What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 13 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

MCguidance

Footballguy
Anyone worth taking a shot on? Apologies if there is another thread, a quick search did not yield any results.

Benny Cunningham

Glennon?

Cunningham

CJ Anderson

Bolden

Powell (if he was dropped)

Dennis Johnson

Hunter

Patterson

Tamme (if JT is still out)

Why Powell?
Chris Ivory - RB - Jets

Chris Ivory said the ankle sprain he sustained during Sunday's loss at Baltimore is "both" an upper and lower.

Ivory rolled the ankle during the first quarter but stayed in the game, finishing with nine carries for 35 yards on 12 snaps. Of course, if he had a true high-ankle sprain then he wouldn't have been able to play through it. Ivory is expected to have an MRI Monday, putting Bilal Powell back on all fantasy radars.

Related: Bilal Powell

Source: New York Daily News Nov 25 - 8:54 AM

Tim Wright dropped to a lot of waiver wires last week. Now's the time to scoop him back up. So did Jared Cook. And another TE I think is worth picking up now is Dennis Pitta, who could be back by week 14 and has a very pass friendly fantasy playoff schedule upcoming.

Don't sleep on Burleson especially in ppr.
Started him this week due to WR3 atrocities. I think this might be the height of his season given how poorly the Bucs defend slot receivers. But yeah, he's a nice option in this offense.
Same here. I plugged and played him because of AJ Green's bye week. I still like this week's matchup vs the Packers as well. Calvin will continue to get all the attention from the defense so I think Nate has a reasonably high floor in ppr and as we saw yesterday his ceiling isn't too shabby either.

Another guy who is always mentioned with his name qualified by ***dynasty***, but has done well the last couple of weeks is Ladarius Green. Over 80 yards receiving two weeks in a row and hit paydirt yesterday.

donkshow beat me to that thought. :bye:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tavon Austin is a boom or bust player that could win you a game

Bowe is another guy that hit the waiver wire in one league...the Chiefs have a pretty favorable schedule. They had some defensive injuries, but that may force them to open up the offense.

Julian Edelman has been dropped in a few of my leagues. Was last night an aberration? Is he worth an add as a WR4/Flex?
I don't understand the usage of any of the NE wrs. The only "safe" guys are Vereen and Gronkowski.

Edelman's targets the last 5 weeks: 11, 4, 4, 2, 7 = 5.6 a game. Meh.

So, if I had to vote, I'd vote "aberration."

^ I think the question above is close - Stacy could be back pretty quickly depending on the concussion, and the Ram's schedule looks kinda tough going forward. I think I may actually lean slightly in favor of DJ. :shrug:

I'm debating pecking order between all the RBs as well...

Cunningham

Bolden

CJ Anderson

ETA - I own both Stacy and Moreno... F me.

Another decent name is Marquise Goodwin. Went over 15 three times in his last 7 games in my league. Classic homerun WR that seems to be getting more targets each week. A lot is dependent on Stevie Johnson and Robert Woods health but EJ Manuel is singing his praises. Good option for deep leagues.

Goodwin, Marquise BUF WR 55 7.9 -2 - - - - 15 0 5 17 0 20 B

How would you rank these WRs in PPR as Flex play for the playoffs

Hunter

Goowdwin

Streater

Patterson

How would you rank these WRs in PPR as Flex play for the playoffs

Hunter

Goowdwin

Streater

Patterson
1 - Goodwin...great schedule (with the exception of Week 16 against MIA) and should maintain a good amount of targets regardless of whether or not Stevie and Woods are on the field. Also is always a threat for a big play, which just makes his upside better.

2 - Hunter...strong believer in his talent and is the clear WR2 in Tennessee. Also a great schedule (except Week 15 against ARI) but was a complete non-factor in Week 11 despite a strong showing in Week 10 (concussion didn't happen until late in the 4th quarter on his first and only target).

3 - Patterson...they're making a conscious effort to use him more, but it's still hard to trust anyone on that offense aside from AD. Not the greatest schedule, but it wouldn't surprise me if Patterson had a "boom" week soon. I just don't think there's any way to tell when it's coming and you can't trust him in your lineup until he does show something more.

4 - Streater...not a great schedule, had a solid amount of targets in Week 12 with Denarius Moore out and Mychal Rivera out early from the game. Schedule gets tough in the middle, going to be hard to trust.

Is Rainey still a guy to hang on to? I could dump him for Cunningham or DJ, but not sure if that makes sense.....

need2know said:
Is l. green startable going forward in redraft? Seems like a reach...
He's likely going to be very boom or bust in redraft - even though Gates is not the same guy anymore, he still plays a ton.

That said, unless you have Graham, Gronk, Witten or J. Thomas, with possibly a few others, any TE is going to be hit or miss - so he might be worth a shot if continues to get 5 or so targets a game and does something big with them.

VikingFrog said:
ANYONE to replace RG3 in my lineup.
In single qb leagues you could try for Fitzpatrick, Glennon or McGloin. Theyll be chucking it a lot. If you're desperate, Josh Gordon made Brandon Wheeden viable this week.

VikingFrog said:
ANYONE to replace RG3 in my lineup.
EJ Manuel should keep things rolling this week against ATL. Great matchup, went into the bye off a strong performance and is coming back with all his WRs healthy.

For return leagues with PPR, Patterson has been great... especially with bonuses for over 100 IKRYards, he's had over 100 IKRYards in 4 out of the last 5 weeks. Leading the league in kick return yardage. The fact that he is being used more in the passing game is great to see. 11 targets in week 12.

I'm debating pecking order between all the RBs as well...

Cunningham

Bolden

CJ Anderson

ETA - I own both Stacy and Moreno... F me.
Same situation. Right now I'm thinking

Cunningham

Bolden

Anderson

But not confident

Who is the better waiver claim for playoffs: Cunningham or Dennis Johnson?
I was looking at this also. Lamar Miller is another out there to be claimed.
Jump on Miller since Daniel Thomas has a high ankle sprain. Although it will be tough sledding against the Jets front this weekend.
Thomas reportedly tore ligaments in his left ankle on an awkward tackle from Captain Munnerlyn during Sunday's loss to the Panthers. It leaves Lamar Miller as the unquestioned feature back and every-down player for the final five games of the year,

If you're in a do or die situation for this week, I would probably avoid Miller since the Dolphins can't run it at all right now and the Jets are a horrendous matchup for him.

Is Burleson as important a pickup as lots of sites are saying? I can't believe I'm about to get excited and waste a claim on him. Is he really valuable or are waivers just thin now?

IML, tonight's waiver draft:

1- Bolden

2- Cunningham

3-Weeden (2 QB league)

4- DJohnson

5-CJ Anderson

FYI...hope this helps. Dennis Johnson was my first choice but I am already in the playoffs and was thinking more long-term.

Dennis Johnson, Bilal Powell and Benny Cunningham are available in my league. I'm targeting them in that order. DJ and Powell mainly because they have performed and the guys in front of them appear hurt. Benny will still share with Stacy and I don't know how hurt he is.

Users who are viewing this thread