What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Westbrook has fractured ribs! (1 Viewer)

2 of them. Confirmed by Reid's presser. He's saying day-to-day but BS. I can't imagine he isn't done for a lengthy period.

meh. i wouldnt get too worried just yet. he came back out after the injury on sunday. i'm bettin he plays this week.

Given the fact that he came back in, says that it isn't too bad.. Wouldn't be surprised if he plays with a jacket protecting the ribs... been done before..

With Philly's bye coming in week 7, there is no reason to chance it with him next week. Let him rest for three weeks and hopefully he will ready to go in week 8.

here it is from roto

The Eagles revealed Monday that Brian Westbrook fractured his ribs against the Redskins Sunday.Westbrook's ankle appeared to be fine Sunday, but now he's got a more serious injury. Philadelphia's bye week comes at a great time, and the recovery time from this sort of injury depends on a lot of variables (what ribs, how many ribs, how serious the fracture, etc.) We'll update once we know more. Oct. 6 - 12:09 pm etSource: PhiladelphiaEagles.com

At 2-3 in that division Philly can't afford to give him a week to rest up. I'm interested to see how this plays out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Given the fact that he came back in, says that it isn't too bad.. Wouldn't be surprised if he plays with a jacket protecting the ribs... been done before..
true. trying to remember the last guy that did this.
I don't know if it was a rib fracture (it may have been sternum) but I recall Travis Henry playing games with this sort of injury with the Bills in ~2002.

I don't know if it was a rib fracture (it may have been sternum) but I recall Travis Henry playing games with this sort of injury with the Bills in ~2002.
His was torn rib cartilage IIRC

With Philly's bye coming in week 7, there is no reason to chance it with him next week. Let him rest for three weeks and hopefully he will ready to go in week 8.
No reason other than the fact that he's the best player on the team and they are falling way behind in their division.

No reason other than the fact that he's the best player on the team and they are falling way behind in their division.
If Philly losses a couple of more they should just shut Westbrook down for the rest of the season and get him healthy for next year.

His was torn rib cartilage IIRC
i'm thinking maybe Steve McNair? but he played with virtually everything at one point or another.

First and last year I draft westbrook. This is getting super old. Plus I have Royal, Deion Branch, Torry Holt (not physically injured), LJ... my team is crap.

If Devin Hester can play with torn rib cartilage, I see no reason why Westbrook can not play with cracked ribs. :kicksrock:

Oh and I'm pretty sure the last person to wear a flak-jacket in a game was Ahamn Green with Mike Sherman in 04

That seems to be the prudent move. Hopefully the MRI doesn't show any additional surprises.
". . . Um, Brian? I don't know how to say this . . . but you're pregnant."
Well I was thinking more along the lines of potential lung issues but what the heck, your scenario is far more interesting.

If Philly losses a couple of more they should just shut Westbrook down for the rest of the season and get him healthy for next year.
:goodposting: Good one! The Steven Jackson line from last year

Didn't Westbrook miss exactly 1 game in 2004 with the same injury? I can see him coming back after the BYE. I'm glad I got C-Buck on my bench.

It's manageable.

He played through the last game, and nothing has changed since then aside from putting a label on it.

travis henry is a different story--the guy was probably jacked up on 8balls of coke. he could have played with a broken leg

Oh and I'm pretty sure the last person to wear a flak-jacket in a game was Ahamn Green with Mike Sherman in 04
Mike Anderson wore one in week 2 of 2005. Torn rib cartilage.
Doesn't countbecause that Flak Jacket was just a :no:duh
wellthat did not turn out how i had planned
When the craze started running wild, the admins set up the board to replace "ploy to motivate Bell, Tatum" with ":mellow:".

Doesn't countbecause that Flak Jacket was just a :goodposting:

duh
When the craze started running wild, the admins set up the board to replace "ploy to motivate Bell, Tatum" with ":mellow:".
a ploy to motivate http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...?showuser=23494

Doesn't countbecause that Flak Jacket was just a :coffee:

duh
a ploy to motivate http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...?showuser=23494
no admin will deny my right to drop a stupid old used up reference that was never nearly as funny as people thought it was

At a small college I just had the doctor cut out my ribs so I could play the next game! Maybe he will just do that.

Users who are viewing this thread