What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Welcome to Brown Town - Post-Hype Sleeper (1 Viewer)

Can you please explain what post hype sleeper means? not being coy or sarcastic, I've seen the phrase before but I don't get the 'post hype' part . and can you name the sleeper pick you're referring to?

#1 OL in the NFL. 2021 PFF OL Rankings

Former #1 overall NFL draft QB, coming off hot 3rd yr finish

Two RB1s. Both legit studs in their prime.

Two WR1s, one of which is formerly all-world and looking to redeem.

26-yr old former Probowl TE.

2nd-yr (offensive-background) HC fresh off NFL Coach of the Year campaign.

Welcome to BROWN TOWN, 2021!

Maybe the deepest roster construction in the NFL right now. Their RB2, TE2 (or TE3), and S3 start for 20-25 teams. Their WR3/WR4/WR5 is no slouch either.

Absolute model franchise. Should be battling KC for home field throughout.

Can you please explain what post hype sleeper means? not being coy or sarcastic, I've seen the phrase before but I don't get the 'post hype' part . and can you name the sleeper pick you're referring to?

The idea of a post-hype sleeper is that the player was overrated in year(s) prior and did not live up to expectations. The pendulum has now swung too far the opposite way and the 2021 post-hype sleepers are now actually being under-rated.

In this case, I think the entire Browns offense is filled with PHS players - with perhaps the exception of Chubb, tho I could make a case even for him.

This was pegged as the next juggernaut offense two years too early. Their time is now IMO.

Two RB1s. Both legit studs in their prime.

Two WR1s, one of which is formerly all-world and looking to redeem.

26-yr old former Probowl TE.
Wow, you're really stretching credulity with these.  I wouldn't call Hunt a stud, I don't think Beckham ever has another WR1 season (and calling Landry one is a joke at this point in his career), and their TE situation sucks.

But I'm sure Baker will finally round into form and provide the value that is expected from a #1 overall draft pick...

Wow, you're really stretching credulity with these.  I wouldn't call Hunt a stud, I don't think Beckham ever has another WR1 season (and calling Landry one is a joke at this point in his career), and their TE situation sucks.

But I'm sure Baker will finally round into form and provide the value that is expected from a #1 overall draft pick...

This kind of sentiment towards Brown Town pervades. It is why they are a post-hype sleeper.

The foundation of this game we all love is set with the Coach/QB/OL triumverate and then extrapolates from there with the surrounding weapons. The pieces are in place this year for Baker to take a significant level up. If he does, this entire offense does with him IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread