What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 19 Draft (1 Viewer)

cbrooks105

Footballguy
I just joined a league where the playoffs align with the NFL Playoffs, where we do a re-draft each week of the playoffs, or at least the teams that advance draft. So 14 teams, with 2 getting a bye, which means 12 teams will be drafting this week (tomorrow Friday).

You only draft our starting spots which is 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB, 1 K and 1 D

I have the #1 pick, and its a linear draft, so I get 1st pick in each round. I was just wondering if anyone has done this kind of draft before and what sort of strategy to use? I pulled out FBGs week 19 projections and tied in our league scoring to create some VBD scores. Caveat in scoring is that passing TDs are worth 6 pts, rushing 8 and receiving are worth 10 pts.

Do I take Lamb at 1.01 or go QB?

Do you start fresh each week or do you get to keep anybody from week to week? That will matter a lot. If that is not the case then the strategy becomes really easy. Draft the highest scoring players each week because it doesn't matter if they win or lose. It really takes the strategy out of it.

As far as who to take first, it would depend on the scoring. If QB's are the highest scoring position you may want to go that route however, there is some merit and not going that route and let other dictate where you take a QB. Since you have first pick each round you may be able to really utilize a tiering system to your advantage for each position.

I would figure out my tiers by position and identify where the biggest drops happen from tier to tier. By having the first pick each round it gives you a huge advantage in starting the runs at positions and being ahead of it.

Do you start fresh each week or do you get to keep anybody from week to week? That will matter a lot. If that is not the case then the strategy becomes really easy. Draft the highest scoring players each week because it doesn't matter if they win or lose. It really takes the strategy out of it.

As far as who to take first, it would depend on the scoring. If QB's are the highest scoring position you may want to go that route however, there is some merit and not going that route and let other dictate where you take a QB. Since you have first pick each round you may be able to really utilize a tiering system to your advantage for each position.

I would figure out my tiers by position and identify where the biggest drops happen from tier to tier. By having the first pick each round it gives you a huge advantage in starting the runs at positions and being ahead of it.
Thanks for the reply. The first two rounds are complete re-drafts because of the NFL byes. Starting with Conf championships, you can keep up to 3 players but would cost you your top 3 picks (or however many picks for keepers). There is a new draft before each round.

Also, being my first year in the league (that's been around a long time), I don't know how these things go, meaning do QBs all get snatched up early? But I would think since there is only 1 QB for each team drafting, they may get drafted early.

I don't know how these things go, meaning do QBs all get snatched up early? But I would think since there is only 1 QB for each team drafting, they may get drafted early.
I have been in a playoff league where you draft your team prior to round 1 of the playoffs and then let them ride. We have 14 teams to match the 14 NFL playoff teams. That means each team is limited to 1 QB. Because of that it's a game on when QB's go. Of course the top few go quickly but the middle bunch may last until some tier is broken and then a few more go. Usually the last guy takes the last QB with their last pick. So some guys think that is value because that 9th round pick of a QB will likely outscore everyone else's last round pick of a non-QB when you are taking the WR5 or RB4 off some team.

Typically my QB strategy usually depends on my draft slot. It also hinges on how the QB's are for that particular year. Sometimes there is one or 2 QB's I just don't want so I make sure I pull the trigger before getting stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread