What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WelfareGuys - Ask Me Anything (1 Viewer)

Soulfly3

Footballguy
I write policy for the Province of Ontario (Canada) for the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services .

Always found this to be a topic I loathe discussing at family dinners, or when out with friends. But what the hell? None of you "know" me, and this could be fun...

Ask away about our current policy, before it changes (announcement to be made on Nov 22) with the Conservative government taking over, in the province. I won't give opinion on anything... At least I'll try not to. I'll stick to factual information.

ps: we don't call it welfare here, though even the clients seem to call it by that name. It's Ontario Works / Social Assistance.

How much is given out to people (minimum and maximum)?

Is it based prior wages?

What is your favorite Canadian beer or liquor?

I never got a chance to see Aqua Teen Hunger Force the movie....is it worth watching?

How much is given out to people (minimum and maximum)?

Is it based prior wages?

What is your favorite Canadian beer or liquor?

I never got a chance to see Aqua Teen Hunger Force the movie....is it worth watching?
A single individual is entitled to a max 732$/month, w slightly more if in the remote north or living on a reservation. 

As family size increases, so does the $. But not by a whole lot. Approx 1400 max

Not at all based on prior wages. 

Users who are viewing this thread