What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 13 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

Is Burleson as important a pickup as lots of sites are saying? I can't believe I'm about to get excited and waste a claim on him. Is he really valuable or are waivers just thin now?
Playing in the slot with Calvin, heck yes. High end WR3 imo...

As an RG3 owner, I may pick up Flacco for his week 14 matchup with Minnesota. I've rolled with RG3 all year and will start him once more in week 13 since I have a playoff spot secured, but I may need to play some QBBC come fantasy playoffs. Maybe I just have dreams of Flaccos late run last year.

He definitely doesn't have the same weapons, but his schedule is decent for owners panicking about their QB situation and slim pickings on the wire.

I like Flacco in 14 versus MN

I somewhat like Flacco in 15 versus Det or EJ Manual versus Jax

I somewhat like Flacco versus NE (maybe), Fitzpatrick versus Jax, or Eli versus Detroit in week 16.

loser said:
Johnny Blood said:
Is Burleson as important a pickup as lots of sites are saying? I can't believe I'm about to get excited and waste a claim on him. Is he really valuable or are waivers just thin now?
But he's started all 16 games with an on-fire Stafford before and has not been valuable (non-ppr). I'm wondering why the suddent explosion of interest? What changed? Was he not playing slot before?

Last edited by a moderator:
loser said:
Johnny Blood said:
But he's started all 16 games with an on-fire Stafford before and has not been valuable (non-ppr). I'm wondering why the suddent explosion of interest? What changed? Was he not playing slot before?
Seriously? Dude if you're saying Burleson has started all 16 games you sorta have not been payin' attention. Just sayin'.

James Jones was cut last week. Thinking of picking him up for week 15/16. With a return of Rodgers and games vs. the Cowboys (sieve) and Steelers (get shredded vs. elite pass offenses) I'm intrigued.

loser said:
Johnny Blood said:
Seriously? Dude if you're saying Burleson has started all 16 games you sorta have not been payin' attention. Just sayin'.
2011. Stafford was money.

Last edited by a moderator:
loser said:
Johnny Blood said:
2011. Stafford was money.
Got it - thought you were talking this year. Burleson did look great last week, with Calvin drawing the attention and Durham not being a real threat I expect him to continue to do well

loser said:
Johnny Blood said:
Right. I should have specified ppr due to a scarcity of tds.

However, he could be a ppr stud. He went 46-512 in the last eight games of 2011, and even factoring in an injury plagued 2012, he has at least 5 rec. in 13 of his last 17 full games played with Stafford. But yeah, not great in standard leagues.

I'm crediting burleson's good game to revis covering calvin. IIRC, burleson also had a good game the last time megatron was covered by revis

Picked up buff d for hopefully a multiweek play.

Also Dennis Johnson - Tate is final year of contract and maybe Johnson gets the start vs jags on thurs. Or maybe houston rb shuffle screws me. Damn you Ron Dayne!!

Johnny Blood said:
In that offense? Yes. I'm debating whether I will start him this week, but last week was a bit of an easy call going against the TB defense.

He should see plenty of targets from a very good QB. Nothing not to like, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread