What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week Four Buy Low/Sell High (1 Viewer)

mere blitzianity

Footballguy
As a subscriber, my favorite article of the week had to be Bloom's buy low/sell high piece. I don't see a thread like this yet for week four, so I thought I'd start one. Here are a few of my selections:

Buy Low

Roddy White

Kaepernick

EJ Manuel (dynasty

TY Hilton

Sell high

Vick

DJax

Rivers

Reggie Bush

Gates

Buy low on Ridley. You can probably get him for a WR3 to a team in need of a WR. Good value if he can rebound at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can afford to sit him I'd buy Wilson. Took a few swings last week to lay the foundation and I'll follow up this week with another low offer. Some teams that are 1-2 or 0-3 are in panic mode. Have to pounce.

Buy low on Ridley. You can probably get him for a WR3 to a team in need of a WR. Good value if he can rebound at all.
I'd much rather have a WR3 than a RB I probably won't be able to start all season long. Same goes for David Wilson.

I'd much rather have a WR3 than a RB I probably won't be able to start all season long. Same goes for David Wilson.
In Wilson's defense, he had a nice TD run that was called back. He could eke out some improvement, but if the O-line can't get it together everyone on the team except probably Cruz will be fantasy kryptonite.

If you can afford to sit him I'd buy Wilson. Took a few swings last week to lay the foundation and I'll follow up this week with another low offer. Some teams that are 1-2 or 0-3 are in panic mode. Have to pounce.
Depends if this is redraft or dynasty. I'm not selling Wilson for any buy low offer in dynasty.

Okay maybe his value is even less than. Make it a backup WR then. This is exactly the time to buy a guy. When everyone hates him. Assuming you have room on your bench.

How is selling Reggie Bush after he's hurt and his back up goes off consider selling high?

LOL Bush is beyond brittle and will never make it through the season. As for Rivers, I just don't see him continuing to play well moving forward.

The time to sell high on Vick was before this week. We all knew he was either gonna get hurt or benched, or both.

Reggie...........sell high????? Reggie should be on the buy low list.

I do agree Roddy White is a good buy low right now and stash him for another month till he can play for real.

And I agree Gates is a good sell high candidate. Just not sure anyone will give you low end TE-1 compensation, but it wouldnt surprise me to get a future 1st from a decent team in need of a TE.

Can't see how anyone would sell Vick at this point. .

I tried like hell these past 3 weeks to get R. White. People are holding tight and I really do not blame them. Even in the guppie neighborhood leagues that I target; nothing.

Lamar Miller - I would be selling his YPC and the same shtick we have all been saying about Daniel Thomas. But unless Thomas gets hurt Lamar Miller is going to cost us another game like Week 1 at least a couple of more times.

mere blitzianity said:
As a subscriber, my favorite article of the week had to be Bloom's buy low/sell high piece. I don't see a thread like this yet for week four, so I thought I'd start one. Here are a few of my selections:

Buy Low

Roddy White

Kaepernick

EJ Manuel (dynasty

TY Hilton

Sell high

Vick

DJax

Rivers

Reggie Bush

Gates
Kaep: not sure he is a buy low candidate. I think these past 2 weeks have shown that the NFL is catching up w/ the read option very quickly.

Roddy: agree

DJax/ Vick: Hold: Eagles had to play 3 games in 11 days. and KC defense is legit

Gates: I doubt anybody wants him.

I think some of the team defenses might be worth a look as buy candidates for the long hall. I know the argument is to play the matchups, but if you can nab the Seahawks from a desperate owner, they are an easy plug and play for almost a lock for 10+ pts. every week. (obviously depends on your league settings). With a lot of RB injuries out there, some teams may not see the value in a D and covet a flex player.

Mistabishi said:
Get rid of MJD while you can. This may be our only week to unload him for something decent.
Got rid of him for Tavon and Josh Gordon

Is Ridley. Really a buy low? Bolden and blount are right behind him

Mistabishi said:
Get rid of MJD while you can. This may be our only week to unload him for something decent.
Got rid of him for Tavon and Josh Gordon

Is Ridley. Really a buy low? Bolden and blount are right behind him
I think Ridley owners have fool's gold on their hands. I do not see that scenario correcting itself.

I had a friend a week ago that was laughing because some guy offered him Moreno for Ridley and he was saying how quickly he declined it. I am thinking he should have taken that deal and ran with it.

Warrior said:
My sentiment(s) exactly.

:goodposting:
Depends on the league and the player you'd call a WR3, but in my main 12 teamer, I'd sell a WR3 type for a RB with a hint of long term upside.

Wouldnt sell Shorts.

His team sucks hes gonna get a lot of garbage time points,

I'd probably see A. Brown if I could.. hes never gonna touch 40 points against this year.

(smh, i had Brown and Gordon on the bench woof)

Anyone think Chris Givens is a buy low? Prior to the season many had him as a breakout candidate.

So far he's been disappointing...not many targets and pretty quiet in weeks 1 and 3. Of course in week 1 he had Patrick Petersen on him. Yesterday the entire Ram O looked pretty putrid.

Do you think he will emerge soon or is this mediocre production a continuation of his so-so numbers in the last 4-5 games of last year?

Wouldnt sell Shorts.

His team sucks hes gonna get a lot of garbage time points,

I'd probably see A. Brown if I could.. hes never gonna touch 40 points against this year.

(smh, i had Brown and Gordon on the bench woof)
Actually I think the opposite about the situation. Shorts will have Blackmon coming back and

Brown has no one to compete with. They will both be throwing and think on a week to week basis that Brown will likely be more consistent.

Im hanging on to MJD, he might not be pretty, but the rb situation is scarce...
He's also shown he's healthy. Even the ankle knock last week didn't keep him out, and he had 21 touches this week. Including two receptions (finally).

The Jags are a mess, but MJD should have some value this year.

He's also shown he's healthy. Even the ankle knock last week didn't keep him out, and he had 21 touches this week. Including two receptions (finally).

The Blackmon suspension really set them back. He's a flat out beast that can catch on the run with the best of them, and defenses have to respect that.

I agree MJD, IF you believe is healthy enough, is a decent buy low.

I bought low on Ridley last week and got him straight up for Edelman.

My team was very hungry for running back, specifically this week, with several injuries.

Still waiting for him to rebound.

The Blackmon suspension really set them back. He's a flat out beast that can catch on the run with the best of them, and defenses have to respect that.

I agree MJD, IF you believe is healthy enough, is a decent buy low.
I have to agree with you guys. I think MJD is a buy here, not a sell. He has proven enough to convince me he's healthy. Teams have been stacking the box and he hasn't had anywhere to run, but I think the return of Blackmon and Lewis will help to alleviate that. Shorts is a good little receiver, but he's not a true #1. While the QB play is obviously pretty bad, there's been way too many dropped balls and having the big play threat from Blackmon and a big body like Lewis should help keep the safeties honest. He should have a bit more room to run ahead.

Antonio Brown and here is my reasoning. I don't think Pittsburgh is going to be trailing by 3 TDs in every game they play. The 1st 2 weeks they played the games close and Brown was pretty much nill. A 40 point game yesterday, owners are gonna feel vindicated for drafting him but I look at a player who is gonna be a hole on your roster several more times this season...maybe he has 2-3 more games in the 20-25 range, maybe but I think more often than not owners are gonna be frustrated.

Anyone think Chris Givens is a buy low? Prior to the season many had him as a breakout candidate.

So far he's been disappointing...not many targets and pretty quiet in weeks 1 and 3. Of course in week 1 he had Patrick Petersen on him. Yesterday the entire Ram O looked pretty putrid.

Do you think he will emerge soon or is this mediocre production a continuation of his so-so numbers in the last 4-5 games of last year?
I would. At some point Fisher has got to realize this team looks better in the 2 minute offense.

Antonio Brown and here is my reasoning. I don't think Pittsburgh is going to be trailing by 3 TDs in every game they play. The 1st 2 weeks they played the games close and Brown was pretty much nill. A 40 point game yesterday, owners are gonna feel vindicated for drafting him but I look at a player who is gonna be a hole on your roster several more times this season...maybe he has 2-3 more games in the 20-25 range, maybe but I think more often than not owners are gonna be frustrated.
He's averaging 10 targets a game, as is Sanders. I think these two guys have been undervalued until now. His numbers were very good last year when both he and Ben were healthy. I think he was a great buy low before this week, but now he's clearly a hold. I think Brown, Sanders, and Miller will all present good value this year.

My buy low suggestion would be Hakeem Nicks.

He's averaging 10 targets a game, as is Sanders. I think these two guys have been undervalued until now. His numbers were very good last year when both he and Ben were healthy. I think he was a great buy low before this week, but now he's clearly a hold. I think Brown, Sanders, and Miller will all present good value this year.

My buy low suggestion would be Hakeem Nicks.
Shh...Gimme a few days to work this out...

The thing about MJD is that he's the rare back who gets used in his offense MORE when his team falls behind.

Usually teams completely abandon the run when they fall behind but with the Jags he is basically their one and only weapon.

So he still has value even when they are getting blown away.

-QG

Forte might be a sell high :( Rotoworld reporting that Bush is the designated goal-line back going forward.

Considering that Bush was Brandon Jacobsesque at the goal-line I'm a little surprised by the decsion.

Forte moves down toward Reggie Bush territory :kicksrock:

-QG

Forte might be a sell high :( Rotoworld reporting that Bush is the designated goal-line back going forward.

Considering that Bush was Brandon Jacobsesque at the goal-line I'm a little surprised by the decsion.

-QG
Only in a standard league in a ppr bush and forte are gold

-QG
Trestman did make a comment today, but I don't see the doing anything different from what they've done so far. Bush has looked slow and bad.

FF Ninja said:
Ministry of Pain said:
I traded Snelling for Sanders today in a contract keeper league.

Users who are viewing this thread