What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 (and beyond) Waiver Wire Targets (Week 15 starts on Page 3) (1 Viewer)

Switched him out for Blount but it was by no means a last minute decision. 
If I could go back and pull myself away from my computer just a few minutes before kickoff each week I think I would have several more wins this season... it seems every last minute decision I made was wrong... just a brutal year for my GM.  I may have to let him go.

Mine is a keeper league and has a Toilet Bowl. But I restrict the losers from making any waiver claims, only Kickers and Defenses. Sucks, but those are the perks that come with winning. 

I felt that sting this year as I was one of those losers. I made moves early tho for some keepers to consider next year.
Only fair IMO

Mine is a keeper league and has a Toilet Bowl. But I restrict the losers from making any waiver claims, only Kickers and Defenses. Sucks, but those are the perks that come with winning. 

I felt that sting this year as I was one of those losers. I made moves early tho for some keepers to consider next year.
I’m in a contract keeper, and we shut off waivers as teams are eliminated from the brackets, but we also don’t allow playoff acquisitions to be kept the next year. Rosters revert to end of regular season. This prevents dead teams from picking up FAs but doesn’t give the teams still alive an advantage for the next season.

Started Blount over Henry and regardless of the outcome, not regretting it. The performance by Henry and the performance by the Jax run D were huge anomalies condsidering the 13 week sample size.

And just for the heck of it, I asked one of the owners why he was making claims when his season was over. He says he always manages through the end of the year and 1) I should ask about that setting before joining a league and 2) Good luck finding a league that has a rule preventing roster moves by eliminated teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
During the play-offs, we move the teams still competing for a title to the top of the waiver list so they have priority to at least one player.

As the commish, I just lock all non playoff teams rosters before waivers run week 14 so they can't make any moves.  Pretty easy.

Updating for week 15:

QB's:

• Josh Allen - continues to impress and might even be worth starting over some other QB's who have been rated higher earlier on
RB's:

• Justin Jackson (LAC) - Not sure if Gordon will be back this week or not, but he's still worth owning
  • Damien Williams (KC) - handcuff to Ware & got some goalline looks this past week
  • Nyheim Hines (IND) - more of a PPR play, but if not already owned, worth a look
  • LeGarrette Blount (DET) - no idea when Johnson is coming back and Blount is at least the goalline back
  • Rex Burkhead (NE) - dart throw in NE
  • John Kelly (LAR) - Gurley handcuff
  • Kennith Dixon (BAL) - who knows what's going on with the RB position in BAL, butworth listing here
WR's:

• Adam Humphries (TB) - not as big of a week as i'd have homed, but still getting a lot of targets
  • Curtis Samuel (CAR) - WR3?
  • Antonio Callaway (CLE) - high ceiling...low floor though
  • Michael Gallup (DAL) - actually looked good on Thursday and appears to be the #2 behind Cooper
TE:

• Mark Andrews (BAL) - who knows with TE this season
  • C.J. Uzomah (CIN) - see above

Updating for week 15

RB's:

• Justin Jackson (LAC) - Not sure if Gordon will be back this week or not, but he's still worth ownin
Just heard from Sleeperbot that Ekeler expected to be inactive and Gordon not healthy enough to practice yet. 

Jackson could be in line for RB2 floor and top 10 (or better) ceiling this week 

14-team standard league. I have a roster spot to burn, and I'm honestly not sure if there's anyone worth picking up. No obvious handcuffs for my RBs (I have Barkley, Lindsay and Michel, and we can only start two). I mean, even if one of my guys goes down, would I really start Gallman or Freeman in a playoff game? Maybe Burkhead, but even with a Michel injury I probably wouldn't start him over Saquon/Lindsay. For WRs, it's either Hamilton, CSamuel or ZJones, all of whom would need multiple injuries to make my lineup. There's not even a decent DST out there to pick up as a block (I have Chicago).

I'm actually considering a WR handcuff (Conley, in case Hill's injury gets worse). At least he would have some upside as the top WR (and second receiving option) on a dominant offense.

I'll be starting Allen over Cousins and Wentz

Derek Carr might be a solid streaming option vs CINCY

For TE desperate teams, Vernon Davis might not be a bad pickup.

Kenny Stills is available in a few of my leagues.  Tannehill seems to favor him. 
Looking at him and Samuel and Pettis as possible WR options among a few others.

Had the bye this week...and hoping OBJ will be ok, but I can't count on Ridley in the playoffs now to go next to Boyd if OBJ can't go.

14-team standard league. I have a roster spot to burn, and I'm honestly not sure if there's anyone worth picking up. No obvious handcuffs for my RBs (I have Barkley, Lindsay and Michel, and we can only start two). I mean, even if one of my guys goes down, would I really start Gallman or Freeman in a playoff game? Maybe Burkhead, but even with a Michel injury I probably wouldn't start him over Saquon/Lindsay. For WRs, it's either Hamilton, CSamuel or ZJones, all of whom would need multiple injuries to make my lineup. There's not even a decent DST out there to pick up as a block (I have Chicago).

I'm actually considering a WR handcuff (Conley, in case Hill's injury gets worse). At least he would have some upside as the top WR (and second receiving option) on a dominant offense.
I'd try and play some keep away then. Does your opponent have any obvious holes he might be looking to fill via FA? If so, use the spot that way. 

Averaging around 10ppg in standard the last 4 weeks.  He is getting looks, but Carolina is collapsing right now.  

Really bright future here though.
For the record, his stat line last week was inflated by one of those end-of-half plays where they threw a dump-off to him instead of attempting a Hail Mary and he picked up 33 garbage yards. Other than that he had 3/47. Two weeks ago he had 2/17/1.

Not saying he's bad, and he certainly could pay off down the stretch, but as you said, he's on a collapsing team, has an injured QB, and is in that large group of WR3s who in a given week can give you 6/110/2 or 1/13/0. I can't imagine being in a scenario where I would start him with confidence (which is not the same as saying I can't imagine a scenario where I would start him).

For week 15 both Denver WR's Hamilton and Patrick, Foster, Conley and Dixon. If you need to start one of them the first 3 work, if you own Hill or have depth to add a flyer/bench player Conley and if you are short on RB help than Dixon should have a good floor.

For the record, his stat line last week was inflated by one of those end-of-half plays where they threw a dump-off to him instead of attempting a Hail Mary and he picked up 33 garbage yards. Other than that he had 3/47. Two weeks ago he had 2/17/1.

Not saying he's bad, and he certainly could pay off down the stretch, but as you said, he's on a collapsing team, has an injured QB, and is in that large group of WR3s who in a given week can give you 6/110/2 or 1/13/0. I can't imagine being in a scenario where I would start him with confidence (which is not the same as saying I can't imagine a scenario where I would start him).

He also added 25 yards rushing to that 2/17/1  (that was also against Seattle)

He is getting targeted alot (28 the last 4 weeks) and gets NO this week.

I think he is more reliable to me next week than Calvin Ridley.

He also added 25 yards rushing to that 2/17/1  (that was also against Seattle)

He is getting targeted alot (28 the last 4 weeks) and gets NO this week.

I think he is more reliable to me next week than Calvin Ridley.
I mean, given that Ridley's team is also imploding and he plays behind Julio, I'd agree. But I view them both as part of that broad group of WR3s who can go off any time but are very hard to trust.

I mean, given that Ridley's team is also imploding and he plays behind Julio, I'd agree. But I view them both as part of that broad group of WR3s who can go off any time but are very hard to trust.
Right...just like Samuel's targets a bit more and he doesn't have as much comp for touches as Ridley seems to right now.  Add in a few runs and going against NO and he seems tempting at least.

shadyridr said:
I'll be starting Allen over Cousins and Wentz

Derek Carr might be a solid streaming option vs CINCY
I may roll the dice with Carr this week over Cousins and Lamar Jackson (nervous that they might bring Flacco in)

Who would have thought?

I may roll the dice with Carr this week over Cousins and Lamar Jackson (nervous that they might bring Flacco in)

Who would have thought?
Got the same two QBs.

I don't think I can stomach the thought of playing Carr in the playoffs, however. Might play Josh Allen if I can snag him, though I was reading how Detroit hasn't let any QBs run on them this year.

Got the same two QBs.

I don't think I can stomach the thought of playing Carr in the playoffs, however. 
Unfortunately Josh Allen is no longer available for me to pick up.

Cousins is a mess and they just fired the OC so who knows what will happen there. And as I mentioned I'm worried about Flacco coming back.

Carr has looked good the past 2 weeks and the matchup will be the best one so far.  

Anyone know who the JETS could roll out if their top three backs don't go? 

Elijah McGuire missed Tuesday's practice with an ankle injury.

With Isaiah Crowell (foot) and Trenton Cannon (toe) also sidelined, it means each of the Jets' top three running backs missed Tuesday's session. An addition is likely going to be needed ahead of Saturday's game against the Texans. The situation will be updated on Wednesday

My team is seriously banged up enough to need this guy off the street. 

QB:  

If you need someone at this point, you're probably plugging and playing whatever. 

Winston feels like he's in for a bad week. 

Carr's been really good the last 2 weeks

Tannehill has 8 TDs in his last 3 games.  

Allen's been hot if he's there.

RB: 

D Williams needs to be added--Ware missed practice today

All 3 Jets RBs missed practice today.  Who knows who suits up.  

Corey Clement to IR--Sproles may get a few more touches

Ito Smith taking a larger % of the touches, not a great play, but better than nothing.  

Dixon--probably going to be an ugly 2+ man committee, but will get looks

Williams

Smith

McGuire/Crowell if the other is out

Sproles

Dixon

WR:

Robert Foster:  Red hot.  Suspect Zay Jones gets Slay. 

Zay Jones: not quite as hot, still has gotten the yards/TD's.  Quiet last week.  

Pettis:  Kid is a monster of a route runner.  His future is bright.  He lit up Seattle on the road last time.  He's had 3-4 good games in a row.  I'm tempted to start him over people like Boyd/Ridley

Samuel where he's available--80 yards or a TD in his last 4 games.  At home.  Suspect Moore draws their good corner whose name escapes me.  Saints will score, so Cam will have to throw

Hamilton/Patrick--I can see a game against Cleveland going any route possible.  3-0.  31-28.  I wouldn't feel great about either guy, but getting looks.  

Pettis

Samuel

Foster

Hamilton

Jones

Patrick

Was able to grab my two targets, Ian Thomas and Josh Allen.

Looking hard at Pettis who is still out there, right now I'm rolling out either Larry Fitz or Adam Humphries as my WR2 in PPR.

So I could be starting 3 players in the semifinals that weren't on my roster yesterday....fantasy is weird.

Anthony Firkser for TE desperate. Pass catching TE with 4 games in a row with 3 catches ore more. 3 of those games with 40 yards or  more, 1 TD. Jonnu Smith on IR facing a Giants team without Landon Collins.

Looking hard at Pettis who is still out there, right now I'm rolling out either Larry Fitz or Adam Humphries as my WR2 in PPR.

So I could be starting 3 players in the semifinals that weren't on my roster yesterday....fantasy is weird.
I like Pettis a lot.  Lit Seattle up previously.  He's quick, his route running is far beyond his years.  Fitz is old and the Cardinals suck.  Humphries got the targets last week, but I can see Winston being awful this week.

Anthony Firkser for TE desperate. Pass catching TE with 4 games in a row with 3 catches ore more. 3 of those games with 40 yards or  more, 1 TD. Jonnu Smith on IR facing a Giants team without Landon Collins.
I'm glad we're talking TEs here.  

I'm looking at both Ian Thomas and Firkser for Week 15, and possibly even V. Davis.

Did you guys have a choice between these two and each selected the different guy?  Any thoughts behind your selection?

Looks to me like Firkser has the better matchup, but from the little I've watched from both of them Thomas appears to be more explosive.  Kind of thinking Firkser has a higher floor but lower ceiling. 

Buttonhook said:
I'm glad we're talking TEs here.  

I'm looking at both Ian Thomas and Firkser for Week 15, and possibly even V. Davis.

Did you guys have a choice between these two and each selected the different guy?  Any thoughts behind your selection?

Looks to me like Firkser has the better matchup, but from the little I've watched from both of them Thomas appears to be more explosive.  Kind of thinking Firkser has a higher floor but lower ceiling. 
I could've had any of the 3 but honestly didn't really think about Firkser. Even when Jonnu was doing decently he was getting like 2 or 3 catches a game. 

I went Thomas mostly for the targets he's gotten since Olsen is out, likely because of Cam's shoulder injury. I think Vernon Davis is a good option as well, and he was my 2nd waiver claim if I didn't get Thomas. QB is the the question with Davis, hard to know how many targets he'll see.

I ended up picking up Thomas and Davis off WW.  I'm sure I'll flip back and forth before Sunday, but right now I have Vernon plugged into my lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread