What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 5-Exploit Avoid Thursday night...Buff@Cle (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Tell me you have no interest in tonight's game and I will show you someone who has lost their lust for football. This is going to be a lot of fun and we have 2 teams that no one would have expected to be 3-2 after 5 games but that is exactly what will happen tonight. We have a couple of young QBs although EJ Manuel as a rookie has a bigger adjustment than Hoyer who studied a few years behind Brady, seems like he took good notes.

Trivia: Which QB has the highest rating in the AFC North? Where does that rank him in the NFL? Hint: Hoyer not enough throws yet...

Trivia: Which RB in the AFC North has the most rushing yards?

Buffalo at Cleveland (-3.5) (41)

A few things to keep in mind about Cleveland who is fresh off back to back wins, and were in the thick of it with Miami until late and had the World Champs fighting for a win in week 2 and lost 14-6 in a dogfight. Cleveland just needs to be able to score 21 point a game and they will likely win 6 or 7 games, heck they could win the AFC North, yes they can! Winning cures a lot of problems and if I were a Browns fan I would be having a parade about now. The Dawg Pound should be downright nasty tonight and I think most of the known Universe knows that Cleveland despite the team record has some of the best fans in all the football land.

Tonight will see a battle of two possible playoff teams in December/January, these teams are not going away. Let's focus on the Bills running game tonight. I think Spiller is gonna sit out and Fred Jax will give it a go, Tashard Choice should see extensive action tonight, what he does with that pop, who knows but if you are truly desperate with someone like ADP out and none of your bench is worth a start, Choice could be a sneaky play, only would suggest it in an emergency situation, I don't believe Buffalo will be able to sustain long drives on the ground tonight, Very anxious to watch them play for more than a few minutes and then changing to another game, they have an awful lot of up and coming players.

The passing game will be showcased with Johnson and Woods. Plan on Joe Haden following Johnson around a lot. I expect them to try and get Johnson into the slot some, I also like Woods on a few long balls tonight. The Bills will learn early that running yards are a premium at a night game in Cleveland with a rabid fan base. I expect the Bills to have a hard time sustaining drives and you will see them move the ball with a few long pass plays but then have trouble once they get inside the 35 yd line and perhaps worse inside the 20 so I expect Dan Carpenter to be busy tonight. Woods could easily have the best stats once again of the WRs. He is a rookie with a rookie throwing it to him so at the same time you might want to temper expectations.

The Bills have been giving up some yards thru the air so I expect Hoyer to find Josh Gordon a few times tonight, should be an easy 15-20 point night for the guy. Cameron is a must start right now, doesn't matter if it is a good or bad match up he is a mismatch for everyone right now. I am interested in OBG tonight at RB, he has been mixing it up and is coming on as a possible flex. Would like to see him do something tonight to get more playing time. The TE/WR combo of Cameron and Gordon is pushing the DBs back and allowing underneath routes to the backs with ease.

Final Score: Cleveland 17...Buffalo 16

I like a low score tonight. 13 of the last 16 Thursday Night games outside of Thanksgiving have all gone UNDER and last week took a minor miracle at the end to vault the Niners into the over. Good luck tonight everyone.

Trivia #1- Big Ben-20th in the NFL

Trivia #2- Bernard Pierce

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember two drink lunches. Sitting on Biscayne Bay in a tiki bar sipping margaritas and checking out the bikinis. The good old days.

The last several Bills-Browns games have been absolute abortions. I recommend that people just avoid the whole game.
I disagree, new QBs this season, should be a blast tonight. Lot of hard hits, some big plays by young stars in the making, I think there is plenty to watch tonight.

Will not watch.

1) Eat a dong CJ Spiller

2) I'm steadfast in boycotting all thursday games that the Chiefs aren't involved in. The NFL needs to know we don't want this. They keep showing if if we watch

i would post in this thread, but i'm afraid it'll get moved to the SP and I'm trying to keep my posts confined to the FFA.

I'll be reffing two riveting Jr High football games between Pleasant Hope and Marionville tonight.

Detailed analysis of player personnel to follow......

:popcorn:

I'll be reffing two riveting Jr High football games between Pleasant Hope and Marionville tonight.

Detailed analysis of player personnel to follow......

:popcorn:
Not so fast bud. Let's leave the extensive football analysis to the experts...

and clueless hacks like MoP.

Last edited by a moderator:
The real question is could anyone have any interest in this game without putting any money on it...

Would you, could you, in the rain? On a train? Or while on cocaine?

Aaron Rudnicki said:
The real question is could anyone have any interest in this game without putting any money on it...

Would you, could you, in the rain? On a train? Or while on cocaine?
Best game of the weekend.
It really was a good game. Lot's of big plays, both starting QB's hurt within the game, a fantastic kick return, and watching a scrub QB struggle and fail in the last drive that could had won it with a PAT.

Users who are viewing this thread