rosters based on projected ownership.  In the past, I've tried "letting the tool do more off it's thing" and it hasn't worked either :lol:  

My thought is to pick a few QBs I like and get a broad cross section of the other players in the player pool.  If you include all the QBs, you sort of dilute the other players if you will for the QBs you like the best.  Some QBs on any slate will obviously stink and you are "wasting" those other players in those lineups.  So if Brady or Jackson finish as the best QB I have a better chance of having a very good lineup.  If D. Carr finishes first (for example), I might have him in only 5% of the lineups or whatever and then the chances of having all the players in those lineups being optimal isn't that great.  Now obviously I have to pick the best QBs or this doesn't work, but it seems like a better way to maximize good weeks.

L. Jackson was a bust - he stinks :lol:  

DK ~45 in and 42.50 out

FD milly maker 10 in zero out

FD 100 entries in $0.05 contest - 5 in and 3 out.

Back to the drawing board next week.

LOL...same story every week.

Crushed the 1 pms games.

Saw a bunch of overlay in the 4 pm slates and went heavy relative to my usual play.  End up in the hole like the 4 pm games have done every week.

Ended up getting back to even on tonight's game.  Strange game as i had Mahommes, CEH, Williams, and Bridgewater.  Even with Williiams only at 37% vs 80% for Mahomes, I lost ground as Williams racked the yards.  I was in the top ten in most of my GPPs at half at watched it fade to a 25% profit.

Cashed again in the bad QB league for a double up.  I've been playing that like cash and it's worked out well.

What was the winning total in the FanDuel million?  I used the cracking FD lineup by Devin Knotts and put up ~196 in my weekly game against friends.  I think that was my highest total ever.

What was the winning total in the FanDuel million?  I used the cracking FD lineup by Devin Knotts and put up ~196 in my weekly game against friends.  I think that was my highest total ever.
219.52. 196 range would have been $25-$30

Ran out two entries tonight with one cashing.  Only had $2 in because there was no overlay and touching a NE is stupid.

Ran out two entries tonight with one cashing.  Only had $2 in because there was no overlay and touching a NE is stupid.
I cashed and broke even last night but funny story....I invested about $15 in various lineups including $9 in the big FD contest.  In the big contest I put Matt Breida in the captain's chair reasoning that a speedy pass-catching RB would have the best chance of making hay against the strong NE defense.  On his first carry, Breida fumbled the handoff.  On his next touch, a punt return, the ball ball bounced off his chest and rolled out the back of the end zone.  Apparently I failed to account for the fact that Breida can't play in cold weather, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread