What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 FanDuel (1 Viewer)

Totals for the main slate:

Cle  28  @  NYJ  18.5  Total  46.5

Cin  18.25  @  Hou  26.75  Total  45

Ind  23  @  Pit  21.5  Total  44.5

Chi  27  @  Jac  19.5  Total  46.5

Car  21  @  Was  23.5  Total  44.5

NYG  17.25  @  Bal  27.75  Total  45

Atl  21.25  @  KC  32.25  Total  53.5

Den  22.5  @  LAC  26  Total  48.5

LAR  22.75  @  Sea  24.75  Total  47.5

Phi  25.75  @  Dal  23.75  Total  49.5

It is Christmas week and my gift to you is an opportunity to take my money in three contests. 

#1 Christmas Day Single Game - $1 - Winner Take All

https://www.fanduel.com/entry/52695-241735510?invitedby=fatnate&cnl=maio&utm_campaign=User Referral&utm_medium=iOS&utm_source=User 3-20&utm_content=Link

#2 Saturday Only - $2 - Winner Take All

https://www.fanduel.com/entry/52701-241735588?invitedby=fatnate&cnl=maio&utm_campaign=User Referral&utm_medium=iOS&utm_source=User 3-20&utm_content=Link

#3 Main Slate - $5 - Top Three Get Paid

https://www.fanduel.com/entry/52696-241735612?invitedby=fatnate&cnl=maio&utm_campaign=User Referral&utm_medium=iOS&utm_source=User 3-20&utm_content=Link

Three separate links, so be careful to link into the right contest. If it’s to much I get it, but I thought it might be fun and figured we’d be watching these games anyway, so why not invest in them.  Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is Christmas week and my gift to you is an opportunity to take my money in three contests. 

#1 Christmas Day Single Game - $1 - Winner Take All

https://www.fanduel.com/entry/52695-241735510?invitedby=fatnate&cnl=maio&utm_campaign=User Referral&utm_medium=iOS&utm_source=User 3-20&utm_content=Link

#2 Saturday Only - $2 - Winner Take All

https://www.fanduel.com/entry/52701-241735588?invitedby=fatnate&cnl=maio&utm_campaign=User Referral&utm_medium=iOS&utm_source=User 3-20&utm_content=Link

#3 Main Slate - $5 - Top Three Get Paid

https://www.fanduel.com/entry/52696-241735612?invitedby=fatnate&cnl=maio&utm_campaign=User Referral&utm_medium=iOS&utm_source=User 3-20&utm_content=Link

Three separate links, so be careful to link into the right contest. If it’s to much I get it, but I thought it might be fun and figured we’d be watching these games anyway, so why not invest in them.  Good luck!
Thanks, as always for doing this FatNate. I love the lower prices for the  Friday and Sat. games.  I especially like that multiple winners for the league. 

I will try to post my thoughts for  the Saturday and Sunday slate in the next day or two.  Sorry no single game tips, lol. 

My thoughts on the Week 16 Saturday Slate

Tampa@Det (Det: +9.5  O/U:54)

Ok, this one has the highest O.U, but the spread is 9.5 points. Tampa should run away with this one. For that reason, I am Liking Leonard Fournette especially if Ronald Jones is out. I think given the option, Tampa will run first and use the play action to strike deep. I could see Antonio Brown ($6500) getting some deep shots. It would be a bit of a risk/reward play, but it could be an option.  Just remember, when Tampa gets in the red zone the first receiving option is usually Evans.

Tampa has the NFL’s best run defense.  DeAndre Swift has some value as a pass-catcher, but I would temper expectations.  Teams can pass against Tampa, so the best chance DET has is to throw and throw often.  Stafford played well despite the injury and he connected often with Marvin Jones ($6800). I am just concerned about the matchup against Carlton Davis. TJ Hockenstein ($6200) likely is the better option here.

SF@Ari (Ari -6  O/U:49)

I like Kyler Murray a lot. But despite being hobbled, the SF defense is solid. I can see Murray having a good game, but I think his ceiling is limited. Fortunately, he has DeAndre Hopkins.  Those two can be a challenge even for the best defenses and are worth rostering.  But they do not come cheap (both at $8700). Can they justify their high price? I don’t know.  On the ground, I do not trust Kenyon Drake even though SF gave up over 25 FP to Tony Pollard last week.  If Arizona is going to have success running, I think it will be Murray, not Drake.

When San Francisco has the ball, it will be CJ Bethard under center. Bethard has been unspectacular so far this year.  Thus, I would give a slight downgrade to Brandon Aiyuk. I think SF will be a little more conservative given a small bump to Jeff Wilson ($6600) - if he plays - and Jordan Reed ($5100).

Miami@LV (LV +3  O/U:47.5)

This one has the lowest line, but closest spread. I am not sure if Carr will start for LV or not.  Regardless, I do not trust the LV receiving corps against Miami – not counting Waller. Waller is likely a must-start at TE.  Running the ball, Jacobs is good, but I feel he will struggle as well.

I think Miami can move the ball against LV, especially in the run game.  I like Salvon Ahmed ($6600) this week, but how much will Brieda play? Will Geiseki play? What about DeVante Parker?  I will have to monitor the injury report this week; I think Miami could have some success passing against LV. There may be some value to be found.

Got 8 LUs in on DK for today.   One of those days where it seems obvious to load up on TB/Det, Hopkins/Aiyuk/Kittle/Waller, and those slates usually don't end well for me.  

My leverage plays were to include a guy like S.Miller, Q.Cephus, or D.Arnold in those QB/game stacks.   Didn't really love many non-chalk ideas otherwise, so then I rolled out a few Waller and Kittle LUs and left a bit of money on the table for my chalkier lineups to try to stand out from the pack.  

Trying to finalize lineups for the Sunday slate.  Between injuries and COVID, having a hard time finding a lineup I like.  Too many TE options this week. Players too expensive to fit in.  It'll be interesting to see how the week plays out.

Got caught up in Christmas and did not do an overview for Sunday. But here are the games I like:

KC@Atl - great matchup, but hard to fit everyone in.

Philly@Dal - my favorite matchup, but who to use? Hurts and . . .

Chi@Jax - Chicago playing for the playoffs in a juicy matchup.

Cle@NYJ - see above. How will COVID affect the game?

Others of interest:

Car@Wash - Sneaky good matchup. Washington playing for division.

Den@LAC - Herbert and Co. against a team playing out the season.

Cin@Hou - DeShaun against the woeful Bengals.

Current Lineup:  Trubisky - Montgomery/Sanders/Ekeler - Robinson/Lockett/Kupp - Akins - Colts

Player Pool:

QB - Trubisky/Hurts/Mahommes/Watson/Jackson

RB - Montgomery/Sanders/Ekeler/Gordon/Gio/McKissic/Henderson

WR - Hill/Ridley/Lockett/Kupp/Coutee/Higgins/Gage/Hall

TE - Kelce/Akins

D - Colts/Chargers/Broncos/Jets

Just did 3 lus today In a 3max.  

I figured ekeler and Montgomery are chalk. I think I did 1 lu with them both, then in 2 others pivoted off of ekeler for Wash rb and Sanders. 

Good luck, all!  

TwinTurbo said:
Pushed a lot of chips on Mahomes and deeply regret it so far. Another upside down, bizarro world week. 
I was on Trubisky all week and I had several with him, but I adjusted to more Mahomes and it cost me too.

Going contrarian tonight.  I believe the game is meaningless from both sides, so not sure who will be more motivated.

MVP - Cam with Byrd/Harry/White/Allen

Users who are viewing this thread