What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 17 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Chaka

Footballguy
This is where we ask questions and offer help. And thank you to all the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Mayfield vs Den or Matt Ryan @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.
Let's kick off Week 17!

I always post results of my head-2-head choices for the previous week and keep a season long tally. I compare those results to the results if I used a coin toss instead.

I don't keep a tally when asked to choose between more than two players because I'm not sure how to score it and don't want to get into fractions to keep the tally.

Last Week:
I picked a bad week to come up small (Deon Jackson & Marquise Goodwin killed me, I hope you all ignored those calls) I went 60-66-8 on my calls and a the Coin Toss was a more impressive 59-67-8

On the season I am: 476-406-47 and the coin toss is 419-463-47

On to Week 17!

Guess, I'll start:

Super-Flex PPR:
Rolling my Lions because they're home against Chicago.
Goff, Swift, Jamaal & ARSB also Justin Jefferson & Christian Watson (assuming he plays)

Need a Flex (QB eligible)
Lamar v PIT
Huntley v PIT
Latavius @ KC
Gus v PIT
J.Cook @ CIN
Marquise Brown @ ATL
Jameson Williams v CHI

I don't check my league standings in season so I'm not sure if I have anything to play for, doubt it after the Lions came up small last week. Thinking of saying what the heck and adding Jameson Williams.

.5 ppr

Need 2 RB, 1WR, 1FLX

Barkley vs IND
Stevens vs MIA
Etienne @ HOU
Dobbins vs PIT
Z Moss @ NYG
Waddle @ NE....who will QB?
Z Jones @ HOU
Sutton @ KC
Pickens @ BAL

Guess, I'll start:

Super-Flex PPR:
Goff, Swift, Jamaal & ARSB also Justin Jefferson & Christian Watson (assuming he plays)

Lamar v PIT
Huntley v PIT
Latavius @ KC
Gus v PIT
J.Cook @ CIN
Marquise Brown @ ATL
Jameson Williams v CHI

I don't check my league standings in season so I'm not sure if I have anything to play for, doubt it after the Lions came up small last week. Thinking of saying what the heck and adding Jameson Williams.
I assume you're starting Lamar if he plays. If he's out I'd lean towards Cook as I feel like he's becoming a bigger part of the offense, then Huntley then Latavius

.5 ppr

Need 2 RB, 1WR, 1FLX

Barkley vs IND
Stevens vs MIA
Etienne @ HOU
Dobbins vs PIT
Z Moss @ NYG
Waddle @ NE....who will QB?
Z Jones @ HOU
Sutton @ KC
Pickens @ BAL
Barkley and Etienne as RB. Waddle wr and I'd lean towards Dobbins at flex.

Last edited:
LCG

12 team IDP PPR, 1-QB

Pick 2 of the following 3 for WR3 + Flex

Stevenson vs MIA, Sutton @ KC, Gabe Davis @ Cinci

Currently have Stevenson + Sutton

Final RB spot - Standard league Elliott vs a stout Titans run D or Pacheco vs the Broncos who just got shredded by Akers.
With Pollard banged up, I’d say EE. Titans are good Vs the run, but I expect DAL to dominate TOP.

And with a short week it might be hard for Pollard to get over his thigh injury in time.

If Pollard is limited, EE becomes the 20+ touch back of old. If Pollard is out, the sky’s the limit.

I do like Pacheco this week. If Pollard practices in full he’s definitely an option, but McKinnon is getting a lot more love the last few games, and even with ~15 touches, he’s not getting receptions, and they’re using jet in goal to go situations.

Matchup be damned, EE > Pacheco

Somehow with injuries to Hurts, Lockett and others, sneaked into the finale

Need to choose a QB:

Goff vs Bears - playing great
OR
Minshew or Hurts vs Saints - not great matchup and lot of questions around Hurts' health

Starting AJ Brown, need 3 from the following, non-ppr

Cmac @ Raiders - not normally a question but will he play enough snaps? Ugh
K.Walker vs Jets - looked fine despite the ankle last week and got loads of touches but tough matchup
Dillon vs Vikings - Vikes can't stop anyone but will he get enough touches?
B.Robinson vs Browns - excellent matchup and Gibson ailing
D.Foreman @ Bucs - surprised last week but don't really trust him generally
C.Watson vs Vikings - slight hip injury, stats trending down
T.Lockett vs Jets - if he even plays

Last edited:
Guess, I'll start:

Super-Flex PPR:

Lamar v PIT
Huntley v PIT
Latavius @ KC
Gus v PIT
J.Cook @ CIN
Marquise Brown @ ATL
Jameson Williams v CHI

LJax > Cook > Murray > Williams > the rest

FFPC scoring:

Need a QB:

J.Goff vs Chi
D.Jones vs Ind

Thanks for a great thread this year
Goff at home is a must start.

mine is full PPR D Adams (49ers) vs Montgomery (lions) in flex. Adams isn’t getting the ball as much with the receivers healthy. Teams are running on Detroit.

Minshew/Hurts vs Saints - not great matchup and lot of questions around Hurts' health

K.Walker vs Jets - looked fine despite the ankle last week and got loads of touches but tough matchup

TE
Goedert vs Saints
or Schultz @ Titans - liked what I saw from Goedert last week, Schultz only seems to get used between the 20s when Dallas are losing and maybe a little in the red zone
I think you have to play CMac too juicy of a matchup and still think he'll get decent touches. 2. Robinson he'll be a workhorse against the Browns. 3. If he's 100% and it sounds like he will be I'd go with Watson slightly over Dillon. Watson had that big drop the 1st time they played the Vikes. He's much better now so I'd suspect the Pack to get him the ball. Dillion's scoring has been very TD dependant lately. Still not a bad bet to see him get 50 yards and a TD this week. Higher floor lower ceiling than Watson

FFPC scoring:

Need a QB:

J.Goff vs Chi
D.Jones vs Ind

mine is full PPR D Adams (49ers) vs Montgomery (lions) in flex. Adams isn’t getting the ball as much with the receivers healthy. Teams are running on Detroit.
Adams needs 12 receptions for 100. Might be something they try to get him. Just FYI.
I worry that its 3 this week and 9 next.

Minshew/Hurts vs Saints - not great matchup and lot of questions around Hurts' health

TE
Goedert vs Saints
or Schultz @ Titans - liked what I saw from Goedert last week, Schultz only seems to get used between the 20s when Dallas are losing and maybe a little in the red zone
CMAC, B Robinson, Watson if you need upside, else Foreman. The Panther OL is playing great right now, think they can win in TB.

Have to pick one of the below in 0.5 PPR:

Montgomery at DET - Herbert is now taking some touches. What the heck happened to Detroit's run defense last week and will it continue? They had gotten so much better recently.
Swift or Williams vs CHI - Heard Williams went out early last week with injury and he's been a bust the last few weeks. If he does not play Swift at least gets more touches although Jackson is still there.
L Murray at KC - After the disaster of this last week I have to think he is droppable. The coaching change may help get the Broncos fired up again but they may be lost for the season. They also got Edmunds into the mix last week and no way to know who they might want to be the RB lead with the new head coach.

Right now leaning Montgomery over Swift. Will also be playing Amon St. Brown in the same league and possibly Goff in another. Little worried about being too Detroit heavy in case something goes wrong but they do much better at home so that may not be a bad thing at all.

Have to pick one of the below in 0.5 PPR:

Montgomery at DET - Herbert is now taking some touches. What the heck happened to Detroit's run defense last week and will it continue? They had gotten so much better recently.
Swift or Williams vs CHI - Heard Williams went out early last week with injury and he's been a bust the last few weeks. If he does not play Swift at least gets more touches although Jackson is still there.
L Murray at KC - After the disaster of this last week I have to think he is droppable. The coaching change may help get the Broncos fired up again but they may be lost for the season. They also got Edmunds into the mix last week and no way to know who they might want to be the RB lead with the new head coach.

Right now leaning Montgomery over Swift. Will also be playing Amon St. Brown in the same league and possibly Goff in another. Little worried about being too Detroit heavy in case something goes wrong but they do much better at home so that may not be a bad thing at all.
Herbert only had about 5 total yards with those touches last week. I can’t count on Swift when Montgomery will get 15+ touches vs the Lions D. I wold start Goff also in the other league.

FFPC scoring:

Need a QB:

J.Goff vs Chi
D.Jones vs Ind

Adams needs 12 receptions for 100. Might be something they try to get him. Just FYI.
I worry that it’s 3 this week and 9 next.
Teams can throw on the Niners, but Carr will be lookin out of his earhole on ~65% of his drop-backs.

The question is whether he’ll connect with Adams on the other 35%.

Made it to the championship game (superflex) despite losing Murray, Taylor and Lockett over the last several weeks.

Need my 2nd QB out of this bunch:

White vs SEA - Looks like he is cleared to play; has the most upside of the group but one hit could send him to the sidelines
Darnold vs TB - Came through last week with his rushing TD; Playing for a job somewhere in the NFL
McCoy vs ATL - ARI is only playing for pride at this point

Thoughts?

Final RB spot - Standard league Elliott vs a stout Titans run D or Pacheco vs the Broncos who just got shredded by Akers.
Since it's a standard league I like Pacheco more than I normally would. I agree with others that if Pollard is not playing it has to be EE. But if both are active, it's closer. I definitely think EE is more likely to score, which might favor him slightly. Two good options to have.

Since it's a standard league I like Pacheco more than I normally would. I agree with others that if Pollard is not playing it has to be EE. But if both are active, it's closer. I definitely think EE is more likely to score, which might favor him slightly. Two good options to have.
EE is hot now, and they should be leading.

Made it to the championship game (superflex) despite losing Murray, Taylor and Lockett over the last several weeks.

Need my 2nd QB out of this bunch:

White vs SEA - Looks like he is cleared to play; has the most upside of the group but one hit could send him to the sidelines
Darnold vs TB - Came through last week with his rushing TD; Playing for a job somewhere in the NFL
McCoy vs ATL - ARI is only playing for pride at this point

Thoughts?
White if you are the underdog. Actually you have the right order. I wouldn’t expect a lot of points from your QB’s.

Had some decent luck at RB. Need to pick two out of these three (using Garrett Wilson at flex so can't use all three) in a PPR.

Cam Akers at Chargers
K. Walker vs Jets
Fournette vs Panthers

Or should I ditch Wilson and use all three? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

I am an underdog in my final. Full PPR and need to pick two of this group (Two FLEX spots, one TE eligible):

E. Engram, Patterson, Allgeier, Sutton, Olave, Z. Moss, Hunt

Engram worked out well last week but not liking him this week against Houston as I think the offence shifts back to Kirk / Etienne / Zay.
Patterson may be the higher "upside" player but Allgeier clearly getting way more opportunities now.
At this point, I would rather lose with Sutton on my bench than in my line-up.
Olave maybe if he's healthy. Moss is more of a high floor play and Hunt I would only consider if Chubb didn't play.

Had some decent luck at RB. Need to pick two out of these three (using Garrett Wilson at flex so can't use all three) in a PPR.

Cam Akers at Chargers
K. Walker vs Jets
Fournette vs Panthers

Very close. I’d probably go Wilson, Walker and Fournette. Tampa really leaned on Fournette last week (29 touches) and in a must win game, I’d assume they will yet again. Akers is a good option as well though, but the rams are the only team playing for nothing, of the 4 teams/players you have to decide on.

Alright, championship week, all questions are half PPR (post edited after using Zeke in both leagues).

First, rank these D/ST options - holding the first two in one league and the second two in another, but New York's available in both league and might be an interesting streaming option:

Cowboys (@ Titans, TNF)
Chargers (vs Rams)
Chefs (vs Broncos)
Buccaneers (vs Panthers)
Giants (vs Colts)

Second, need one RB and one flex, leaning two of first three right now, but Dillon very temping if Jones doesn't go

Kamara @ Eagles
Stevenson vs Dolphins
Sanders vs Saints
Hopkins @ Falcons (only considering if McCoy starts)
Dillon vs Vikings

Third, need one flex, probably Pacheco given Denver's in full dumpster fire status:

Pacheco vs Broncos
Wilson @ Seahawks (only considering if White starts)
Monty @ Lions
Dobbins vs Stealers
Aiyuk @ Raiders

Thanks to Chaka and everyone else who's chimed in with thoughts throughout the season

Last edited:
Guess, I'll start:

Super-Flex PPR:

Lamar v PIT
Huntley v PIT
Latavius @ KC
Gus v PIT
J.Cook @ CIN
Marquise Brown @ ATL
Jameson Williams v CHI

lamar for sure, huntley if no lamar

help me win my championship
ppr

start qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flex, k, def

pick a qb
hurts vs NO, Minshew vs NO, Lawrence @ HOU
leaning Philly qb whoever starts

2 Wr are set
Chase vs Buf
AJ Brown vs NO

Pick 2 RB
k walker vs NYJ
Stevenson vs MIa
A. Jones vs MIN
Sanders vs NO
All these guys burned me last week. Got Walker and Stevenson in right now.

pick a flex out of all above (no QB) and J Waddle
leaning Waddle

kicker
Dicker vs LAR
I dont sweat kickers but I guess hes a good one this week

DEF
Phili vs NO
I have rolled with them all year and dont see any reason not to again

thanks will answer yours

Cam Akers at Chargers
K. Walker vs Jets
Fournette vs Panthers

Sit Walker. Fournette has been great in PPR.
Agree with this. Akers is the focal point of the offense now and has a juicy matchup against a poor run D. Fournette slightly over Walker but it's close.

PPR
Pick 1
Pollard @ Ten
Dillon Vs Min
Obviously this is if Pollard is playing

Pick 2
M Williams Vs LAR
Watson Vs Min
Kirk @ Hou
Deebo @ LV
A bit nervous about Deebo and I am not sure if he will play.

I picked up the Jaguars D as a block for my opponent since they are playing Houston. I have been rolling with the 49ers D who is going up against the Raiders. Starting to get tempted to play the Jags over the 49ers because their D has been rolling.

TIA for your help and good luck

Pick 3 rbs - non-ppr.
eckler vs rams
montgomery at detroit
b Robinson at Cleveland
jacobs at sf

For the championship of my big money league.

PPR
Pick 1
Pollard @ Ten
Dillon Vs Min

Pick 2
M Williams Vs LAR
Watson Vs Min
Kirk @ Hou
Deebo @ LV

I picked up the Jaguars D as a block for my opponent since they are playing Houston. I have been rolling with the 49ers D who is going up against the Raiders. Starting to get tempted to play the Jags over the 49ers because their D has been rolling.

Pollard if he is playing, Watson would be my 1 wr, I wouldn’t play Debo if he is playing since coming back from injury. I suspect they ease him in This week. I’m leaning towards m Williams as think chargers passing attack overdue and Jacksonville likes to spread the ball around.

Pick 3 rbs - non-ppr.
eckler vs rams
montgomery at detroit
b Robinson at Cleveland
jacobs at sf

Can't bench Ekeler. I know Jacobs didn't have a great week last week and has a tough matchup but I couldn't bench him because he has been the bell cow back and an absolute stud all year. It would be between Monty and B Rob for the last spot. I love Brian Robinson's matchup more than Monty's so I would probably lean towards him but it is close.

help me win my championship
ppr

start qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flex, k, def

pick a qb
hurts vs NO, Minshew vs NO, Lawrence @ HOU
leaning Philly qb whoever starts
kinda like TLaw @ HOU if Hurts is out. NOS is a pretty solid pass defense, and HOU is playing for the #1 pick.
2 Wr are set
Chase vs Buf
AJ Brown vs NO
Yes I would leave that be.
Pick 2 RB
k walker vs NYJ
Stevenson vs MIa
A. Jones vs MIN
Sanders vs NO
All these guys burned me last week. Got Walker and Stevenson in right now.

I’d go Stevenson + Jones, if Jones is healthy.
Jets D is legit. Sanders is hit & miss, and again, Saints D is legit.

If AJones practices are limited all week maybe pivot to Walker.
pick a flex out of all above (no QB) and J Waddle
leaning Waddle
It’s Waddle.
kicker
Dicker vs LAR
I dont sweat kickers but I guess hes a good one this week

DEF
Phili vs NO
I have rolled with them all year and dont see any reason not to again

thanks will answer yours
GL GB :hifive:

PPR
Pick 1
Pollard @ Ten
Dillon Vs Min
I like Dillon regardless here. Especially if AJones is banged up.
Pick 2
M Williams Vs LAR
Watson Vs Min
Kirk @ Hou
Deebo @ LV
Williams + Watson

I’d stick with the 49ers. They’ll likely give up more points, but they’ll get performance numbers (sacks, Ints, FF, maybe a DYD)

Pick 3 rbs - non-ppr.
eckler vs rams
montgomery at detroit
b Robinson at Cleveland
jacobs at sf

Eke+Monty+ugh

I’m not expecting greatness out of Jacobs against the Niners #1 run D. And he’s been trending down for a couple week (4, to be specific)

Robinson in a soft run matchup - it’s hard to bench one of the top RB in the NFL, but I lean that way.

But then it’s not my lineup, so I have. I skin in the game. If it were me I’d likely start Jacobs and hope for a short TD & a handful of receptions.

Users who are viewing this thread